Same astrologer gave contradictory readings, need advice

Libra1012

Birth date 10-12-81, 5:13am Youngstown, OH. Here’s my chart: https://imgur.com/yZOWZFn

I called an astrologer in January of 2018 and she said I was moving toward being in a romantic relationship. I spoke with her again 8 months later and she said my progressed Venus squares Saturn and for the next few years things won’t be good, she said love wouldn’t be there for me. I thought that was rather negative, and even if it’s such a difficult aspect, there was no advice on how to move through it. I also didn’t understand how she didn’t see this in the first reading she gave me.

Fast forward, I’m currently in a relationship and it has its share of challenges as all relationships do. But I can’t help but think about what the astrologer said about love not being there for me and I don’t want to make this a self-fulfilling prophecy. Anyone have another interpretation/explanation that will give me more clarity? Are there other favorable aspects for my love life?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Birth date 10-12-81, 5:13am Youngstown, OH.
Can you post your chart?
I called an astrologer in January of 2018
and she said I was moving toward being in a romantic relationship.
I spoke with her again 8 months later
and she said my progressed Venus squares Saturn
and for the next few years things won’t be good, she said
love wouldn’t be there for me.
I thought that was rather negative, and even if it’s such a difficult aspect,
there was no advice on how to move through it.
I also didn’t understand how she didn’t see this
in the first reading she gave me.
Fast forward, I’m currently in a relationship
and it has its share of challenges as all relationships do.
But I can’t help but think about what the astrologer said
about love not being there for me
and I don’t want to make this a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Anyone have another interpretation/explanation
that will give me more clarity?
Are there other favorable aspects for my love life?
members are given the designation "Senior Member"
after posting a certain number of comments
not that many
keep in mind that because ours is an astrological learning forum
where members practice astrological skills free
no one is paid therefore responses to threads
are often from members who are beginners like yourself
with little or no experience
keen to learn by practice
members are encouraged to discuss interpreting their own charts to learn by practice
we also have members with many years of astrological study completed
members have day jobs
and those of our members who are professionals
do not provide a complete professional reading for free

these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way :smile:

ElenaJ

No idea what the astrologer was referring to.
Are you a man or a woman? It changes things, in that Venus and moon are a marker for romantic relationships for a man, while sun and mars are for a woman.

ElenaJ

Last year you had progressed Venus (your sun ruler) trine progressed mars (your natal moon ruler).
At the same time progressed moon squared progressed sun, classic bringing together of the male/female.
Progressed moon also made a sextile with jupiter (co-ruler of your 7th house of partnerships and marriage) in the first house, and a trine with Neptune (other co-ruler of the 7th), stimulating the energies of your natal 7th, and bringing into your life an important contact.
The "dire" progressed Venus square Saturn she mentions is actually in a mutual reception by sign, so not very dire.
Natal saturn is conjunct your sun, as is jupiter. These planets, and their sign, libra, help describe your ideal partner. As does your descendent and its ruler.
You currently have progressed Saturn on your ascendent that gives your personality saturnine qualities that you project outwardly.
The sweet moon trine Venus you were born with, has moon in the 7th that gives an emotional focus to your psyche, making relationships a deeply rooted necessity for you.
When your Venus by progression approaches the square with Saturn, it is also approaching your ascendent/descendent axis, bringing into the foreground your emotional need for a partner.
The mutual reception facilitates the energy build up, giving it an easy development path.
And the universe answered by introducing you to someone.

Zora

Account Closed
Birth date 10-12-81, 5:13am Youngstown, OH. Here’s my chart: https://imgur.com/yZOWZFn

I called an astrologer in January of 2018 and she said I was moving toward being in a romantic relationship.
attachment.php

Hello Libra,

and did you ?

Jan. 2018 transiting saturn on jan. 23rd, 2018 activated your venus by semisextile who is natally trined by your moon as ruler of 11th house - you have sensitive antennas with for perceiving what is going on in other people you meet on first sight and non-verbally.

But venus is also in halfsquare with your jupiter as ruler of your 4th house, emotions, real home and own mother and experience with mother in childhood - mother as first female model role how to be a woman. And this picture and experience look kinda tensioned and not always easy going going in childhood - as jupiter has always a tendency to exaggerate emotions - and you probably felt sometimes your mother disrespecting your boundaries and overwhelming you.

But venus is neither responsible for relationship in your your chart nor for love and romance - as venus doesn't rule your 7th and/or your 8th house (longlasting relationship and marriage) nor your 5th house - love and romance.

That time in 2018- I would assume more that you more experienced some trouble with your money flow - you felt restricted and with your own selfesteem. As your venus rules your 2nd house - financial income, own values, self esteem and setting boundaries.

Venus rules as well 9th house, personal environment, education, university, teachers, house of religious faith and self-trust, travels, spiritual wisdom and house of grandparents.

Relationship in your chart is ruled by neptune and longlasting relationship /marriage by your mars. 5th house - love and romance is ruled by saturn.
To start a new relationship - your neptune as ruler of 7th house -has to be activated by a slowrunning transit planet, first.

What happened first on oct. 27th, 2019 by transiting jupiter conj. your neptune
Second on jan. 4th, 2020 by transiting pluto semisextiling your neptune
Third on jan. 11th, 2020 by transiting saturn semisextiling your neptune.

Since when are you in a relationship ? As this looks seriously meant to me - as mars as ruler of 8th house (long relationship and marriage) is and was activated as well - by jupiter, saturn and pluto - to stay longer with this person you met - and pluto's transit will last until november 19th, 2020.

Attachments

• Chart libra.jpg
    Chart libra.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 124

Libra1012

Last year you had progressed Venus (your sun ruler) trine progressed mars (your natal moon ruler).
At the same time progressed moon squared progressed sun, classic bringing together of the male/female.
Progressed moon also made a sextile with jupiter (co-ruler of your 7th house of partnerships and marriage) in the first house, and a trine with Neptune (other co-ruler of the 7th), stimulating the energies of your natal 7th, and bringing into your life an important contact.
The "dire" progressed Venus square Saturn she mentions is actually in a mutual reception by sign, so not very dire.
Natal saturn is conjunct your sun, as is jupiter. These planets, and their sign, libra, help describe your ideal partner. As does your descendent and its ruler.
You currently have progressed Saturn on your ascendent that gives your personality saturnine qualities that you project outwardly.
The sweet moon trine Venus you were born with, has moon in the 7th that gives an emotional focus to your psyche, making relationships a deeply rooted necessity for you.
When your Venus by progression approaches the square with Saturn, it is also approaching your ascendent/descendent axis, bringing into the foreground your emotional need for a partner.
The mutual reception facilitates the energy build up, giving it an easy development path.
And the universe answered by introducing you to someone.

Thank you so much, this was so insightful! I really appreciate it!!

Libra1012

attachment.php

Hello Libra,

and did you ?

Jan. 2018 transiting saturn on jan. 23rd, 2018 activated your venus by semisextile who is natally trined by your moon as ruler of 11th house - you have sensitive antennas with for perceiving what is going on in other people you meet on first sight and non-verbally.

But venus is also in halfsquare with your jupiter as ruler of your 4th house, emotions, real home and own mother and experience with mother in childhood - mother as first female model role how to be a woman. And this picture and experience look kinda tensioned and not always easy going going in childhood - as jupiter has always a tendency to exaggerate emotions - and you probably felt sometimes your mother disrespecting your boundaries and overwhelming you.

But venus is neither responsible for relationship in your your chart nor for love and romance - as venus doesn't rule your 7th and/or your 8th house (longlasting relationship and marriage) nor your 5th house - love and romance.

That time in 2018- I would assume more that you more experienced some trouble with your money flow - you felt restricted and with your own selfesteem. As your venus rules your 2nd house - financial income, own values, self esteem and setting boundaries.

Venus rules as well 9th house, personal environment, education, university, teachers, house of religious faith and self-trust, travels, spiritual wisdom and house of grandparents.

Relationship in your chart is ruled by neptune and longlasting relationship /marriage by your mars. 5th house - love and romance is ruled by saturn.
To start a new relationship - your neptune as ruler of 7th house -has to be activated by a slowrunning transit planet, first.

What happened first on oct. 27th, 2019 by transiting jupiter conj. your neptune
Second on jan. 4th, 2020 by transiting pluto semisextiling your neptune
Third on jan. 11th, 2020 by transiting saturn semisextiling your neptune.

Since when are you in a relationship ? As this looks seriously meant to me - as mars as ruler of 8th house (long relationship and marriage) is and was activated as well - by jupiter, saturn and pluto - to stay longer with this person you met - and pluto's transit will last until november 19th, 2020.

Thank you! Such amazing info. We met the night of Nov. 2nd 2019. He’s five years younger than me and was raised in a different country, he’s only been in the US for 7 years but we’ve seemed to have lived parallel lives. We have a lot of work to do as far as learning about each others personalities, but also have some added hurdles with cultural and religious differences. Despite all the hurdles there’s no doubt it’s a magnetic attraction and I couldn’t wish for better communication. Right now we’re just trying to overcome some obstacles and I’m trying to ease up on my emotions and my need to control everything. So many lessons already, but also a lot of growth!

antiphon

Loneliness is definitely one possibility when Saturn aspects Venus, so I wouldn’t say your astrologer is wrong. But I’ve also seen people start relationships start and get serious under Saturn’s influence, often with someone who has a lot of Capricorn or Saturn in their chart, strong Saturn aspects in synastry, or just lots of challenges and obstacles like you’re saying. You have six months left of progressed Venus square Saturn. You’re apparently not experiencing the loss/sorrow/isolation manifestation of this aspect, but I think it’s still a ensible to use a little caution until you are completely out of the woods.

Frisiangal

Hi Libra1012,
In my experience in giving recorded readings, one situation always sticks out. The listener is usually focused upon one particular area of their life, so their hearing is tuned in to what is said about that particular area. They miss out on the rest! A session may take in but 5 minutes of the area of interest, yet it is this 5 mins. that is remembered; nothing else. Can you remember what else the astrologer said at the time?

Out of interest, and thanks to Zora for posting the natal/transit chart, I looked up the secondary progressions for the year in question, as did Elena. Secondary progressions bring about once-in-a-lifetime changes over the period they are in orb, unless retrograde motion becomes a feature of them.

I can understand where the astrologer may have got the 'moving toward a romantic relationship' from, especially if/when Venus, through its association with Libra is given to represent romantic love.
In 2018, sec. progr. Mercury sextiled sec. progr. Venus that, according to B.Brady (Predictive Astrology'), brings about an aspect of life … an experience ... not written into its natal pattern. It can make it difficult to 'judge' what it means. Mercury is associated with meetings of all kinds, as initiated and expressed through the shaking of Mercury-ruled hands and its spoken and communicative word. Venus of Libra is not physical of nature, unless it's to use soft lights and candles to create an ambiance (Air influence):smile:.
Yet Mercury-Venus together can create 'a loving, thoughtful relationship' between two people that does not relate to being together as a romantic couple.

Any practising astrologer will have many clients within 2 years, and not readily remember them at a later date. Any interpretation given will have an effect upon the client who, even subconsciously, takes in and acts/reacts upon what they have heard. They leave a reading a different person with a different perspective to the one who came in (transit effect???). Two years and any effects of transits can have brought about a change.

S.P. Venus has now reached the square with natal Saturn. Saturn = age. The square is merely bringing the difference in age in focus. How does this affect you? Does it matter in a 'loving, thoughtful' relationship between two people that, given the time that Saturn provides, may or may not grow into something deeper and lasting over the years?

I am out of synch. with Elena's view in that, according to my ephemeris, sec. progr. Venus has not yet reached a trine aspect with s.p. Mars, and does not do so for several years to come.

With s.p. Moon working its way through the 12th house, there could be a lot of introspection going on inside you. A Virgo influence can remove the chaff from the corn. What is and isn't realistic by any proof shown. When it crosses Virgo Ascendant, you could find that you can dot the i's and cross the t's in a more satisfying manner.

Good luck to you.

ElenaJ

"I am out of synch. with Elena's view in that, according to my ephemeris, sec. progr. Venus has not yet reached a trine aspect with s.p. Mars, and does not do so for several years to come."

Sorry if I expressed this incorrectly.
Last year one of the aspects that helped bring on the romantic meeting was the approaching progressed Venus/mars trine.
It still isn't perfected, Venus is now at approx 14 degrees and mars at 16. So it's effects will be felt for a while yet.

Just to add to the comments about the mercury/venus contact, this was even more important in that mercury is the natal ascendent ruler.

Libra1012

Loneliness is definitely one possibility when Saturn aspects Venus, so I wouldn’t say your astrologer is wrong. But I’ve also seen people start relationships start and get serious under Saturn’s influence, often with someone who has a lot of Capricorn or Saturn in their chart, strong Saturn aspects in synastry, or just lots of challenges and obstacles like you’re saying. You have six months left of progressed Venus square Saturn. You’re apparently not experiencing the loss/sorrow/isolation manifestation of this aspect, but I think it’s still a ensible to use a little caution until you are completely out of the woods.

The real delay is that his family is pushing him to be with a girl from his home country. They had a long distance relationship for a year and he broke it off right before he met me. Both families are involved and still pressuring him, it’s not an arranged marriage. He told them he didn’t want to move forward but said the pressure is making him feel guilty, which gets me upset. That pressure plus other obstacles has put a strain on the relationship, some days are more difficult than others, there are days I think about throwing in the towel and days I think it’s just an obstacle we’ll get over.

Frisiangal

"I am out of synch. with Elena's view in that, according to my ephemeris, sec. progr. Venus has not yet reached a trine aspect with s.p. Mars, and does not do so for several years to come."

Sorry if I expressed this incorrectly.
Last year one of the aspects that helped bring on the romantic meeting was the approaching progressed Venus/mars trine.
It still isn't perfected, Venus is now at approx 14 degrees and mars at 16. So it's effects will be felt for a while yet.

Just to add to the comments about the mercury/venus contact, this was even more important in that mercury is the natal ascendent ruler.

Hi Elena,
Just want to say that I hope my nitty-picky Virgo side did not give the impression of criticising, but just noticing a discrepancy between our separate perspectives. Could be that if you did a chart via computer, it gave a more accurate position than Michelsen's midnight ephemeris which I consulted. I personally use a max. 1.30 applying degree and, as you stated, that hasn't yet been reached.

Could be that the effect of sec. progr. Mercury-Venus will open the mind for s.p. Venus-Mars …. and perhaps different people and situations?

:smile:

kshantaram

Premium Member
In case the observations help,

11th lord moon over 7th with pars fortuna,
gains from spouse/business partners;

Rahu NNode over 11th sensitive cancer,
gains from foreigners/other races/relationships;

pisces-jup inimical for virgo asc,
stress-delays in marriage-vocation;

jup 2nd libra, financial support from spouse;

sun-jup-sat elevated libra, aptitude for law-justice;
strained relationships;

mars leo 12th, attracted by hsuband with high self-pride;
jup libra settling with someone with sense of fainess-justice;

Lords 1/7 mer-jup over scorpio-libra, lords mars-venus, 2/12,
relationship by mere attractions, seeking mutuality;

ketu separative SNode cap 5th, practical,
detachment from luck-education-romance- children-position;
pain-injury-surgery heart-stomach-knees etc;
prayers to Mother Goddess, offer red flowers sat evenings;

sat-jup lords 5/7 conjunct libra, partner of choice;
prosperity through law-justice management, legal PR etc;
while sun-sat scope for strained relaitonships with father etc;

Sat now transit own cap 3rd good for initiative,
sat-jup-ketu cap, pain-injury-surgery;
sat elevated aspect sun-jup-sat elevated libra 2nd
for family-finances, scope for marriage to watch for;
jup effective mid-course April-july to watch for;

jup-sun-sat libra opp moon impulsive aries,
diffused thinking, worrisome nature, strained health n relationship;

hope jup-sat transit cap elevated aspect sat-jup libra
promotes relationship such opportunities;

share how true-insightful, traits-talents-health-life trends-Remedies-ideas etc

wishing well, kshantaram'

ElenaJ

Hi Elena,
Just want to say that I hope my nitty-picky Virgo side did not give the impression of criticising, but just noticing a discrepancy between our separate perspectives. Could be that if you did a chart via computer, it gave a more accurate position than Michelsen's midnight ephemeris which I consulted. I personally use a max. 1.30 applying degree and, as you stated, that hasn't yet been reached.

Could be that the effect of sec. progr. Mercury-Venus will open the mind for s.p. Venus-Mars …. and perhaps different people and situations?

Absolutely no offence taken!

Libra1012

Hi Libra1012,
In my experience in giving recorded readings, one situation always sticks out. The listener is usually focused upon one particular area of their life, so their hearing is tuned in to what is said about that particular area. They miss out on the rest! A session may take in but 5 minutes of the area of interest, yet it is this 5 mins. that is remembered; nothing else. Can you remember what else the astrologer said at the time?

Out of interest, and thanks to Zora for posting the natal/transit chart, I looked up the secondary progressions for the year in question, as did Elena. Secondary progressions bring about once-in-a-lifetime changes over the period they are in orb, unless retrograde motion becomes a feature of them.

I can understand where the astrologer may have got the 'moving toward a romantic relationship' from, especially if/when Venus, through its association with Libra is given to represent romantic love.
In 2018, sec. progr. Mercury sextiled sec. progr. Venus that, according to B.Brady (Predictive Astrology'), brings about an aspect of life … an experience ... not written into its natal pattern. It can make it difficult to 'judge' what it means. Mercury is associated with meetings of all kinds, as initiated and expressed through the shaking of Mercury-ruled hands and its spoken and communicative word. Venus of Libra is not physical of nature, unless it's to use soft lights and candles to create an ambiance (Air influence):smile:.
Yet Mercury-Venus together can create 'a loving, thoughtful relationship' between two people that does not relate to being together as a romantic couple.

Any practising astrologer will have many clients within 2 years, and not readily remember them at a later date. Any interpretation given will have an effect upon the client who, even subconsciously, takes in and acts/reacts upon what they have heard. They leave a reading a different person with a different perspective to the one who came in (transit effect???). Two years and any effects of transits can have brought about a change.

S.P. Venus has now reached the square with natal Saturn. Saturn = age. The square is merely bringing the difference in age in focus. How does this affect you? Does it matter in a 'loving, thoughtful' relationship between two people that, given the time that Saturn provides, may or may not grow into something deeper and lasting over the years?

I am out of synch. with Elena's view in that, according to my ephemeris, sec. progr. Venus has not yet reached a trine aspect with s.p. Mars, and does not do so for several years to come.

With s.p. Moon working its way through the 12th house, there could be a lot of introspection going on inside you. A Virgo influence can remove the chaff from the corn. What is and isn't realistic by any proof shown. When it crosses Virgo Ascendant, you could find that you can dot the i's and cross the t's in a more satisfying manner.

Good luck to you.

Thank you! I called the astrologer at that time because I was in an awful career and knew it was coming to an end. I called in October of 2018 and she asked if I was being manipulated, I was, and she told me to stay away from some problem coworkers. The reading was mostly about me entering a period where my entire life was changing, for the better. She did say my experiences were going to make me change the way I thought about relationships. She said she liked what was happening because it was all forcing me to settle down, she was right about that! I have very much settled down and what I want in my relationship is very different from 1 or 2 years ago. But her comment about Venus/Saturn was unsettling to me and I never got clarification.

Can I ask for more detail about what you said above, “ Secondary progressions bring about once-in-a-lifetime changes over the period they are in orb, unless retrograde motion becomes a feature of them.“ I met my b/f Nov. 2nd 2019 while mercury was in retrograde, but I can tell you it’s the first time I didn’t go 90 miles an hour in a relationship. We moved like turtles! haha

ElenaJ

Moon in 7th trines Venus, ruler of the 9th, facilitates union with a foreigner.
Venus in the 3rd, in sagittarius, sign and house of travels.

“ Secondary progressions bring about once-in-a-lifetime changes over the period they are in orb, unless retrograde motion becomes a feature of them.“

When a retrograde planet is involved it's a significant factor because it moves ahead, goes back on its tracks, then returns on its way forward, newly passing over where it was. This is an important action. The energy that is moving freely forward stops, and provokes a re-thinking or re-working of the situation as it moves back over its path, then again when it sets off again on a direct path. In slow planets, one could possibly experience only the retrograde because it takes too long to complete the passage backwards and forwards.
Especially with mercury, one could find themselves arriving at the end of the cycle with completely different viewpoints and ways of thinking with respect to when they started out

Frisiangal

Libra1012 wrote:
Can I ask for more detail about what you said above, “ Secondary progressions bring about once-in-a-lifetime changes over the period they are in orb, unless retrograde motion becomes a feature of them.“

Further to, and expanding upon what Elena explained above, you were born with a retrograde Mercury ….as was I! We share a Virgo Ascendant and if you are anything like me this inclines towards analysing and scrutinising anything to its death …. especially one's self.:rolleyes:

After having conjoined natal Jupiter (ruler 4th [home] and traditional 7th [personal relationships] house(s)) in retrograde motion for a number of years, secondary progressed Mercury turned direct on 18* Libra to conjoin natal Sun approx. 15 years after birth. Without going into details, such a major conjunction would have accompanied events that produced a very significant time for any individual regarding possible loss and/of a self image(Sun) that subsequently defined how they further thought (Mercury), also about themselves, especially in terms of 2nd house values and worth. Albeit a once-in-a-lifetime event, its effects would carry on in the mind, provoking, as Elena said, a re-thinking/deliberation (rather than Libra influenced dithering/doubt) of any situation in which further action was to be taken.
Yet the natal retro. Mercury in Scorpio is still part of the natural ‘thinking’ process. It could still hold ‘a sting’ of compulsive obsessiveness in its tail whenever the Libra effect is unable or not prepared to consider, compare, reason with, and/or take in other(s) perspectives of situations as well.