What do you think would be a good career for me ?

Cecile

Good morning, Dandelion.
I'm doing this on the spur of the moment, but in my opinion you could exceed in some area requiring higher learning with Sun in 9th and the natural ruler of 9th, Jupiter, in 10th of Career. Your natal 9th is ruled by Mars which is in your 4th of domestic and patriotic concerns. You are capable of make expedient or snap decisions, which could make you a good manager/decision maker or trigger happy - lol. Saturn in 10th indicates a serious/practical approach toward career/business and staying power. Jupiter in 10th suggests higher learning (all the -ology pursuits, foreign languages, law). Ninth house of higher learning includes your Sun/self expression and Mercury/mental acumen. Both are in Taurus which adds the element of practicality. Your levelheadedness is challenged by a T-square formed by Uranus, Mercury/Sun and Moon. Sun and Mercury may be the stabilizing factor here. Your work or your approach to responsibilities is unique and possibly unorthodox which could set you apart in the right career or ostracize you in the wrong career. Your creativity will need to find an outlet in whatever field you pursue. Creativity takes all forms from art to writing dissertations to how you handle a situation. You have a great capacity to help others with 6th House Neptune. Moon in 12th suggests involvement with the unseen - institutions of all kinds, occult, etc. With your 4th house emphasized as it is with Pluto and Mercury, ruler of your Asc. you could find a calling that focuses on the home or patriotism. In short, I think you need to aim high, get a good education, find your passion and follow it.

My 2 cents.

Dandelion

Cecile, thank you so much for your time and insights. Your words reaffirmed my slowly emerging belief that I am on the wrong path and made me confident that I have what is needed to do something in the fields that have long interested me : psychology and perhaps a bit of philosophy (would you associate philosophy with Jupiter in 10th ?). I have been hesitating for so long to drop my current studies or to instead persevere to try and get SOMETHING out of them, no matter how long it takes (I have failed more than once, but still persisted, maybe from fear of being confronted to disappointment when attempting different studies followed by regret for leaving my current studies). Now I feel, more than ever, that I should take the leap and explore what I've always wanted to explore but never dared to. Thank you once again. Just a little detail : am I wrong to think you mistook Mars for Mercury in my fourth ? And if "Your work or your approach to responsibilities is unique and possibly unorthodox which could set you apart in the right career or ostracize you in the wrong career." was in regard to that Uranus-Mercury/Sun-Moon T-square, is the reason you think that because Uranus sits in 6th ?

Cecile

Good evening Dandelion. That's definitely Mars in your 4th house. Mars, the warrior planet full of energy and drive, rules Aries which is on the cusp of your 9th house of higher learning (-ology, foreign interest, law, etc.) Is there a field of psychology or philosophy that connects to domestic affairs, the home or patriotism. If so, that could be your niche. You do not have any planets in your 7th, the house of one-on-one relationships, which is why I had not mentioned you pursue being a psychologist; however the ruler of your 7th house of Pisces is Neptune and it's in your 6th house of work, duty and responsibility and health. I recommend you consult with your dean or a career advisor now to determine what career paths are open to someone with a psych degree or a degree in philosophy. I believe you will need to earn at least a master's degree to be able to pursue a career in which you use psychology or philosophy. Law school is a possibility for you but so is an MBA. Philosophy would serve you well as a lawyer and psychology would serve you well as a manager. Jupiter is the natural ruler of the 9th house of all higher learning (-ology, law, foreign interests, etc.) and with Jupiter in your 10th house of career you are well suited for these career fields including philosophy. Saturn is in its element in the 10th House and conjunct your Mid Heaven. The ruler of the natural 10th house is Capricorn, and it's ruler is Saturn. The last degree of Taurus is on the cusp of your 10th house of Career which gives you determination, but being the last degree of Taurus means that Gemini will have a great influence in your career. This gives you the ability to think rationally and clearly and verbalize your ideas succinctly. I imagine you would do well in a debate. The ruler of Gemini in your house of Career is Mercury which is in your 9th house (higher learning - ology, etc) which further ties this field of higher learning into a career path for you. Furthermore, Mercury is the ruler of your Virgo Asc. which contributes the ability to be detail oriented, a skill that you will need to succeed as a professional. Uranus in the 6th house does give you a unique approach to work or demands the work you do is out of the ordinary. If you're forced into a job you hate you're performance will be perceived as subpar or unorthodox. It's not that you're incapable of doing the work but more likely that you're far better than the job and your bucking the system. In the right field you'll do well. With Neptune in the 6th house of work, responsibility and health and with Moon in the 12th House there is a possibility you could find work in a hospital setting but not as a medical professional but more as a case worker for which you probably need classes in psychology. This may require graduate studies. Moon is the ruler of Cancer, and Cancer is on cusp of your 11th House which suggests working in a social environment or community or as a team member. You could find work as a case worker at a hospital or a counselor at a prison or an advisor at university. Wow. I just noticed I missed your 2nd T-Square with Saturn at the apex but the same opposition between Uranus and Moon. The apex planet is what keeps the balance between the two opposing planets. Saturn is definitely going to hold you in check and so will the Sun and Mercury which form the other apex. The Moon concerns, among other things, emotions especially ones you dredge up by reflecting on matters. When Emotions are taunted by eccentric Uranus you could appear irrational. On the other hand you could have a stroke of genius others haven't caught onto yet. Just be mindful of this. One's earning capacity, 2nd house matters, originate with the 12th house energy. The moon in your 12th house suggests there is or will be an element of nurturing involved in your work. You have a need to help heal people. The 2nd house is your innate talents and resources. With Virgo on the cusp, your innate talent is in the care you give to the work you do, the environment and to health. Libra fills most of your 2nd house which gives you a talent for one on one relationships whether legal, casual or professional. The ruler, Venus, is also the ruler of Taurus which rules your Sun. Venus is in your 8th house of birth and death and financial gifts, and it is nicely aspected to Neptune and Saturn. I'm getting more a hospital setting than a law office setting for you, but I wouldn't rule out a college setting or a prison setting, although this last is the least likely. The element of home, domestic affairs and patriotism as represented by your 4th House Pluto and Mercury which both trine your 12th House Moon. This could lead to working with veterans as a case worker or psychologist. The 4th House Pluto opposite 4th House Jupiter seems to support this. Pluto in 4th must give you a deep perception and appreciation of 4th House matters. Unless you choose to pursue law or academia, I'm not sure how well a degree in philosophy will serve you in the real world, but a class or two may enrich your pursuits. With Gemini in your 10Th House, writing will be a component of your career. Talk to a career counselor or advisor in the Psych Department about career paths and requisite courses and if you should pursue graduate school. In summation, I can see you helping veterans deal with psychological issues.