Does being an Aquarius mean I have to vote democrat?

Lykanized

Honestly, it's not about mod vs trad, that's just something I'm using as an example. It's simply that Aquarians in general don't seem very Uranian to me. They certainly seem more Saturnine. They're not as off the wall or out of the box or experimental unless they truly have direct Uranus influence. More of them actually seem rather conservative to me

I only brought up traditional vs modern as a possible explanation as to why it may be that Aquarians generally don't fit the stereotype of Aquarius. And obviously it is just a stereotype. People are people and infinitely complex

so I suppose I'm really not so much arguing in favor of ruling planets, but moreso that Aquarians generally don't seem to be that out of the box, anti-authoritarian, etc. as their stereotype dictates. And I know we know by now that the stereotypes of signs aren't reliable anyway, so no need to get into that either. Just my perspective and observation of Aquarians

perhaps it's because they're a fixed sign. Their fixed air nature is far more prominent than anything else. Fixed is practically the opposite of Uranian energy

thinking about it more, I do think it's the fixed aspect. As a strongly cardinal and mutable influenced person, the fixed energy is just very pronounced in Aquarians and it does make them not come off as so forward thinking or forward moving, or at least not more so than the average individual

Last edited:

sashafasha44

I mean, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. But as an Aquarius Sun/Mercury I can tell you I'm still mad about Al Gore not winning in 2000. The whole process is a shame. My heart was broken not only the first time but especially the second time they rigged the system against Bernie, it still hurts because he deserved & he genuinely cared in my opinion. & when he was getting too strong they all dropped out & went against him. IMO, Bernie is the only one that can beat Trump. IDK what it is, but Trump is somehow highly favored & I had a dream (I hope I'm wrong) that he is going to win again. Biden is not going to do much, but at least he won't be making it worse.

Anyway, Aquarius is about progressiveness/equality the collective (opposite of Leo which is about the self as you know). I do my best to be open minded to other opinions as I'm supposed to be "progressive & fair" but I draw the line at two points that will infuriate me - ignorance on subjects that people seem to allegedly "know so much about" - because I'm sorry, I cannot go by the notion of "respect everyone's opinion even if you disagree" - no, I don't, I absolutely do not respect opinions that are not based off FACTS, sheer ignorance in topics that people will argue is a waste of time, they don't know what they are arguing for half the time. Now, if they KNOW the facts, & they just downright don't care then - well I still won't respect their opinion if it goes against MORALITY. We can agree to disagree on flavor ice cream - but when it comes to human lives vs. money let's say, no I cannot & will not respect that. That's where I draw the line. But I'm also a plutonian & have saturn in scorpio opposite my taurus moon so yea there's that. Pretty fixed.

I can’t keep up with these rising sign descriptions these days :pinched:

aquarius7000

All right, how about this?

Saturn is the strictest disciplinarian of the Sign-rulers. It rewards obedience, and punishes disobedience. It's dictatorial, and Aquarius is generally anti-dictatorship, and goes its own way, while Capricorn is generally acquiescent in terms of following Saturn's dictates.
Sorry, but you seem to have completely ignored what I said in a previous post: both Aquarius and Cap are using the Saturn energy, but in different ways: Aquarius on a more mental level and more group oriented - for equality and achieving structure in groups.
Capricorn does it on a physical/earthy realm - which people love to call realistic, perhaps because effects can be seen sooner and more tangibly on the material plane.

Now going by your explanation, it seems "obedience and discipline" are being equated with dictatorship(which in itself are not the same things), which you then use to justify why Saturn would not fit Aquarius, since Aqua is anti-dictatorship. That just does not add up - at least in my eyes.

david starling

I mean, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do. But as an Aquarius Sun/Mercury I can tell you I'm still mad about Al Gore not winning in 2000. The whole process is a shame. My heart was broken not only the first time but especially the second time they rigged the system against Bernie, it still hurts because he deserved & he genuinely cared in my opinion. & when he was getting too strong they all dropped out & went against him. IMO, Bernie is the only one that can beat Trump. IDK what it is, but Trump is somehow highly favored & I had a dream (I hope I'm wrong) that he is going to win again. Biden is not going to do much, but at least he won't be making it worse.

Anyway, Aquarius is about progressiveness/equality the collective (opposite of Leo which is about the self as you know). I do my best to be open minded to other opinions as I'm supposed to be "progressive & fair" but I draw the line at two points that will infuriate me - ignorance on subjects that people seem to allegedly "know so much about" - because I'm sorry, I cannot go by the notion of "respect everyone's opinion even if you disagree" - no, I don't, I absolutely do not respect opinions that are not based off FACTS, sheer ignorance in topics that people will argue is a waste of time, they don't know what they are arguing for half the time. Now, if they KNOW the facts, & they just downright don't care then - well I still won't respect their opinion if it goes against MORALITY. We can agree to disagree on flavor ice cream - but when it comes to human lives vs. money let's say, no I cannot & will not respect that. That's where I draw the line. But I'm also a plutonian & have saturn in scorpio opposite my taurus moon so yea there's that. Pretty fixed.

We're stuck with the Electoral College system, which gives us "Swing-States", and now a handful of States can decide the election of the President. National polling of the entire voting population doesn't matter in the final analysis.
So, could Bernie have won in the Swing-States? He would have constantly been labeled a "Communist", or "Commie", which would be a real problem regarding the older voters who remember the Cold War era.
On the other hand, his attitude that gun control should be a State, rather than a Federal, issue, angered a lot of Liberal Dems, but would have increased his chances of winning the Swing-States.
But now, we'll never know. :sad:

david starling

Sorry, but you seem to have completely ignored what I said in a previous post: both Aquarius and Cap are using the Saturn energy, but in different ways: Aquarius on a more mental level and more group oriented - for equality and achieving structure in groups.
Capricorn does it on a physical/earthy realm - which people love to call realistic, perhaps because effects can be seen sooner and more tangibly on the material plane.

Now going by your explanation, it seems "obedience and discipline" are being equated with dictatorship(which in itself are not the same things), which you then use to justify why Saturn would not fit Aquarius, since Aqua is anti-dictatorship. That just does not add up - at least in my eyes.

So, do you see Saturn as sharing Aquarius as Domicile-sign with :uranus:?

Last edited:

aquarius7000

So, do you see Saturn as sharing Aquarius as Domicile-sign with :uranus:?
I only go by trad. rulerships for all signs.

It completely upsets the Astro-logical equilibrium to assign to three signs dual rulerships and then cherry picking one of the two assigned rulers to somehow make things work when doing astrological readings. Where things feel, in one’s own opinion, more Uranus like, make Uranus the ruler. Where things feel more Saturn like, use Saturn.

However, for Aries or Taurus...., things work out with the one ruler. It is pretty illogical in my opinion - for three signs dual rulership. Why make three signs so modern :D

I use Ura, Nep, and Plu in terms of their aspects to inner personal planets.

david starling

I only go by trad. rulerships for all signs.

It completely upsets the Astro-logical equilibrium to assign to three signs dual rulerships and then cherry picking one of the two assigned rulers to somehow make things work when doing astrological readings. Where things feel, in one’s own opinion, more Uranus like, make Uranus the ruler. Where things feel more Saturn like, use Saturn.

However, for Aries or Taurus...., things work out with the one ruler. It is pretty illogical in my opinion - for three signs dual rulership. Why make three signs so modern :D

I use Ura, Nep, and Plu in terms of their aspects to inner personal planets.

I really like your abbreviation "Ura", and I might start using it for :uranus:! Except, people might not know what it means without Nep being included. The ones that are most obvious are Merc, Jup, and Nep.