Cause of death?

Catatonia

@Catatonia: Her cause of death is an illness mixed with some chronic disease she had already (and we got to the conclusion that it had something to do with lungs).

What do you mean by "death from a nervous disorder?" Is it maybe a suicide as a result of some problem related to nerves, or......?

Mercury rules the central nervous system. It might have been a nerves-related disease. It's a little ironic before I'd posted ANYTHING I was going to put "something related with the lungs" and then I just said...nahhh. heh!

I wonder what the mixed chronic disease is. Saturn rules bones and Jupiter has rulership over indulgence, so it might have been diabetes or cancer of some sort...

So difficult!

Backy

Ah, you think something like Parkinson's disease ? ( as a disease of nervous sistem)

I am asking that because I never heard that someone died from.....nerves to say so. Is it possible for someone to die from nerves actually ?

I think it could be asthma, as I said here.

Backy

And another question.........

We are looking at Mercury here, because it is natally in her 6th house of diseases here? That is what we usually look at first, when we are searching for potential disseases that could harm natus' life?

Catatonia

And another question.........

We are looking at Mercury here, because it is natally in her 6th house of diseases here? That is what we usually look at first, when we are searching for potential disseases that could harm natus' life?

Determining an astrological cause of death is extremely difficult. The 6th house might give us a vague idea of her general health, but determining the cause of death has so much more to it. You have to look at all the major planets, tight aspects, benefic/malefic status, which houses they are situated in, progressions, transits... too much!

It's possible to die from a nervous disorder...

Our nerves are responsible for basically everything in our bodies.. The only reason we feel is because of our nerves.. :)

I think Mercury was responsible for her death. It may have been asthma, chronic bronchitis, or epilepsy. She probably hyperventilated a lot.

Last edited:

Backy

So you think she may had epilepsy instead of asthma?

Hmmm, I don't know what to say.........

But looking at her transits for middle of March, is there something interesting we can find out? That is when I was told her health began to collapse, and don't know what happened, didn't even want to ask that much.......

But is there something more we can find out from the astrological point of view when looking at the transits for March?

Thanks a lot for your contribution :smile:

Catatonia

So you think she may had epilepsy instead of asthma?

Hmmm, I don't know what to say.........

But looking at her transits for middle of March, is there something interesting we can find out? That is when I was told her health began to collapse, and don't know what happened, didn't even want to ask that much.......

But is there something more we can find out from the astrological point of view when looking at the transits for March?

Thanks a lot for your contribution :smile:

You already mentioned asthma that's why I chose not to put it, but it was probably a cause.

Let's see...March...

Did March in Leo Retrograde station direct in March? Ahh yes :)

March is actually in Leo in her natal chart, so it was a recurring transit.

Secondly, Jupiter (ruler of her 6th) was in Pisces for a little while until it slipped into Aries. Let's see if I can put this into perspective. Her natal 7th is ruled by Saturn because it's in Capricorn, but since her Lot of Fortune is in Libra that makes her turned Fortune 7th house Aries, which is ruled by Mars. When Jupiter left Pisces in her Fortune 6th, it went into Aries and entered the setting place (7th house) which is actually one of the traditional aphorisms of death (and nowadays people think marriage is death...). Jupiter's Aries ingress actually coincided with her death, preceded by the Mars transit.

Although I'm not a fan of using Uranus, Nep, or Pluto in my interpretations in this case it's blatantly clear that Pluto just went over her Mercury in her natal 7th (setting place).

At first I was little surprised that this woman could have died in a Jupiter profected year when it was so well situated in her natal chart. The retrograde made me wonder, but NOW that I see her Fortune 7th is ruled by Aries and she died as soon as it entered that sign, it become clear..

Inflammation of the lungs for sure.

Catatonia

Lkb273

I've had people tell me their Sun is the Hyleg, then I look at the chart, and the Sun is in the 4th House. I say, "Really? What tables are you using?" and they give you a blank stare, and then you remind them that Ptomey's and Dorotheus' terms aren't the same, and they give you another blank stare. QUOTE]

I've recently been looking into this, and I am looking at a chart with the sun (sag) in the 4th that shares the house with mercury, saturn, and venus behind it (in that order going counterclockwise). The 4th is ruled by virgo, though. Jupiter sits conj just above the descendant in aquarius. Pluto is in the 3rd (ruled by libra) with mars chasing it in the 3rd as well. I read both Ptomey's and Dorotheus' theories, and in one instance the ascendant should be used, the sun in the other instance. The ascendant (leo) only has the moon chasing it (moon in the 12th).

I want to understand the two theories more, I guess. I don't have enough information. I'm also having issues with the houses describing the type of ailment. Do you know of a resource that provides a good description of interpretation of the pars hyleg or hyleg?

Lkb273

I've had people tell me their Sun is the Hyleg, then I look at the chart, and the Sun is in the 4th House. I say, "Really? What tables are you using?" and they give you a blank stare, and then you remind them that Ptomey's and Dorotheus' terms aren't the same, and they give you another blank stare.

I've recently been looking into this, and I am looking at a chart with the sun (sag) in the 4th that shares the house with mercury, saturn, and venus behind it (in that order going clockwise). The 4th is ruled by virgo, though. Jupiter sits conj just above the descendant in aquarius. Pluto is in the 3rd (ruled by libra) with mars chasing it in the 3rd as well. I read both Ptomey's and Dorotheus' theories, and in one instance the ascendant should be used, the sun in the other instance. The ascendant (leo) only has the moon chasing it (moon in the 12th).

I want to understand the two theories more, I guess. I don't have enough information. I'm also having issues with the houses describing the type of ailment. Do you know of a resource that provides a good description of interpretation of the pars hyleg or hyleg?

Last edited:

dr. farr

+Dreamhouse attic on internet (google "pars hyleg") gives a good deal of practical and reliable information, regarding the pars hyleg and the more complex calculation of the hyleg itself;
+ Raphael, in his "Medical Astrology", states that for most practical astromedical purposes the simple allocation of Moon in female and Sun in male to represent the hyleg, will work quite well (and I have found this largely true in actual practice, although it is a rather general indication)
+Cornell in his Encyclopedia of Medical Astrology is a key reference resource for house/disease/imbalance connections/allocations
+Paulus Alexandrianus (358 AD) goes into hyleg-related calculations, which we can find with explanatory notes in Greenbaum's "Late Classical Astrology"

(PS: whenever I find a conflict between what Ptolemy says and what Dorotheus-or Manilius-says, I take as valid Dorotheus (or Manilius) EVERY time!!!)