western vs vedic natal chart reading

theboy

hey guys so i never really bothered with interpreting my vedic chart because personally i dont think my ascendant in vedic matches with my personality as much as my western ascendant but ive been reading up on vedic and they base their charts on the exact placement of planets because of the earths tilt throughout time as of now and not the seasons like western does if im not mistaken?

how do you guys go about doing this and does this mean western astrology should be completely thrown out the map because of this information? can anyone explain these two systems in mundane terms?

katydid

Here is my suggestion, as a way to avoid starting any kind of a mini-war between various factions of astrologers here.

Why not go to the Vedic section and ask someone to set up your Vedic chart and you can see how it works for you.

I know many people who look at their charts in various ways and learn a lot from each. Some eventually choose one system and delve deeper.

But I don't want to see us get into any kind of a competition or battle over which system 'fits' or works better. That is a dead end road, in my opinion. :ninja:

david starling

hey guys so i never really bothered with interpreting my vedic chart because personally i dont think my ascendant in vedic matches with my personality as much as my western ascendant but ive been reading up on vedic and they base their charts on the exact placement of planets because of the earths tilt throughout time as of now and not the seasons like western does if im not mistaken?

how do you guys go about doing this and does this mean western astrology should be completely thrown out the map because of this information? can anyone explain these two systems in mundane terms?

The placement of Planets is equally exact. The Signs are just located differently. :biggrin:
The Earth is "wobbling" a bit as it rotates--that's what causes the Seasonal-points and the stars to sloowly shift position relative to each other. Some prefer to use the star Spica to locate the Signs (Vedic and Western-siderealism) and others prefer locating them using the Sun's position at the beginning of each Season (Tropicalism). Equally exact, different Sign-placement. Hope this helps!

Last edited: