Random Thoughts

Love2Know

Feeling empathy and being empathic are the same thing.
Plus, every human has empathy except psychopaths and traumatized people.
Yeah trauma is interesting. It can develop in many psychological ways example ptsd. My mother has life long ptsd from abuse. Her emotional reactions to stress or loud stimuli are insanely reactive. I drop a pebble and she screams. Her empathy is strong and good but her sympathy not so much lol.

david starling

Yeah trauma is interesting. It can develop in many psychological ways example ptsd. My mother has life long ptsd from abuse. Her emotional reactions to stress or loud stimuli are insanely reactive. I drop a pebble and she screams. Her empathy is strong and good but her sympathy not so much lol.

What's her Sun in?

AppLeo

Saturn is ALSO weakened as Capricorn's ruler. That doesn't happen with other Capricorn placements. The Sun does have to work harder in Capricorn, which makes the energy-flow of the Chart more problematic. But it filters out some of the worst effects of Saturn's rulership, including apathy. Sympathy becomes more like pity, but still enables helpfulness for those who really need it.

I think what you're saying doesnt make any sense.

david starling

Have you seen the way he treats women??

Different topic. Lust is one of the Capricorn behavior traits. But, not apathy. Same for female Sun Capricorns. The Ancient Greeks associated the very sexual god, Pan, with Capricorn, along with nymphs and satyrs. They connected Pan to the Seagoat of the Constellation with a funny story that he was being pursued by an enemy (Saturn?) and tried to transform into a fish and swim away. But, the best he could do was to become a goatfish. :lol:

david starling

AppLeo, I see your point of view: Since empathy, in the sense of being "empathic", is on a purely personal level, we can put sympathy and apathy on that level also. Which means it's possible to be socially engaged and active in helping others, and socially sympathetic to the plight of others you don't personally know, while being apathetic as to how how you affect the feelings and welfare of those you really are in personal contact with. A lot of people have that separation. I'm just not sure I'd single out any particular Sign for that. You mentioned Aquarians as being known for possibly neglecting their own families but helping others. Cancers are known for protecting their own families, while possibly not caring (being apathetic) about what happens to anyone else. And, that Leo's concerns are mostly about themselves. Sympathy can also be extremely selective.

Last edited:

UraSatVen1029

AppLeo, I see your point of view: Since empathy, in the sense of being "empathic", is on a purely personal level, we can put sympathy and apathy on that level also. Which means it's possible to be socially engaged and active in helping others, and socially sympathetic to the plight of others you don't personally know, while being apathetic as to how how you affect the feelings and welfare of those you really are in personal contact with. A lot of people have that separation. I'm just not sure I'd single out any particular Sign for that. You mentioned Aquarians as being known for possibly neglecting their own families but helping others. Cancers are known for protecting their own families, while possibly not caring (being apathetic) about what happens to anyone else. And, that Leo's concerns are mostly about themselves. Sympathy can also be extremely selective.

The Aquarian part is sad but kinda true. I have Aquarius moon and my dominant planet is Uranus, and I'm known to be very helpful, caring and compassionate to others (especially to friends) but distant to my family members. It just makes me uncomfortable if I get all mushy with my own family, since we all bully each other (harmless though).

Pisces is the most caring and compassionate sign for me. Me having the Jup in Pisces sextiling ascendant mellows the apathetic-ness and detached ways of my cap ascendant and Moon aquarius 1st house.

My sister is a Leo rising. My former crush has a stellium in leo. Both are very generous and warm. Extremely friendly just like Aquarius but with more warmth and fun. They're also very compassionate too, but maybe not that empathic.

My close friend is a Cancer sun with Leo planets. She's not very egoistical but can be prideful. Yet her Cancer sun really stands out because she's so generally caring and motherly to her friends and family. Even with strangers to an extent.