Proving my 12th house Venus right

kimiko8

(Others are also welcome to share their Venus in 12th experiences!)

I cannot begin to explain how utterly upset and devastated I am about this placement. I'm not a kind who tries to look for doom and gloom, and I know that there is no such thing as perfect. But this is beyond endurance.

My idiot Venus lives in the 12th house. Other than depriving me of any sense of femininity whatsoever- yes, I never felt like a woman, I've never felt like a girl except when someone else made me see that I was- it has only bought pain and longing into my life.

I don't have a problem with the femininity thing. It's something I've come to accept, and being female, male, bisexual, asexual means nothing to me other than a mark on a sheet, in my opinion. You need a bit of all to be.

But the s**t about falling for an unavailable partner, the garbage about unrequited love? It's all true, even though I closed my ears to it and I HATE it.
Finding partners or admirers is not a problem. It's never been a problem. It's the ones that seem to want to dedicate themselves to me seriously, heart and soul, can never do it without causing a scandal.

If my Venus were making some nice Jupiter/Saturn connection that would be swell, but no. I have some equally idiotic Mercury sextile that does nothing, and I don't agree that it's close enough to the ascendant to be conjunct, whatever astro.com might say.

What else is there... wants solitude (check)... love is sacrifice (seems like it)... serves society (check)... God-will-provide attitude (provide misery, probably)...
They forgot to add 'most likely to die alone, eaten by cats', but I'll remind them to add that.

Please remind me of the good qualities of this placement before I burn the **** planet off my chart and out of this universe.

Attachments

• ebc.jpg
    ebc.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

katydid

Well, thanks to that Venus in Gemini in the deeply creative 12th, ruler of the 5th/11th, you are a fantastic writer. :tongue:

kimiko8

Well, thanks to that Venus in Gemini in the deeply creative 12th, ruler of the 5th/11th, you are a fantastic writer. :tongue:

Yes, though the ethereal nature of the 12th house kinda stops me from converting it into any tangible achievement... come read all my amazing stories which are locked up in my brainspace!!!

(thank you though <3)

katydid

Yes, though the ethereal nature of the 12th house kinda stops me from converting it into any tangible achievement... come read all my amazing stories which are locked up in my brainspace!!!

(thank you though <3)

It doesn't have to be that way. My husband has Sun and mercury retro in Aries in the 12th.And he is a long time professional writer. He thinks of ideas in his cloudy head all day and night, but still forces himself to type them out on the computer, or at least speak them into a recorder.

kimiko8

It doesn't have to be that way. My husband has Sun and mercury retro in Aries in the 12th.And he is a long time professional writer. He thinks of ideas in his cloudy head all day and night, but still forces himself to type them out on the computer, or at least speak them into a recorder.

I do the same, and I've posted some of my stuff online to test the waters. I had pretty good responses, but I think my Taurus Sun just wants to see the tangible 'worth' of it all.

I'm just slightly (very) miffed that the planet that deals with interpersonal relationships and partnerships decided to be stuck there. With gemini. Similar to how pushed out I feel when I don't receive a response on a post I make. I want to talk, I want to meld, I want to love, but, no. It never clicks.

JUPITERASC

(Others are also welcome to share their Venus in 12th experiences!)

I cannot begin to explain how utterly upset and devastated I am about this placement. I'm not a kind who tries to look for doom and gloom, and I know that there is no such thing as perfect. But this is beyond endurance.

My idiot Venus lives in the 12th house. Other than depriving me of any sense of femininity whatsoever- yes, I never felt like a woman, I've never felt like a girl except when someone else made me see that I was- it has only bought pain and longing into my life.

I don't have a problem with the femininity thing. It's something I've come to accept, and being female, male, bisexual, asexual means nothing to me other than a mark on a sheet, in my opinion. You need a bit of all to be.

But the s**t about falling for an unavailable partner, the garbage about unrequited love? It's all true, even though I closed my ears to it and I HATE it.
Finding partners or admirers is not a problem. It's never been a problem. It's the ones that seem to want to dedicate themselves to me seriously, heart and soul, can never do it without causing a scandal.

If my Venus were making some nice Jupiter/Saturn connection that would be swell, but no. I have some equally idiotic Mercury sextile that does nothing, and I don't agree that it's close enough to the ascendant to be conjunct, whatever astro.com might say.

What else is there... wants solitude (check)... love is sacrifice (seems like it)... serves society (check)... God-will-provide attitude (provide misery, probably)...
They forgot to add 'most likely to die alone, eaten by cats', but I'll remind them to add that.

Please remind me of the good qualities of this placement before I burn the **** planet off my chart and out of this universe.
Note that few, if any natal charts are timed with exactitude :smile:
i.e. time of first breath

and
IF your birth had taken place just six minutes earlier
then
your ascendant would have been Gemini
and natal sun
a Venus-ruled 12th House TAURUS SUN

kimiko8

Note that few, if any natal charts are timed with exactitude :smile:
i.e. time of first breath

and
IF your birth had taken place just six minutes earlier
then
your ascendant would have been Gemini
and natal sun
a Venus-ruled 12th House TAURUS SUN

My Vedic chart has Gemini ascendant, but Venus with Mars in 1st house. My time of birth is pretty exact- I think...

Regardless, that would hardly help XD Venus would still be in 12th.

The_Saturnian

To the OP - I know totally what you mean. I have Venus 12th conjunct Ascendant in Gemini in my natal. It's difficult to find true love. Recently I have experienced somewhat of a spiritual awakening and have come to the realisation that there some of us that have a play a role of that of a healer. So we have to experience pain first hand, before being able to help others. 12th Venus (especially in Gemini), would not be able to stick around for too long in any regard. But you could look at it in a more positive light that the journey of loneliness is not an easy one and since you are strong enough to face it in the is lifetime, the universe has tasked you to go through it, Sounds a bit egocentric, I know, but it has helped me see reason to a certain degree. I do crave love too. I really wish I had the lady of my dreams by side. To the point that I was so blinded that I thought I was a twin flame. This journey is a spiritual one and so you must do it alone.

Another way to look at it is since you can't settle down for one person, you have the entire universe to love. Isn't that great?

kimiko8

To the OP - I know totally what you mean. I have Venus 12th conjunct Ascendant in Gemini in my natal. It's difficult to find true love. Recently I have experienced somewhat of a spiritual awakening and have come to the realisation that there some of us that have a play a role of that of a healer. So we have to experience pain first hand, before being able to help others. 12th Venus (especially in Gemini), would not be able to stick around for too long in any regard. But you could look at it in a more positive light that the journey of loneliness is not an easy one and since you are strong enough to face it in the is lifetime, the universe has tasked you to go through it, Sounds a bit egocentric, I know, but it has helped me see reason to a certain degree. I do crave love too. I really wish I had the lady of my dreams by side. To the point that I was so blinded that I thought I was a twin flame. This journey is a spiritual one and so you must do it alone.

Another way to look at it is since you can't settle down for one person, you have the entire universe to love. Isn't that great?

>you can't settle down for one person, you have the entire universe to love.
lol I can't argue with that.. obviously I've gone and turned the whole internet upside down for info.. but rather than an interpretation, I found this one quote that really resonated with me and my situation-

I broke my heart into billions of pieces so everyone in the world could have a piece. It did not matter how much it tore me apart to share everyone else’s pain, it still doesn’t. I just want everyone to be happy.

There's something freeing about watching others love and be loved. Even if it feels like I'm watching through a one way mirror, even though my envious snorting may fog up my view now and then, I really think it's a privilege to be able to see things from a detached view but still retain emotion. And it's not only for one person, it's for everyone you meet. You can be ideal for anyone, the Neptunian effect just seems to mutate you into what's necessary- but is anyone really ideal for you? It's an important question, and when answering that question, we suffer.

It's not nice. It hurts. But it's a good kind of hurt, I think.

The_Saturnian

>you can't settle down for one person, you have the entire universe to love.
lol I can't argue with that.. obviously I've gone and turned the whole internet upside down for info.. but rather than an interpretation, I found this one quote that really resonated with me and my situation-

There's something freeing about watching others love and be loved. Even if it feels like I'm watching through a one way mirror, even though my envious snorting may fog up my view now and then, I really think it's a privilege to be able to see things from a detached view but still retain emotion. And it's not only for one person, it's for everyone you meet. You can be ideal for anyone, the Neptunian effect just seems to mutate you into what's necessary- but is anyone really ideal for you? It's an important question, and when answering that question, we suffer.

It's not nice. It hurts. But it's a good kind of hurt, I think.

Yes it's fun watching others love and be loved (although at times I do get a little envious which I shouldn't). The lesson I think for us 12th Venusians is probably either spiritual submission or just letting go of everything. It is the house of loss/spiritual things so that makes sense. The best part of being 12th Venus is when you get to borrow cupid's bow and arrow. :innocent:

kimiko8

Girl, I feel you. I have the same placement. The only thing I can say is that we at least have beautiful feet. :cool:

Oooh la la... :w00t:

(well, i'm not sure if mine are pretty, but they are definitely small, maybe people like small. I'd say my lips are the best feature.)

Anyone else with beautiful feet?

Phoenix Venus

I agree with the_saturnian, developing a deep and profound love of the universe makes the romantic side lighter. Loneliness is temporary. Besides, venus in 12th can appreciate the oneness in all, and, if that's experienced fully, one is never truly alone.

I wonder if some of your experience is that harsh opposition in your 1st/7th houses, being channeled by squares to mercury. Venus is being received by mercury and mercury is being "received" by a debilitated mars so it's taking all that harsh influence. It can be channeled more favorably. Venus is the out so if you embrace it and channel it into the t-square aspect it can lighten up some of that conflicting energy.

This is the sabian symbol for your venus, it is conjunct my part of fortune!!! :D :D :D

"A GARDENER TRIMMING LARGE PALM TREES.

KEYNOTE:*Bringing under control nature's power of expansion.

There is need for repeated*PRUNING."

Last edited:

kimiko8

I agree with the_saturnian, developing a deep and profound love of the universe makes the romantic side lighter. Loneliness is temporary. Besides, venus in 12th can appreciate the oneness in all, and, if that's experienced fully, one is never truly alone.

I wonder if some of your experience is that harsh opposition in your 1st/7th houses, being channeled by squares to mercury. Venus is being received by mercury and mercury is being "received" by a debilitated mars so it's taking all that harsh influence. It can be channeled more favorably. Venus is the out so if you embrace it and channel it into the t-square aspect it can lighten up some of that conflicting energy.

This is the sabian symbol for your venus, it is conjunct my part of fortune!!! :D :D :D

"A GARDENER TRIMMING LARGE PALM TREES.

KEYNOTE:*Bringing under control nature's power of expansion.

There is need for repeated*PRUNING."

I looked up the sabian symbol on this site :https://sabiansymbols.com/venus-on-gemini-25-a-gardener-trimming-large-palm-trees/

The line that jumped out at me was this:
-and, curiously, it answers the story of the Sun on Taurus 13: The Porter Carrying A Mountain Of Heavy Baggage.

My Sun is Taurus 13, and oddly, both readings are true. I have been told that I seem to carry an unnecessarily large load on my shoulders all the time- "It's not your job" "You shouldn't have to worry" "This is their job to handle" is something that gets told to me on a near daily basis.

My mother told me recently that she felt as though the faults of others had robbed me of what should have been the best and most carefree years of my life. I agree, but I'm not bitter. I didn't give up, I've just accepted it.

But I agree there's definitely a need for let go of old wounds, thoughts and experiences. Letting go should not mean to forget the lesson. I have to do that. I have to do what needs to be done for myself, and not be on a 'routine' to appease others. Thank you for that insight. <3

I've heard other people mention about the 1st/7th house oppositions, but to be honest I actually love my Mars in Cancer. I think it's a wonderful placement, like the crown jewel of my chart- even if it's a cracked jewel. I didn't like it first, but then it sort of grew on me.

I get your thought about channeling the Venus energy, perhaps. I find it easier to be rigid, demanding, ruthless, dominating, which I feel is more of a Mars 1st energy, which is also almost the antithesis of the Venus 12th energy- forgiving, loving, understanding, and being able to let go. The first energy is so strong (especially at work) that people are just afraid- but when I drop the curtain and show them some care it's like they can't believe what's going on. There has to be some way to mix both these energies.

Last edited:
Have you considered looking for a lover at a church, temple, or among a spiritual group? How about a place of solitude like a library, hospital, jail? Ok maybe not jail lol. Your Mars opposed Neptune is another indication of this. Venus in the 12th could be a secret lover, hidden beauty, buried treasure, desert rose, etc... Just a few thoughts.

kimiko8

Have you considered looking for a lover at a church, temple, or among a spiritual group? How about a place of solitude like a library, hospital, jail? Ok maybe not jail lol. Your Mars opposed Neptune is another indication of this. Venus in the 12th could be a secret lover, hidden beauty, buried treasure, desert rose, etc... Just a few thoughts.

The problem with the lover at a place of worship, library, hospital or jail is that they are unavailable for me XD not because they dont want to be with me but the circumstances make it that way. That's what i was crying about- i seem to end up with these sort of 'unavailable' people. All of them feel like secret lovers. To them, I am the thing that is wanted but can't be gotten.
I want to love openly.