Its TIME TO RETIRE the "big hair" stereotype of LEO

Bunraku

I noticed a lot of these books were written back in the day, like in the 70s or 80s, so it describes a lot of outdated fashion trends and styles that don’t even apply to today. And I think it’s people from those era who like to say it, or someone who’s read an astro-book from that era or a person from that era to perpetuate it.

How many people do you know walking around with permed and teased hair with gallons of hairspray without it looking like it was from a glamour shot from the 80s. Everyone literally dressed like that.

Like people have long hair oooh shocking!

Bunraku

This is how I picture the people who type the big hair thing behind their monitors:

7f415929ab7ba23c62a57cdd8696beb7.jpg

hair-ideas-2015-10-80s-hair-whitney-houston.jpg

MoonlightSonata

I think the "Leo equals big hair" stereotype is more about the amount of hair Leo ascendants and suns tend to have in general - unless time/Saturn runs its cruel fingers through it.

I'm a rising Leo, and I was a proud member of the big hair club in the late 80s and early 90s.

And while I don't tease my hair to the nth degree anymore, I really don't have to because I have thick hair that turns into a lot of thick hair if I just let it do its own thing.

Last edited:

david starling

I noticed a lot of these books were written back in the day, like in the 70s or 80s, so it describes a lot of outdated fashion trends and styles that don’t even apply to today. And I think it’s people from those era who like to say it, or someone who’s read an astro-book from that era or a person from that era to perpetuate it.

How many people do you know walking around with permed and teased hair with gallons of hairspray without it looking like it was from a glamour shot from the 80s. Everyone literally dressed like that.

It's because of the "Lion's Mane" regarding the Sign's avatar.

Bunraku

It's because of the "Lion's Mane" regarding the Sign's avatar.

Are you aware of the sexual dimorphism of lions?

That’s like saying Leo people have large fangs and are carnivores. If we take it literally then Leo Males have long mullets (another outdated hairstyle), and the females are bald or unimpressive. :lol:

Last edited:

Bunraku

I think the "Leo equals big hair" stereotype is more about the amount of hair Leo ascendants and suns tend to have in general - unless time/Saturn runs its cruel fingers through it.

I'm a rising Leo, and I was a proud member of the big hair club in the late 80s and early 90s.

And while I don't tease my hair to the nth degree anymore, I really don't have to because I have thick hair that turns into a lot of thick hair if I just let it do its own thing.
Unfortunately a lot of things that look good causes a lot of hair damage. Your hair is profusely thanking you :)

david starling

Are you aware of the sexual dimorphism of lions?

That’s like saying Leo people have large fangs and are carnivores. If we take it literally then Leo Males have long mullets (another outdated hairstyle), and the females are bald or unimpressive. :lol:

Virgo is a "maiden".

Aries and Taurus have male avatars.

Don't take it literally, when it comes to gender.

What other animal has as impressive a head of hair as a male lion?

JUPITERASC

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121676

Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part I - Zodiac​
The zodiac completes a sidereal cycle in 23.93446 hours.

The IMAGE OF THE LION is masculine, diurnal, solid, terrestrial, quadrupedal, feral, royal, vocal.
Depending on the placement of the houseruler
men born under the influence of Leo are large, distinguished

independent, reliable, just,

with smooth, small ears

because the Lion rarely listens to the talk of others :smile:

haters of evil, beneficent and inflated with lofty thoughts.

Domicile of Sun

Such, then, are the observations of the effects of the stars
as made by our predecessors.
Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae: accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri. Retrieved from
https://archive.org/details/maximietammonisc00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos. William Heinmann, London. Retrieved from
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages. Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

david starling

Sounds like you’re taking it literally? :lol:

Well, a male lion is the premier big hair avatar. And that avatar is the stereotype for the Sign known as "LEO".

Do you want to change the avatar for the Fixed-Fire sign to one that DOESN'T have big hair? If so, what avatar do you think would be most appropriate?

Bunraku

Modernized images:

Aries = Feminists (butch haircuts)
Taurus = Fat pride activists (French fries)
Gemini = Internet trolls (pink lipgloss)

Cancer = Nicki Minaj (big butt)
Leo = Reality TV (Oxygen TV network)
Virgo = Emotional labor (50s misogynistic illustration of an angry wife)

david starling

Do you think Donald trump has big hair?
I don’t. It’s thinning due to old age. But it’s just about average.

Pictures of him when he was younger shows him as average.

Obama had big hair or what? He had none.

Donald had Dennis the Menace hair when he was a kid. Full, but not "big".

Except, Dennis had Ruff, his shaggy dog, and Donald apparently wasn't allowed a pet. :sad: