Exact Aspects and Destiny/Karma

freedomlover

quoting rahu:
any aspect that is exact is a reflection of destiny or karma.the exactitude gives the karmic value regardless of the aspect.
I just read this statement by rahu on another thread. Rather than derail that thread to learn more about this, I decided to start another thread.

Would rahu or anyone else like to expound on this a little? One question, in particular, what are you using to define "exact" - within 1 degree orb - to the arc minute? - within so many arc minutes? etc.......

Thanks for any information on this!

rahu

Banned
hi freedomlover.
in her book astrology the cosmic science isabel hickey made the comment that exact aspects are a indication of destiny.this statement stroke a chord in me because i have also noted that it seemed liked the smaller the orb ,the more distinct the effect of the aspect was.
it seems reasonable that say if a square is exact to the arc minute,then the two archetypes of the symbols involved would manifest simultaneously ,merging them if you will.
that is what i focus on:how the archetype manifests in ones life.and it seems that the archetype are more distinct the tighter the orb.
but we are talking about "karma" and "destiny" so seeking empirical data
may be a fool's errand.

be that as it may, i look karmically at a aspect if it is 30 arcminutes or less from exact.
what struck me about the composite i commented on was that uranus was exact to the arc minute conjunct the ascendant,jupiter,i beleive, was 4 or 5 arc minutes from the descendant and juno was ,i believe 10 arc minute from the midheaven.coupled with the comments of the psychic he talked with,this seemed to agree with the basic premise of exactitude and destiny.
personally i have a jupiter 9 arc minutes from exactly trine to my sun and i always felt that this aspect affects my life out of proportion to the other aspects in my chart as usually a trine to the sun is not as impressive as one would expect.i think this is because when trine the sun,jupiter will always be retrograde due to the nature of the orbits of the planets.

and i apply this idea to natals or abstract charts as well

rahu

Last edited:

freedomlover

Thank you so much for that wonderful explanation, rahu! I, too, have always felt that the more exact the aspect, the more powerful it would have to be. My most exact aspect is a Mars/Saturn sextile within 13 arc minutes - and it seems to rule my chart. That, and the Mercury Rx/Lilith sextile within 20 arc minutes. A Mercury/Lilith sextile may seem minor - but watch out when it is exact! I had no idea that this was a karmic indication until I read your comment. But applying that to my chart.. yes, from what I know about my past life karma... those two aspects sum it up pretty well!

Thanks again, rahu! :smile:

Arian Maverick

in her book astrology the cosmic science isabel hickey made the comment that exact aspects are a indication of destiny.

You beat me to it, Rahu! :lol:

When I read the title of this thread, I immediately thought of Isabel Hickey's book because I recalled reading such a statement there.

In Chapter 8, titled The Meaning of Aspects, she explains the importance of the orb of aspects, comparing the distance from exactness to the distance one is from a stove. The closer you are to the stove, the hotter it will feel. She compares an exact aspect to sitting on top of the stove.

Here's the quote to which Rahu refers:

"I have noticed that exact aspects, either harmonious or inharmonious are very powerful in a chart. I call them 'fate' that must be handled wisely and well. Even those that are one or two degrees apart are very strong."

I can attest to this statement, for I have an "exact" applying aspect (0 degrees 07) between the Moon and Uranus. Additionally, these planets are conjunct my Ascendant and Midheaven, respectively. My moods are volatile, as one may expect with this aspect, and I constantly seek freedom from restraints. The themes of this aspect have been the dominating impulse of my life, in ways that are difficult to describe. I must learn to release restrictions from the past without creating situations in which I break free from everything, leaving destruction in my wake. As the Astrology Weekly interpretation states, "Unlimited freedom is hard to handle without losing stability." This is my test.

Arian Maverick

rahu

Banned
thank you freedomlover and arian maverick for you personal observations.

if you will freedomlover ,could you explain the affects of your lilth/mercury sextile in a bit more detail

rahu

freedomlover

thank you freedomlover and arian maverick for you personal observations.

if you will freedomlover ,could you explain the affects of your lilth/mercury sextile in a bit more detail

rahu

Well, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it completely...But it seems to have to do with me being seen as intelligent/speaking the truth/ hearing from God/prophetic ability. I have had issues from this that have plagued me all my life - doubting my intelligence - feeling like I had to prove it, etc. It's like I've had a huge trouble coming into right relationship with my mind/mental abilities, if this makes any sense. (This issues is further echoed in my chart by the Mercury Rx in Sag/12th and Jupiter Rx in Gemini in the 6th being in mutual reception).

To make matters worse... the midpoint of Mercury Rx in Sag and Lilith in Aquarius is 16' Cap in my 1st - the same as my Mars/Venus Midpoint.

This goes back to two lifetimes. One was a few centuries ago when I was burned at the stake for being a witch/having psychic abilities/seeing the future, etc. The other was farther back, and I don't have as much recollection of this one. But it had something to do with my being some kind of advisor that was consulted by people in rulership positions. The word "oracle" was the word that came to me when I recalled the past life.

rahu

Banned
very interesting as i have found a sense of insecurity associated with lilth but i haven't had any insights to the psychic nature of lilth.
what you have said does seem coherent with my ideas and i do have a "psychic" sense which i have not correlated with lilth but lilth is on my ascendant, so i will have to add your experiences to my musings.
thank you

rahu

freedomlover

very interesting as i have found a sense of insecurity associated with lilth but i haven't had any insights to the psychic nature of lilth.
what you have said does seem coherent with my ideas and i do have a "psychic" sense which i have not correlated with lilth but lilth is on my ascendant, so i will have to add your experiences to my musings.
thank you

rahu

I've found that planets in Aquarius sometimes manifest as "linked to the Christ Mind". So my Lilith in Aquarius has felt insecure about believing she was "linked to the Christ Mind". What sign is your Lilith in, rahu?

EJ53

Banned
...I have always felt that the more exact the aspect, the more powerful it would have to be...
This is also borne out by Harmonics, FL......where a conjunction with a wide/8degree orb appears only in the H1 (potential); one with a 4 degree orb will also appear in H2 (challenge); one with a 2 degree orb additionally appears in H3 (ease)+H4 (difficulty) and one with a 0.5 degree orb influences a further 13 character traits......H5 (planning) + H6 (latent ability) + H7 (intuition) + H8 (persistence) + H9 (acceptance) + H10-H16...

...Thus, aspects with exact orbs influence more of our psychological characteristic/traits than those with wide orbs...so they are more powerful, and would dominate our behaviour/lives...

...Hence, considering them to be "karmic" makes sense because (whether positive or negative) their influence is inescapable and our resultant behaviour will result in "punishment or reward" of some kind.
____________________​

My Lilith is in aquarius 25 31 in the 3rd house...
Mine is in Pisces/6th......It seems to be about learning to trust my inutition.

(For example)...as a child/adolescent, I was able to correctly predict the winner from newspaper listings of the entrants in horse races...but only if no-one who knew me placed a wager on the outcome...

...I've always assumed that this was to make me aware of my intuition, and that it can be relied upon only when used for the benefit of others.

LittleMiss

EJ63 - What you are saying is so recogniseable for me, I have Lillith in Pisces in 6th too. And I have the same experience.
I have a great intuition, and instinctive "gut-feeling" of what are going to happen. But I almost always see it in retrospect, beacuse then and there I'm so colored by other peoples expectations or their feelings for the situation, so my own instincts get all blured up.

My tightest aspects are north and south node conjunct MC and IC (by 0 degrees). Uranus sextile Venus, and Pluto sextile Neptune (also by 0 degrees).

I'm not sure what to make of this...
But I guess, when the aspects are so thight, they also can become a integrated part of the psyche? Almost like you don't recognise it?

I also have a lot of aspects at 1 degree orb...

EDITED: Oh, and I forgot - I think my tightest aspect is moon inconjunct ascendant, and that one I really think I can feel...

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
personally i have a jupiter 9 arc minutes from exactly trine to my sun and i always felt that this aspect affects my life out of proportion to the other aspects in my chart as usually a trine to the sun is not as impressive as one would expect.i think this is because when trine the sun,jupiter will always be retrograde due to the nature of the orbits of the planets.

and i apply this idea to natals or abstract charts as well

rahu

Hmm. Hi Rahu (and everyone!), ...have you come across this in books, or have you come to find this through experience; a trine to the Sun "is not as impressive as one would expect..."? I'm intrigued...and you have your's trine Jupiter? And do you have any other exact aspects (less than 1 degree orb) in your chart? Would you say that you Sun/Jupiter trine dominates your chart? Would you say a Sun trine natally, given the nature of the Sun has almost certainly the 'upper hand' in the aspects of the chart considering the Sun's paramount importance? I'm very intrigued...

Exact aspects: Sun trine Saturn (0.01)
Mercury conjunct MC (0.55)
Mercury trine AC (0.33)
Two inconjunctions

rahu

Banned
i think the fate associated the exact harmonics is because at exact conjunction ,there is 0, that is 0 difference which suggests the "absolute" ,that beyond maya, is availble to the soul.

rahu

EJ53

Banned
i think the fate associated the exact harmonics is because at exact conjunction ,there is 0, that is 0 difference which suggests the "absolute" ,that beyond maya, is availble to the soul.
This again makes sense, Rahu......since an exact 0.0.0 degree conjunction would appear in every conceivable (and currently inconceivable) harmonic...suggesting that the psyche is then "at one with the soul/Universal Mind".
____________________​
...I'm not sure what to make of this...But I guess, when the aspects are so tight, they also can become a integrated part of the psyche? Almost like you don't recognise it?
I think your guess is correct when two planets are in aspect, LM......But, I'm not sure what the effect would be with angles/nodes:unsure:

rahu

Banned
Olivia

the theory of partiles seems logical to me as the nature of all energy ,seems to be, transmitted in distinct units, as quantum observations describe.

rahu

freedomlover

Traditionally a lot of value was placed on numbers. A partile aspect is one within the same degree. So if you have Venus at 14.01 Libra and Jupiter at 14.59 Libra, they're partile. Whereas if you have Venus at 13.59 Libra, and Jupiter at 14.01 Libra, they're not.

The closer the aspect, the more intense, that's always been true. But partile does seem to have a special meaning - play with it and see if you find it to be so. Again, though, anything really close will be very strong.

Thank you SOOO much for explaining this, Olivia! I've always operated under the assumption that "exact" and "partile" were the same thing! So the aspect of Venus at 13.59 and Jupiter at 14.01 Libra are exact, but not partile? Venus would have to enter 14.00 Libra to become partile, right? And it would STILL be partile if it was at 14.59 Libra - and Jupiter was at 14.01 Libra?

This also sets off some bells on a related subject. I often look at the current chart of the skies when I get an "aha" moment. 9 times out of 10, one of the planets or asteroids represented by the nature of the revelation I just had has JUST THEN entered a new degree. For example, a few days ago, I had a revelation, and the chart showed that Uranus had just changed from 26.59 Pisces to 27.00 Pisces! I've noticed for years that there seems to be something very important about the degree change within the same sign. Any thoughts?

EJ53

Banned
..I've noticed for years that there seems to be something very important about the degree change within the same sign. Any thoughts?
The change of Sabian Symbol might be a factor, FL.....In the way that natal planets in the last/critical degree of a sign indicate a strong opportunity in this lifetime for us to grasp the true "planet in sign" meaning, maybe planets in the last minute (or second) of a degree provide a strong opportunity to grasp the true meaning of that degree/sabian symbol.

-