Arudha Lagna

flyonmyzephyr

How do you calculate the ascendant degrees of the Arudha Lagna? Is it the same as the original ascendant degrees? Or is it the planet who is the arudha degrees?

Crystalpages

Afaik, AP-AL are based on rashis and not degrees. So, if aries is rising in the 2nd degree and mars is in 29 degrees taurus, the arudha will still be considered in gemini, just as the case where Aries 29 is rising and mars is in the 2nd degree of taurus.

Bean-counting gentry might disagree and might wish to bring in the bhava (sripati or equal h.d.) or degrees into consideration. ;-)

flyonmyzephyr

Thank you for the reply. I wanted to experiment a bit with the arudha bhava's. If I were to use a degree for the ascendant, which degrees would you recommend? I wanted to see how it worked with the equal h. d.

Crystalpages

Thank you for the reply. I wanted to experiment a bit with the arudha bhava's. If I were to use a degree for the ascendant, which degrees would you recommend? I wanted to see how it worked with the equal h. d.

This is a guess, since I have not had reason to stray into degrees specifically re. padas.

The basic tenet indicates that padas should be determined by displacement of lord from the sign (as outlined in examples given earlier)

So, perhaps as a starting point you may choose to experiment with the degree-displacements (asc cusp ~ asc lord) and apply those to the lord. If you do so, asc=aries 29, mars=Taurus 5 would fall in Taurus 11.

Please share if you find something interesting in several charts using such a design.

Good luck!