Becoming a lawyer

star2858

I know that lawyer-like qualities are 9th house Jupiters and Suns. I also know Libra qualities make good judges but that Sagitarious is a good sign for lawyers. I heard somewhere that a good 6th house would make for the 'combative' qualities of a lawyer. But is this really a 9th house thing?

I study law, i am a good student. Have won advocacy competitions and am doing so well, even better than my 9th house sun friends on my course. I hope i can work in commerical litigation when i'm older, and also carry on my interests in charity work. I have Jupiter in the 12th and Sun in the 5th. I have no planets in the 9th house, in fact. What is going on? Am i cut out for this career or will i someday change? I thought that maybe all lawyers-to-be would have a good 9th house, but is it really like this?

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 111

Culpeper

Premium Member
You have a very good chart for a lawyer. I use classical astrology in which the signs serve as the houses. You can follow my brief explanation by counting signs from Taurus, your first sign.

Those people who deal with the harsh realities of life have considerable emphasis on the 12th, 8th and 6th signs(houses). They include those in government, military, medical and lawyers.

You have Jupiter, Moon and ascending node in the 12th. Saturn in the 8th and Mercury in the 6th. Saturn also has some interest in the law and it rules both your 9th and 10th signs. Saturn and Moon are in trine aspect in the same degree This is a very powerful configuration and should assure your success.

The combination of Mars, Sun and Venus in the 5th sign is also helpful. Planets in that position seldom fail to provide some benefit.

vale.

astro.teacher

If Jupter, the 9th House, the Lord of the 9th and Mercury (a significator of lawyers as well) are all found fortified and in good aspect and dignified well, you can be guarenteed to be an excellent lawyer. In order to calculate their fortification I suggest reading through;

http://antiquus-astrology.com/Chap2-8.html

And calculating the number of dignities each of these significators possess in their current placement. The higher the + number the higher and more likely chance you will have at succeeding in Law. Another point, if you find the Lord of the 9th House in your 10th House, or Jupiter or Mercury, or the Lord of the 10th in good aspect with these significators (or one of them) then your chances of becoming a lawyer will increase dramatically.

astro.teacher

Also, i have no planets in 9th house of law...is this detrimental?

Every House is assigned a Planet (actually multiple but its lord is primary), therefore it doesnt matter if there is a Planet in the 9th House or not.

zona967

Banned
Mars in Virgo - a typical workaholic. :) Beware not to work yourself to death. :p Chiron in Gemini in 2nd house could mean talking to an audience might bring money and/or self-esteem. Sun, Mars and Venus in 5th house is also beneficial to the "audience" thing as it might point to the expression of energies on a stage. I personally think that law is more a Scorpio thing a Sagi thing. Depends on the type of lawyer, of course, but Sagis would not normally go against the truth. Scorpio, on the other hand, would revel in being able to destroy the opposition in a trial. One final thing, the ruler of the 3rd house is in the 12 house which (as a quite wild prediction) could mean communication about the hidden as a way of gaining status.

star2858

zona967 said:
Mars in Virgo - a typical workaholic. :) Beware not to work yourself to death. :p Chiron in Gemini in 2nd house could mean talking to an audience might bring money and/or self-esteem. Sun, Mars and Venus in 5th house is also beneficial to the "audience" thing as it might point to the expression of energies on a stage. I personally think that law is more a Scorpio thing a Sagi thing. Depends on the type of lawyer, of course, but Sagis would not normally go against the truth. Scorpio, on the other hand, would revel in being able to destroy the opposition in a trial. One final thing, the ruler of the 3rd house is in the 12 house which (as a quite wild prediction) could mean communication about the hidden as a way of gaining status.

Thanks for the analysis zona. I do tend to overwork and overstress at times. I only have scorpio on the 7th house cusp and no where else. I would love to have this scorpio abiltiy of thrashing the opposition in court though.

Communication about the hidden? I wonder what that could be.

zona967

Banned
Yes, but you worried about having nothing in 9th house. You have two planets in 8th house (meaning some Scorpio features are attached to them) and a Pluto at home in Scorpio. My advice is not to worry over which sign is more *lawerly* I don't think it matters that much.

As regards ruler of 3rd house in the 12th, it could be that you unravel someone's secrets in public speaking. And that will bring you status since the Moon travels 10 houses to get there. It sounds like a successful lawyer in a court room. :p

One final thing, I would advise you not to take all these predictions too seriously. Deep down you do know what will become of you one day. :) Good luck!

star2858

zona967 said:
Yes, but you worried about having nothing in 9th house. You have two planets in 8th house (meaning some Scorpio features are attached to them) and a Pluto at home in Scorpio. My advice is not to worry over which sign is more *lawerly* I don't think it matters that much.

As regards ruler of 3rd house in the 12th, it could be that you unravel someone's secrets in public speaking. And that will bring you status since the Moon travels 10 houses to get there. It sounds like a successful lawyer in a court room. :p

One final thing, I would advise you not to take all these predictions too seriously. Deep down you do know what will become of you one day. :) Good luck!

Yes, you are right.

Isn't mercury the ruler of the 3rd house? I have it in the 6th house i thought. Am i right?

star2858

zona967 said:
Cancer is on the cusp of your 3rd house. That makes the Moon its ruler. And yes, Mercury is in the 6th house.

Oh right, yes i understand. I think your interpretation is correct. I have excellent research skills which i have used to master advocacy competitions (in the courtroom) and people say i'm a great person to listen to in the courtroom. Shame i won't be becoming a barrister though. Commercial litigation solicitor here i come!

Claire19

The 9th house deals with the judiciary and higher court matters. Jupiter and Sagittarius.
The 7th is more settlements, conciliation and lower court matters. Libra and Venus.
I would say that you have aspects for family law or domestic violence issues and other womens issues. Being in a partnership or a firm rather than going it alone would be best for you. You may become a magistrate or a solicitor and then maybe progress to higher status but there will be obstacles to be overcome.

Krewster

Looking just at how the aspects bear on the question:

-Star's Merc 90 Nept doesn't seem typical for this occupation, but Merc's participation in a 36-72-36 triangle with Sat and Pluto lends focus (the Merc 72 Sat is especially on point as it lends a high tolerance for clerical details and exercising short-term memory); as if that's not enough, Star's Merc's tightest aspect is the tri-septile to Jup (lending an imperious style); finally, Star's Sun 90 Sat is also not off point (I know of two prominently-employed attorneys with the oppo).

-PD's Merc is locked in one of those 180-45-135 triangles with Moon and Merc (suggesting that mental activities are associated with emotional stress) but it is also tightly bi-novile to Uran/Jup (giving pleasure in mental expansion and theorizing). I wonder how these two counter-balance each other.

Krewster

Yes, PD, on 2nd look, not only is your Merc the least aspected personal planet in your chart (as you say) but also its aspects (as you know, my post should have said triangle among Merc-Moon-Sat) are looser (41 min and 1.36 orb) than the tightest aspects formed by the other four personal planets.

But this should make it easier (right?) to feel the influence of any of these minor aspects (if they are real) and you may enjoy participating in the "unaspected planets" thread in the "aspects/configs" sub-forum here.

Among minors, the 45 and 135 (8th harmonic) are least understood by me because of the temptation to think of them as weak squares (while, by contrast, pros like David Cochrane think of them as energizer/motivators). To date, my guesses about their influence in a chart have received positive feedback when Ven is being hit by the heavies, but now you inform that your Merc (e.g., nerves, nervousness, thinking and speaking style) are relatively normal/in good health (e.g., no stomach aches) with only the verbalized studying style appearing unique.

Bottom line, if having to memorize endless details for the rest of your working life appears do-able, then you may be teaching me something about the 135 and 45.

p.s. not sure I would tie up attraction to law with a particular place (and, if so, not California) since last time I checked, about 1% of California's population held JD's (if not having passed the bar) and, anyway, with the legal market being as competitive as it has been globally, you'll need to be willing to relocate to get the best job you can (as perceived by you).