Elon Musk says he will have chip implants in our brain to listen to music!

Bunraku

Omg isn’t this so exciting! I can’t wait to listen to my favorite playlists. He says he will have a chip implant in the works and I think it has internet connectivity too. It goes directly inside our heads. Isn’t technology so amazing?

Read more here: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53956683
It is SOooooo exciting! I can’t wait for you guys to iMessage me directly. :lol:

Would you get this? :)

petosiris

Banned
Omg isn’t this so exciting! I can’t wait to listen to my favorite playlists. He says he will have a chip implant in the works and I think it has internet connectivity too. It goes directly inside our heads. Isn’t technology so amazing?

It is SOooooo exciting! I can’t wait for you guys to iMessage me directly. :lol:

Bill Gates: I am making vaccines.
Internet: No, he is going to place us chip implants. :mad:

Elon Musk: I am making brain chip implants.
Internet: Wohooo! :w00t:

david starling

What if you couldn't shut it off?

Bunraku

What if you couldn't shut it off?

You can’t. Phones can’t even be shut off when it comes to constant processing and sending your information to the parent companies. It sends information regardless, even if you turn it off in the settings.

But it’s good because it can process your likes and interests and moods throughout the day and modify it to your preferences. Think about wanting a burger? Get recommended Uber eats :)

waybread

This technology is not benign.

Nobody knows what it will do to your brain chemically or physically. Brains are not even fully developed prior to the age of 25.

It is a way to monetize your brain even more so than electronic devices monetize your eyes-- for someone else's profit.

katydid

I would NEVER in a zillion years, allow a chip implant for music, or cell service, or vaccinations...NO, NEVER, EVER....:crying:

Zeuses

This is a very scary idea and one which ethical considerations have to come into it in which case it should never happen. No one should be playing around with anyone's brain.

I neither like nor trust technology much but given most of interactions seem to be online eg bills, some shops are only online etc it is unavoidable, particularly during lockdown where even social interaction had to be online along with food shopping.

Last edited:

waybread

It's originally from Star Trek, The Next Generation. The Borg are a blend of humans with major technological implants and parts. They have no individual identities apart from the collective. Their goal is to assimilate the other cultures they encounter.

Too bad if you don't wish to be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg

Bunraku

you guys are just conspiracy theorists . None of these have any basis in reality and Star Trek is not a credible news source

Zeuses

You can’t. Phones can’t even be shut off when it comes to constant processing and sending your information to the parent companies. It sends information regardless, even if you turn it off in the settings.

But it’s good because it can process your likes and interests and moods throughout the day and modify it to your preferences. Think about wanting a burger? Get recommended Uber eats :)

What's good about that? Where is the privacy for people?