Was told that research or becoming a teacher would be the best for me.

Not sure what I should teach though. Thinking of herbalist, but don't know if natal charts can show if someone has a green thumb or not. Also wondering if I should actually go to a college to become a professor or do an online certificate.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_angelica_diaz.74072.24466.jpg
    astro_2gw_angelica_diaz.74072.24466.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 18

Osamenor

Staff member
It sounds like whoever told you that was looking at your midheaven ruler. In your case, that's the sun (ruler of Leo). It's in Gemini, which is associated with teaching, and the eighth house, which tends to deal with hidden things. Research is eighth house because it's about uncovering what is hidden. For that reason, it's also associated with Scorpio, and since you have Scorpio rising, that's another indicator.

However, there are many career possibilities in every birth chart. Not all of them will be what you personally are interested in and able to pursue. If teacher or researcher doesn't resonate for you, there will be something else that does, and if it resonates for you, it's compatible with your birth chart. If teacher or researcher does resonate for you, then it comes down to what's feasible for you to pursue.

Astrologers giving career advice don't usually suggest herbalist because herbalist is not a mainstream career, so it's not something people tend to think of when they're thinking of career possibilities. If you're interested in herbalism, that in and of itself is reason enough to pursue it. Herbalists can be teachers and researchers, too, as well as practitioners, gardeners, and just about anything to do with plants, so you could even be a teacher and/or researcher as an herbalist. Many herbalists teach herbalism. Researching possible uses for herbal medicine is part of the practice.

There was a discussion on here a while back about sun in the eighth house, and someone observed that eighth house sun people tend to choose careers that help others. Psychologist, clergy, social worker, teacher, medical practitioner, astrologer... those are all potentially linked with the eighth house. So is herbalist. I have an eighth house sun, and I'm in herbalism school right now.

If you're thinking of being a professor, that's quite different. You do have to go to college for that, and graduate school, too. Just an online certificate won't get you there. Same thing with being a teacher, or a researcher (even if not the professor kind). As for herbalism, while there are online classes in it available, if you're going into practice, you really need to get your hands on the herbs in person. It can't all be learned online.

It sounds like whoever told you that was looking at your midheaven ruler. In your case, that's the sun (ruler of Leo). It's in Gemini, which is associated with teaching, and the eighth house, which tends to deal with hidden things. Research is eighth house because it's about uncovering what is hidden. For that reason, it's also associated with Scorpio, and since you have Scorpio rising, that's another indicator.

However, there are many career possibilities in every birth chart. Not all of them will be what you personally are interested in and able to pursue. If teacher or researcher doesn't resonate for you, there will be something else that does, and if it resonates for you, it's compatible with your birth chart. If teacher or researcher does resonate for you, then it comes down to what's feasible for you to pursue.

Astrologers giving career advice don't usually suggest herbalist because herbalist is not a mainstream career, so it's not something people tend to think of when they're thinking of career possibilities. If you're interested in herbalism, that in and of itself is reason enough to pursue it. Herbalists can be teachers and researchers, too, as well as practitioners, gardeners, and just about anything to do with plants, so you could even be a teacher and/or researcher as an herbalist. Many herbalists teach herbalism. Researching possible uses for herbal medicine is part of the practice.

There was a discussion on here a while back about sun in the eighth house, and someone observed that eighth house sun people tend to choose careers that help others. Psychologist, clergy, social worker, teacher, medical practitioner, astrologer... those are all potentially linked with the eighth house. So is herbalist. I have an eighth house sun, and I'm in herbalism school right now.

If you're thinking of being a professor, that's quite different. You do have to go to college for that, and graduate school, too. Just an online certificate won't get you there. Same thing with being a teacher, or a researcher (even if not the professor kind). As for herbalism, while there are online classes in it available, if you're going into practice, you really need to get your hands on the herbs in person. It can't all be learned online.
Ok thanks so much for the info. I am currently just a security guard and would like to do something else and herbs really interest me. As for school, it will take a while till I can go back for money reasons and also always had problems with retaining information. Just lost right now with what I would like to do.

Osamenor

Staff member
What level of education do you have? Is security guard the only job you've ever held, or have you had others? What have you done so far?

It's not reasonable to expect you to have a job that requires lots of education if you don't have anywhere near that level of education and getting there would take the better part of your working years. That's where "able to pursue" comes in.

What do you want to do? And why do you want to do it? Exploring the whys would give you a sense of what it is that really resonates for you. Sooner or later, you'd hit on something that is feasible for you.

What level of education do you have? Is security guard the only job you've ever held, or have you had others? What have you done so far?

It's not reasonable to expect you to have a job that requires lots of education if you don't have anywhere near that level of education and getting there would take the better part of your working years. That's where "able to pursue" comes in.

What do you want to do? And why do you want to do it? Exploring the whys would give you a sense of what it is that really resonates for you. Sooner or later, you'd hit on something that is feasible for you.
All I have is a high school diploma and some college credits. I have only worked at restaurants and just started security 4 months ago. I had to have a surgery, take care of my grandmother and deal with my mental illnesses as well for the past four years.

As for what I would want to do. I like to learn about different religions and very into spirituality and combining all of them together to make my own beliefs. It helped me a lot and I think it can help others understand themselves more and improve as a person.

Osamenor

Staff member
Do you work with plants at all? I don't mean that professionally, but just personally. Do you garden, make herbal teas, use herbal medicine?

It sounds like you are on a healer's path. Having your own health issues to work through, mental and physical, is a very common part of becoming a healer. The very background that herbalists usually have. Spirituality is very much a part of it, too, and herbalists often are people who define their own.

Since herbalism is my field, I'm biased, of course, but everything you're saying sounds a lot like everyone I know who is an herbalist or wants to be one, and I am in a position to know lots of those people. Becoming an herbalist doesn't require college. Even herbalism schools aren't likely to ask about your formal education when you apply. The application I filled out for where I am now didn't ask about my past education at all, they were just trying to determine how interested I was and how ready to commit.

What you would need is teachers, whether formally or informally. Do you know of anyone you could study or apprentice with? Depending on your location, it may or may not be easy to find them in your area. There are some herbalists who teach online, but in my experience, having in person interactions and hands-on experience is vital.

Do you work with plants at all? I don't mean that professionally, but just personally. Do you garden, make herbal teas, use herbal medicine?

It sounds like you are on a healer's path. Having your own health issues to work through, mental and physical, is a very common part of becoming a healer. The very background that herbalists usually have. Spirituality is very much a part of it, too, and herbalists often are people who define their own.

Since herbalism is my field, I'm biased, of course, but everything you're saying sounds a lot like everyone I know who is an herbalist or wants to be one, and I am in a position to know lots of those people. Becoming an herbalist doesn't require college. Even herbalism schools aren't likely to ask about your formal education when you apply. The application I filled out for where I am now didn't ask about my past education at all, they were just trying to determine how interested I was and how ready to commit.

What you would need is teachers, whether formally or informally. Do you know of anyone you could study or apprentice with? Depending on your location, it may or may not be easy to find them in your area. There are some herbalists who teach online, but in my experience, having in person interactions and hands-on experience is vital.
I do have one of my own plants and tried over the years to grow my own, but family members would kill them lol. I do use teas atm for physical symptoms and currently using intellect seeds to see if they induce lucid dreaming. I also harvest some of my mother's garden flowers whenever I can for ritual usage.

I haven't looked into if there are formal or informal teachers in my town, but do know a tea shop. I am interested in taking an online herb class.

kshantaram

Premium Member
Not sure what I should teach though. Thinking of herbalist, but don't know if natal charts can show if someone has a green thumb or not. Also wondering if I should actually go to a college to become a professor or do an online certificate.

hope observations help, reflect and adapt :

jup-rahu scorpio asc, secretive, sentimental, suspicious,
research-occult-investigative-forensic aptitudes,
rahu the north node dark pit secretive scorpio debilated,
urological-liver health toxic issues etc,
not to overindulge into the occult and get stuck,

mars aspect own scorpio protective, debilation of rahu cancelled,
gradual improvements in health;

jup lord 2nd over first, negating family-finances;

jup-rahu, rise-fall in life, need for ancestor worship,
observe fast No-moon evenings with milk-fruits;

wear brown hessonite over a pendant touching heart for debilated rahu;
prayers to saint of your faith, offer yellow flowers tues after sunset;

aries 6th impulsive, preference for action oriented work environments,
police, defence, sports, etc

mars-ketu taurus 7th, love of food-comforts-extra stubborn;
aptitude for hotel management-food technology,
prone to pain-injury-surgery throat-teeth-thyroid-abdominals,
prone to separation in marriage;
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers/roses fri evenings;

cancer-moon 9th inimical-malefic for scorpio asc,
stress-delays in luck-edu-travels etc;
mer-venus cancer 9th
literary-oratory-occult-pharmacy aptitudes but under stress-delay;
venus highest planetary deg the core personality;
prone to skin-circulatory health issues;
prayers to Mother Mary, offer white flowers mon evenings;

inimical moon over leo 10th, stress-delays in career-recognition-popularity;
individualistic-high self-pride, aptitude for medicine-admin;

sun lord 10th over gemini 8th, aptitude for analytical research,
career issues; good at information processing but not at decision making;
sun 2nd highest deg factor for vocation;

sat pisces 5th, sensitive, aptitude for teaching, public admin;
past 1.5yr ketu separative node transit sat-pisces
detachment from position-children etc, pain-surgery heart-stomach-feet etc;

currently sat transit acq 4th, detachment from mother-motherland,
pain-injury heart-lungs-lower legs-sciatica etc;

sat past 2.5yrs transit sag 2nd, tending to earnings in distant lands;
sat sag opp sun, stress in family-fin-health-relationship with father;

5-6m later sat moves to own cap 3rd
good for initiative-progress-event management-transfer/change;

jup now transit natal jup-rahu scorpio asc trine sat pisces, trine mer-venus cancer 9th,
promoting research-occult-advisory aptitudes, luck-edu-travels-position,
jup effective mid-course jan-april 018;

do discuss your feedbacks, how insightful-prospective-useful-adaptive etc,

wishing well, jup transit natal jup scorpio now trine cancer-pisces,
care for rise-fall with jup-rahu scorpio,

kshantaram

Last edited:
hope observations help, reflect and adapt :

jup-rahu scorpio asc, secretive, sentimental, suspicious,
research-occult-investigative-forensic aptitudes,
rahu the north node dark pit secretive scorpio debilated,
urological-liver health toxic issues etc,
not to overindulge into the occult and get stuck,

mars aspect own scorpio protective, debilation of rahu cancelled,
gradual improvements in health;

jup lord 2nd over first, negating family-finances;

jup-rahu, rise-fall in life, need for ancestor worship,
observe fast No-moon evenings with milk-fruits;

wear brown hessonite over a pendant touching heart for debilated rahu;
prayers to saint of your faith, offer yellow flowers tues after sunset;

aries 6th impulsive, preference for action oriented work environments,
police, defence, sports, etc

mars-ketu taurus 7th, love of food-comforts-extra stubborn;
aptitude for hotel management-food technology,
prone to pain-injury-surgery throat-teeth-thyroid-abdominals,
prone to separation in marriage;
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers/roses fri evenings;

cancer-moon 9th inimical-malefic for scorpio asc,
stress-delays in luck-edu-travels etc;
mer-venus cancer 9th
literary-oratory-occult-pharmacy aptitudes but under stress-delay;
venus highest planetary deg the core personality;
prone to skin-circulatory health issues;
prayers to Mother Mary, offer white flowers mon evenings;

inimical moon over leo 10th, stress-delays in career-recognition-popularity;
individualistic-high self-pride, aptitude for medicine-admin;

sun lord 10th over gemini 8th, aptitude for analytical research,
career issues; good at information processing but not at decision making;
sun 2nd highest deg factor for vocation;

sat pisces 5th, sensitive, aptitude for teaching, public admin;
past 1.5yr ketu separative node transit sat-pisces
detachment from position-children etc, pain-surgery heart-stomach-feet etc;

currently sat transit acq 4th, detachment from mother-motherland,
pain-injury heart-lungs-lower legs-sciatica etc;

sat past 2.5yrs transit sag 2nd, tending to earnings in distant lands;
sat sag opp sun, stress in family-fin-health-relationship with father;

5-6m later sat moves to own cap 3rd
good for initiative-progress-event management-transfer/change;

jup now transit natal jup-rahu scorpio asc trine sat pisces, trine mer-venus cancer 9th,
promoting research-occult-advisory aptitudes, luck-edu-travels-position,
jup effective mid-course jan-april 018;

do discuss your feedbacks, how insightful-prospective-useful-adaptive etc,

wishing well, jup transit natal jup scorpio now trine cancer-pisces,
care for rise-fall with jup-rahu scorpio,

kshantaram
A lot of the health is very spot on, not sure about the flower offerings and other stuff but seems like a good shot to try it out.

kshantaram

Premium Member
any other specific exemplifying feedbacks,
true-untrue-prospective etc to care to share and discuss.

wishing well, appreciate the kind ack/acknowledgment.

kshantaram

Last edited:
did i commit any gross error/insult mentioning ack for your kind acknowledgment?
rather would have expected further detailed feedbacks on the readings,
rather than mere one liners and short queries??? sorry.
No I was wondering what ack even meant I was confused but realize now it was short for acknowledgment. Also how can I care for Jupiter Scorpio and rise fall?

Last edited: