House ruler aspects

lantlos

I was hoping I could get some clarification about house ruler aspects. Do they matter? And if so, in what way exactly? For instance, the ruler of both my 8th and 5th houses is Mercury. So... now what? How do my Mercury aspects apply if they even do?

The ruler of my 3rd house is Mars which conjuncts Mercury and the Sun, squares the moon, and quintiles Uranus. Since my 3rd house is empty, do those aspects apply to 3rd house matters? Or am I looking too deep into it and overcomplicating things? Thanks for any help.

Rawiri

You're not looking too deeply and are correct.

Things happening to the 3rd lord will affect the 3rd house as the lord is responsible for maintaining those things. If he is not able to do his job properly then they will falter.

How they apply is a more individual manner and will depend on everything going on in the chart.

But in the case you give, with Mercury as 8th lord (and thus also 6th lord from the 3rd) conjunct it...Mercury is certainly going to cause problems to Mars and whatever he is ruling over in the chart.

lantlos

You're not looking too deeply and are correct.

Things happening to the 3rd lord will affect the 3rd house as the lord is responsible for maintaining those things. If he is not able to do his job properly then they will falter.

How they apply is a more individual manner and will depend on everything going on in the chart.

But in the case you give, with Mercury as 8th lord (and thus also 6th lord from the 3rd) conjunct it...Mercury is certainly going to cause problems to Mars and whatever he is ruling over in the chart.

Thanks for your reply. Could you explain to me why this configuration leads to problems?

urano

Mars is in itself combative and often warlike. If Mercury as Lord 8 can bring difficulties, Mars as well. Actually this conjunction can be tricky.
But very often communication (Mercury is the natural ruler for communication, and Mars as Lord 3 in your chart) is something that presents challenges, these days especially!
Well, just my two cents!

JUPITERASC

Thanks for your reply.
Could you explain to me why this configuration leads to problems?

keep in mind that ours is an astrological learning forum
where members practice astrological skills free
no one is paid
therefore
responses to threads
are often from members who are beginners with little or no experience
keen to learn by practice
we also have members with many years of astrological study completed
also
members have day jobs
and those of our members who are professionals
do not provide a complete professional reading for free

members who wish to do so are encouraged to discuss interpreting their own charts
to learn by practice

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM :smile:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=12126
Extended Chart Selecton Page at astro.com has options
to choose
from amongst the fourteen currently most popular house systems in use