Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

I think that sort of intimacy would be reserved for places where people elaborate about their personal lives like on these types of forums, or with clients which wouldn't be shared because of confidentiality.

Maybe you'll find his more objectively verifiable articles on profession and belief more amenable?

david starling

The blog conspiracy theorist linked is interesting because it dives into traditional astrology without accepting it wholesale. Trad astrology seems inseparable from the values of the prevailing social order from the time of development. The blogger gets at some of this in his critiques. Like with Dahmer and his domiciled planets - psychologists have also noted an overlap between personality traits of psychopaths and traits of conventionally successful people. Dahmer would have a totally different reputation if he’d done the same things on assignment, for good pay, from a legal entity.

The most irritating reading I ever got was from a “woke” public astrologer who just used trad concepts in her natal reading. I felt so cheated.

Did you pay money for it? What's "woke" ?

Gemini888

@passiflora what do you think about the day/night rule? Does it add anything to the reading or is it just some outdated concept of the ancient time?

Gemini888

Gem!

I learn by doing, and haven’t “done” enough charts with the rule in mind. There are so many rules it seems most have to memorize them by rote first, then apply. That is hard for stubborn folks ;)
What do you think?
I'm currently writing my thesis, so I did a 12H-style self-exile in order to focus on my work. But gradually I realized that I became too focused on work. That plus the lack of socializing and going outside took a toil on my mental condition (reduced memory, mild depression...) So I decided to stop being too hard on myself and come back here, but I'll strictly stay on the chat thread until I finish the damned thesis.

Anyway I haven't been able to verify the rule either. The ancient astrologers came up with so many convoluted rules it's hard to know where to begin. I do appreciate that the rules make reading more specialized than using modern rules.

I think the problem here is that Trad generally didn't believe one can change their fate written in the chart. The rules could likely be them trying to explain why certain people/things went against what they were supposed to be based on their charts.

Gemini888

Also, I just found out from here that Trad originally didn't take zodiac signs into account, at least not in the "Merc in Sag makes you a seeker of truth in info" kind of way. The signs were just there to determine the strength/intensity of the planets. I wonder when people started making signs specialized.

david starling

In 12/12, the Sun is Regulating-ruler of Scorpio. During the tropical Age of Scorpio, that was Ra, personification of the Sun itself (Helios/Sol in Greco-Roman). When the Regulating-ruler of a Sign is in the Sign it regulates, it imparts a Sense of Direction. Good transit to focus on what's emotionally important in your life.

Gemini888

In school I had romantic dreams of isolation in a novelistic garret apartment but turns out thesis seclusion isn’t really all that fun.

What’s your thesis topic?
Maybe it would be better if I wrote a novel instead of a thesis :sideways: But I have to admit that too much seclusion isn't good for me :whistling:

I'm writing about language patterns in an autistic man. I just have to go through his conversations and find out strange patterns compared to normal speech. It has been a crazy ride so far.

Gemini888

Transiting Mars/Saturn square, advantage Domicled Saturn over Mars, which has little authority in Libra, opposite of its own Domicile-sign.
SHIELDS UP!
Cap is going to win. But if I'm being optimistic, they are actually doing a mutual reception right there, with the planets exchanging exalted signs for each other. Or does it count in 12/12?

david starling

Cap is going to win. But if I'm being optimistic, they are actually doing a mutual reception right there, with the planets exchanging exalted signs for each other. Or does it count in 12/12?

Hadn't thought of mutual reception using Exalted placements. I've always seen it as Domicles, but I like the idea. How would you say the Square affects it? I could use Exalted for mutual reception in 12/12, although not in this case, since Mars is Exalted in Scorpio.