Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Recommendations

Recommendations Looking for advice and suggestions on books, websites, programs, professionals, organizations, or anything else related to astrology? Ask and share your opinions here.

Unread 12-07-2005, 04:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to Summery Joy
Astrology Software

Hello everyone,

I need some help. I'm looking for an astrology software to use on my PC that has all the cities of the world (like on astrodient) but also the option to enter the latitude and longitude without having to pick a location. Is anything like this available?

Also, I prefer downloadable sofware. I don't want to wait for shipment (I wonder what in my chart makes me so impatient ). A pretty interface would be great too 8) .

I do not know what the rules are concerning publishing the names of software on the forum. If it is not ok to publish them here, please p.m. me.

Thanks.

Unread 12-26-2005, 06:30 PM

Re: Astrology Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorehearted
Hello everyone,

I need some help. I'm looking for an astrology software to use on my PC that has all the cities of the world (like on astrodient) but also the option to enter the latitude and longitude without having to pick a location. Is anything like this available?

Also, I prefer downloadable sofware. I don't want to wait for shipment (I wonder what in my chart makes me so impatient ). A pretty interface would be great too 8) .

I do not know what the rules are concerning publishing the names of software on the forum. If it is not ok to publish them here, please p.m. me.

Thanks.

Download the free version of Astrology for Windows at
http://www.halloran.com The unregistered 'free' version allows you to save and print only the first chart saved. But you can always delete the first chart and replace it with another. There are no interpretations just charts.

It also has a world map, point and click, to enter any location on the globe.
Unread 12-27-2005, 07:30 AM

Just go to this site:

http://www.astrowin.org/
and download "AstroWin (free). Great programm! All caculation in one program!!
Unread 12-27-2005, 09:56 AM

There is also Canopus, also free software, which comes with interpretations too. It is available here:
http://www.clairvision.org/ckb/ckbe/...22/Canopus.exe
I like it, it's really complex.
Unread 05-05-2006, 01:33 PM

i need software intended for a beginner that guides me through the process... I tried astrowin and had no clue what to do with it ....

and recommendations for a easier to use one, maybe with a tutorial and intrepreation and hopefully less than $100.00 ??

thanks
Unread 05-05-2006, 08:33 PM

Hi Zen

Have you looked into WinStar express? This is often under $100 - they frequently have offers on like buy one get one free, that sort of thing.

www.matrixastrology.com or

www.astrologysoftware.com

Its easy to use, not too colourfull and not too expensive, either.

take care

hel
Unread 05-06-2006, 02:25 AM

thanks 141 that looks like what i need..
Unread 05-06-2006, 03:59 AM

Although as far as I know you can't save charts in it, What Watch is a very good program. http://www.papertv.com/
Unread 09-11-2006, 04:31 AM

Astrolog32, an updated version of the classic Astrolog for 32-bit Windows.

It's free, accurate, and does so many things. The animation feature is priceless (especially for visualizing your upcoming transits!) and the readability of the charts it produces is superb, especially when working with aspects.

There are complete atlas files available for the software via the site, and the C+ source code is freely available in case you code C and desire to customize.

http://uk.geocities.com/astrolog32/

I also adore Solar Fire 6, but honestly seldom use it. It's also fairly expensive. 98% of the time I use Astrolog32. Solar Fire 6 does have a wonderful search function, which allows you to search over long periods of time and produce text listings of just about every astrological happening you could imagine. It is one of the few pieces of software which allows fully customizable midpoint searches, including transiting planets to midpoints, transiting midpoints to planets, transit-to-transit midpoints, and midpoint-to-midpoint searches. The main thing I use it for is the search feature. It also has an excellent electional search, where you can specify oodles of parameters and find a time exactly suitable to your electionary requirement.

http://www.esotech.com.au/
Unread 09-25-2006, 05:09 PM

Hi, Sorehearted. You can enter the latitudes and longitudes on Kepler. You can also download it, any add-on programs, any updates.

AqMoon
Unread 01-16-2007, 01:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Three-leg-cat Send a message via Yahoo to Three-leg-cat

I'm using Astrolog32 version 2, developed by a different programmer from version 1. Atlas with longitudes and latitudes are available now. Here it is:
http://www.orionsoft.cz/astrolog32/e...troduction.htm

Three-leg-cat
Unread 02-26-2007, 01:03 PM

i was wondering whether anybody could have a good link on free horary softwares---which could show essential dignities, almuten, etc...Solar Fire is great yet i found it too expensive for a starter in horary. thanks
Unread 03-05-2007, 08:45 PM

Just must say, what an awesome addition to the forum.
Txs to everyone for the great input which is most helpful.

Will add my bits & pieces soon...
starbuck
Unread 03-09-2007, 10:33 PM

Hi Radu,
tried to get into site & it's blocked?? Any reason for this..
Curious to see complex software
starbuck
Unread 12-28-2007, 11:17 AM

janus 4

Now is the time to download the 30 days free trial version of Janus 4, the new version of Janus, available now (since December). I totally loved Janus 3, I thought it's perfect, but Janus 4 gives even more.
www.astrology-house.com
Unread 12-28-2007, 11:27 AM

I totally agree with unukalhai on Astrolog32 which I use 99% of the time. What a great piece of free software. I have also Solar Fire but....hardly ever use it.
The reasons posted by unukalhai are the same with mine.
Unread 12-31-2007, 09:55 PM

I have used Astrolog for so long I feel stuck in wanting to use anything else as Ientered data for many people for yes. and it would be painstaking to transfer so much data.

I wish I could get the new version set up like the old version as for aspects and transfer all the old chart data into it.

I am really glad the author upgraded the Fixed stars and a few other things.

Great piece of shareware.A little complicated for the cmptr novice,but well worth trying.
Unread 01-04-2008, 10:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to cjc

I just discovered this thread... I received a free copy of WSExp in a package deal a while ago and had some problems with its calculations. (Not sure why, but it was my progressions... Born in Brisbane and the current location is near Princeton, NJ. The progressed chart was way off.)

I swear by WinStar Plus 2.05. It's expensive, but well worth it, and often on sale. The Matrix tech support have the patience of Job, expecially for unfortunate SOBs like me who have just gotten suckered into that gates garbage windoze vista on a new machine.

Good luck with it!
Unread 01-07-2008, 12:33 AM

I just loaded it onto my new machine and pulled down the update from the Matrix website... Seems to work well. AND it has a LOT of features found in WinStar Plus. Go for it!

(I understand the new release has a LOT of added features to boot!)

Unfortunately, though,on the version I have, the help file is written as a windoze help file: something that windoze vista DOES NOT SUPPORT. MS comes right out and says they will not support versions of windoze help files that were not written for vista, meaning vista will not provide suport for any ms program (their own) that you had before getting stuck with vista. You gotta buy new software to give them more money. The message (cut and pasted):

Why can't I get Help from this program?

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which was used in previous versions of Windows and it is not supported in Windows Vista.
For more information, see Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) is no longer included with Windows on the Microsoft support website.

c

Last edited by cjc; 01-07-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Unread 03-25-2008, 03:54 AM

I have such software which I will be posting after sometime.
Unread 03-25-2008, 01:40 PM

For vista users who have the problem reading help files, there is a patch on the ms website that allows you to read those help files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n#Instructions

Works great on WinStar2.
Unread 06-10-2008, 04:24 PM

Hi Friends,
Which astrology software (pro. ver.) you need most & not getting in the big ocean of great net? please mention.
Yours
jyotishi
Unread 06-10-2008, 06:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to AineB Send a message via MSN to AineB Send a message via Yahoo to AineB Send a message via Skype™ to AineB

I use astrolog on my linux machine.. and have kepler on my m$ one, I haven't tried installing it thru WINE on my linux machine yet. I feel for you Vista users.. it's complete ****! LOL! Oh and don't forget.. if you are using XP, m$ no longer supports it!!! I've used Solar Fire in the past, but once I found Kepler I found it better than SF.. user preference though!
Unread 06-11-2008, 06:56 PM

I just got word from Matrix support that there is DEFINITELY a problem with m$ vista and some of their software.

"Because of the trouble you have been having I returned to the testing machines and ran both reports on our xp machine and compared it to what I was getting on the Vista machine and with the latest installs I am getting the same results as you. The Vista report is significantly shorter than the xp one."

For those of you who have a vista machine, double check your software! Pull down some freeware and compare results. I know I have sent out bad reports.

Who knows how many changes m$ has made to this os since they introduced it. I have had this garbage for 8 months and my "update" history is 3 screens long. I had to reboot this morning because of an "update" and see that since then, there is another "update" waiting to be installed! Would we tolerate this nonsense from an automaker?

Let's face it folks, a lot of us advise others based on what we get from our computers. We need accuracy. I don't know how many of you were around in the days when we had to do every chart by hand... We thought computers would help... but along comes m$....

Unread 08-04-2008, 03:43 PM

I recently discovered this very useful "Transit Kalculator" webpage. Just need to have Java installed (probably standard these days) and once you've entered your details it gives realtime update of your transits every 15 seconds.

http://www2.bitstream.net/~bunlion/bpi/trankalc.html

Tags
astrology, interpretations, software, softwares