Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 09-08-2012, 01:08 PM

Lack of fire in my birth chart

I lack fire in my birth chart. I have a fire ascendant, and my north node is in a fire sign, but that's it. I don't have many planets in the fire houses to compensate for it, either. I have Chrion in the 1st and my Neptune/Uranus conjunction is in the 5th. Mars in my chart also lacks aspects, with only a conjunction to Mercury and it is also opposite the MC.. Oh, and it's also held back in the 4th house. House-wise, Mars is in fall in the 4th house.
My Mars is domicile in Scorpio though, maybe that sort of makes up for some of it.
Am I, like, destined to be lazy and stuff? Am I always going to find it hard to get motivated?

Also, is there some sort of remedy for this kind of thing? I heard physical exercise is good for lack of fire people, but what do you think?

Unread 09-08-2012, 03:07 PM

Re: Lack of fire in my birth chart

Hi Cascada,
I think finding ways to balance out the elements is essential. But then, I'm a Libra Sun and always looking to find balance! I lack earth in my chart and I find when I do things that ground me that I feel more balanced and ultimately more peaceful etc.

So I think that you're right in that seeking something to balance out your lack of fire is a good thing! I'm not entirely sure how you would bring more fire into your life. You mentioned exercise which I think would work. I'm also wondering if herbs and certain foods may help too!?

I know in Ayurveda that certain things can be done for balancing doshas. There's a few threads on here about that. Dr. Farr is someone who knows about this and think has a thread called something like "balancing tri-doshas".
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Hi Cascada,
I think finding ways to balance out the elements is essential. But then, I'm a Libra Sun and always looking to find balance! I lack earth in my chart and I find when I do things that ground me that I feel more balanced and ultimately more peaceful etc.

So I think that you're right in that seeking something to balance out your lack of fire is a good thing! I'm not entirely sure how you would bring more fire into your life. You mentioned exercise which I think would work. I'm also wondering if herbs and certain foods may help too!?

I know in Ayurveda that certain things can be done for balancing doshas. There's a few threads on here about that. Dr. Farr is someone who knows about this and think has a thread called something like "balancing tri-doshas".
Haha, same here, I'm always trying to find a balance also. I'm a Libra sun/moon/jupiter anyways, I think I found the post you're referring to. Thanks for the advise (for the second time this week)
Unread 09-08-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascada View Post
I lack fire in my birth chart. I have a fire ascendant, and my north node is in a fire sign, but that's it. I don't have many planets in the fire houses to compensate for it, either. I have Chrion in the 1st and my Neptune/Uranus conjunction is in the 5th. Mars in my chart also lacks aspects, with only a conjunction to Mercury and it is also opposite the MC.. Oh, and it's also held back in the 4th house. House-wise, Mars is in fall in the 4th house.
My Mars is domicile in Scorpio though, maybe that sort of makes up for some of it.
Am I, like, destined to be lazy and stuff? Am I always going to find it hard to get motivated?

Also, is there some sort of remedy for this kind of thing? I heard physical exercise is good for lack of fire people, but what do you think?
Hi, Cascada.

It appears to me that you are not horribly lacking in fire. One of the key three personal points in the chart are the Ascendant, Sun and Moon. Your having a fiery ascendant [possibly Leo?], certainly gives you fire in a personal way. If you have outer planets Uranus and Neptune in fire [not sure, but it seems you may], then you have fire from the transpersonal realm.

Your Mars may not be happy in the 4th, but it is an angular, active house, and if Mars is also both in Scorpio and on the IC angle itself, it has plenty of power. With Mars conjunct Mercury, you will be trying to think of things to do, like you are right now. Although motivation is more just physically doing.

Your calling in this life via the North Node is to integrate fire with the element of the SN. It sounds like that is what you are doing.

But as an aside, while fire is passionate, all fire is not created equal. For motivation we look to the characteristics of the elements, I think, rather than the element [fire] itself. The cardinal signs by definition, including Aries, are the initiators. Your lack of motivation, your inertia, may possibly be more the result of fixed signs on your angles? [again, if I deduced your chart correctly]. I can tell you from personal experience that the fixed signs, even fiery Leo, are not particularly motivating at all :-).

So might you have any Cancer, Libra or Capricorn, or planets in the other angular houses? These might point to how you can become more motivated, as well.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Unread 09-08-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
Hi, Cascada.

It appears to me that you are not horribly lacking in fire. One of the key three personal points in the chart are the Ascendant, Sun and Moon. Your having a fiery ascendant [possibly Leo?], certainly gives you fire in a personal way. If you have outer planets Uranus and Neptune in fire [not sure, but it seems you may], then you have fire from the transpersonal realm.

Your Mars may not be happy in the 4th, but it is an angular, active house, and if Mars is also both in Scorpio and on the IC angle itself, it has plenty of power. With Mars conjunct Mercury, you will be trying to think of things to do, like you are right now. Although motivation is more just physically doing.

Your calling in this life via the North Node is to integrate fire with the element of the SN. It sounds like that is what you are doing.

But as an aside, while fire is passionate, all fire is not created equal. For motivation we look to the characteristics of the elements, I think, rather than the element [fire] itself. The cardinal signs by definition, including Aries, are the initiators. Your lack of motivation, your inertia, may possibly be more the result of fixed signs on your angles? [again, if I deduced your chart correctly]. I can tell you from personal experience that the fixed signs, even fiery Leo, are not particularly motivating at all :-).

So might you have any Cancer, Libra or Capricorn, or planets in the other angular houses? These might point to how you can become more motivated, as well.
Yes, I'm a Leo rising I have Neptune and Uranus conjunct in Capricorn (I use Placidus, whole sign would put them into the 6th house). And yep, I have fixed signs on the angles, that explains a lot when I think of it from your perspective. I have 2 Capricorn placements and 3 Libra placements. Sun and Jupiter conj. in Libra, 3rd house, squaring my Neptune conj. Uranus in the 5th which can make me a big dreamer, and sometimes unrealistic.. which is so unhelpful when it's hard for me to get motivated. I guess my Sun/Jupiter trines to my Saturn helps me.. but I'm just rambling on now
Unread 09-08-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascada View Post
Yes, I'm a Leo rising I have Neptune and Uranus conjunct in Capricorn (I use Placidus, whole sign would put them into the 6th house). And yep, I have fixed signs on the angles, that explains a lot when I think of it from your perspective. I have 2 Capricorn placements and 3 Libra placements. Sun and Jupiter conj. in Libra, 3rd house, squaring my Neptune conj. Uranus in the 5th which can make me a big dreamer, and sometimes unrealistic.. which is so unhelpful when it's hard for me to get motivated. I guess my Sun/Jupiter trines to my Saturn helps me.. but I'm just rambling on now
Well, I see your point, then, about the difficulty going forward, getting moving. I share it, too, in many arenas of life with my having lots of fixed energy, and also lots of mutable. But the upside is that once you get going, there's no stopping fixed energy and you can stay in for the long haul.

And don't forget that you can take advantage of the quickly moving Moon to aspect your Mars from cardinal signs throughout each month. Also when the Moon makes hard aspects to Mars, it may also help you move.

You can check an ephemeris, like

http://www.artcharts.com/calendar/ephemeris.html

to see the daily movement of the Moon and then you can plan activities around what may be heightened energy days.

Best,

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Unread 09-11-2012, 12:37 PM

It would be easier of you’d attach your chart.
You can’t take some elements out of the context, it loses the bigger picture.
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:09 PM

You have low fire, but I wouldn't go insofar as to say you lack it. Largely because you have your ascendent in a fire sign, which actually adds a good chunk to it. I have a true lack of fire though so I will be able to maybe give you some advice/insight.

I have no fire signs at all. Everything (midhaven and ascendent included) is in a air, earth, or water placement. Further, mars is in its fall of cancer, jupiter is in its detriment of gemini, and the sun is in taurus. So the three fire ruling planets are even further restricted back by poor placements. The only fire influence is I have mars in the 9th house, and pluto in the first house. That is it. So as you can see, I have have close to absolute zero fire influence.

The best way to overcome elemental limitations like this, is to work the other influences in your chart to compensate. I have an afflicted mars, but it also has some strength aspects to it, and it's on my midhaven. I try and work the skills I have with mars in order to make up for fire difficulties: physical action, initating new things, taking a charge, running off impulse. All things I struggle with. I just try, try my best and learn from it. Eventually, you learn new novel ways to use things in a way that is difficult for you naturally. Think of it like learning a second language.

I assure you, with practice, you can overcome it. Look into your chart. See where the weaknesses are. Then, look to what aspects and placements give you strenght, and think of ways you can use those strengths to overcome these weaknesses.

good luck!
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tautomer View Post
You have low fire, but I wouldn't go insofar as to say you lack it. Largely because you have your ascendent in a fire sign, which actually adds a good chunk to it. I have a true lack of fire though so I will be able to maybe give you some advice/insight.

I have no fire signs at all. Everything (midhaven and ascendent included) is in a air, earth, or water placement. Further, mars is in its fall of cancer, jupiter is in its detriment of gemini, and the sun is in taurus. So the three fire ruling planets are even further restricted back by poor placements. The only fire influence is I have mars in the 9th house, and pluto in the first house. That is it. So as you can see, I have have close to absolute zero fire influence.

The best way to overcome elemental limitations like this, is to work the other influences in your chart to compensate. I have an afflicted mars, but it also has some strength aspects to it, and it's on my midhaven. I try and work the skills I have with mars in order to make up for fire difficulties: physical action, initating new things, taking a charge, running off impulse. All things I struggle with. I just try, try my best and learn from it. Eventually, you learn new novel ways to use things in a way that is difficult for you naturally. Think of it like learning a second language.

I assure you, with practice, you can overcome it. Look into your chart. See where the weaknesses are. Then, look to what aspects and placements give you strenght, and think of ways you can use those strengths to overcome these weaknesses.

good luck!
Thanks tautomer I guess I started thinking about this when I came across an article about Elvis's chart. The author mentioned that Elvis lacked fire in his chart, and yet he has a Fire ascendant and he has Uranus in Aries. He also has a couple of planets in fire houses, so I was like it got me thinking that my chart was worse, since I have no fire planets at all plus my fire ascendant ruler is in fall. I think the tips you've given (e.g. physical action) make sense for little to no fire individuals. I'm gonna go with your advise and look into my chart, find my strengths and weaknesses

Tags
birth, chart, fire, lack