chart ruler and the house rulers

or1000

so i want to ask some of you, how you view the chart ruler and make analysis based on the house ruler.
eg moon chart ruler (cancer ascendant) and the 4th house (moon ruled) has lilith chiron and mars in there.

JUPITERASC

so i want to ask some of you, how you view the chart ruler
and make analysis based on the house ruler.
eg moon chart ruler (cancer ascendant)
and the 4th house (moon ruled)
has lilith chiron and mars in there.
an often asked question - previous discussion provides definitive answers :smile:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48463
The type of Delineation I'm giving here is a mix of medieval techniques with those of the Hellenistic authors.

Here are some tips for delineating the chart in this manner.

1. The good or bad signified by a house emanates from the ruler of the house.
This is the basic rule. The ruler of the house is giver of the material of the house.

Zoller gives the example of his own chart where he has Combusted Mercury in 11th, ruler of 4th. He comments that this kind of placement brings adversity to ones home and dwellings.

2. Benefit in one area of life can be produced by adversity, or even conflict, in another.

Again Zoller gives example from his own chart.
Jupiter in 9th in Scorpio disposited from Mars in 11th: Wisdom coming from conflicts.

3. The delineation tells you the what. The
predictive techniques tell you the when.

4. The Elemental Quality of the Sign of the Ascendant is showing the type of Primary Motivation of the native.
Fire goes for freedom of action and power.
Air goes for freedom of expression and movement.
The Water signs need emotional security
Earth signs need physical security.

The person with masculine Ascendant (or majority of planets in masculine signs) speaks in active terms: "I did this to that person".
The person with feminine sign on Ascendant or majority planets in feminine signs, speaks in passive terms: "This happened to me".

The Feminine signs seek advice because they need second hand in their decisions, in fact they want someone else to make the decision for them.
Masculine signs seek advice because they have many options so they are not sure which option is better.

Cardinal signs are most active. Cardinal water and earth (Cancer and Capricorn) are working great amount of actions but in circumstances and environment structured already by someone else.
Libra and Aries (Cardinal masculine) are working great in any kind of circumstances.

Fixed signs are centripetal, they need center. They are very successful in Acquisations.
Taurus hoards money.
Leo hoards glory and honor.
Scorpio hoards the hidden things, hidden motivations of other people, seek energy and vitality.
Aquarius hoards Knowledge.

Mutable signs vacillate between the two: cardinal and fixed.

5. Examine the planets which most closely aspects the Ascendant. These planets add to the whole Primary Motivation thing.

Planets aspecting the Ascendant represent powers the native can use in the world.

The aspecting planet's local determination will be added to the Primary
Motivation.
(Venus in 5th will add love for pleasure and entertainment to the native's Primary Motivation).

The aspect between the aspecting planet and the Ascendant tells you how the being of the planet and its local determination are linked.

6. The Ruler of the Ascendant by its house position tells you where (what area of life) the native will seek to realize his/her Primary Motivation.

Look also at all 5 dignity rulers in the place of the ASC. The Almuten and Exalted ruler are lamost as significant as the domicile ruler (sometimes even more).

The Ruler of the Ascendant (as well as the other rulers) by its nature and zodiacal state shows the methods the native will use and the success or failure of the drive.

This is great quote by Zoller:

Lets assume that a person has Cancer on the Ascendant,
The primary motivation of this person is the Need for Emotional Security.
The ruler/s of the Ascendant and their zodiacal and local state will determine How would this be achieved.

Lets assume Moon on IC in Libra Peregrine.
Jupiter in 6th (but 7th sign!) in Capricorn.
Venus in Sag in 6th - Peregrine.
Mars in Scorpio in 4th (but 5th sign!)
Saturn (term ruler) is in 5th Scorpio Peregrine.

We can see that Moon is strong by accident (being on angle), so we can judge first from there.
The need for Emotional Security this person would seek in the home, in the place of the father. The father would be the means through which this person would try to achieve the Emotional Security.
Jupiter - the exalted ruler is weak by being cadent, Venus too. They can't produce much in giving the emotional security this person seeks.
Jupiter by universal means suggest that the native would seek wisdom, religion (and the person actually did!) but by being cadent and in fall, it can't productively give what it promise.
Mars is in 4/5th and is strong by zodiacal state, but is out of sect malefic.
It would try to win competitions, but also with Saturn in 5th will give great deal of creativity. Mars rules the 10th - creativity and looking for career, would also give some amount of emotional security for this person. But by being square with Sun in 7th it means that it will have opposition from authorities and other people in general.

The primary motivation is great deal of what we unconsciously and often consciously seek for. Once that motivation is broken or someone interrupt it, we seek to fix that in the every possible way we can do that.

I will continue with the tips in my next post.
7. Position is stronger than rulership.

Aries on 5th house cusp. Jupiter in Aries.
Juptier is having much more important for the issues of the house then the ruler Mars.

8. The planet in detriment can not produce effectively what it promise.

9.The house represents the beginning of a matter, the ruler of the house,
represents the development of the matter, a kind of middle
point, and the final dispositor, i.e. the planet that rules the sign in which
the ruler is placed represents the end of the matter.

10. The planet which is closest to cusp is the most important in the house and dominates the affairs of the house, because of the rule that position is stronger than rulership, unless the ruler of the house is also in the house.

11. Planets can do 3 things. They can produce something,
they can deny something, or they can destroy something once it has been
produced.

greybeard

Ascendant ruler is "lord of the Horoscope". Because the Horoscope is the Ascendant, and the Ascendant is "the Beginning", and modern science says that "the final outcome of anything is dependent on initial conditions", and also because the entire destiny is shown at the Ascendant...the ruler of the Ascending sign acquires special power.

You mention planets that occupy your 4th house. Well and good, but more important is the condition of Moon, lord of the horoscope.

Morin suggests, in delineating any house, the following:

1. Lord of the house cusp.
2. Planets in the house, especially those nearer the cusp.
3. Aspects to the house cusp, and then to planets in the house.

I have Cancer rising. Moon is in Libra, intercepted in 4th. She beholds 2 partile minor aspects, and a couple of separating majors. She is in the terms of Venus, as is the Asc degree, with Venus prominent and powerful, in her own terms but heavily afflicted. So Venus is brought to the fore in affairs of the Ascendant....

You do well in looking to the 4th, but this is supplementary to the Asc, not primary. (If Mars is strongly angular, he becomes more important.) I have Neptune closely conjunct IC.

The general characteristics of the rising sign will show up in the life. Cancer suggests: a "mother-complex", the importance of childhood nurture (or often lack thereof), a mystical outlook (possibly)...etc. But the main thing is the condition of the lord of the sign.

In my chart, proper interpretation of Moon as lord of the horoscope first requires an understanding of Venus because she has such a powerful influence over all the main factors tied to the Asc.

helike13

What happens to a house if its ruler is placed in the 12th?

Does that mean no possible outcomes regarding that house?

greybeard

For example, the 12th contains ambush, assassination, kidnapping, extortion, plots and eating at McDonald's (self-destructive acts).

greybeard

The 12th, among other things, symbolizes "selfless service to others". This is one way, and a very good way, out of a dark corner.

The 12th also represents "death of the ego", or "self-sacrifice in service to others". The 12th is also Bondage, in all its myriad forms. But it is also "liberation from bondage", which ensues from death of the ego.

Last edited:

greybeard

The 12th is also "self-destruction" or "self-defeating acts". It is "isolation", usually but not always under compulsion (prison, hermitage, etc.).

Here we find "repressed contents", the psychological stuff we are not yet capable of facing consciously...another form of bondage, because the repressed contents control us, unseen.

I had a client in Mexico. Both her husband and her adult daughter had Mars in 12. He was a detective with the state police, she was warden of the state penitentiary for women. As you can see, the horoscope works itself out, with or without knowledge of astrology.

I had a friend, Pluto in Leo 12th. Leo rising. Sun square Pluto from Scorpio 4th. He committed suicide when the transit of Pluto EXACTLY, to the minute of arc, reached the semisquare to natal Sun. He had spent 18 of his 45 years in the toughest prisons. His suicide might appear to have been an act of personal will, but old astrologers know better. Tick-tock, tick-tock, the hands of the celestial clock signal life's events, and we have no voice in the affair.

The world is not a democracy.

Last edited:

greybeard

And more...
"Unexpected help from unsuspected benefactors" is 12th house.

So...Ruler of another house in 12th...
Which other house?
Which of the planets is it?
What is the planet's condition?
Etc.

I have Jupiter in Gemini 12th.
It has literally saved my life several times, even though I was unaware of the danger. Jupiter is lord of 6 & 10.

Let's take the MC, 10th. The 12th is a dark house; it is obscure. So here we have an indication of "obscurity" affecting 10th house affairs. I am unlikely to become famous, based on this single chart element. The career may be somehow involved with the occult. The lord of Jupiter and the 12th is in the 8th, also a dark house, occult. Aha. We find Mercury in biquintile Neptune, who is in exact conjunction IC, in 4th (also a dark house), and Mercury rules both Jupiter and Neptune....and Neptune is co-ruler of MC. Once again, lord of MC in obscurity.

Always look to the chart as a whole.

Look for repetition of theme. If you see it once, could be...see it twice, high probability...thrice, go to the bank.

Don't try to impose things on the chart. Instead, let the chart talk to you...be receptive.

There are 4 basic sets of symbols in astrology; master them. [planets, signs, houses, aspects] All the other stuff will fall into place. Simplify.

JUPITERASC

And more...
"Unexpected help from unsuspected benefactors" is 12th house.

So...Ruler of another house in 12th...
Which other house?
Which of the planets is it?
What is the planet's condition?
Etc.

I have Jupiter in Gemini 12th.
It has literally saved my life several times, even though I was unaware of the danger. Jupiter is lord of 6 & 10.

Let's take the MC, 10th. The 12th is a dark house; it is obscure. So here we have an indication of "obscurity" affecting 10th house affairs. I am unlikely to become famous, based on this single chart element. The career may be somehow involved with the occult. The lord of Jupiter and the 12th is in the 8th, also a dark house, occult. Aha. We find Mercury in biquintile Neptune, who is in exact conjunction IC, in 4th (also a dark house), and Mercury rules both Jupiter and Neptune....and Neptune is co-ruler of MC. Once again, lord of MC in obscurity.

Always look to the chart as a whole.

Look for repetition of theme. If you see it once, could be...see it twice, high probability...thrice, go to the bank.

Don't try to impose things on the chart. Instead, let the chart talk to you...be receptive.

There are 4 basic sets of symbols in astrology; master them. [planets, signs, houses, aspects] All the other stuff will fall into place. Simplify.
take heed and listen to the voice of experience :smile:

helike13

One more thing....

I had my first Saturn Return in 2014.

Instead of he forced me to confront the house where he is placed in.... Rather he forced me into the house he rules (Capricorn on the cusp). And he denied me to deal with the house he is placed in since then.

He said:

Until now you haven't been able to produce any tangible results regarding the house I'm placed in so forget about it and from now on you'll deal with the house I rule