What happen to our spirits while we're sleeping?

three M symbols

What happen to our spirits while we're sleeping, from a spiritual point of view? Do you have answers or ideas about it?

Everyday before I go to bed I'm super motivated to do all kinds of things, even if my body is tired.. But when I wake up I feel disconnected from these feelings.
(Even if I love my work and what I have to do during the day.) When I wake up I feel empty like drained of all my intellectual/motivational energy, no matter how long was my sleep. I only stay motivated if I only sleep 3-4 hours.

So I'm wondering about what/who is stealing my spiritual energy while I'm sleeping

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
What happen to our spirits while we're sleeping, from a spiritual point of view? Do you have answers or ideas about it?

They ascend to the heavens near God, are judged of life and then return down, they might be ''assaulted'' on the way down by demons via nightmares, night terrors and dreaming of engaging in sinful behavior.

Everyday before I go to bed I'm super motivated to do all kinds of things, even if my body is tired.. But when I wake up I feel disconnected from these feelings.
(Even if I love my work and what I have to do during the day.) When I wake up I feel empty like drained of all my intellectual/motivational energy, no matter how long was my sleep. I only stay motivated if I only sleep 3-4 hours.

Healthy individuals should sleep as much as their bodies tell them. Sleeping for an hour or two might get you avoid sleep inertia, but will backlash with earlier sleepiness later. You might get more grogginess from awakening with alarm clocks, which would happen when you do not sleep enough some days and try to compensate later, which is not possible. Sometimes waking up from the deep stages of sleep can also cause greater sleep inertia, because the soul will have to hurry down from higher spheres.

So I'm wondering about what/who is stealing my spiritual energy while I'm sleeping

As you mention that you sleep 3-4 hours at times, but next you feel exhausted after long sleep, I will make an educated guess and say that the short-term sleep is what causes you headaches, but after some time. If you are sleep deprived, you will try sleep longer to repay the sleep debt so to say, which might become impossible without negative consequences. I recommend that you balance you sleep as much as possible. Also pray to God before sleep and immediately when waking up.

Last edited:

Harmelia

I believe our souls are present within us at all times, when we are awake and when we are asleep. We ARE our souls. We commune more deeply with our soul/spirit in sleep and dreams - even nightmares have a positive message or function. When we lose our body at death, we are already within the realm of our souls, and simply find our consciousness there, as it always was. As Souls we belong to the larger Soul of Humanity. To answer your question more directly, our awareness may travel while we sleep, but we are always connected with it.

JUPITERASC

Sleep is your life-support system
Nature's best effort yet at immortality :smile:

sleep scientist Matt Walker.
in this deep dive into the science of slumber
Walker shares the wonderfully good things
that happen when you get sleep
-- and the alarmingly bad things that happen

when you don't
for both your brain and body.
Learn more about sleep's impact
on your learning, memory, immune system
and even your genetic code
-- as well as some helpful tips for getting some shut-eye.

Sleep is your superpower :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MuIMqhT8DM

What happen to our spirits while we're sleeping, from a spiritual point of view?
Do you have answers or ideas about it?
Everyday before I go to bed I'm super motivated to do all kinds of things,
even if my body is tired.. But when I wake up I feel disconnected from these feelings.
(Even if I love my work and what I have to do during the day.)

When I wake up I feel empty like drained of all my intellectual/motivational energy,

no matter how long was my sleep.

I only stay motivated if I only sleep 3-4 hours.

three M symbols

Thanks for all your answers!

I watched the video you linked, Jupiterasc. It was interesting, but I still don't see sleeping as a superpower (for my spirit/intellect). When I don't sleep I don't notice any problems with my memory. I just feel like my body is tired quicker, but not my mind. (I'm a double virgo Sun/Moon so maybe it helps)

If I don't use alarm clock I'm used to sleep a lot (often 10 hours, sometimes more..)
So I see it like a big waste of time and energy

I wonder if it's because of my Mercury in 12th house that I feel drained when I wake up..

I'll try to follow your advices and pray before I go to bed

JUPITERASC

Thanks for all your answers!

I watched the video you linked, Jupiterasc. It was interesting, but I still don't see sleeping as a superpower (for my spirit/intellect). When I don't sleep I don't notice any problems with my memory. I just feel like my body is tired quicker, but not my mind. (I'm a double virgo Sun/Moon so maybe it helps)

If I don't use alarm clock I'm used to sleep a lot (often 10 hours, sometimes more..)
So I see it like a big waste of time and energy

I wonder if it's because of my Mercury in 12th house that I feel drained when I wake up..

I'll try to follow your advices and pray before I go to bed
Shawn Stevenson:
"Sleep Smarter" :smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu6lbDBEnlY