Help needed in interpreting birth chart in regards to career.

Liz22

Hello everyone!
I'm Liz and I'm new to the astrology weekly forum. I'm a bit of a western astrology newbie, although I've read my chart and understand most things I was hoping to get some advice from astrologers understanding vocational/career astrology and how to interpret the birth chart accordingly.

Attached is my birth chart, and I thought if I explained a little about myself in regards to vocation some of the planet placements and aspects would be easier to decipher. On that note, I would like to say that I have known from childhood what I would love to do and that's to be a writer (Of course I also know that what one loves to do is not necessarily something he will do to earn money but maybe is just hobby or personal interest.) I also have a strong sense of self and understand what I'm working with on a personal level. I guess what I'm really looking for is someone to help me understand if the placements in my chart help or hinder what I know to be true about my calling. Where are the blockages? and are the specific planets related to career exalted or debilitated?

I have been reading about how the 2nd, 6th and 10th houses all work together to show you about your career but I'm having trouble piecing it all together in the right format to where I understand it completely.

As you can see from my chart I have an Aquarius moon in the 1st, I would say I'm very good with people right off the bat and have a way of connecting on a deeper level almost instantly. And yes I can be moody depending on my surroundings, although I hide it pretty well. I also tend to analyze everything, even my feelings are more often analyzed rather than felt.
In my 2nd I have Venus with Pisces on the cusp. I will say that my sense of value and well being is attached to my financial security and is very important to me. I also would consider myself an aesthete, I appreciate beauty in all forms and feel almost an instant connection to art (especially the written word and music.) I'm also very compassionate and empathetic to others to the point where sometimes it can be a draining experience. Although a lot of the times its a positive one as well.
In my 3rd some people would consider it a stellium and to be honest I feel such a huge amount of energy draws me to that house that sometimes it is overwhelming. In my 3rd I have the north node, Jupiter, mercury and my sun. The north node, Jupiter and mercury are all in Aires(fire) with Jupiter and Mercury conjunct and the Sun is at 1 degree Taurus. As you've probably guessed I'm a born communicator (in speaking and writing) and I am constantly learning and teaching myself and sometimes focus too much on taking in knowledge and not enough time doing anything about it. Its almost like a nervous compulsion to stimulate my brain, if I don't have an outlet for all the energy bouncing around I literally will be scattered and unfocused.
My 4th is empty with Taurus on the cusp and its important to me to make a comforting, stable, nourishing home environment for my children.
Chiron and Mars are in my 5th with Gemini on the cusp, as you've probably guessed creativity and what I do with it is important to me. With mars placed in the 5th I tend to be stop and go (I've started at least two novels). This is made more exaggerated by the fact that I had children young and so much of my time outside of making a living is consumed with their needs and taking care of them at home. I will get a burst of energy for a creative endeavor and then be pulled back to reality with the responsibilities of every day life. I absolutely love my children and wouldn't want it any other way but I would be lying if I said that I didn't have a hard time channeling my creative energy and keeping it on course. My children's creative endeavors are very important to me though and I really encourage them in those fields. On a side note this placement could suggest a competitive personality with a love of sports and I just wanted to say that that has never been me. I am not competitive on almost any level and I don't play sports (although I do find exercise helps me have an outlet for all the nervous energy I feel.)
The 6th house is empty with Cancer on the cusp. I do work with children and have for ages. I'm a wonderful teacher and caretaker to children but this is not something I want to do forever nor is it something I would want to further my education in.
My 7th house is empty with Leo on the cusp and I will say that that affects my moon in the 1st, my marriage can be demanding at times.
8th house is empty with Virgo on the cusp, I can be meticulous about other peoples property and possessions and how I spend any income earned by my husband. Also the naturual ruler of the 8th is on my 10th house cusp. Could that mean something?
The 9th house contains the south node, and although I love higher education, travel, religion etc I find that third house matters suck up a lot of my attention. I've also had to change and rediscover what I believe in terms of religion and how I view higher education over the course of my life. I would of loved to go to college but now find it impractical considering my work load and everything I have on my plate. If I went I would want it to coincide with how I make an income and not just for its own sake (after all I am constantly teaching myself and learning new things regardless). In another life I fantasize that I probably would of studied psychology or something extensive but as of now I don't see how I could pull off going to school for 6 plus years.
My 10th house has always been a bit difficult for me. I have Scorpio on the cusp, Pluto is in my 10th conjoining my midheaven and opposing my sun. As you can guess I have a huge compulsion to succeed and do something with my life. Its not enough to just make money though, it needs to have a purpose behind it. I have to connect to it on a deeper level or I get bored quickly. I definitely have issues with authority (although not all authority) mainly in a work related field, I want to be the boss so to speak. I don't want my bosses job, I just want to be the boss of my own actions. I don't want anyone breathing down my neck telling me what to do, I hate ego games in the work environment and how that correlates with the job that needs to get done. I don't have time for BS and this has been a major factor in the jobs that I've left over the years. I am self employed now and if I had it my way I would like to have a career that lets me do it my way in the broader context of an outline and rules. I have a hard time answering to people for my actions (not because I did something wrong but just because I don't like to deal with what I perceive to be a power struggle). I also can feel resentful for having to answer for my actions and feel defensive if someone does get on my case in a negative way. On a side note my relationship with my father has always been very positive. I know my 10th house Pluto aspects hinder me but its also what drives me. Sometimes I find myself wishing I could just get past some of these issues and just not deal with the drama of it.
My 11th house has Sagittarius on the cusp with Saturn and Uranus conjunct. This is difficult for me as well. I take my responsibilities seriously but a lot of the time I feel chained to them. I've read that the 11th house supports the 10th and of course wherever Saturn is you have a lot to learn. I do love social environments that help further a cause. I have too much Aquarian in my chart to not want to help humanity in some way but I find with Saturn in this house everything takes so long, and with it aspecting the 5th house I feel like my creative endeavors are sometimes denied an opportunity to see the light of day. But maybe they will over time? I also can tend to feel that my work and knowledge to get the job done is never good enough. I don't want to put my stamp on it unless I'm 99% certain I know what I'm talking about or doing.
Capricorn is on the 12th house cusp with Neptune inside. I will say that I've always been intuitive and can usually see the heart of the matter quickly. I am drawn to people and its obvious to me what they feel when I observe or communicate with them. Of course I'm sure this also somehow correlates with my Venus in Pisces in the 2nd. I'm just not sure to what extent.

If I could say what I would love to do in terms of a career it would be to help others in some way using my creative energy in a field that I wont get bored in and to get recognition for what I bring to the table. Not necessarily in a monitory way (although that's important too) but in a way that brings respect for the time and effort that I have put into it. I love to write, I love people and I love to figure out the details and put them all together again to create the big picture. With the placements and aspects in my chart do you see that having a positive chance of becoming a reality in a certain vocation? Of course I know that it does hinge on my actions at the end of the day but I am curious to know if it looks like theres hope regardless.

Thank you for taking the time to read this all the way through. Of course this is just skimming the surface but I wanted to give more details so that whoever looks at the chart can get past anything generic and understand a little more what I'm working with. Hopefully my chart posts along with this. Here are my birth chart details for easy reference.

April 22nd 1987
12:26 am
Cali, Columbia (South America)

Attachments

• Liz chart.jpg
    Liz chart.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

waybread

I don't see why you couldn't become a writer.... but this doesn't happen automatically. In order to promote a writing career most aspiring writers would major in creative writing at university, take writers workshops, join or form a local or on-line writers' group, or take on-line writing courses.

Many writers need a "day job," which is often teaching. (Spanish? English?) Is this something you've considered? Does your paid work now support your writing dreams or detract from them?

Learning to become a writer can be hard to achieve with young children at home, but they don't stay little forever. If you keep keep a daily journal and just write for 30 minutes a day-- or write some children's stories to share with your children-- that would be helpful.

Also, how well do you respond to criticism of your written work? Nobody likes criticism, but it is how our writing improves. Many aspiring writers become discouraged by critical attention to their work-- the writers are the ones who learn from it and keep after their goals.

Last edited:

Liz22

I don't see why you couldn't become a writer.... but this doesn't happen automatically. In order to promote a writing career most aspiring writers would major in creative writing at university, take writers workshops, join or form a local or on-line writers' group, or take on-line writing courses.

Many writers need a "day job," which is often teaching. (Spanish? English?) Is this something you've considered? Does your paid work now support your writing dreams or detract from them?

Learning to become a writer can be hard to achieve with young children at home, but they don't stay little forever. If you keep keep a daily journal and just write for 30 minutes a day-- or write some children's stories to share with your children-- that would be helpful.

Also, how well do you respond to criticism of your written work? Nobody likes criticism, but it is how our writing improves. Many aspiring writers become discouraged by critical attention to their work-- the writers are the ones who learn from it and keep after their goals.

Thank you for your response Waybread! I really appreciate it. You're right, I could definitely pursue writing and it would come naturally to me. I guess sometimes I doubt myself on which way to pursue that. That's one of the reasons I'm interested in astrology because I'm looking for answers. My paid work now takes up a good chunk of time but I could try squeezing dedicated time slots into the early morning before 6am or even on some weekends if I was consistent. Btw I'm not Spanish, I was born in south America because my parents did missionary work there for several years.

It's funny that you would suggest writing things for my children to read because I have been thinking the same recently. That thought spurred my decision to come on here and ask for help.

To answer your question, I actually don't mind critical attention to my work. I love feedback and sometimes feel alone in my creative endevors because I don't have anyone to bounce them off of. I'm really not an egotistical individual and would never consider myself or any of my work above reproach. The pluto thing comes into play with people that assert themselves as my authority (and not as my equal) in the work place and in certain areas of my personal life. Although I have sometimes wondered how I would respond to having an editor or even a publicist(gulp!). Sometimes the compulsion to break away is innate but I feel I'm learning to temper my reactions and not just give into it. I suppose that's why they say individuals with pluto in the 10th go through many changes in regards to control and power.