Has anyone with Uranus in 7th have a long term relationship?

Aries_light

Seems like this aspect means breaking free from tradition. Is is possible to have a long term relationship with this aspect? Uranus in 7th house libra

The_Saturnian

Seems like this aspect means breaking free from tradition. Is is possible to have a long term relationship with this aspect? Uranus in 7th house libra

I had it conjunct moon (Very tightly) WSH wise. I've never personally had a long term relationship, but I'm sure people with this placement have definitely been in one and are probably married. Look to progressions and midpoint transits - they'll reveal a lot more.

dhundhun

I know many people. Culture is important factor. 8-10% population has Uranus in 7th. I have seen many Indian people with Uranus in 7th with stable marriages.

Vista

I think this aspect is harder to handle for men than women for some reason. Freedom within relationships and non traditional relationships are important. Typically, it points to divorce at the very least. My friend has this and she was married 8 years the first time and with him a total of 12 years, the second husband she dated 6 years and married for 2 years now. I think the aspects it makes are important.

Aries_light

I also notice that Uranus in 7th gives focus on wanting a relationship, looking for that ideal, but people tend to have little patient with the relationship if it doesn't turn they way it was expected. It is like the "I want you, now leave me alone" syndrome. Inter independent relationships may work here.
I am one of those, I yearn for a relationship and the romance and the unity to do something together, but please do not tell me I have to change my hair, loose weight, or worship your religion because I will run as fast as I can. For me is to find someone where we can both find a common cause to fight together but knowing that who we are is not negotiable. Take me as I am or watch me leave... But Freedom for me is Not to have several partners at once at all is to be myself within the relationship.

Flapjacks

I don't think the duration of a relationship is dependent on Uranus being in the 7th exclusively. It could mean that partnerships are unusual in other ways. It's also important to know the prominence of Uranus, the ruler of the 7th, other planets in the 7th, how the ruler and those planets aspect other points/planets, and so on.

I have this placement, and I agree that my love relationships work better when we have a common "cause" that is bigger than ourselves, and we both give a lot of personal freedom (enough that people raise eyebrows at me about it).

Last edited:

Erickaf

Yes my close friend, she is 39 years old and been with her partner since 1994. They married in 2010 and have a baby. Always been a stable relationship.:happy:

anjelik

My fiance has Uranus in the 7th house in Libra. He dated someone for 9 years before me (they were broken up 2 yrs before we met) and he had a serious girlfriend in high school for a few years.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
It really depends on the power of Uranus and the friction of Uranus, and the power and friction of the 7th house, as well as a number of other factors. And the synastry of potential marriage partners with the 7th house and with Uranus is involved.

Its not as simple as just looking at you own chart with a planet placement or not placement in a house. IMO, that simple computer astrology

JUPITERASC

I know many people.
Culture is important factor.

8-10% population has Uranus in 7th.

I have seen many Indian people with Uranus in 7th with stable marriages.
Yes my close friend,
she is 39 years old
and been with her partner since 1994.
They married in 2010 and have a baby.
Always been a stable relationship.
:happy:
My fiance has Uranus in the 7th house.

He dated someone for 9 years before me
(they were broken up 2 yrs before we met)
and
he had a serious girlfriend in high school for a few years
Clearly then, other factors are important :smile:
for example
the ruler of the 7th house
and
the sign and house location of 7th house ruler

Zarathu

Account Closed
...... but the guy I am currently seeing we have a yod in the composite pointing at uranus in the 7th house so would you be able to interpret what this yod would mean as a whole rather than just the uranus being in the 7th house?

I don't do composite charts..... Sorry.

Zarathu

Account Closed
However... I don't use composites because synastry is way way way more enlightening. But for that one needs the birth data of both parties, and since I use my own software, the pretty pictures posted do nothing for me.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Hey Zarathu,

I understand that you cant just tell what the relationship is like from uranus being in the 7th house and Im not to sure if you look at the chart patterns etc, I am only just learning bits and pieces thats why Im asking but the guy I am currently seeing we have a yod in the composite pointing at uranus in the 7th house so would you be able to interpret what this yod would mean as a whole rather than just the uranus being in the 7th house?
Like I've read a little bit about the yods on google etc but Im still not to sure how to interpret them and because its directed at the 7th house not sure what it would mean, from what I have read the two planets at the base of the yod (sextile) the energy is pushed into the planet where the two quincunx's meet to form the triangle but not to sure being uranus in the 7th house what does it actually mean?
Then having vesta conjunct the north node in the composite 8th house and in synastry we also have vesta conjunct north node double whammy so I know vesta is devotion but then with the uranus yod thrown into the mix Im not to sure like maybe it is some different kind of devotion or something
:andy: haha I have no idea :andy:

Thank you in advance for your time :)

Since you are not the OP, and have sort of hijacked the thread, and since we are not any longer talking about a composite chart, did you have a question about this relationship?

And if so, then I would suggest that you delete your two posts to me about your charts in this thread, and start a new thread that would be just about you and your concerns, with the chart data and the question(s).

Zarathu

Account Closed
Thats ok I will just leave it sorry I didn't realize, I wanted to understand the composite yod pointing to uranus in the 7th house which is why I opened this thread

You didn't open this thread. Aries_Light opened the thread with: "Seems like this aspect means breaking free from tradition. Is is possible to have a long term relationship with this aspect? Uranus in 7th house libra?"

You just took over the thread with your own charts AND COMPOSITE questions.

BUT YOU CAN OPEN YOUR OWN THREAD.

Got to the top where is say "Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology" Click on Relational Astrology. Then click on the upper left where it says "NEW THREAD"

START YOUR OWN THREAD. and do that there. It not good forum etiquette to take over other people's roads when you can actually have your own road just for you.

Last edited:

scorpiomoon

Current significant other of two years has Uranus in his 7'th house- Leo. He has been married (and divorced) twice and has had numerous short and long(er) term relationships over the years. (He is 57) The longest was with his second wife. They had lasted 10 years. I think it is more than just this placement alone that determines whether a person can (or can't as the case may be) maintain a solid long term relationship. I also think that it can contribute to the need to change periodically and be "free" of any restrictions that may be imposed during the course of a long term relationship.

Osamenor

Staff member
Seventh house placements tend to indicate the traits you're inclined to seek in a partner and/or your general approach to relationships. Uranus in the seventh house might mean you tend to be attracted to people with Uranian qualities--that is, rebellious types, nonconformists, people who couldn't lead a conventional lifestyle if they tried--or it could mean that you yourself have an unconventional approach to relationships, or it could mean both of those things.

None of that necessarily excludes marriage. But it probably means that you would take an unconventional approach to marriage, or that you would need to marry someone who has those quirky and non-conformist Uranian traits, or both. (If you're talking about longterm relationships that don't necessarily include a legal marriage, of course the same applies.)

And while the seventh house is the house of relationships, its definition of relationships isn't limited to romantic relationships. It also indicates the kinds of people you draw into your life in general--friends, business partners, anyone who makes a significant impact on your life through some sort of partnership with you.

Since Libra is in your seventh house, you're also likely to be attracted to people with strong Libran traits. With Libra and Uranus combined, maybe you really like rebel artist types, or social activist types (justice and changing how things are done), or really, any personality that combines out-of-the-box thinking with a desire to create beauty, balance, justice, or anything else Libran. And again, those people could be potential romantic partners, or they could be anyone who plays a significant role in your life by forming some sort of partnership with you.

SidKarma

Banned
In the composite chart (Relationship chart) if Uranus is tightly conjunct the Composite Ascendant/Sun/Moon and in the natal chart of the individual if Uranus is close to the angles, only then it has the potential to be highly destructive in relationships.

acaan

I have that as well as pluto though, and have been married for almost 18 years! So atleast for me it doesn't pose a problem. I do need space though or I star to feel clausterphobic after a while.