Yods in my Natal Chart? Please help

serafin5

Dear Astrologers:

It was recently suggested that I may have a Yod(s) in my Natal Chart and that this may be key for me to understanding that these aspects can be extremely revealing and/or healing.

Please help with any input on this.

Appreciatively,
Serafin5:biggrin:

R4VEN

My suggestion in the first instance is to use the `Search; facility at the top of the AW page and look for threads about Yods. There are heaps, many of which I contributed to in a big way. Thus, I do not wish to rewrite what has already been written.

In short, a Yod - or Yods - in a natal chart mean that your best-laid plans may not necessarily be your best-laid plans. Your life will often be held up, and may be redirected suddenly and unexpectedly. Without your natal it is impossible to say more.

serafin5

Deat R4ven:

Thank you for replying so fast. I did try to use the 'search' feature but I didnt get very good results - not sure if I did it right. However, i am less concerned about the meaning of a yod as i am in the specific interpretation in my natal (if i do indeed have this aspect).

My birth data is included at bottom of my posts along with my 'signature' as my computer is down and am unable to attach chart normally. Sorry for inconvienience..

Sincerely,
Serafin5
2/19/64 LA, Cal 11:30pm

R4VEN

Note to all US people using this forum:

Please write your birth details in following format: 19th Feb 1964

The rest of the world writes this date as 19/2/64 (or my preference, which is: 19/2/1964, after all not everyone was born in the 20th century)

Now I have my nit-picking done, to your Yod...... I have attached your natal below. I have decided you are female, so if not, my apologies.

I consider that you have just one Yod - between Mercury, Venus and Pluto, where Pluto is the apex planet. Venus is also inconjunct Uranus, but Uranus is too wide an orb from Mercury to be a part of another Yod configuration. 3 inconjuncts in the one natal is quite a lot, so there is a lot of imbalance afoot for you to attempt to either bring into balance, or find a way to live with.

Yods are hard to actually understand, as they tend to defy intellectual understanding. The effects on your life should not be overlooked, and this is where I would recommend you begin. Other than that, you should find out the effects of the 2 inconjuncts, as well as the sextile between Mercury and venus - the latter is what gives you the edge, and allows you to bring some balance into the configuration.

Here are some of the threads already in existence, plus a couple of others I dug up:

http://sisterrayastrology.com/power.htm
http://www.drstandley.com/astrologycharts_yod.shtml
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15271&highlight=Yods

The thing to which you have a real need to pay attention is when a transiting (or progressed) planet aspects your yod in any way. For instance, transiting Jupiter is currently conjunct your venus - and so inconjunct Pluto, and sextile Mercury, so your Yod is being temporarily `activated'. When transiting Uranus turns up, then you will definitely feel it, and for some time, too.

If you have money to spend I highly recommend that you purchase the following book on Yods. I could not get my head around them until I had read this book for the 2nd time!
http://www.amazon.com/Yod-Book-Including-Discussion-Unaspected/dp/1578631637

Others who use this forum have also recommended the book on Yods by Joan Kellogg.

My research back through past threads shows me that you have asked questions about Yods before, Serafin5. As I see it, Yods are (often) too complicated/confusing and very, very personal for someone else to try to figure yours out. In the first instance, you need to find out how yods behave, what they bestow, what they demand, and only then look at your own in detail.

Attachments

• serafin5_hp.35525.16599.gif
    serafin5_hp.35525.16599.gif
    49.5 KB · Views: 38
Dear Astrologers:

It was recently suggested that I may have a Yod(s) in my Natal Chart and that this may be key for me to understanding that these aspects can be extremely revealing and/or healing.

Please help with any input on this.

Appreciatively,
Serafin5:biggrin:

Quincunxs in natal

Sometimes these quincunxs are obvious and recognised in personality, other times it can take a lot of self examination to identify with the planets energies and of course they (like all aspects) don't operate 100% of the time, they are simply a facet of your personality. Some say they cause health issues that are unresolved, underlying, dormant waiting to be triggered.... some say you stay at one end, to the detriment of the other, OR end up see-sawing between the two until you learn balance, integration of two unlikely pairings. Next look at the signs, then houses and then aspects. Now the *others aspects* from these Yods as they can act like escape routes, that can help or hinder the expressions. A chart with lots of Yods (Finger of God) will always be *searching* for the divine answers to the meaning of life, to find synthesis

If someone has the ‘generational Pluto sextile neptune’ (born after 1940) then there is always a possibility of creating a temporary Yod with quicker moving planets, progressions, solar arcs even and difficult situations where you could be forced into making decisions and worrying that you have made the wrong one. Saturn, Uranus are generational to and unless these two fall in first quadrant (the most personal) the may not even be felt if they create a temporary Yod…this could be *transformation through suffering* type aspect

Thread by R4ven on Yods
Some of what you may feel/experience are:
  • things which happen out of the blue, and these things affect us, but are not created by us.
  • being faced with impossible choices, but where we are forced into choose something
  • a feeling of having been wronged in some way, and that we `don't deserve this' to be happening to us.
  • feeling like we're on a continual search for something in our lives, although we don't know what this `something' is.
  • well-made plans being interrupted, or even hijacked totally
  • difficulty in coping within formal education systems - eg. as in being given limited time frames in which to complete tasks (this can create high stress levels in anyone with a yod)
  • the yod itself does not provide any clear direction in life.
  • those with unaspected planets will have difficulty in using it effectively when put under pressure.
  • walking a different path, feeling `different' from others can lead to deep feelings of insecurity, and perhaps even believing themselves to have been `born into the wrong family'. (This one freaked me out a bit, since I spent much of my childhood believing this...)
  • with an unaspected planet, in childhood the over-developed effects of the planet may be suppressed in some way by parents. (eg. my brother has an unaspected `duet' between Mars and Jupiter. As a child he `bounced off the walls' and was a real handful. My mother took him to the Dr and he was put on some kind of sedative to calm him down. Eventually he became a successful athlete, and so this became a channel for his excessive energy.)
  • unconsciously developing towards future activities - perhaps over a period of years - without being aware of this.
  • a sense that one is a Spiritual Warrior, as you find that what seems to satisfy others in life in no way is satisfactory for you - that you are searching for `something more'.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15271&highlight=yods

Mercury Quincunx (Inconjunct) Pluto
“The compulsive side of your nature may lead you into being way out of control. Your judgment on circumstances (as well as yourself and others) can be so severe that you aren't able to make intelligent and consistent progress in life. Strive to be more trusting and less strict with yourself and your life is easier.”
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/q...retations.html

“overwhelming sense of responsibility. You have been conditioned to accept all duties that are assigned to you as important tasks for your total development. You may also take on duties assigned to others because you cannot differentiate between their responsibilities and your own. You must avoid becoming involved in your co‑workers' tasks and learn to mind your own business. With this planetary combination, you are likely to get into disputes if you attempt to interfere with the way others perform their jobs. You have a genius for implicating yourself without realising it.”
From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

so you need to understand the differences between signs, then houses and then aspects.

Virgo quincunx Aries and Aquarius
Virgo is mutable and earth. Now Virgo is very similar to Scorpio insomuch as they are both extremely analytical, but Virgo is ‘born worrier’ same as Cancer, these two signs can really worry for the rest of us. They do keep churning things over and over and this can cause mental stress. Can be quite, sit at the back of classroom, wants to go unnoticed, power behind the throne. You find a lot of Virgo’s in banking/finance or complimentary therapies. Do have a thing about health and hygiene, most are very clean but some are complete opposites. Can nitpit and sometimes pay too much attention to small details and not look at broader bigger picture. Can be sarcastic, critical and very restless, cos it’s a ‘mutable sign’ and all the mutable signs are restless! There is nothing restless about Aries, can make decisions in snap instant and really wouldn’t appreciate nit picking. Aries wants to start lots projects, have a go at allsorts and Virgo does not want to scatter its energies, it focused and practical. Virgo probably wouldn’t appreciate the direct approach cos it wants to look deeply into things first, weigh up pros and cons

Aquarius tends to talk to lots of people but can be rather private sign as well. Very humanitarian will always fight the cause for the underdog. Good with computers, electronics doesn’t do hospitals or sick people. Very talkative and this is the only sign I have found that tries and wants to stay friends with the ex. Friendship is first thing they look for in relationships, second they want the mental connection and rappor and certainly want their minds stimulating before their bodies (sorry Aries, Taurus and Scorpio). Well maybe if you talk dirty to them then……. Virgo wants details, information, depth and practicalities while Aquarians want freedom, independence and to talk about allsorts with lots different people. Virgo nitpicking may become a problem cos Aquarius is really humanitarian, fights the cause for underdog. Virgo may think Aquarians are all talk and no action here……

Now in Equal house system (mine) pluto is conj 11th house cusp the natural home of Aquarius/uranus. Mercury is accidentially dignified being in the house that gemini rules, it wants mental stimulation and conversation and can be stubborn (as can all the fixed signs) Additionally, mercury is further afflicted by square to Neptune. this is about mis-communications, reading too much between the lines, illusions, confusions and delusions. The sextiles to jupiter and venus easy these problems...

hopes this helps.I'm using the current merc retro go do more research into quincunxs, so any feedback appreciated...

Venus Quincunx (Inconjunct) Pluto
Fear of disappointment and fear of others is the mechanism for keeping your love nature on a roller coaster. They are rooted in your lack of good boundaries and lack of positive self esteem. You are easily pulled into overly burdensome roles in other people's lives because you feel it is your lot in life. Further, your unconscious compulsiveness first ritualizes then continuously repeats self defeating and denying reactions to others. Careful examination of your routines and feelings about yourself are necessary to free your love to develop and grow. This creates a deep, inner healing”
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/q...retations.html

“You may overburden yourself by giving to excess in your emotional relationships. You need to be more moderate in your contacts with others. There is always an element of stress associated with your feelings for the opposite sex. You tend to fall for the sob‑story and find yourself making commitments to people who do not mean that much to you. In your romantic, you may be misled into believing in the profuse affection shown by your current love interest. You are likely to be disappointed in the end. You are susceptible to such alliances, and you can suffer enormous problems”

Venus is modified by being in Aries and goes to excess with conj Jupiter. Aries has no patience it wants things now, and romantically this suggests you go OTT in romance, and 5th house matters, which also include, children and creativity as well as love affairs.

Jupiter quincunx Neptune
Reality v fantasy. Could do well in fields of music, young children or spiritual things. Expansive enthusiasm (Jupiter) is clouded, confused and disillusioned, a nagging feeling of falsely evaluating things…..

Sometimes these quincunxs are obvious and recognised in personality, other times it can take a lot of self examination to identify with the planets energies and of course they (like all aspects) don't operate 100% of the time, they are simply a facet of your personality. Some say they cause health issues that are unresolved, underlying, dormant waiting to be triggered.... some say you stay at one end, to the detriment of the other, OR end up see-sawing between the two until you learn balance, integration of two unlikely pairings. Next look at the signs, then houses and then aspects. Now the *others aspects* from these Yods are act like escape routes, that can help or hinder the expressions

Venus Quincunx (Inconjunct) Uranus

Learning to let go of the past means being willing to release relationships you have outgrown. Further, you need to reevaluate the way you imprison yourself in mindless routines, then revolt against them. Different is not improvement necessarily, yet change is integral to development. Learning to abruptly alter circumstances without emotional turmoil is the way of growth. You need freedom through relationships, not freedom from relationships.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

“indicating that you often neglect your own desires to satisfy others. When you do something to please yourself, you know you have earned it because of the sacrifices involved. Others seem to feel that you have an obligation to indulge their needs. You comply, but not without bitterness. By overreacting with sympathy and understanding, you burden yourself with their problems. In other words, learn to mind your own business. You have a strong desire to communicate, but this should not be confused with "buying" their friendship by doing favours. Meet others only halfway until you know they are sincere.”

Now venus in Aries (like aquarius and saggi) all need lots of freedom and independence and not all signs espec water signs understand this need. Now as venus/jupiter are in 5th house of leo really require a big show of affection and can be drama queens...

serafin5

Wow! Thank you so much for all this information I am deeply appreciative and flattered that you would do so much. Honestly, my life has been sh** but because I have lost so many to death this put me in what I call my "dark night of the soul" and I have learned that for things to get better my attitude needs to be better; i.e., having and "attitude of gratitude". A lot of what those quincunx's said I remember being a bit more of an issue than now only because my attitude is wholly improved. However, feeling different and/or having health problems, especially the ones that are starting to rear their ugly heads now that I am getting older, I do feel and see 100%. I am not religious but am spiritual and I know that God is operating in my life but nothing is what I thought it was and I had to give up on all those old unrealistic dreams.

I am currently waiting to hear on a settlement decision. My court date was 26th of Oct and this should be at any time now. A favorable decision will allow me to have a somewhat bettter life, so if you are a praying person Astrologer50 I could really use one, OK? You are an awesome astrologer, I admire you very much.:love:

Have a nice holiday season and thanks again.
Serafin5:joyful: