Birth chart of Jesus?

piercethevale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHY3L4j5uTQ

Happy Birthday PiercetheVale

This is a song from Jeff Becks 2017 CD....Loud Hailer...I really like the whole cd.......he joined forces with Bones UK.....a band of Rosie bones and I can't remember her bassist's name....another woman......I hope you enjoy them.....

This is Bones UK without Jeff Beck......happy birthday.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g50cXs4bml4&list=RDgmygm_3gHpE&index=5

Another woman bassist? He's not playing with Tai anymore?
She is good and they did make some ...pardon the cliche... beautiful music together.
My father played bass in his and his brothers' band. He also played wonderfully on a Chromatic Harmonica

I kept the birthday festivities to a minimum. I bought a bottle of good bourbon and had a few with an old friend that lives down the street. A musician himself, but not professionally. His great uncle, however, was the legendary jazz composer, arranger, conductor and trombonist, William Russo.

My room mate of seven years, [whom moved out in December but may move back in as Tennessee wasn't what He hoped], Rick, whom I've known 27 years, was the soundman for a nearby blues club for ten years until it closed...it was a fav haunt of mine when it was. My friend Malakye, that I identify as Mitch in my book, has a sister that married the Grateful Deads' soundmans' son, one of the Healy's. I bought one of Bob Weir's electric guitars through one of her sons Through Rick I know a number of professional musicians and one of them, Randy Forrester does my taxes every year as he is every bit as good with the keys on a calculator as he is with the keys on a piano. He's played with Elvin Bishop and Eddie Money. Donny Baldwin pops around once in a great while. He and Randy, the late Daddy Ray and a couple of other guys were the house band for that blues club that closed.

My cousin Alan Craig has a band in Florida, The Alan Craig Project, and is pretty doggone good. He's put out something like six or seven CDs... if radio hadn't died when it did He might have gotten some degree of renown outside of Florida... the music biz sure ain't what it used to be.

Rick and I are both good friends with Mick Martin, author, music and movie critic, and Blues historian and chronicler, whom has a syndicated radio program of Blues on the Public Broadcasting network that airs every Saturday and has his own band, in which He plays the harp and sings, that features Tim Barnes [Stoneground] on guitar and Harvey Mandel is also playing with them again...

I've lived next door to Bob, The Bear, Hite, [Canned Heat] Mike McDonald, [The Doobie Brothers] and have had three downstairs neighbors the last 12 years that were all professional musicians but little known...yet very accomplished. I've had to listen to them all practice whatever instrument it is that made their 'Bread and Butter".

So, you might say that I do enjoy music and I do appreciate it when someone "turns me on' to something fresh and good.
Got to have music in my day....sometimes all day.

There isn't a genre of music I don't like.... although I never was too fond of Heavy Metal, Punk Rock or Polka
I'll even listen to a bit of "Rap" on a rare occasion...

Thanks for the "turn on" I'll definitely give it a listen.

P.S. I don't know if you noticed in my post above I wrote that I managed to get the photos of the Sprites posted again...don't know why they weren't showing up in the post as the link was still embedded in the text.
The Image Hosting situation is always a challenge around here...so it seems....
I didn't bother to replace all those that were just of the sunset and sky though. I might as well delete those posts too.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I think he still plays with Tai, but he can play with anyone he wants.....I have the cd.....and you can feel how much fun he had in the making......I do love his guitar work......

I too enjoy many genres of music. I know a lot of musicians, most did not make the big time.......although a friend of ours introduced us to his son in law......he is now the lead guitarist for Asia.....Sam Coulson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3H_2QBka8U

Really sweet guitar.....very nice person.......

I love blues.....rock....punk.....zydeco......world......some rap......jazz.....whatever sounds pleasing to me......:whistling:

We listen to music everyday. Have a kick *** stereo.....and more cds than some of the stores I have been in.....don't have a tv.......listen to music, in the truck and at home.......

My husband plays guitar, but he hasn't played much since his heart attack......I play very badly:biggrin:......

I know some of the guys you mention......living in Calfornia......is a little more cultured musically than living in the places I have......:wink:

My Dad liked Bourbon......I didn't know there was a good one......I prefer Scotch or champagne.......but, I don't drink much.....

Have a good night....Opal

piercethevale

Presently as Neptune is in the 19th degree of Pisces, where Yeshu'a's natal Part of Fortune is, the Sabian Symbol "THE MASTER INSTRUCTS HIS DISCIPLE", I have to wonder what that means for me as the incomplete, 7 out of 12 points, twelve point matrix, the "path of true discipleship" matrix, in my natal chart was completed by transit again this month. Neptune will go retrograde at 18* Pisces 43' on the 21st of June and will also return to that degree next year.

I have to imagine it will prove itself to be a most interesting period of my life yet to come.

Opal

Premium Member
Presently as Neptune is in the 19th degree of Pisces, where Yeshu'a's natal Part of Fortune is, the Sabian Symbol "THE MASTER INSTRUCTS HIS DISCIPLE", I have to wonder what that means for me as the incomplete, 7 out of 12 points, twelve point matrix, the "path of true discipleship" matrix, in my natal chart was completed by transit again this month. Neptune will go retrograde at 18* Pisces 43' on the 21st of June and will also return to that degree next year.

I have to imagine it will prove itself to be a most interesting period of my life yet to come.

Hi Piercethevale,

The Sabian Symbols are interesting, but, I haven't followed them closely. It sounds like you are looking forward to sharing your thoughts. My IC is in Pisces. 11 degrees. When Neptune was conjunct, my husband had a heart attack and I moved us, he came home to a new place. Surprise entrance to the 4th house :biggrin:........

Was thinking about your question to me the earlier......about second sight.......I said I don't.......in retrospect, I don't call it second sight.....there is just things I know......astrologically I would say it is Jupiter conjunct the Galactic Center.......I see things that can't be proved, in dreams.......that people look at me weird for mentioning......I don't know what it is, I just know.......

It's like inventions, they just come to me.......you know.....poof, bang.....clarity......but, that is Jupiter, Mercury and Uranus all tied together......by tight aspect......

Hope you are well.....Opal

piercethevale

Hi Piercethevale,

The Sabian Symbols are interesting, but, I haven't followed them closely. It sounds like you are looking forward to sharing your thoughts. My IC is in Pisces. 11 degrees. When Neptune was conjunct, my husband had a heart attack and I moved us, he came home to a new place. Surprise entrance to the 4th house :biggrin:........

Was thinking about your question to me the earlier......about second sight.......I said I don't.......in retrospect, I don't call it second sight.....there is just things I know......astrologically I would say it is Jupiter conjunct the Galactic Center.......I see things that can't be proved, in dreams.......that people look at me weird for mentioning......I don't know what it is, I just know.......

It's like inventions, they just come to me.......you know.....poof, bang.....clarity......but, that is Jupiter, Mercury and Uranus all tied together......by tight aspect......

Hope you are well.....Opal

The symbols are so varied in description that it is a testimonial to the genius and vision of the man who saw they are a process of transformation in proper sequential order, the late Dane Rudhyar.
Despite the fact I've been studying them some nearly 35 years now I still, on occasion, am perplexed how one particular symbol, so different in its imagery, could precede or follow another and yet each symbols serves in both roles...as there are two process, one in each direction, one immersing an individual more into Maya, the illusion, and the other freeing one of it.

When I read Danes explanation of the symbolism in the imagery and his interpretation of it, however, it does make sense to me...and, as far as I know, I'm the first to have noticed that it does work in both directions...other than Dane, as he inferred that it does numerous times in his writings about the Sabian Symbols. Perhaps it would be a more accurate thing for me to say that I was the first to have "caught on"... or at least to so publicly state as much?

I sometimes get the impression that Dane would have liked to have had more time to study them before He published his book , much as like Lao Tze whom, is reputed to have, said that He wished he "had two lifetimes to study the I Ching".

All I can offer as advice is to keep using them as that is the best means I know of as how to come to believe in them and progressively understand them individually and in context to the entire set.

I wrote my book in 2007 and the publisher finally manged to actually get it into print about three to four months after I submitted it to him and I found it most symbolic in that the date of the first printing was on a March 3rd, as the number 33 is the esoteric number for Yeshu'a/Jesus, the man... which I believe is from a source that is the Gnostic Christians of the first century A.D. [or C.E. for those that prefer]. It was about two and a half months later that the incomplete 12 point matrix found on my birth chart was completed by transiting influences and as I realized of August of that year that the publisher wasn't making any effort to promote the book and seemed destined to languish in obscurity I came to a conclusion that I had to go online and seek out means to make people, especially fellow astrologers, aware of it. I even got a list of names with email addresses for every astrologer attending the annual astrologers convention that year, of those that had email addresses and sent an announcement to everyone of them and yet, as I seem to recall, I only received two or three emails in reply and one was rather very sarcastic.

I was very new to the internet experience at the time...I only got my first computer in late 2006 and hadn't really spent much time online outside of using astrodienst's website to make charts but I soon and when I finally realized that astrodienst had a forum for astrologers I joined and began writing there. I had difficulty getting my posts online after a few weeks there, never could figure out what was causing them to not be posted until I had made numerous efforts to do so and so I naively took another members advice that i create a second indentity at that forum as for a "backup" when difficulty arose. I hadn't read all the rules of the forum foolishly thinking there were just matters of decorum and conduct so I did create a second identity and promptly got myself banned for life. Despite my plea for leniency and explanation of what happened I was flatly refused for readmission.
Astrodienst's subsequent altering of the data that corresponds with the birth date of Yeshu'a gives me reason enough to believe I know why I was so adamantly refused and in fact I may have even been "set up"?

So from there I went to the M.S.N. sponsored forum for astrologers and M.S.N. discontinued that forum after I was posting there for about three months time. You may notice that while I did join this forum in October of 2007 I only made one post, an announcement about such a chart being produced and that a book would be forthcoming shortly as it was at that time that I had just completed the writing of it... although it took me another two months to edit it...and yet it still was a terrible job of both writing and the editing and as the editing process was mostly consumed with correcting spelling and grammatical errors I had little time to actually re-write portions of it that I now wish had been. Had I not been such a poor student in the subject of English at school I would have had a great deal more of that time to address the writing content itself.

then I tried to write at skyscript but pretty much got the boot from Deborah Houlding, whom is the admin. and owner of that website...and she is a hardcore "traditionalist" with little tolerance for any other viewpoint that stems from post 17th century progress in astrological techniques and knowledge and astronomical discoveries and findings. It's understandable as she and most of her forums' members being professional astrologers that employ those antiquated beliefs and their many erroneous techniques would likely lose a great percentage of their clientele if they did admit any such thing as having been wrong in the past. ...but it's not excusable.

You may notice that it was in December of 2008 that I began posting here at astrology weeklys' forum and have continued to do so ever since. I deleted a great many threads of which I was the sole contributor as I believed for a time I would be leaving this forum for other activities elsewhere. thus the number of posts given to my credit presently don't really give indication of how much I have actually spent of my time and effort writing here.

That...is what I believe that completion of the matrix in my chart, the one so called as "the path of discipleship", has amounted to.

The one thing I am most convinced of that I have learned from the experience and thus what to expect next is, 'to not expect anything and yet be ready for it as well".

As I learned from meeting my friend, and fellow yogi, Suryakant, in 2003 when He loaned me a his copy of the book written by the late Swami Sivananda,of the Japa Order of Yoga of India as for the most wise one had written about my rather rare and peculiar path being one that is a polarity, in a sense, of all other paths that I've ever been knowledgeable even to this date that I am not to become a renunciate, definitely not that I renounce the mundane world and isolate myself from it, but rather remain immersed in it and fully engage with it. He also wrote that the chakras are to be worked upon, as to mastering them or at least being able to control them, in the reverse order, that is to say from the crown chakra downwards. I thought about that again not too many months ago and scoffed at the idea of it as I haven't made any such effort, although I have worked with [or on] a few over the many years since I first attempted meditation using yogic technique and had success doing so which validated, for me, not only their existence but that they could be activated, but in reverse? I actually chuckled out loud ...and then it dawned on me, as I contemplated on it, that the charkas have been doing that very process without my having noticed...one by one is succession and in the reverse order from the crown on down

It was a most humbling realization.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I just tried to answer you it wouldn’t submit, and now my keyboard won’t work .........

What books do yo recommend of Danes, and what books on Sabian Symbols?

Is your book available?

I have never meditated, I am not good at relaxing, I am too aware of my surroundings.......always......

Opal

Premium Member
I had to restart my computer to unfreeze the keyboard.....

The symbols are so varied in description that it is a testimonial to the genius and vision of the man who saw they are a process of transformation in proper sequential order, the late Dane Rudhyar.
Despite the fact I've been studying them some nearly 35 years now I still, on occasion, am perplexed how one particular symbol, so different in its imagery, could precede or follow another and yet each symbols serves in both roles...as there are two process, one in each direction, one immersing an individual more into Maya, the illusion, and the other freeing one of it.

I find it interesting that you see the two directions, as with all of the occult arts? the positive and the negative are there......astrology, tarot, numerology.....positive/negative permeates the system......battery operated......it would seem that the universe and all things in it are battery/energy operated.....the sign alternate, alternating current.......

When I read Danes explanation of the symbolism in the imagery and his interpretation of it, however, it does make sense to me...and, as far as I know, I'm the first to have noticed that it does work in both directions...other than Dane, as he inferred that it does numerous times in his writings about the Sabian Symbols. Perhaps it would be a more accurate thing for me to say that I was the first to have "caught on"... or at least to so publicly state as much?

What are your favorite of Danes writings/books?

I sometimes get the impression that Dane would have liked to have had more time to study them before He published his book , much as like Lao Tze whom, is reputed to have, said that He wished he "had two lifetimes to study the I Ching".

I am not sure that 2 would be enough :happy: do you believe, that we are born to our next lifetime to further what we have managed in the last lifetimes? Do you believe that we are punished for mismanagement of our gifts of past lifetimes?

All I can offer as advice is to keep using them as that is the best means I know of as how to come to believe in them and progressively understand them individually and in context to the entire set.

I do own "New Mansions for New Men" and "The Astrological Houses" by Rudhyar. Do you recommend one over the other.....or just read them both.......:sideways:

I wrote my book in 2007 and the publisher finally manged to actually get it into print about three to four months after I submitted it to him and I found it most symbolic in that the date of the first printing was on a March 3rd, as the number 33 is the esoteric number for Yeshu'a/Jesus, the man... which I believe is from a source that is the Gnostic Christians of the first century A.D. [or C.E. for those that prefer]. It was about two and a half months later that the incomplete 12 point matrix found on my birth chart was completed by transiting influences and as I realized of August of that year that the publisher wasn't making any effort to promote the book and seemed destined to languish in obscurity I came to a conclusion that I had to go online and seek out means to make people, especially fellow astrologers, aware of it. I even got a list of names with email addresses for every astrologer attending the annual astrologers convention that year, of those that had email addresses and sent an announcement to everyone of them and yet, as I seem to recall, I only received two or three emails in reply and one was rather very sarcastic.

Is it available?

I was very new to the internet experience at the time...I only got my first computer in late 2006 and hadn't really spent much time online outside of using astrodienst's website to make charts but I soon and when I finally realized that astrodienst had a forum for astrologers I joined and began writing there. I had difficulty getting my posts online after a few weeks there, never could figure out what was causing them to not be posted until I had made numerous efforts to do so and so I naively took another members advice that i create a second indentity at that forum as for a "backup" when difficulty arose. I hadn't read all the rules of the forum foolishly thinking there were just matters of decorum and conduct so I did create a second identity and promptly got myself banned for life. Despite my plea for leniency and explanation of what happened I was flatly refused for readmission.
Astrodienst's subsequent altering of the data that corresponds with the birth date of Yeshu'a gives me reason enough to believe I know why I was so adamantly refused and in fact I may have even been "set up"?

I understand.....been there, I believe.....

So from there I went to the M.S.N. sponsored forum for astrologers and M.S.N. discontinued that forum after I was posting there for about three months time. You may notice that while I did join this forum in October of 2007 I only made one post, an announcement about such a chart being produced and that a book would be forthcoming shortly as it was at that time that I had just completed the writing of it... although it took me another two months to edit it...and yet it still was a terrible job of both writing and the editing and as the editing process was mostly consumed with correcting spelling and grammatical errors I had little time to actually re-write portions of it that I now wish had been. Had I not been such a poor student in the subject of English at school I would have had a great deal more of that time to address the writing content itself.

Editing is priceless......for typos, and context.....

then I tried to write at skyscript but pretty much got the boot from Deborah Houlding, whom is the admin. and owner of that website...and she is a hardcore "traditionalist" with little tolerance for any other viewpoint that stems from post 17th century progress in astrological techniques and knowledge and astronomical discoveries and findings. It's understandable as she and most of her forums' members being professional astrologers that employ those antiquated beliefs and their many erroneous techniques would likely lose a great percentage of their clientele if they did admit any such thing as having been wrong in the past. ...but it's not excusable.

Without the basics, we are nowhere, without advancement we are nowhere.......

You may notice that it was in December of 2008 that I began posting here at astrology weeklys' forum and have continued to do so ever since. I deleted a great many threads of which I was the sole contributor as I believed for a time I would be leaving this forum for other activities elsewhere. thus the number of posts given to my credit presently don't really give indication of how much I have actually spent of my time and effort writing here.

I have a thread, that I opened, no answers, but, it is the busy season, getting back there....or anywhere is difficult......winter cometh......

That...is what I believe that completion of the matrix in my chart, the one so called as "the path of discipleship", has amounted to.

The one thing I am most convinced of that I have learned from the experience and thus what to expect next is, 'to not expect anything and yet be ready for it as well".

Good motto!

As I learned from meeting my friend, and fellow yogi, Suryakant, in 2003 when He loaned me a his copy of the book written by the late Swami Sivananda,of the Japa Order of Yoga of India as for the most wise one had written about my rather rare and peculiar path being one that is a polarity, in a sense, of all other paths that I've ever been knowledgeable even to this date that I am not to become a renunciate, definitely not that I renounce the mundane world and isolate myself from it, but rather remain immersed in it and fully engage with it. He also wrote that the chakras are to be worked upon, as to mastering them or at least being able to control them, in the reverse order, that is to say from the crown chakra downwards. I thought about that again not too many months ago and scoffed at the idea of it as I haven't made any such effort, although I have worked with [or on] a few over the many years since I first attempted meditation using yogic technique and had success doing so which validated, for me, not only their existence but that they could be activated, but in reverse? I actually chuckled out loud ...and then it dawned on me, as I contemplated on it, that the charkas have been doing that very process without my having noticed...one by one is succession and in the reverse order from the crown on down

It was a most humbling realization.

I have never delved into meditation and yoga. Well, I have tried to meditate.....but, I am too hypersensitive to my surroundings to allow myself to do anything but control......PTSD.......always wanting to be aware of every movement and sound around......can't get there.......:whistling:

Last edited:

piercethevale

I had to restart my computer to unfreeze the keyboard.....

I have never delved into meditation and yoga. Well, I have tried to meditate.....but, I am too hypersensitive to my surroundings to allow myself to do anything but control......PTSD.......always wanting to be aware of every movement and sound around......can't get there.......:whistling:

What books of Danes do I recommend, what are my favs'?

He's written so much I can't even begin to hope to read all that He has written... and, as I've already mentioned, in a number of post, I haven't a high degree of aptitude for reading comprehension nor the aptitude for. of what I can't remember the exact term but it included the word "verbal", and likely has to do with both reading and writing.
What I'm trying to say without saying it outright..but I have little choice now, I don't read a whole lot, never did. I often have to reread, a number of times, to understand the author, it's why I quite college...too much reading that I couldn't keep up with. But I also got the highest scores possible, at the time and for the particular test that were administered in the early 1960's to school children, which are nowadays more or less denounced for what ever reasons that have been given, in Math , Mechanical reasoning, and spatial reasoning. We were test in those five areas.Other than reading and that verbal thing, I scored in the 98th percentile... I don't think there was a higher possible score, maybe there was, but if there was it had to have been extremely rare for anyone to have achieved it.

I can solve the answers to complex problems of math. I had one of the only two grades of A by midterm in a college level II trigonometry course without my having taken the prerequisite additional year of algebra and the first year of trigonometry but I dropped out because of falling behind in the reading for other courses I was enrolled in that weren't math.

If it has to do with any of the three areas I scored in the 98th percentile in, I can see it, I can solve it, but I can't explain it verbally or write it, not coherently enough to anyones satisfaction, not even to my own for that matter.

Books by Dane, that I recommend? "The Astrology of Personality" comes to mind. It was his first book and the only book on the subject of astrology chosen by the London Times as one of the 100 Greatest Books of the 20th Century, but it was written in the 1930's and may be even somewhat outdated by now, I don't really know because it was so long ago now that I read it. It's may likely be too rudimentary for you and you'd end up feeling it wasn't worth your time... and as you gave indication of your age, being near my own, how much time do we have left to us to spend on stuff we really could use in some other way?

I don't know what to recommend, as for one reason I don't know what you already know, what you might have need of, and I don't know where you want to go with it?

Definitely his book "An Astrological Mandala" but it's out of print and used copies on the internet are being asked for an outrageous sum of money to purchase.

I found his and Leyla Rael's [his 4th and final wife, his widow] book "Astrological Aspects A Process Oriented Approach" to be outstanding but I even have had to re-read it a number of times, in sections, to understand it. Basically it's about understanding that life is an evolutionary process and to not get trapped in a min set that ones' natal chart is an indelible stamp that you are given, but it it also is about what those aptitudes I have in mechanical reasoning and spatial reasoning are perfectly suited for.

I will recommend that you might want to go with his later writings as for what I witnessed Leyla having to put a stop to someone trying to republish a lot of his early writings and presenting them as the "Lost Archives" and being of more original thought and thus more important as she denounced the author online at amazons webpage for that person in which they had given public notice of a book forthcoming on the subject and in her post she stated that the reason they are "lost" is because they were supposed to be as Dane had made a number of reassessments over the years since [from the late 1930's to early 1950's]

Basically, It's all good, just some is better than others.

As to past lifetimes and all else you asked concerning which?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes...

Right now I'm not up to writing anymore. I spent all day yesterday dealing with a six or seven year old thread someone just serendipitously decided to revive, a link in it that had gone bad and was now used in a deceptive manner, my alerting a moderator about it, that moderators reply that was most denigrating, my having to spend the entire morning writing in reply [because I'm not good at writing, that's why it too so long {that's not directed at you Opal}] coming home after a long overdue first meal of the day and having to reply to an astrologer of much accomplishment, recognition, and whom is connected to a publishing house in the hopes I might get a nibble at my revised edition so in need, and she was a close personal friend of the late James Lewis, the one that invented astro- cart- togrphy, which was not an easy task as I didn't want to offend her in any way personally or professionally, not knowing what school of thought she considers herself to be of, and that an old friend in dire need lately of personal and psychological support came over unannounced and ...he's always so hyper and talks incessantly... just walked in the front door while I had dozed off writing and don't let me even come to my senses before He had gone from one subject to another and another.etc. and I had to "throw him out" in the most polite way I could , which wasn't what anyone would call polite at all.

But other than any of that, I'm just fine and how are you today?

...yaknowaddimean?..oh, yeah...no my publisher went under, the book as far as I know isn't available anymore anywhere...maybe a used copy, maybe some unsold...I don't even have a copy of my own anymore. It was terribly written anyways and I gave all of the information that is in it here in this forum at one time or another ...which is why I never made a dime out of it...except for the one personal copy I had as an extra that I sold to a most gracious woman I met on a week jaunt to Mendocino years ago, that owned a shop in that town and insisted that she pay the publishers asking price...for which I made a profit of about seven dollars.

Don't fret about the meditation thing... I don't do very much of it anymore, for the same reasons, somewhat... I do, however, do some rites and prayers everyday, or try to.
Maybe you have no need for such?
A very wise yogi ...and more than one I'm sure...once said [wrote] "The lessons are there when you need them"

I am rather certain though that if you ask the above for anything that is for the greater good, and asking for the greater good of yourself or of all, or both...and truly the one does for the other anyways... you'll receive.

I have got to get away from this key board. it's now nearly 8:30 p.m. and other than stepping out for a bit and a bite to eat, I've been here since I woke up around 9 this morning.

I apologize for the poor reply and my display of moodiness...
But I figured I had best write some sort of reply now so as not to be thought of as rude or otherwise... hope you understand?
Thanks, namaste
ptv

Opal

Premium Member
No apology necessary Piercethevale.......

Your response is longer than all of my posts, it seems to me you answered totally adequately......

I usually have to read things repeatedly......I find music in the background helps me concentrate......

Did you know there is a dyslexic font? It is easier to read.....even though I am not dyslexic......Maybe you too should check it out.......

I was way too rebellious in school, my Mom taught primary school.....my Dad taught gymnastics........I have Uranus exactly square Asc........you know how that goes......:happy:

With Dane, I presume I will read what I own first......:sideways:

With the cosmos, I talk to it fairly regularly......nothing special.......more expressing the beauty of what my eyes see.......although on occasion, I will request a favour........can't be greedy, but.......once I asked from the rooftop at the end of the day for a rug for my living room........the phone was ringing bright and early in the morning......it was a woman I know, she asked if I wanted her old large clean carpet.........she never calls that early........"insert Twilight Zone music here"...........and my husbands uncontrollable laughter:whistling:

You have a good night too.....relax those fingers and brain too!

What books of Danes do I recommend, what are my favs'?

He's written so much I can't even begin to hope to read all that He has written... and, as I've already mentioned, in a number of post, I haven't a high degree of aptitude for reading comprehension nor the aptitude for. of what I can't remember the exact term but it included the word "verbal", and likely has to do with both reading and writing.
What I'm trying to say without saying it outright..but I have little choice now, I don't read a whole lot, never did. I often have to reread, a number of times, to understand the author, it's why I quite college...too much reading that I couldn't keep up with. But I also got the highest scores possible, at the time and for the particular test that were administered in the early 1960's to school children, which are nowadays more or less denounced for what ever reasons that have been given, in Math , Mechanical reasoning, and spatial reasoning. We were test in those five areas.Other than reading and that verbal thing, I scored in the 98th percentile... I don't think there was a higher possible score, maybe there was, but if there was it had to have been extremely rare for anyone to have achieved it.

I can solve the answers to complex problems of math. I had one of the only two grades of A by midterm in a college level II trigonometry course without my having taken the prerequisite additional year of algebra and the first year of trigonometry but I dropped out because of falling behind in the reading for other courses I was enrolled in that weren't math.

If it has to do with any of the three areas I scored in the 98th percentile in, I can see it, I can solve it, but I can't explain it verbally or write it, not coherently enough to anyones satisfaction, not even to my own for that matter.

Books by Dane, that I recommend? "The Astrology of Personality" comes to mind. It was his first book and the only book on the subject of astrology chosen by the London Times as one of the 100 Greatest Books of the 20th Century, but it was written in the 1930's and may be even somewhat outdated by now, I don't really know because it was so long ago now that I read it. It's may likely be too rudimentary for you and you'd end up feeling it wasn't worth your time... and as you gave indication of your age, being near my own, how much time do we have left to us to spend on stuff we really could use in some other way?

I don't know what to recommend, as for one reason I don't know what you already know, what you might have need of, and I don't know where you want to go with it?

Definitely his book "An Astrological Mandala" but it's out of print and used copies on the internet are being asked for an outrageous sum of money to purchase.

I found his and Leyla Rael's [his 4th and final wife, his widow] book "Astrological Aspects A Process Oriented Approach" to be outstanding but I even have had to re-read it a number of times, in sections, to understand it. Basically it's about understanding that life is an evolutionary process and to not get trapped in a min set that ones' natal chart is an indelible stamp that you are given, but it it also is about what those aptitudes I have in mechanical reasoning and spatial reasoning are perfectly suited for.

I will recommend that you might want to go with his later writings as for what I witnessed Leyla having to put a stop to someone trying to republish a lot of his early writings and presenting them as the "Lost Archives" and being of more original thought and thus more important as she denounced the author online at amazons webpage for that person in which they had given public notice of a book forthcoming on the subject and in her post she stated that the reason they are "lost" is because they were supposed to be as Dane had made a number of reassessments over the years since [from the late 1930's to early 1950's]

Basically, It's all good, just some is better than others.

As to past lifetimes and all else you asked concerning which?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes...

Right now I'm not up to writing anymore. I spent all day yesterday dealing with a six or seven year old thread someone just serendipitously decided to revive, a link in it that had gone bad and was now used in a deceptive manner, my alerting a moderator about it, that moderators reply that was most denigrating, my having to spend the entire morning writing in reply [because I'm not good at writing, that's why it too so long {that's not directed at you Opal}] coming home after a long overdue first meal of the day and having to reply to an astrologer of much accomplishment, recognition, and whom is connected to a publishing house in the hopes I might get a nibble at my revised edition so in need, and she was a close personal friend of the late James Lewis, the one that invented astro- cart- togrphy, which was not an easy task as I didn't want to offend her in any way personally or professionally, not knowing what school of thought she considers herself to be of, and that an old friend in dire need lately of personal and psychological support came over unannounced and ...he's always so hyper and talks incessantly... just walked in the front door while I had dozed off writing and don't let me even come to my senses before He had gone from one subject to another and another.etc. and I had to "throw him out" in the most polite way I could , which wasn't what anyone would call polite at all.

But other than any of that, I'm just fine and how are you today?

...yaknowaddimean?..oh, yeah...no my publisher went under, the book as far as I know isn't available anymore anywhere...maybe a used copy, maybe some unsold...I don't even have a copy of my own anymore. It was terribly written anyways and I gave all of the information that is in it here in this forum at one time or another ...which is why I never made a dime out of it...except for the one personal copy I had as an extra that I sold to a most gracious woman I met on a week jaunt to Mendocino years ago, that owned a shop in that town and insisted that she pay the publishers asking price...for which I made a profit of about seven dollars.

Don't fret about the meditation thing... I don't do very much of it anymore, for the same reasons, somewhat... I do, however, do some rites and prayers everyday, or try to.
Maybe you have no need for such?
A very wise yogi ...and more than one I'm sure...once said [wrote] "The lessons are there when you need them"

I am rather certain though that if you ask the above for anything that is for the greater good, and asking for the greater good of yourself or of all, or both...and truly the one does for the other anyways... you'll receive.

I have got to get away from this key board. it's now nearly 8:30 p.m. and other than stepping out for a bit and a bite to eat, I've been here since I woke up around 9 this morning.

I apologize for the poor reply and my display of moodiness...
But I figured I had best write some sort of reply now so as not to be thought of as rude or otherwise... hope you understand?
Thanks, namaste
ptv

piercethevale

No apology necessary Piercethevale.......

Your response is longer than all of my posts, it seems to me you answered totally adequately......

I usually have to read things repeatedly......I find music in the background helps me concentrate......

Did you know there is a dyslexic font? It is easier to read.....even though I am not dyslexic......Maybe you too should check it out.......

I was way too rebellious in school, my Mom taught primary school.....my Dad taught gymnastics........I have Uranus exactly square Asc........you know how that goes......:happy:

With Dane, I presume I will read what I own first......:sideways:

With the cosmos, I talk to it fairly regularly......nothing special.......more expressing the beauty of what my eyes see.......although on occasion, I will request a favour........can't be greedy, but.......once I asked from the rooftop at the end of the day for a rug for my living room........the phone was ringing bright and early in the morning......it was a woman I know, she asked if I wanted her old large clean carpet.........she never calls that early........"insert Twilight Zone music here"...........and my husbands uncontrollable laughter:whistling:

You have a good night too.....relax those fingers and brain too!

A dyslexic font? No, I didn't know about it. While I don't think that is going to resolve the problem I have with reading, I'll check it out...but I don't read E books, reading off a computer screen takes a toll on the eyes.

I think that it's indicative of my problem reading as to when I write, as was pointed out to me by the woman my publisher provided me for assistance as she did edit a lot of the early first draft, grammatically mostly, and she kept telling me that the manner in which I compose sentences was all messed up. I tend to place prepositions before something or other [I hated grammar as a subject in school, that and biology] and number of other matters of composition. I finally realized it's because I think in segments of thought and then piece them together as like they are a math equation, or something as the like.

A few weeks ago I wrote on facebook and posted it for my friends to read, "Rene Descartes wrote; 'I think, therefore I am'. I think a lot, therefore I am more.... although, most of the time I just think too danm much."

Uranus square Asc.? OMG...! I sympathize. Uranus is THE planet that has had more immediate and noticable effect on me than any other influence but it's trine to my Asc. and in my 8th House.

I do understand about having a little background music for when you read. I have done better at reading, now that I think about it, when I have a bit of "white noise" in the background. Although, however, it would have to be "classical" music but nothing too "dramatic"', as for example, the 1812 overture or something that I find to be be too emotionally stirring as like Beethoven's 5th or 9th symphonies.

If I put some rock and roll on I'll eventually end up Playing air guitar and have forgotten all about the book I was reading.

Which brings to mind...
do you like the music of Shawn Phillips? I figure that you probably have heard his music, He's been around since the '60's and I've heard that He managed to get a pretty good audience up your way, done the same in South Africa and Australia too, for some reason, thus He's seemingly gotten his greatest response from the Commonwealth nations. Here in the States He's seemingly gotten his best response in Minnesota, and Wisconsin too, to a bit of a lesser degree... just curious?
He's written lyrics that I have never found anyone else to come nearly as close to for being of some of the more esoteric sourced in wisdom that I've ever encountered.

Have a happy Sunday.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
A dyslexic font? No, I didn't know about it. While I don't think that is going to resolve the problem I have with reading, I'll check it out...but I don't read E books, reading off a computer screen takes a toll on the eyes.

I think that it's indicative of my problem reading as to when I write, as was pointed out to me by the woman my publisher provided me for assistance as she did edit a lot of the early first draft, grammatically mostly, and she kept telling me that the manner in which I compose sentences was all messed up. I tend to place prepositions before something or other [I hated grammar as a subject in school, that and biology] and number of other matters of composition. I finally realized it's because I think in segments of thought and then piece them together as like they are a math equation, or something as the like.

A few weeks ago I wrote on facebook and posted it for my friends to read, "Rene Descartes wrote; 'I think, therefore I am'. I think a lot, therefore I am more.... although, most of the time I just think too danm much."

Uranus square Asc.? OMG...! I sympathize. Uranus is THE planet that has had more immediate and noticable effect on me than any other influence but it's trine to my Asc. and in my 8th House.

I do understand about having a little background music for when you read. I have done better at reading, now that I think about it, when I have a bit of "white noise" in the background. Although, however, it would have to be "classical" music but nothing too "dramatic"', as for example, the 1812 overture or something that I find to be be too emotionally stirring as like Beethoven's 5th or 9th symphonies.

If I put some rock and roll on I'll eventually end up Playing air guitar and have forgotten all about the book I was reading.

Which brings to mind...
do you like the music of Shawn Phillips? I figure that you probably have heard his music, He's been around since the '60's and I've heard that He managed to get a pretty good audience up your way, done the same in South Africa and Australia too, for some reason, thus He's seemingly gotten his greatest response from the Commonwealth nations. Here in the States He's seemingly gotten his best response in Minnesota, and Wisconsin too, to a bit of a lesser degree... just curious?
He's written lyrics that I have never found anyone else to come nearly as close to for being of some of the more esoteric sourced in wisdom that I've ever encountered.

Have a happy Sunday.

I remember Shawn.......he had one big hit.....his guitar was acoustic I think? He was good, but I will have to refresh the soundtrack......

I will answer properly later...... I am headed to bed, company left.....dishes done😁

I used to frequent Minnesota.......lots of lakes......muskelunge.......the reason mens swimsuits were invented.......

Opal

Premium Member

I don't read ebooks either. I will print what I want to read, but mostly I like a book. Let me know if you try the font and whether or not you like it.

It was her failing not yours. A good editor can make good material great. If everyone knew grammar and spelling, she would be out of work.

Hehe.......Door number three please.....

Tell me more......curious......

Vivaldi and Bugs Bunny perhaps?

Blues or jazz for reading......otherwise.....yeah.....air guitar

Which brings to mind...

He was big here, for one album......I lived close to Minnesota during those years.......

Have a happy Sunday.
and to you a happy wednesday

piercethevale

:smile:
and to you a happy wednesday

I staarted writing a reply last night but fell asleep at the keyboard and when I woke up the page had become inoperable...s it was lost and I'm not ready to try again right this minute, maybe not even today.
Here's a little musical interlude for you to listen to in the meantime... you might not have heard before. It was originally slated to be released on the second album by Derek and the Dominoes that never did happen. Previously, it had only been released on the D & the D's live at the Fillmore album., Clapton just gets "sick" with that guitar of his in this video from the "Live At Crossroads" concert in 2013. "Got To Get Better [In A Little While]"... well, it has been nearly 50 years since the song was composed, nothing much, if anything, has "gotten any better", but We Gotta Believe .... right? So, maybe not in a "little while", but I do believe it will, eventually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efF...Ir6OCdOFnxlxmBLFaQVA70ht-Zx99UATJiixBMXpjl4xk

P.S. While I can't listen to rock and roll when I read... I usually have got to have it blasting when I write or do anything at all, for that matter, that I consider to be a chore... need me a bumper sticker for the back of my reading chair "I'D MUCH RATHER BE ROCKIN' OUT"

What do you think "Jesus" would've danced to? Do you think He would've liked to shake his yarmulke to a rock and roll beat?

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
:smile:

I staarted writing a reply last night but fell asleep at the keyboard and when I woke up the page had become inoperable...s it was lost and I'm not ready to try again right this minute, maybe not even today.
hey, no problem.....we have lives too......

Here's a little musical interlude for you to listen to in the meantime... you might not have heard before. It was originally slated to be released on the second album by Derek and the Dominoes that never did happen. Previously, it had only been released on the D & the D's live at the Fillmore album., Clapton just gets "sick" with that guitar of his in this video from the "Live At Crossroads" concert in 2013. "Got To Get Better [In A Little While]"... well, it has been nearly 50 years since the song was composed, nothing much, if anything, has "gotten any better", but We Gotta Believe .... right? So, maybe not in a "little while", but I do believe it will, eventually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efF...Ir6OCdOFnxlxmBLFaQVA70ht-Zx99UATJiixBMXpjl4xk

That was fabulous......Clapton is amazing.......thanks!

P.S. While I can't listen to rock and roll when I read... I usually have got to have it blasting when I write or do anything at all, for that matter, that I consider to be a chore... need me a bumper sticker for the back of my reading chair "I'D MUCH RATHER BE ROCKIN' OUT"

I must have the stereo louder than the vacumn......:whistling:

What do you think "Jesus" would've danced to? Do you think He would've liked to shake his yarmulke to a rock and roll beat?

I think he was Jimi Hendrix:cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p26B2X_79g

I don't like bourbon.....but I do like cognac.......buddy

piercethevale

Yesterday was the 22 anniversary of my fathers' passing ...tomorrow He would of been 99 years old. I just got word my friend and neighbor the last 12 years was taken away i n an ambulance... no info.
and I had just finished chatting with forum member, ImNotThere on fb and told him of the many that have passed through my life and of the few that remain
never knew this video existed until this afternoon
I may go on hiatus for awhile...:bandit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UFLZmQjVUs&list=LL_GIQVo2-N_jmBSEcHpj6Fg&index=3&t=0s

Yeshu-a-the-Beautiful.jpg

Opal

Premium Member
hey Pierce.....

I am sorry to hear about your neighbour.....I hope he will be okay

Shawn......cut his hair......I enjoy upbeat sad songs........

Have a nice break .......I look forward to hearing from you when you are ready.......

Opal