Most accurate house system?

AppLeo

I just want everyone's opinion on what they think is the most accurate system.

I was doing some experimenting and amazingly found that whole signs is really accurate.. at least for me. It just kind of clicked.

Maybe I never really liked houses before because they weren't ever correct for me.

david starling

I was doing some experimenting and amazingly found that whole signs is really accurate.. at least for me. It just kind of clicked.

Maybe I never really liked houses before because they weren't ever correct for me.

Same here. I had actually discounted them as being important. But since then, using both Placidus and Whole-sign, I find that most people I can talk to about their lives are a better fit with Placidus. That's one reason I don't like cold readings, where you don't know anything about the individual.

JUPITERASC

I was doing some experimenting

and amazingly found that whole signs is really accurate..

at least for me. It just kind of clicked.
Maybe I never really liked houses before
because they weren't ever correct for me.
keep in mind that UNLESS time of birth is reliable :smile:
then no house system is "accurate" for chart based on unreliable time of birth

having said that
I use WHOLE SIGN HOUSES

waybread

It depends upon:

1. How accurate is the birth, horary question, or event time?

2. Placidus is really time-sensitive, but if the birth time is only an estimate, then there's no point in placing much faith on its house cusps.

3. High latitude births generate their own problems of house division. Imagine that you're near the Arctic Circle, with very long winter nights and very short summer nights, for example. Scandinavian astrologers apparently prefer equal houses, but then these are pretty artificial.

4. Many horary astrologers believe that Regiomontanus produces the best results.

5 Many traditionalists and Vedic astrologers prefer whole signs, and use methods other than house cusps to determine timing.

6. Koch and some of the newer house systems were designed to upgrade Placidus. You may or may not detect much difference.

7. Fundamentally the "best" house system is the one that best describes the given individual, question, or event. To determine this, it's important to have a good grasp of the many meanings of each house. If someone is a real home-body, for example, it would make more sense to see a focus on the 4th house, rather than the 9th house. But then the 9th house home-body might be an "armchair traveler" with a lot of good books about distant places. Or philosophy books. So you really have to play around with the different systems.

Astrodienst has a huge selection of house system options.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Placidus is a good one, it doesn't confuse me and I'm able to understand each house. Some house systems may not have even boundaries, which I have no problem with, it's a different interpretation of the natal charts. On mine, the 9th house speaks to me as a child of immigrants (I'm in So Ca, US - my father is from France and stepmother from Tanzania), and I grew up and still live in a largely ethnic diverse community. On my chart, Mercury in Pisces-9th squares Neptune in Sagittarius-6th and in between is the Sun/Moon conjunction (8th). The part 22' Sagittarius is one of immigrants and Neptune is in that degree.

waybread

So no one knows the most accurate house system..

Your point is too simplistic. Which is the one best automobile? Aside from the mechanical issues, doesn't it depend upon whether you're driving in mountain snow or in Florida, need a van for the hockey team or just you, need high gas mileage for the sake of economy, or what-have-you?

Let's just say it's a matter of debate. You will find devotees of different systems, each convinced their house system. is the best.

She repeats:

1. What are the assumptions and mathematics of each system? Which ones make the most sense to you? See this article by Michael Munkasey: https://www.scribd.com/doc/6495552/An-Astrological-House-Formulary

2. How accurate is your time? The accuracy of Placidus depends upon an absolutely correct birth/event time. If the birth time was rounded, then you lose the accuracy of the house cusps.

3. Which system best describes the person, event, or question under consideration? Regiomontanus might work best for horary, but not for a nativity. If you're asking about a child, for example, does the 5th house describe the issue?

4. Are you dealing with a high latitude?

5. Is your interpretive system Hellenistic or Vedic? If so, whole signs. If it's modern western, you'd probably use Placidus or Koch.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

So
no one knows
the
most accurate
house system..

Accuracy of delineation is dependent on the skill of the astrologer :smile:

578cf4bd5e58d5dd66f0aed6c4fa5657.png