house associated signs- connection in synastry?

santama

Hi,
one question just popped up in my head and I thought this would be a question that I could ask in the forum.

I was just thinking that my love interest hasn't got any planets in any of my "romantic" houses. His personal planets all fall in my 10th and 9th house. (While mine fall in his 7th,8th and 9th). I was wondering why I still feel so infatuated with him when it is said that these houses don't trigger any romantic feelings. Of course, we do have some other "major" aspects like ascendant conjunct north node, Sun opposite sun/moon midpoint, sun conjunct Vertex, etc. But I thought about this:

His moon is in his natal 4th house, his Venus is in his natal 10th house. I have a Capricorn Ascendant, so my 7th house is in Cancer. Is this maybe a little bit as if he would have Venus in Capricorn and a moon in Cancer and thus, feels like as if these planets are in my 1st and 7th house? Or is it a too forced thought process that you wouldn't do in synastry astrology?

I hope you get what I am trying to ask. Would be interesting to know.

Thanks in ahead!
xx
santama

ElenaJ

When you say "romantic" house, presumably you are referring to those that govern marriage, friendship, love affairs? There really aren't "romantic" houses as such.
Also, it isn't the house that "triggers" a reaction but the energy exchanged between two planets or points, that are most strongly manifested in a specific area of life, as shown by the house.
The 5th of love affairs is also children, the 7th of partners is also lawyers and open enemies, for example, so the houses apply to relationships but also to a variety of other sectors of life.
The house indicates where the specific dynamics of the relationship will be developed.
You don't say where the various aspects that you list happen to fall in each other's charts, but without having the house it's obvious that a sun opposite someone's sun/moon midpoint, NN on the ascendent would be very powerful links that will draw together two individuals. They could even occur the 12th of one of the partners and the 3rd of the other, they would still be strongly felt.
It would be easier if you posted the charts, but your example about Venus and moon, if I understand it correctly, no, it doesn't necessarily work this way, but again, seeing the charts could give more clues. Maybe it is a moon/venus opposition in cancer/capricorn that lies across your ascendent/descendent?

Last edited:

santama

Hello Elena,

thank you for your reply! I didn't post any chart because I didn't want to bother anyone with a synastry reading or something, I was just curious about that house/sign-association and if it has any meaning in synastry (or in general).

But I gladly post here the natal charts of me (the Cancer sun) and him (Libra sun) and our synastry chart. Maybe you would want to take a look at it.

regards
santama

Attachments

• NatalA.jpg
    NatalA.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 24
  • natalchartequal.jpg
    natalchartequal.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 21
  • synastryy.jpg
    synastryy.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 23