lots

sprinthrussfed

can someone please write a list of all the lots and the formulas?

and how do you use the lots in horary charts?

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member

That would be quite an undertaking, there are over 100 of them. This blog has a neat way to find several of them in a chart.

The only lot that's used a lot (ha!) in horary is Fortune, I really haven't seen many examples where other Lots were utilized, so I wouldn't worry about it all that much. Fortune is typically used as another benefic, specifically in questions about finances or lost objects. Fortune is a very material Lot, so it doesn't have a lot of uses outside of material concerns.

JUPITERASC

Due to copyright restrictions I would not be allowed to post that so instead here's a link to a list compiled & annotated by Deborah Houlding extracted from Al Biruni's text The Book of Instruction in the Elements of the Art of Astrology, (written at Ghaznah, 1029 AD), following the R. Ramsay Wright translation (1934). :smile:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/alparts.html

Deborah Houlding also offers a free onlin horary course
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary.html

dr. farr

Zoller's book on "Arabic Parts" also has extensive Lots, and the most complete list of the numerous Greco/Roman Lots can be found in Greenbaum's "Late Classical Astrology".

In horary one can use a Lot as a more specific significator for the quesited matter, or as a secondary quesited significator as well; I find the use of Lots in horary very important (but then I follow an alternative horary methodology close to that of the oldtime Islamic horarists, who were famous for their use of Lots, hence the term "Arabic Parts"...although the Lots ACTUALLY originated-and had their most extensive application-with the Greco/Roman astrologers prior to the 7th century AD)

Last edited:

sprinthrussfed

thanks for the lists Kaiousei and jupiterasc.

Zoller's book on "Arabic Parts" also has extensive Lots, and the most complete list of the numerous Greco/Roman Lots can be found in Greenbaum's "Late Classical Astrology".

In horary one can use a Lot as a more specific significator for the quesited matter, or as a secondary quesited significator as well; I find the use of Lots in horary very important (but then I follow an alternative horary methodology close to that of the oldtime Islamic horarists, who were famous for their use of Lots, hence the term "Arabic Parts"...although the Lots ACTUALLY originated-and had their most extensive application-with the Greco/Roman astrologers prior to the 7th century AD)

what lots do you use in horary astrology? how do you decide if you use them as a more specific significator for the quesited matter or as a secondary quesited significator?

how do you decide if to use a lot or not? how do you use the lots in your delineation?