What does having 8th house ruler in the 10th house indicates about one's career?

Astrology

What does having 8th house ruler in the 10th house indicates/means about one's career? I heard that 8th house ruler in the 10th house indicates mysterious career in one's life or that the person's reputation/fame in society is hidden/secretive/mysterious/unknown, is this true? Also, in my birth chart, I have Sun square Moon. Does this affect my career since my 8th house ruler is in the 10th house? Overall, is this astrological placement good or bad? Does it also mean that my career is related to hidden research or something?

Attachments

• Birth Chart.jpg
    Birth Chart.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Birth Chart Table.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 27

waybread

I think you've got the situation reversed.

The 8th house is untenanted (without planets) in your chart, so I don't think it is a strong player. With your sun and north node in the 10th house, however, your career is very important to you.

The ruler of your 10th house, with Libra on the cusp, is Venus. She's located in your 11th house of friends and associates. This may mean that your friends assist your career goals, that you like to think of your co-workers as friends, and/or that you would enjoy working for an organization (vs. being self-employed or in a partnership.)

Any sense of mystery you might feel probably comes from Venus and Pluto in Scorpio, plus Mars and Jupiter in the 12th house.

Astrology

I think you're right. Especially about my 8th house ruler thing. But what does having north node in the 10th house mean/indicate?

waybread

The north node shows where your personal growth lies. Oftentimes it is in an area beyond your comfort zone (which is indicated by your south node.)

The 10th house rules your career in the sense of your vocation or calling in life: it's not just a job. The 10th house also indicates your public image or reputation, beyond what people who know you personally would see. Oftentimes our public image is a function of our career.

Astrology

So my personal growth lies on my career/reputation/social status? Also, since I have 8th house cusp on Leo, what does that mean/indicate? Is it good or bad?

waybread

It's neutral. If you want to know something about how your 8th house functions, the sun will have a lot to say about it. A good rule of thumb is, "The house over which a planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands." The 8th house deals with our feelings about death, the cycle of sex-birth-life-death-rebirth, shared resources (like investments,) and occult matters.