Is he cheap??

LOL_LOL

Hi,

I recently met someone and if things go well in a very short period of time, I might get married to him. He wants it bad. I met him out of the blue just recently and he might propose to me in 2 months. There is a distance between us (physical), so we do not "date" in traditional sense, but it does not matter.I will have to move to his state if things work out in January for us.

Anyways, this is a financial question related to our relationship and it is a very important one for me. I would like to know if D. is cheap or not? He said something that is typically a sign of being cheap, but because of the distance between us, I cannot determine if he is or not. I had my share of cheap men in life and definitely they turn me off, so I would like to know whether D. is cheap or not? Please help me figure this out. I have not posted a question on him, since we only recently met, but if he is not cheap then that would be a huge relief, as living with a cheap man later on will not help out the relationship. I have my way of looking at this.

He has an expensive home and makes lots of money, but that means zero. Some people are very cheap towards others regardless how much they've got. He said that women don't go to dates with him unless he treats them for a luxury dinner. That did not sound right to me because his tone was more on the complaining side about going out to a dinner. He's 40 so I though to myself "isn't that what most men do anyways on dates? Do you expect to call a woman over to your place to eat popcorn and watch DVDs like teenagers?" So I did not like the fact that he seemed to complain about taking a woman out to a dinner. I like it when a man takes me to a dinner and I ain't a gold digger because I can treat myself to dinner alone if i want to, but I would not appreciate a guy (who had $$) complaining over some $50 dinner date and whining about it. Please, please, please have a look at my chart.

I see that I should be looking at the 2nd house, right? But this is also based on a relationship, so will the 7th house place role here?

Last edited:

gecko

Erm, not really an expert but the matter seems clear: Asc Lord (Merc) in II house (accumulated wealth, savings) & in the sign of Scorpio whose Lord (Mars) in turn is in Ascedent indicating a notable co-dependence (parivartana) of the I and the II house. (Note also Jupiter in Cancer in the XI which is good for gains.) Hey, but I do Indian = whole house astrology etc. so don't take my word for it.

LOL_LOL

Erm, not really an expert but the matter seems clear: Asc Lord (Merc) in II house (accumulated wealth, savings) & in the sign of Scorpio whose Lord (Mars) in turn is in Ascedent indicating a notable co-dependence (parivartana) of the I and the II house. (Note also Jupiter in Cancer in the XI which is good for gains.) Hey, but I do Indian = whole house astrology etc. so don't take my word for it.

Thank you. I did not quite understand though if it's a yes or a not answer. I mean at first you seemed to say yes by claiming that " the matter seems clear" but then you mentioned accumulated wealth. What is that codependency you were talking about? That was not clear too. I am sorry it probably my fault as I am not versed in horary ))) What is a notable codependency of I & II mean in this situation? Are you claiming that he is dependent on his wealth, thus that makes him cheap as he's "tighter" with his money? So this chart also shows that he's wealthy, right?

I do like him a lot, but I wanted to understand him through that aspect too. Sorry for the above confusion ))

LOL_LOL

I think she meant if the guy is a jerk not if he is well off.

Seems like he is well off, although that's not a priority, but nice nonetheless for any woman. My issue is whether he is cheap or not. I do not like cheap people in general and I am not like that, so that phrase of his threw me off a bit and showed a tendency to be cheap which is never attractive for a guy. Any woman will agree with me on this one. Some men are paranoid that women always want something from them, so they act "cheap" to test them while the woman does not know this, so they get discouraged by such behavior of the men and, as a result of it, men think of the women as materialistic gold diggers while women see these men as cheap and nothing really works out in the end. So I guess you are right...i was trying to see if he's a jerk through his spending tendencies lol

Neptune Rising

I have deleted the off topic comments, attacks and responses. Please stay on the topic of the chart. Personal opinions are likely to start flames, please consider this before making a response to a question.

Thanks

Neptune Rising

I am trying to figure out what 'cheap' means in this context. Are you concerned if he is 'tight'? Looking at his 2nd house ruler, Mars, it sits right in the ascendant, maybe this shows your interest in his 2nd house matters. Mercury (you) is the ruler of Mars (his 2nd house) and the strong mutual reception as Mercury is also ruled by Mars (in each others's signs). Maybe it shows his ability to share his 2nd house matters with you.
There is a strong two ways emphasis in money and not so much in each other. In a romance question, such a strong mutual reception between 1st and 7th house rulers is favourable.

Mercury (you) is also conjunct north node in your own 2nd house, what does this suggest?

LOL_LOL

I have deleted the off topic comments, attacks and responses. Please stay on the topic of the chart. Personal opinions are likely to start flames, please consider this before making a response to a question.

Thanks

Thanks for your assistance. Yes, people should keep their personal opinions to themselves. I appreciate your own interpretation. I do notice that he talks about making money often and I feel as if it's top priority for him in life and that's understandable, since he is a man and any men wants to be successful. He is successful in his career, but is aiming even higher, which is great. Shows me that he is ambitious. I am somewhat ambitious in life and have more of a laid back attitude and it's probably my Pisces in me. :)))

Marinka

I use a different method of answering horary questions as part of my research and this method uses all the modern planets as well as using the moon to identify whether the "question" is being covered in the chart.

Just as a note, next time think your question out better. "Cheap" is subjective and therefore, is open to interpretation. Better to ask a very straightforward question and this will be easier to answer.

I adjusted the houses so it is a "whole sign" and with that, the moon falls into the 10th house of status and that is what this question seems to be about.

His money would be the 8th and the ruler is Mars in your 1st and this also reaffirms that "his money" is the focus here. His money (mars) has finished an opposition to you (Chiron) and this is apparent in what you said about his comments about "gold-diggers".

Mars is moving to sextile Jupiter and jupiter has become retrograde so is moving backwards to meet mars. This is indicating a positive answer so, YES, he is cheap.

M

may28gemini

I have very limited/basic horary skills.

You= Mercury, Him= Saturn (I use the 5th house). You're in the 2nd house and he's in the 3rd house. As Mercury, you're concerned with the material world to live off of. As Saturn, he's not a risk taker nor into extravagance, but rather frugal minded, so I would say yes, he's cheap.

LOL_LOL

I have very limited/basic horary skills.

You= Mercury, Him= Saturn (I use the 5th house). You're in the 2nd house and he's in the 3rd house. As Mercury, you're concerned with the material world to live off of. As Saturn, he's not a risk taker nor into extravagance, but rather frugal minded, so I would say yes, he's cheap.

))) thank you! Seems like all the interpretations here kind of point to that aspect even if in a different ways.

LOL_LOL

I use a different method of answering horary questions as part of my research and this method uses all the modern planets as well as using the moon to identify whether the "question" is being covered in the chart.

Just as a note, next time think your question out better. "Cheap" is subjective and therefore, is open to interpretation. Better to ask a very straightforward question and this will be easier to answer.

I adjusted the houses so it is a "whole sign" and with that, the moon falls into the 10th house of status and that is what this question seems to be about.

His money would be the 8th and the ruler is Mars in your 1st and this also reaffirms that "his money" is the focus here. His money (mars) has finished an opposition to you (Chiron) and this is apparent in what you said about his comments about "gold-diggers".

Mars is moving to sextile Jupiter and jupiter has become retrograde so is moving backwards to meet mars. This is indicating a positive answer so, YES, he is cheap.

Thanks for the interpretation. As I already mentioned, all the different types of interpretations seems to confirm that he is in various ways. )))

Marinka

Thanks for the interpretation. As I already mentioned, all the different types of interpretations seems to confirm that he is in various ways. )))

Again, I might suggest at some point rethinking your question, "cheap" is subjective and it might mean something different to anyone asked.

Only problem is that better questions might be offputting .. for example ...

- Would this man spend $200 a month taking me out for dinner while we are dating?

or

- Would this man buy me jewelery worth at least $500 for my birthday after 6 months of dating ?

LOL_LOL

I will, thank you.

Again, I might suggest at some point rethinking your question, "cheap" is subjective and it might mean something different to anyone asked.

Only problem is that better questions might be offputting .. for example ...

- Would this man spend $200 a month taking me out for dinner while we are dating?

or

- Would this man buy me jewelery worth at least $500 for my birthday after 6 months of dating ?