Child care or School service??

Abby83

Hi everyone,

I am thinking about entering the workforce again in 2 years time. I am contemplating between two options but cant make a decision. I love children, and helping them to develop, so I thought about starting out at a day care centre. Although im not too sure but I think it may be quite physically demanding for me. Who knows. As much as I love children im not sure if it will be worthwhile.

The second option is to work as a school service officer. I would ideally love to have this job so I can interact with teachers as well as students and hopefully be of great help. Im inexperienced in the area but still hope I will be able to get a foot in the door. Somehow I don't see study on the cards unless it's a real short course.

So is there any sign in my chart to indicate which one would be better for me and if it shows in the progressed chart. I know my chart is very positive for interacting with children and valuing them. I know that 5th house ruler is in 2nd house of money. But what about working in the school? Id say that's a 3rd house matter which is in the 12th house, so that could be a no for the school. But then the school has kids so again I see both as a positive opportunity.

My progressed sun (natal 10th house ruler) will enter the 1st house in 4 years. It will enter the sign of sag around 6 years after that.
Progressed 10th house cusp ruler is mercury, in scorpio, in the progressed 12th house (natal 1st house and will enter sag soon.

Actually.... now that I look closer in the progressed chart for 2019 I can see 10th house ruler applies to 6th house ruler and 3rd house ruler. I see this as career in the school. Can anyone else confirm this?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_03_n_41611_3050.jpg
    astro_2gw_03_n_41611_3050.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

ukdesifem

TN in 7th and Gemini, and Leo MC, Venus in 11th, I can see socially based work.

Possibly teaching, but I think some area to express yourself (Uranus 1st and near Ascendant). It could even be acting or the performing arts, which is social/people based.

Abby83

Thank you ukdesifm. That would all be good. I just feel there's not too much room for a long study so an assistant to a teacher, even if arts or psychology based would be fine with me :). I mean when I grew up I excelled in that area. But I still don't mind helping out with other subjects too, except IT/web design.

ukdesifem

Thank you ukdesifm. That would all be good. I just feel there's not too much room for a long study so an assistant to a teacher, even if arts or psychology based would be fine with me :). I mean when I grew up I excelled in that area. But I still don't mind helping out with other subjects too, except IT/web design.

you're welcome. :)

Claire19

I am seeing the school based job.
Sun, Sat, Pluto in 12 house.
Power, rules, large institutions.
Looks like School Service Officer fits that description.

I am feeling more working with the disadvantaged and underprivileged children with the 12th house emphasis. I think that being involved with institutions, those who are in some kind of reform situation or need discipline and rehabilitation....

Abby83

I am feeling more working with the disadvantaged and underprivileged children with the 12th house emphasis. I think that being involved with institutions, those who are in some kind of reform situation or need discipline and rehabilitation....

Claire19, that would be ideal. I really hope that somehow, with my background and my experience of where I am at as a mother that I can get in the system and be a part of working with children to help them develop, no matter how delayed or disadvantaged their progress is. Unlike my mother, I can handle being around kids who have some kind of difficulty or obstruction which may appear traumatic. I actually feel more grateful in life when I'm around ppl like this and can help them in some way.

Atm my son attends speech therapy and occupational therapy at the hospital and seeing the drastic improvement and relief from just a few weeks is mind blowing. It's so powerful. When you see the kids in there from start to finish... It's amazing what they do. The staff are indeed skilful and strong.

Thank you very much.

Last edited: