Should I reach out to him?

scahm

I've found out that an ex of mine has been going through a really rough time lately and I really feel like reaching out just to offer my support and see if he's okay.

Our breakup wasn't on the best terms though - he was quite disrespectful towards me and we haven't spoken in quite a while, so I suppose pride is really stopping me from doing so.

I was wondering if the chart can show what the outcome would be if I reached out to him and whether it's in my best interests to do so or not.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 23.29.19.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 23.29.19.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 23.29.27.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 23.29.27.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 35

ElenaJ

Moon is your ex, weak in Capricorn, which confirms what you heard, that he is not doing too well. Moon is actually void of course, going no where, at the end of his road.
However, you Saturn are strong by sign, retrograde moving towards him, so there will be a conjunction, at which point you can meet up with him.
Your 11th of friendship is Jupiter, also weak by sign and retrograde, approaching the conjunction with Pluto. Try not to force the situation, which is what Pluto tends to do.
All this energy is happening in your first house, so you are taking this quite personally.
Your co-significator Uranus is in your 3rd house, wanting to communicate. The house is ruled by Venus combust sun, retrograde, in the 5th of romance. It's literally a heated topic, so be careful about discussing this.
About 3 days should be the right time, when moon and Saturn come together.

scahm

Moon is your ex, weak in Capricorn, which confirms what you heard, that he is not doing too well. Moon is actually void of course, going no where, at the end of his road.
However, you Saturn are strong by sign, retrograde moving towards him, so there will be a conjunction, at which point you can meet up with him.
Your 11th of friendship is Jupiter, also weak by sign and retrograde, approaching the conjunction with Pluto. Try not to force the situation, which is what Pluto tends to do.
All this energy is happening in your first house, so you are taking this quite personally.
Your co-significator Uranus is in your 3rd house, wanting to communicate. The house is ruled by Venus combust sun, retrograde, in the 5th of romance. It's literally a heated topic, so be careful about discussing this.
About 3 days should be the right time, when moon and Saturn come together.

Thank you ElenaJ - it's really interesting what you mentioned about Pluto, as I've wondered whether me reaching out to him would be perceived as me trying to force a reconciliation between us.

I'm still on the fence about reaching out to him. Is there anything within the chart that would suggest he would want to hear from me in the first place?

Chrysalis

Using the lot of rectitude as of if this is the right thing to do, this lot is @ 11° Taurus also in a pitted degree, you Saturn retrograde away from the lot and your 3rd ruler Jupiter also retrogrades away from the lot.

Im saying its not the right thing for you to do.

scahm

Using the lot of rectitude as of if this is the right thing to do, this lot is @ 11° Taurus also in a pitted degree, you Saturn retrograde away from the lot and your 3rd ruler Jupiter also retrogrades away from the lot.

Im saying its not the right thing for you to do.

I'll leave him to it then, thank you. As a side note, please do a thread one day on how you calculate all these lots and parts, you're so knowledgeable!

kalinka

Moon is "just" essential weak but seems that he want to reach out to you but won't. Saturn and Moon are both accidental almost equal strong. So you should reach out to him because I don't think he'll do it.

ElenaJ

Saturn retrograde approaches the conjunction with moon, who also approaches Saturn.
You going to him.
Moon is now in Saturn's sign, but even when it changes it will still be in Saturn's sign, so favourable to you.
In reality, what do you have to lose?

Ouranos

Lilly in Christian Astrology Pg. 122 says
"if Saturn be in the Ascendant, especially Retrograde, the matter of that Question seldom or never comes to good"
Delay is on the Horizon with Saturn R like not willing to exert your own power (Saturn in own sign)
and
"Moon in late degrees of Capricorn (the Home of Saturn) may render the chart unsafe to be judged."
But your significators are both applying by conjunction.
I would say that before you reach out to him, circumstances will change (Moon changing sign) or something will happen that will make you reconsider your question.
I suggest to wait, be patient (Capricorn) and let yourself be guided by caution and practicality.

Good luck!
Ouranos

scahm

Thank you all for your responses, they've been really helpful. I still don't feel bold enough to reach out to him, just because it feels like I'm giving my power back to him (I'm still bitter about our breakup, I guess), but I will keep you all updated if/when I do.

Sofie

Thank you all for your responses, they've been really helpful. I still don't feel bold enough to reach out to him, just because it feels like I'm giving my power back to him (I'm still bitter about our breakup, I guess), but I will keep you all updated if/when I do.

I think that's why you look so strong in the chart, because you have truly drawn the line on him.

At the end of the day, whatever he is going through is his problem, and not yours, anymore, if he has treated you badly, in the past.

It's different if he knocked on your door to ask for a coat, because he is cold, so you don't slam the door in his face. But going out of your way to reach out to someone who hurt you, in order to help with some problem which has nothing to do with you, and he did not even ask for your help, does not make much sense to me, especially since you have already drawn the line on him. But I get that you are empathising, here.

Have you ever heard the story of the snake: In short, a girl is walking down the road and meets a sick snake. The girl picks up the snake to care for it. The snake bites the girl. The girl asks, "after all i did for you, why did you bite me?" The snake replies, "you knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

Not saying your ex. is a snake. I don't know. I just note how strong you are in the chart and from your words I figure it may have taken some work to get there. If so, I would not want you to ruin it, if your ex is a bit of a snake who finds himself in the bed he made.

Best of luck, with whichever decision you make. Stay safe.

scahm

I think that's why you look so strong in the chart, because you have truly drawn the line on him.

At the end of the day, whatever he is going through is his problem, and not yours, anymore, if he has treated you badly, in the past.

It's different if he knocked on your door to ask for a coat, because he is cold, so you don't slam the door in his face. But going out of your way to reach out to someone who hurt you, in order to help with some problem which has nothing to do with you, and he did not even ask for your help, does not make much sense to me, especially since you have already drawn the line on him. But I get that you are empathising, here.

Have you ever heard the story of the snake: In short, a girl is walking down the road and meets a sick snake. The girl picks up the snake to care for it. The snake bites the girl. The girl asks, "after all i did for you, why did you bite me?" The snake replies, "you knew I was a snake when you picked me up."

Not saying your ex. is a snake. I don't know. I just note how strong you are in the chart and from your words I figure it may have taken some work to get there. If so, I would not want you to ruin it, if your ex is a bit of a snake who finds himself in the bed he made.

Best of luck, with whichever decision you make. Stay safe.

Hi Sofie, thank you so much for your advice, it's given me a lot more clarity about the situation. You're absolutely right - it has taken a while to get to this point and I'd be doing myself a disservice by ruining it. Like you said, it'd be a different story if he reached out to me instead.

Best wishes and thank you again!