Plutonian Energy

theoddone

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me understand how to handle Plutonian energy. I am a Scorpio ascendant with Pluto in the 1st house and I don't think I'm handling that energy very well. I tend to get extremely obsessive when it comes to people and when they burn me, I have a tendency to want to be vengeful against them. From my understanding of individuals with a strong Pluto gracing their natal charts, those are common feelings. I also get irritated very easily and occasionally want to physically destroy stuff but I'm not too sure if that has to with Pluto or Mars, which I have in Sagittarius. Should I suppress it or would that definitely be unhealthy for a Scorpio ascendant?

I'm also a Scorpio ascendant with thanatophobia (death fear), which is ironic considering death shouldn't bother us at all as that's an 8th house issue, which I know Scorpio rules. And yes, I'm aware that Saturn rules death so I'm not sure if it's a Pluto or Saturn thing on that.

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place and thanks in advance.

greybeard

Pluto wants to control, but is himself beyond control.

And here you are, caught by Pluto, wanting to control what is beyond control.

Rather than focusing on control you might consider calmly and lovingly getting to know and accept yourself -- the good, the bad and the ugly.

theoddone

Pluto wants to control, but is himself beyond control.

And here you are, caught by Pluto, wanting to control what is beyond control.

Rather than focusing on control you might consider calmly and lovingly getting to know and accept yourself -- the good, the bad and the ugly.

I'm starting to do that already with journal writing so that I can know myself better. Thanks.

greybeard

Perhaps the Aztec god Tezcatlipoca will interest you.

His name means Smoking Mirror. He makes his enemies look into the mirror, where they see themselves as they really are... and are devastated.

There is a lot to be learned from his myth. His cult is still alive among Native peoples in Mexico and the US.

theoddone

Perhaps the Aztec god Tezcatlipoca will interest you.

His name means Smoking Mirror. He makes his enemies look into the mirror, where they see themselves as they really are... and are devastated.

There is a lot to be learned from his myth. His cult is still alive among Native peoples in Mexico and the US.

I just read a bit about him. He seems very Plutonic.

greybeard

I just read a bit about him. He seems very Plutonic.

He is a god of war. He is The Enemy. He is in the enemy camp, and more importantly, he is in your camp, always.

As Pogo (the really cool comic strip character from my younger days) said, "I have met the enemy, and the enemy is us."

greybeard

He is the god of crossroads -- the intersections of life -- where he sometimes puts Temptation at the roadside and watches to see what you do.

He sacrificed his foot to save Humanity.

My son's middle name is Tezcatl (smoking). Very fitting...he has Pluto rising, tightly conjunct the Asc.

theoddone

I can see why he would be suited for being on Scorpio ascendants' side. That rising sign is considered the spiritual warrior's path.

greybeard

I can see why he would be suited for being on Scorpio ascendants' side. That rising sign is considered the spiritual warrior's path.

As well as the terrorist, the hardened criminal, the religious zealot....all or nothing, isolation and abandonment, obsession and paranoia, broken taboos, life-and'death struggles in real life....

Last edited:

theoddone

As well as the terrorist, the hardened criminal, the religious zealot....all or nothing, isolation and abandonment, obsession and paranoia, broken taboos, life-and'death struggles in real life....

That's definitely Scorpio rising.

I don't think my Scorpio ascendant has to do with my fear of death but my Capricorn stellium does. I have Sun, Uranus, Neptune, Saturn, and Mercury in that sign. Sun also conjuncts Saturn.

greybeard

That's Pluto rising. Planets are points of concentrated energy; they act. Signs are more diffuse fields of energy; they immerse.

If I were afraid of death I would do everything in my power to kill that fear. What an onerous burden.

theoddone

That's Pluto rising. Planets are points of concentrated energy; they act. Signs are more diffuse fields of energy; they immerse.

If I were afraid of death I would do everything in my power to kill that fear. What an onerous burden.

Is Pluto rising the same as Scorpio rising? If not, what's the difference?

I tried visiting one of my area's local cemeteries a few times to help disperse that fear. I had a very strange experience the last time I went and it makes me not want to go back.