People with Neptune opposite Midheaven

astro11

Oppositions do not mean less talent, it means there will be more obstacles in developing your talent. It is important to keep in mind that oppositions and squares give you extra drive and determination in working towards your goals than an easy aspect. I find that the closer the aspect in orb, the more talent one tends to have because the planet is more powerful.

Rosaroo11

I just found this link and it's been so helpful.

I too have neptune in opposition to midheaven. Neptune in the 4th house, in Sag opposite midheaven in gemini. Saturn rules the 10th house, my saturn is in my 2nd house.

I was an opera singer before I went into the medical field :) I always knew I was not meant to become a professional opera singer, I just didnt want to do what it took to support myself in the profession, meaning I wanted to earn more. In addition, my insides were better suited to a career helping (medical setting), my hands itch to heal/help. I'm interested in a career in astrology lol but I doubt id make enough to support myself or my family.

Interestingly, with neptune in the 4th house in sag - I moved quite a bit as a child and now as an adult and often to locations near water (ocean, rivers).

Its wild all the links you start connecting with astrology!

ravenscall

I have Neptune in the 4th but not near the IC. However, I do have this aspect in my progressed chart and I can feel the effects. I also know a few people with this aspect.
Basically, at least in my experience, it has lent towards really not knowing how to manifest something tangible in the outside world, that I can feel inside of me. It's like having some interests, that are personal to you, and some desires, but the real world (and I emphasize the word real because we're talking Neptune here) the real world doesn't have any kind of place for those things. Or the environment not having any real opportunities for these people in particular. To make more sense for example, I have certain interests that I would like to make a career out of, but they are so "vague" to the world and so personally defined, that the real world has nothing for me in terms of career prospects etc. This is probably why I've struggled with career - nothing out there is for me. No ordinary class or course at college appeals to me, no ordinary career route appeals either. Or rather some of them do appeal, but I am more dreamy about them and less practical, because Neptune dreams more than acts. And I have tried finding things, but I feel as though this opposition keeps the Neptune dreamy and spiritual energy inside, but that causes tension with your place in the outside world.
I feel this aspect makes one more inclined to dream and manifest the dreams in their personal life, but the career life is hard to manifest because it seems so intangible (again, illusive Neptune)

Last edited:

craft94

I'm 20 and I feel the same way. I do not have this aspect in my natal chart. However, Neptune is currently transiting my 10th house and has been conjunct my natal Saturn in Pisces for a couple of years. Hopefully, this feeling of vagueness will go away when this transit clears, but it's not a good transit to have when you are in your 'college years'. That's for sure.

Here is a list of famous people with this aspect, don't lose hope: http://astro-charts.com/persons/aspect/Neptune-Opposition-MC/

craft94

http://astrofix.net/2011/10/12/neptuneic-aspects/

This article might also be of interest to you? It just lists a bunch of possible interpretations for this aspect.

I would imagine Neptune conjunct the IC would bring about a very confusing family life. For example, maybe you were adopted and don't know who your real parents are, etc. There are tons of ways this could manifest. If not, maybe you idealize your parents or else, maybe you tend to use your home as a way to escape from the problems that a career brings.

Last edited:

vanessanz

This is a very helpful thread for me! Thanks!

I have stationary Neptune in 12th house in a 1 degree square to Moon / MC.
Neptune is also the apex of a T-square with Mercury
I have Venus, Mercury & Sun in Pisces
Pisces rules my IC
Just to make the energy even more extreme, Neptune is in the degree of the [true] nodes

My life so far has been a perfect Neptunian comedy / tragedy ;)

I would also like to add, that Neptune / Sun tight aspects in my experience have been very closely connected with a passion for music.

Attachments

• astro_245gw_05_juicy_201682_hp.80047.30039.jpg
    astro_245gw_05_juicy_201682_hp.80047.30039.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 25

CapAquaPis

Neptune, ruler of Pisces, both represent musical abilities in astrology, and in my case, Neptune, in its co-ruler Sagittarius-5th on my chart. Also to note, hidden enemies are represented by Neptune and Sagittarius, and Venus and Aries (both in my midheaven). Is there someone in my workplace a potential enemy trying to get me fired, sued or arrested? :annoyed:

ExLibris

I'm glad I came across this thread - thank you!

My Neptune and Uranus make a perfect conjunction with IC at 18 degrees Capricorn. Truly, the opposition to MH brought about a lot of changes in career path, ever since I began high school, actually, because I started with a thought to become a professor in Latin, and then had a VERY sudden change of heart after two years, and pursued general medicine. But not before having studied dentistry for a year, and having developed all sorts of artistic hobbies in the meantime.
People have told me, time and again, that I am incredibly talented, and should pursue a career of a more artistic nature... but I don't know if that's gonna happen, since I am pretty passionate about what I am studying atm, but with the Neptune/IC conjunction, I feel like it might, at least part-time. Especially with the added Uranus influence, all these changes have been sudden, and completely unexpected for everybody around me (by that I mean mostly my parents :lol: ).

craft94

I'm glad I came across this thread - thank you!

My Neptune and Uranus make a perfect conjunction with IC at 18 degrees Capricorn. Truly, the opposition to MH brought about a lot of changes in career path, ever since I began high school, actually, because I started with a thought to become a professor in Latin, and then had a VERY sudden change of heart after two years, and pursued general medicine. But not before having studied dentistry for a year, and having developed all sorts of artistic hobbies in the meantime.
People have told me, time and again, that I am incredibly talented, and should pursue a career of a more artistic nature... but I don't know if that's gonna happen, since I am pretty passionate about what I am studying atm, but with the Neptune/IC conjunction, I feel like it might, at least part-time. Especially with the added Uranus influence, all these changes have been sudden, and completely unexpected for everybody around me (by that I mean mostly my parents :lol: ).

That's actually pretty ironic because most artists get told to pursue a career of a more practical nature like medicine.

ExLibris

Haha, well, I know. They used to tell me that all the time in high school. But as soon as I show somebody a piece of writing, they are urging me down an artistic path. Oh Neptune, is that you? :lol:

aquarius7000

Hi,

Neptune in the fourth is already in opposition to your 10th house of career. Home situation can sometimes pose challenges in settling in your career. It becomes more profound, the closer Neptune is to your IC, which enhances the aspect more. Another thing one should be careful of if Neptune tightly opposes your MC or planets in the 10th house, or the ruler of the 10th house, is that people at your place of work might do things behind your back. I have Nep in my fourth house (religious parents and religious myself) and in a square to Venus, with Venus ruling my 10th house. And, yes, I have faced mobbing at work.

Of course, Neptune opp. MC can mean one is confused about what one wants to make of themselves professionally. It can also mean Neptune kind of careers (arts, photography, spiritual lines, etc.)

ExLibris

Sorry to hear you had that happen to you, aquarius, it can't have been pleasant. :/
Neptune sextiles my 10th ruler, Moon, which is in Scorpio (2nd house). Would that imply that my career choice would end up being satifyingly remunerative?

aquarius7000

...Neptune sextiles my 10th ruler, Moon, which is in Scorpio (2nd house). Would that imply that my career choice would end up being satifyingly remunerative?
Wouldn't be appropriate to answer without seeing the complete chart. You might want to post your chart on a new thread on the natal astrology board.

Nep-Moon trine could mean a spiritual bent, or one towards social service.

vanessanz

Hi CapAquaPisces.....I wouldn't be too flipant about potential hidden enemies at work with those placements. I have something fairly similiar & hidden enemies absolutely destroyed my career....

Cassiopeia

Great thread, thank you, everyone :) I have Neptune-Midheaven opposition. I played all my life with the desire to become a writer... I currently work in the arts and feel very good in a creative environment. I still dream about writing...

I don't think I have any musical talent, but music is the way I relax...

I do bore quite quickly and frequently change workplaces.

Neptune is the third house, Midheaven in Cancer.