Superstitions about birds

deanna

Just wondering if anyone had any knowledge about any folklore about birds pecking on houses.

A strange thing happened a few minutes ago: I had a beautiful Woodpecker with a read head pecking above my window while I was at my computer. I tried to take a picture but he flew away. I have read that if a bird flies into your house is a sign of death?

I can't find much on the web about birds and Superstitions and the only thing that I read about Woodpeckers is that if it was Valentines day it would mean that I will not marry and be an old maid (Ha)

Just wondering if anyone knew more.

Best Regards,

Deanna

deanna

Wow!

I did not know this ! Thank-you for sharing this information with me-I will take it to heart and work towards it!
The Woodpecker was at my window again. I still could not get a photo. What a beautiful bird ! Pecks real loud.

I think back to a friend who had a 2 birds visit and stay at his window after his mother passed away. His mother predicted this before she passed.

Also Cynthia Lennon, John Lennon's first wife claimed that after John passed he came back and visited her through a black bird in her back yard.

Best Regards,

Deanna M. Olson

deanna

JerryRR replied:

When the Woodpecker comes into your life it symbolizes the power of rhythm and discirimination.
In European folklore is regarded as a weather prophet,indicating forthcoming changes.Sometimes desribed as the thunderbird.
The Woodpecker is connected to heartbeat of the Earth in the Native American tradition.
The red representing the stimulation and awakening of new mental faculties and to stimulate new rhythms in your life affecting your physical energies.
Maybe you may need to drum up some new changes and energy in your life.
Follow you own unique rhythms.:)

flea

http://www.sayahda.com/cyc5.html

this is a great animal totem site and has some information about woodpeckers. I often look at what animals and birds come into my life from time to tmie to see what messages they may bring..... usually spot on.

a reasonant flea

starlink

Flea, thank you very much for this link. It is really interesting and also in my case very true. I love butterfly's, I often wear a large, from stone carved butterfly as a pendant and many people comment on it. I found a butterfly last week in my home, near the door to the terrace. Brown with orange and yelllow markings. I picked it up and put it on one of my plants outside. It could still fly. Now reading the tomem, it indeed showed in what sort of state change I was in. Very interesting. Another one is the little Robin readbreast. Every year he comes back and hips on the grass in front of my window or sits on the fence. I cant stop staring at him, I just love him and always am very happy to see him back. So those are my two most important animals.

PS: I also think we could use this when we dream about a certain animal. Look up the meaning in this link and you might figure out what is bothering you or it might tell you what to do.

Starlink

Last edited:

flea

a i have a funny story about a robin redbreast, they have a version of one in australia. I was at a workshop and noticed one outside the window, and mention this to the lady seated next to me... then I asked her name and it was robyn!!! Also just google power anuimals and totems there are heaps of sites. http://www.e-tarocchi.com/animalspirits/index.php also does readings with animal cards.

flea

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew that my girlfiend had concieved our first child when we saw an owl sitting on the guttering over the front door of our house (we lived in the city). Our girl was born with Moon/Uranus/Pallas conjunction. The Owl representing Pallas Athena.