Mode and element that you lack-and it's sign

Chillaxer

Can anyone help me analyse something?
I read about the concept of someones dominant mode and element being blended into one sign, their dominant sign. Eg-fixed mode and fire dominant, so Leo is representative. There is a corresponding sign for what you lack.
I lack fire and mutable planets most, therefore Sagittarius is my missing quality. Interestingly though, my north node is in the 9th, natural home of Sagittarius, in the fire sign of Leo, and my part of fortune is in the 1st house(fire) in Sagittarius. So both destiny indicators also what I lack in general patterns. Or something.

Anyway, can anyone discuss their sign of 'lacking', and help me to analayse these aspects?

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO, your chart is the blueprint of your life. If you have some "missing quality" then you, when you were non-corporal and existing only as a soul, designed it this way so that you would not use those energies in this life and that you would use others that are stronger and more useful.

Take what you have and run with it. Don't try to add what is not there and run with that.

Chillaxer

IMO, your chart is the blueprint of your life. If you have some "missing quality" then you, when you were non-corporal and existing only as a soul, designed it this way so that you would not use those energies in this life and that you would use others that are stronger and more useful.

Take what you have and run with it. Don't try to add what is not there and run with that.

Sure I get you. I'm not adding anything to my chart. It's just how to interpret the fact that eg, my Fortune is sagittarius and north node in the ninth, I have no planets around the north node but a stellium around the south, things like that, in terms of figuring out what energies to use to improve my life. In my case it's sagittarian energy which happens to be underrepresented in my chart but it does exist in the two points linked to seeking your best destiny.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Sure I get you. I'm not adding anything to my chart. It's just how to interpret the fact that e.g., my Fortune is sagittarius and north node in the ninth, I have no planets around the north node but a stellium around the south, things like that, in terms of figuring out what energies to use to improve my life. In my case it's Sagittarius energy which happens to be underrepresented in my chart but it does exist in the two points linked to seeking your best destiny.

I'm sorry. Your descriptions suggest that your astrology knowledge is minimal or at the beginner level. You would need to post a chart.

greybeard

You are taking it too far.

I just looked at someone's chart this morning. She has a Grand Trine in Water and a Grand Cross in the Fixed signs. Also, Scorpio is rising and Pluto is the leading planet of a locomotive pattern (and therefore of preeminent power). Pluto also enjoys a partile trine to Mars. Thus both the traditional lord of Scorpio and the modern, who is in domicile, are in "perfect harmony" and this special emphasis on the lords of the sign adds even more emphasis to Scorpio.

In such a case we must say that the chart has a powerful Scorpio overtone. You should examine the whole chart for such things and not simply rely on a count of planets in signs -- qualities and elements. Always bring the whole chart into any analysis. Once the foundational statements of the chart are understood, then we can move on to more detailed analysis of individual aspects and such things.

Also, and more especially, I would not recommend using "what is lacking" (Sagittarius in your case). What is important are the Positive emphases. There is a place for "negative preponderance" and similar viewpoints...and I do use them, but they should -- in most cases but not all -- be seen as secondary or background traits that act mostly or entirely on an unconscious level. They are often compensatory in nature or flow naturally and effortlessly (unconsciously) from the covergence of the more emphasized qualities or elements. This becomes that as if by magic.

Last edited:

ashriia

I lack fire and mutable planets most, therefore Sagittarius is my missing quality. Interestingly though, my north node is in the 9th, natural home of Sagittarius, in the fire sign of Leo, and my part of fortune is in the 1st house(fire) in Sagittarius.

Hi.
I agree with greybeard on this one I wouldn't go trying to use what is lacking in your chart. You came into this life with a specific chart with planets/aspects/houses that require your attention for your spiritual growth.
What is lacking in your chart is perhaps what you had too much of in past lives.
"been there done that".. time to keep progressing forward.

I didn't get a chance to see your chart, because it's already expired. but based on what you have said here. If you have sag rising with NN in house 9th.. this says that your in this life to study, maybe teach, travel etc. etc. Your chart rulers placement is very important too. In your case, Jupiter. by house, sign, aspects. I'd focus that, to see how you can improve, develop. Also if leo rules your 9th, what does your sun look like. lots of harmonious or difficult aspects? And I think with sag rising, that a good deal of fire energy already. no need to keep looking for more of it. :whistling: :wink:

greybeard

The houses do not "have elements".
The signs on the cusp of the house determines the house's nature as to quality and element.

As you probably already know, houses are divided into quadratures and triads, which correspond to the qualities and elements of the signs.

Analogous to the qualities (modes) are the Angular, Suceedent and Cadent houses.
Corresponding to the elements the houses are grouped into triads, which are:

The 1st, 5th and 9th...."Fire Houses"
The 4th, 8th and 12th ..."Water Houses"
The 7th, 11th and 3rd..."Air Houses"
The 10th, 2nd and 6th..."Earth Houses"

The references to the elements are analogs. Houses are concerned with affairs, circumstances, events, the goings-on in your world. Signs are fields that color whatever is contained within them. Houses do not "have elements" per se, but have similarities, run in parallel (the triads) with the elements that correspond to the signs. Thus the Earth houses are primarily concerned with "earthly affairs"... work and profession, honor and notoriety, money and possessions, health of the physical organism... those things that sustain us and improve our position in the world. In this sense they are "Earthy".

We also have Fiery or Watery, Earthy or Airy planets, analogs of the elements...but, as with the houses, not the same.

If, for example, there were 5 planets in the Water Houses (4, 8, 12) we would expect some form of emphasis on the types of affairs symbolized by these houses. These affairs would come to prominence, be of vital interest in the life. You can see that two of the houses in this triad are "unfortunate" and the remaining house (4) is the Dark House, the tomb, the final outcome, the House of the Midnight Sun.

In my own chart there are 7 planets in Fixed signs and Suceedent houses. There are 6 planets in houses originating at the IC, the Water houses, and these planets are in the Air element. If we combine these factors according to whether they belong to house or sign, we find that the Suceedent Water house and the Fixed Air sign are preponderant. This says the 8th House, Aquarius. My 8th is populated by Sun, in Aquarius, and others...so the outstanding house and sign in the chart is the 8th - Aquarius. In this way we can find a focal point in the chart, if there is one -- not all charts provide this powerful type of pointing -- that tells us about the "overtone" of the life as well as pointing to house and sign that tend to produce key events and circumstances in the life.

The preponderant sign describes the coloration, the quality or nature of these events of 8th house nature.

At the same time this preponderance enhances the power of Saturn (or Uranus, or both...depending on how you use rulerships). The planet ruling a preponderant sign/house grows in influence in the whole life because that planet disposes the affairs indicated, which themselves play a preponderant role in the life. We are now aware of the important role played by Saturn, and thus when we examine his condition and aspects we understand what his function in the personality-life is.

Last edited: