quandry:is my natal mars in aquarius or pisces?

serafin5

Hi! I am relatively new here but I really love this site; I've learned so much in such a short time. I'm basically a self-taught astrologer; I started doing charts when I was 16 yrs. old with the help of "The Astrologers Handbook". I am a 00Pisces sn/Taurus moon/Scorpio Asc. My problem is I keep getting conflicting Mars signs; 29Aqua or 00Pis? I'm also learning about "Stelliums" and it's my understanding I have a "Stellium" with my 00Pis Sn., 29Aqua Mars, and 26Aqua Saturn all in tight conj. in my 4th house.
I don't have downloading capabilities (I'm using my sons IPOD), I can list any chart info. to anyone interested.
I'm excited to be here; I've never been able to have an intelligent conversation about astrology before with people that know what I'm talking about!
Thank You!:sideways:

serafin5

Thanks so much for the reply CapRising!
OK, here goes:
2/19/64 Los Angeles, Ca @ 11:30 pm

Good Luck and God Bless!
Serafin5

serafin5

Thank you so much CapRising! As you can well imagine, being a cusp b-day can put a person into "identity" turmoil (until I found out I was a 00Pisces, I identified with Aquarius for most of my life), but then to have a 'planet' do the same felt a little much; so now both mysteries are solved.:happy:
One last question: you mentioned that because my Natal Mars is 00Pis, that I retain qualities of both signs; does that also apply to my Natal Sun as well being 00Pis?
I feel like the answer to this may be my last mystery.
God Bless and thanks again!:happy:

dhundhun

So you have an ephemiris thats more accurate than the solarfire program dhundun? are you going to share it with us?

I think, Solar fire uses Swiss Ephemaries, in fact mostly Astrology packages use Swiss Ephemaries because of its accuracy and better programming interface.

This question required precision. So there was need to swich to seconds mode, both in terms of hours:minutes:seconds and in terms of degrees:minutes:seconds.

Comming back to serafin5, why precision, because it is important to judge, whether Mars is at last degrees. For prediction purpose, there is big difference between Mars at last degree with Sun at first degree and both Mars/Sun at first degrees.

Mars in 29th+ (Anaretic) degree is very much effective to carry out projects and assignments. The second advantage is that the effect of combustion is likely to be bit reduced.

I hope this input will help you to analyze and understand you better. Key factor to help would be Mars in Anaretic degree, Sun in First degree and the effect of combustion in addition to general analysis of planets in Sign, in House, aspects, etc.

Last edited:

serafin5

Once again, Caprising, you came through! I cannot express the joy I feel having someone to speak with astrology about; it's been so long that I've been doing this and not really able to share with anyone.
To explain the "identity" remark: It seems perfectly natural being a Pisces with Neptune in the first house that I would have that dreamy quality about myself. The funny thing is I never had problems in asserting myself or pursuing my professional ambitions, that's why I always identified with Aquarius and it's "Positive Day-Force" energy; like my progressed chart: I am a Sun Sign Aries with a Sag Rising!:happy: I love that! So thank you for all you've put into my little mystery. It really wasn't until I got older, suffered some tradgedies and had some hopes and dreams dashed to bits that I've become a bit "Piscean" vague: Who knows what I'll be when I grow up!

Blessings to you and yours, Caprising, from a Scorpio Rising.:biggrin:

serafin5

dhundhun: Thanks to you also. I too believe it's important to know once and for all not so much about how Mars expresses itself Natally (I've always had to deal with my temper/anger issues), but for the sake too to know if I have more "air" or "water"? Or "fixed" or "mutable" energy natally?

I've been through a lot and have gained much wisdom since my old "fly-off-the-handle days. I've learned to have the "attitude of gratitude". And so with gratitude, I thank thee!

serafin5

Wow! That was a quick reply....love it!

Um, your question.....I guess it could be my Saturn and IC; I just assumed it had to be somethin more than just that but then again one shouldn't underestimate the power of a strong Saturn. You should know, you're a Cap Rising......and if I may be so bold to ask how has that been for you? Isn't Cap Rising fraught with all kinds of karmic debt.? I hope you don't mind the question but if it's something you don't want to get into, forgive me. If you should have further insights into my chart, please keep it coming I'm really learning a lot from you!:biggrin:

serafin5

Caprising, is that a 'Grand Crosse' I see in your chart?! Please tell me it isn't true! Listen....you got to tell me how that might operate; I have a niece with the same thing and all in Cardinal Signs and I mean BIG time! I've been worried about her since she was a baby, now she's a young adult.

I will never snivel to you again!::crying:

serafin5

I'm sure you're right Caprising; a 3rd House Saturn in Pisces and suffering tradgedies will make one lose their concentration every time!:)

Hope you're having a blessed day!
A Scorpio Rising #5

serafin5

Listen, you gotta excuse some of my ignorance and naivete; I'm a completely self-taught astrologer but I thought that in major aspects the Asc., Mc., and Nodes were considered and are prime elements. I've always basically generalized that for an individual the Sun, Moon, and Asc./Mc. were like the mind, body, and soul (but not really the Nodes. I'm still learning about their importance)?

Also, now I know I've been putting this area of study off, but you mentioned having Natal Saturn "Retrograde" and this has caused you some anguish? If you don't mind Caprising, would you please elaborate on some of the things aforementioned you felt were pretty serious? I'm learning so much from you!
:biggrin:
Gratefull to you,
Serafin5

serafin5

Indeed, Caprising, no free lunches; everything has its yin and its yang. But whst I meant was I virtually know nothing about retrograde planets and from your description of Saturn Retrograde, that not all retfogrades are created equally either. Feel like a quick general lesson on retrograde planets?

Thanks always, Scorpris

serafin5

Just read your SR story and WOW did that suck or what! That's an extreme example of a negative SR experience however all things being equal I'm sure these hard times with the wife and kids really bonded you all even more. I trust your wife made a full recovery from the accident?

Hugs!:sad: