Freaking about Eclipses

Boodica

Can anyone kindly shed some light on the forthcoming eclipse which looks like it will wreak havoc on my emotional life. It will be exactly conjunct my desc.

Is this the case? I'm so worried. Please advise me.

Thank you so much in advance x

Last edited:

sheila

An eclipse can indicate something needs to change and not necessarily negative.
Many people get shook up as the ancients regarded eclipses with dread.
It could indicate your desires and needs will change, regarding your 7th house relationships.
Their is a 6degree orb between the eclipse and your descendant, this is rather wide as many astrologers only use a -/+ 3 degrees, so maybe nothing will happen.

tikana

Boodica

my asce is 3 deg earlier than yours

this is what i have noticed.. i have been keeping my eye on eclipses for a few years

solar eclipse always tells wha tyou will initiate
lunar eclipse will always point what will be initated with you.

if there is no transit planet aspecting your natal planet that has been aspected by eclipse, eclipse will not bring naything. if a slow planet aspecting your natal chart without an eclipse, you will have an event but it wont be significant or short lived effect.. i use as far as 6 degree orb on both ends

helps?
T

EJ53

Banned
Boodica said:
Can anyone kindly shed some light on the forthcoming eclipse which looks like it will wreak havoc on my emotional life. It will be exactly conjunct my desc.

Are you referring here to the full moon/lunar eclipse on 16th August 2008, which does fall exactly on your descendant (and squares natal Neptune) - or the new moon/solar eclipse that fell on 7th February 2008, which is 6 degrees from your descendant (and aspects nothing)?

I'm guessing that the "forthcoming eclipse" means 16th August, but can you just confirm that for me please.

EJ53

Banned
Boodica,

The eclipse on 16th August activates your natal minor grand trine (jupiter + uranus + neptune).

Progressed mercury squares natal jupiter and forms a yod with natal uranus/neptune
Progressed 5/11 axis is conjunct natal jupiter and natal 6/12 axis
Progressed 6/12 axis squares natal and progressed neptune
Progressed ascendant is conjunct natal/progressed uranus.
So, your natal minor grand trine is also activated by progressions

Transitting uranus opposes natal uranus three times over the next 12 months (then goes on to trine natal jupiter and neptune).
So, a major transit is also activating your minor grand trine - and transitting neptune enters your 7th house this year

In summary, what this August eclipse appears to be heralding for you is the arrival of the uranus half-return - the possible effects of which are probably known by you (and are well documented if not). Although it is always a time of uncertainty/confusion, the outcome is invariably beneficial. But, for you, the minor grand trine should make this half-return much easier than usual.

All you need do here is to "go with the flow", knowing that whatever happens will be for the best - and it may not even be unsettling in your case. However, neptune will be asking you to view 7th house relationships more realistically than you perhaps do now - and there the comments of Sheila and Tikana seem particularly appropriate.

Last edited:

Boodica

Thank you for getting back to me EJ53, Shiela and Tikana. I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Reading your replies, it seems the eclipse will trigger some positive events rather than horrible shocks I was anticipating, as I'm presuming all that activity to the minor grand trine activation will be beneficial.

Not sure if Progressed mercury square natal jupiter to form a yod with natal uranus/neptune is an entirely helpful aspect though. (been researching the yod)

Many thanks again for easing my worries x

EJ53

Banned
Boodica said:
Not sure if Progressed mercury square natal jupiter to form a yod with natal uranus/neptune is an entirely helpful aspect though. (been researching the yod)

Yes, that progressed Mercury may well be where any uncertainty and confusion focuses.

Best wishes - and please let us know what happened when it's all over.

EJ53