Which Career Is BEST for Me???

AriesJupiter

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has any idea what career would be best for me...

Pluto is nearing my natal Neptune/Midheaven conjunction, & it is beginning to become that time already...

I am 23 years old, with some college experience, but have held off on school for the past while because I am looking for something of a more unique calling... I am quite artistic and inventive. However, I do understand that many things in this world (including starting a business) do require, or benefit from, a degree, so school is not out of the picture. I simply am at a cross-roads, I am quite young, and am trying to figure out what my life is about, before committing to much at the moment!

A little about me...

2 quarters of college (English & math) with 4.0 gpa {I do love school, by the way}
Interests include photography {& creative/artistic modeling}, psychology, art (in all forms), acting {improvization, comedy, creative, or intense/dramatic}, music {all genres- singing, percussion, beats, rap}, healing (especially natural remedies), health, spirituality, philosophy, physical movement (dance, aerobics, strength/endurance, etc.), astrology, interior decorating (interested in Feng Shui), public speaking, & basically anything that involves an artistic & inventive eye, ear, or sensation. (Taurus rising) I also love using my physical body (Mars Gemini- lots of energy) and I am a strong/steady woman. (although petite)
I think I would make a very good masseuse if I wanted to do that...

However, I do realize that many of my interests are probably not something that (realistically) I will pursue as a career (the Neptune influence!) So that's why I need some help, and am hoping people have some suggestions, even if (or especially) they are not amongst the listed interests. However, I did list them so that you could see a bit about my general personality...

Also, I am unemployed, & looking for an interesting job. (I worked as a waitress in really nice restaurants for years- but I am sick of that, & hoping there is something else out there for me) Any *job* ideas would be appreciated as well.

Anyway, what does my chart say about it? Transits? I have included both.

{1st Placidius, 2nd Equal, 3rd Koch, 4th Progressions/Transits}

Attachments

• My Edited Chart.jpg
    My Edited Chart.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 49
  • Equal House Chart.jpg
    Equal House Chart.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Koch Birth Chart.jpg
    Koch Birth Chart.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 31
  • Edited Chart w Progressions Transits.jpg
    Edited Chart w Progressions Transits.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

kshantaram

Premium Member
have the taurus ascendant representing food, money, speech. patience, energy - lord venus is elevated in the 12th house pisces giving an element of selflessness as a values while jupiter lord of the 9th house for higher learning and spirituality too is in the 12th house. mercury lord of the 6th house for employment matters too is in the 12th and sun of the 5th house for creativity elevated in aries there, the 5th house also suggesting working with children - spiritual children sun being in the 12th.

thus there is much focus on the 12th house which refers to isolated places and services like hospitals, hotels, jails, monasteries, etc. may have inclination for a selfless monastic life perhaps.

while moon of the 4th house for inner motivation and comprehension and saturn of the 10th house for career/karma are in the 8th house in philosophical saggitarius with lord jupiter in the 12th house for spirituality again/lord of 9th house too. moon/saturn could suggest spiritual quest in terms of self-enquiry, investigative work, research aptitude in the area of philosophy and the order of justice.

may like to study psychology and allied fields and take to counseling services or administration of missionary schools with a spiritual background - doing international research in the educational/spiritual field or psychology. the 12th house planets with rahu there suggest the international arena and working in foreign countries. ketu in the 6th house enables overcome opposition and good for spiritual work too dealing with foreign elements of life/life beyond unearthing the latent faculties.

the planets in the 12th/8th trine and co-oeprate with each other, jupiter of the 8th being in the 12th able to turn the challenges of life into personal victory and progress with elevated sun in the 12th.

thus selflessness, enquiry, teaching/counseling in the international arena establishing the order of justice seems to be the message of the chart.

in case interested in a relationship, mars of the 7th is in the 2nd house while juno is in the 11th house and could gain financially after marriage. venus in the 12th offers support from the partner. may be inclined to a mystique acquarius/reformer. mars in gemini could have inclination for logical enquiry, while money could come and go especially while mars is lord of the 12th house too for expenses. could be logical in speech while talking to others.
mars in gemini could have an indifferent attitude in relationships, perhaps.

with saturn of the 10th in the 8th with moon there could be ups and downs in career.

current jupiter is transiting over elevated venus in the 12th the next 3 months, venus is the lord of the ascendant too - could be moments of realising oneself, could promote a relationship, could promote dance opportunities international shows/exposure as pisces represents the feet while venus represents arts/glamour. jupiter will be touching the 12th planets in the next one year and providing such opportunities in the international area possibly with foreign travel opportunites possibly. transit jupiter is 5th from the moon too/trining.

transit saturn is elevated in libra the 6th house for job opportunites, 11th from the moon the house of gains, while health could be good with saturn in the 6th. the jupiter-saturn opposition however could delay things and cause stress in the process while transit saturn makes a debilated aspect on the 12th house and impacts the moon/natal saturn with the 3rd aspect experiencing psychological gloom and frustration perhaps the challenge thereof.

rahu the north node is transiting the 10th house and seeking field opportunities, while ketu in the 4th house could feel inner sense of isolation and could promote seperation from the motherland.

let saturn turn direct end May and things could sound better especially while saturn is in elevated in libra. perhaps mercury of the 6th cusp while being in the 12th may be inclined towards health services - wonder whether would be interested in psychiatry or forensic medicine, etc.

hope i have been able to give a range of relevant hints to pick up from,

wishing you well,

kram

AriesJupiter

Wow, Kram, that was amazing! Thank you so much!!!
What wonderfully valuable advice... Yes, I did very much think I was going to be a counselor or psychiatrist for a very long time (in early adulthood) but just haven't decided for sure if that's what I want to settle for... just because I get "antsy" and like excitement, so I haven't been able to figure out what is the right thing that will keep me passionate and happy for a long time.
I do have a strong interest in psychology, health, human relations, & logic.
(those were the next classes I was interested in signing up for when going to college- logic, health, & psychology) So... I don't know. I love human relations, too. So I have considered being a relationship counselor... or an astrologer or healer. (how though??!) I even thought of being a Preacher (religious- haha) or something... so I have literally thought of "everything".
Still not sure though.
The part about "international travel" sounds fascinating. I wonder what I could do that would involve me in that? I have no idea...
Also, dancing sounds fascinating. In my early twenties (I am still only 23) I really wanted to do something on film, TV, entertainment, dancing, acting, co-hosting, or modeling, or public-speaking type of thing... basically working in the media. Being some sort of public person. But somehow I decided I wasn't sure that's really what my life's supposed to be about... I can also be very isolated & meditative, so I just never ventured out of my nice, quiet little space, (even though it's not nice- I feel "held back" by myself & wish I had an outlet) even though I am not really shy, I love people and I'm quite charismatic & entertaining. So... I really just don't know what to do. I am very antsy, I feel like I am wasting my life right now just sitting around... but I just don't know how to make a move, or what to do... I'm very unsure of myself... (in this sense) I think it's my Aries intercepted. I'm scared to make a bold decision, even though I secretly feel very bold deep down.
I'd love to know if I should be bold and daring and go try to do something media-related (in the public eye) or if I should stay to myself... I'm not sure if I'm an introvert or an extrovert, because I an odd mixture of both. Very unafraid, bold, daring, talkative, social. But somewhat shy, scared, insecure, unsure, indecisive, meditative, questioning, spiritual, & passive. A bit of a loner, but only because I choose (I used to be the life of the party). I'm not sure about myself, I have been doing a lot of soul-searching, but haven't figured it out, so that's why I resorted to the stars, and thought I'd see if I could figure out my destiny this way...
I always imagined I'd be in a rock band or be famous or something (which could be wishful thinking- Neptune near Midheaven) but really, I never thought it would be this hard, because I am talented, but I guess I just second guess myself and stay closed off from the world... It's like I don't know if I will regret it if I expose myself to the public, I'm afraid of being "taken over" or becoming "untrue" to myself or something. I'm very concerned with being pure, natural, wholesome, honest, & true to myself...

Last edited:

kshantaram

Premium Member
it is nice having your feedback sharing the way you feel.

yes, most of the planets or practically all the planets are in the hidden houses 8/9/12 except for bold mars in the 2nd house of speech/finance in gemini the lord of which is again in the 12th house. pars fortuna is in the 9th house for luck, higher learning and spirituality and foreign travel. planets in the 12th are inwardly powerful and support in their own area of significations.

can be yourself and evolve gradually at your own pace patiently like the bull being focused on the goal.

regarding dance etc need not be a media person i presume - can just perform in a troupe which gives you the exposure and if you appear in the media thereby that would be a bonus and you need to get attached to the exposure - you perform for your satisfaction, not longing for exposure per se.

hope this helps,

wishing you well,

kram

You will more than get as many varied answers as you yourself have suggested here. I am wrong side of 50 now and am 'still looking' for my calling.......

Your chart ruler venus in 11th is the main house focus of group activities, large organisations, even local politics, then we must look at 12th and 8th house. 12th being 'cadent' hidden and sometimes called the house of 'self undoing' and 8th being rather 'psychic' goods of the deceased, other people's finances (so bank work, insurance, inheritances) detective work.

Your Lessons this lifetime (N Node) are in 12th house matters in Aries, becoming more independence upfront and direct and to the point rather than libra (trying please everyone and balance everything)
http://www.cafeastrology.com/nodesofthemoon.html

"A tendency to worry unremittingly, to be plagued by vague (and sometimes not so vague) feelings of guilt about under-performing, to lack faith and trust in a larger more spiritual plan, and to over-analyze ourselves and others are some of the issues this position suggests. With this position, we need to put some faith in spiritual powers or the "big picture", to let go of some of our fears that we are not doing enough, to love ourselves and others with more compassion and understanding, and to be humble, feeling safe in the knowledge that we (and others) are not perfect. We need to trust and develop our imagination, as well as our capacity for compassion"
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/northnodeinpisces.html

to read the rest just click on link. But considering S Node is in 6th which can be overly concerned with health and worrying and paying too much attention to details and more details --

Hobbies & sports
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/astrology_hobbies_and_sport.php
Money & you
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/money_and_you.php

career significators
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/significators.html
Professional & Destiny
http://www.astrotheme.com/files/astrology_professional_destiny.php
Karma & planets +retrograde
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290

waybread

I'd say, become a clinical psychologist. But check the required qualifications for a practice where you live. In Canada [where I live] the minimal requirement is a Master's degree [you can also counsel people with a Master's in social work.] A Ph. D. is better. You have to be committed to your education for the semi-long haul. Fortunately you have some solid higher education placements in your chart. Just don't take on a lot of debt to get there.

Why psychology? You are a strong "12th chord" person, with your 12th house sun, highly elevated Neptune, and Venus in Pisces. These give you an affinity for understanding human suffering. The sun in the 12th house is actually a kind of "serve or suffer" placement, but you can serve humanity by helping them work through their problems.

You have a yod formation pointing to Pluto conjunct your DC. Pluto is the cosmic surgeon who loves to get to the bottom of things. On the DC, you should have an affinity for one-on-one counseling sessions. That 8th house moon reinforces that you are OK with the underside of humanity; and in Sagittarius, that you would like to study it.

Hey, it's your life. But that's the report from where I sit!

dhundhun

Hi,
Interests include photography {& creative/artistic modeling}, psychology, art (in all forms), acting {improvization, comedy, creative, or intense/dramatic}, music {all genres- singing, percussion, beats, rap}, healing (especially natural remedies), health, spirituality, philosophy, physical movement (dance, aerobics, strength/endurance, etc.), astrology, interior decorating (interested in Feng Shui), public speaking, & basically anything that involves an artistic & inventive eye, ear, or sensation. (Taurus rising) I also love using my physical body (Mars Gemini- lots of energy) and I am a strong/steady woman. (although petite)
I think I would make a very good masseuse if I wanted to do that...

Best energies can be expressed in the form of being a physical therapist. Chart has strengths as if, it can bring life - like re-construction.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Best energies can be expressed in the form of being a physical therapist. Chart has strengths as if, it can bring life - like re-construction.

I second this. I had a vocational astrology reading about two years ago, and this was one of the suggestions I received. You have a similar Aries-Gemini dynamic in your natal chart.

Arian Maverick

waybread

I don't dispute the physiotherapy recommendation at all. I think you'd be good at it.

I've been in physiotherapy several times, and one thing I find is that young physiotherapists seem to like to work with young fit bodies, as in sports injury physiotherapy. But the people who oftentimes need physiotherapy are the patients who are older, in poor physical shape, or victims of serious injuries. So it is important to feel comfortable around all kinds of bodies.

AriesJupiter

Thank you, ALL, for your wonderful, thoughtful responses!!! :smile:

It seems the healing theme is a trend... either psychological or physical.
My father always tells me I'd make an excellent counselor, and I've always thought that would be my "fall back plan" if I never thought of a better idea (it's something I think I would find satisfying, and would provide a comfortable income).
Physical therapy is something I have never considered, but I do love healing others (or the idea of it) especially elderly or disabled; I find great joy in helping the disadvantaged. So, it is something I will keep in mind...
Another thing I forgot to mention... I have always had a strong desire to help the homeless, poor, or underprivileged. I don't know if it shows in my chart, but I have always just wanted to help everybody, really! I like the idea of balancing everything out, creating peace, happiness, & good health for everybody... my greatest desire is that we can all live the lives we were created to live (without great suffering). It seems possible, if we could all just "get" it right...
I have always wanted to have foster children, and provide a good home upbringing for them. I had a bit of a "poor" upbringing myself, and always wished everybody could just have what they need. So, I've also considered being a child psychologist, working in a school, or working for low income people, something like a "social worker" sort...
Anyway, THANK you SO much for all of your feedback! It is so nice of everybody to chime in... it means a lot to me! This is something I have been wondering about for a long time (what my astrology says about my career).
Please, anybody else who has something to say, please let me know! I will keep watching this topic and see if there is more advice or ideas out there for me... Thank you so much!!! :happy:

Wow...

so many choices! I personally find all of your interests quite similar to mine, and I shadow/mirror a lot of your feelings, doubts, ambitions, desires, and well, overall reality. My dad never suggested clinical therapy as a profession for me to fall back on, he was altogether absent in that process for me, but my mom indirectly said they would push me into Law if I didn't make a decision soon. Friends have said basically all of the above, but my heart just doesn't know... I need help in this department SO badly. Someone to critically evaluate my skills, but really, to just encourage me to do it.

>I'm 23, like you.<

I too have Neptune Angular, in Capricorn. It's an incredibly hard position but I also think incredibly powerful. I'm learning the trick is to see the practicality in the glamor, and the glamor in the practicality. I have Venus in Virgo trine my Neptune, what's practical, natural really, is what seems best.

With Neptune you're allowed to imagine, so maybe sit down and imagine how it would feel to do each of the things you discussed. I do it, and create whole feelings/self-identifiers associated just with those images I get of myself in each profession. I then notice over time which associations/sensations endure and repeat themselves. I also see which ones come to the surface depending on the kinds of company I choose. I then also note how I feel letting the association totally take me over in each moment it reveals itself. "I feel like a doctor right now, how does this feel, being treated like a doctor?" And I do it with all things. I particularly like EMT and Police Officer, or Lawyer, just cause of the energy rush. Nothing like imagining yourself in the career of your dreams to get your blood rushing!

For me, I think it's a creative endeavor, but one that well, also makes a lot of money, gives me power, and puts me in front of people. Arrogant? No, just being honest. :biggrin:

But I also most sincerely and most certainly, what to help others, many others, and to bring them peace, love, and wholeness.

I have my own limitations there, as do you, Sun in the 12th house needs a LOT of support. If your father has proven himself a worthy sense of support in your life, maybe he could really help, but with Neptune there on the MC, I'd be dreaming bigger dreams than therapy.

Then again, I have Pluto in Scorpio in the 10th conjunct my MC, sextile Neptune in Capricorn in the 12th conjunct ASC, so for me, two outer planets are angular, so my experience with dreaming and realizing and actualizing, has been a bit different. Lots of issues with power. :biggrin:

Hope this helps!

mod.

Last edited:

Claire19

it is nice having your feedback sharing the way you feel.

yes, most of the planets or practically all the planets are in the hidden houses 8/9/12 except for bold mars in the 2nd house of speech/finance in gemini the lord of which is again in the 12th house. pars fortuna is in the 9th house for luck, higher learning and spirituality and foreign travel. planets in the 12th are inwardly powerful and support in their own area of significations.

can be yourself and evolve gradually at your own pace patiently like the bull being focused on the goal.

regarding dance etc need not be a media person i presume - can just perform in a troupe which gives you the exposure and if you appear in the media thereby that would be a bonus and you need to get attached to the exposure - you perform for your satisfaction, not longing for exposure per se.

hope this helps,

wishing you well,

kram
I agree with what you say mostly but speech as a function belongs to Mercury and Gemini. Taurus is our mouth, tongue,lips it is true and the throat but it our voice rather. Sorry to be pedantic but there is a difference. I also agree that her planets are mostly hidden or behind the scenes and not conducive to a public life on the world stage. An interpreter at law courts etc is one option. Psychological profiling for criminal matters and forensics other ideas too. The higher courts belong to the 9th house and the seeking after universal truth and concern for morality, ethics and justice.

Last edited: