Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.

Unread 01-31-2009, 07:28 PM

Re: Dispositor

I also could not resist. Very interesting indeed. So, here it is:

Jupiter – 4
Mercury – 3
Saturn – 1
Neptune – 1
Venus - 1

Sun - Sun --> Jupiter Jupiter --> Jupiter
Mercury - Mercury --> Jupiter Jupiter --> Jupiter
Neptune - Neptune --> Jupiter Jupiter --> Jupiter
Moon - Moon --> Mercury Mercury --> Jupiter Jupiter --> Jupiter
Uranus - Uranus --> Mercury Mercury --> Jupiter Jupiter --> Jupiter
Pluto - Pluto --> Mercury Mercury --> Jupiter Jupiter --> Jupiter

Sun and Jupiter and Jupiter and Mercury - nice indeed...

Last edited by natasa812; 01-31-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Unread 01-31-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesag
Hi everyone!

I couldn't resist doing this for me

Maybe it's my mercury in scorpio (or jupiter in aries? ), I rushed through the intermediate steps mentally so here is the initial data and the final outcome:

Sun Sag --> Jupiter
Moon Leo --> Sun
Mercury Scorpio --> Pluto
Venus Libra --> Venus
Mars Cancer --> Moon
Jupiter Aries --> Mars
Saturn Leo --> Sun
Uranus Scorpio --> Pluto
Neptune Sag --> Jupiter
Pluto Libra --> Venus

Jupiter --> Mars --> Moon --> Sun --> Jupiter
Sun --> Jupiter --> Mars --> Moon --> Sun
Pluto --> Venus --> Venus
Venus --> Venus
Moon --> Sun --> Jupiter --> Mars --> Moon
Mars --> Moon --> Sun --> Jupiter --> Mars

So it gets very repetitive and tidy
Double dispositings for Jupiter (sag), Sun (leo), Pluto (scorp), Venus (libra)
4 sequences looping jupiter, mars, moon, sun
pluto getting stuck in venus rulership and venus rules herself (does this say I'm a sex maniac??? )

Looking at the final outcome, I get something that seems really interesting. The final dispositors in those sequences are

jupiter
sun
moon
venus
mars

Now, does this mean I can't sort out my yin/yang principles??

HELP!!!!!! Any interpretations?
Well, Jupiter and Sun, Venus a great benefic, Moon - feelings and Mars adding some energy in the recepie... Sounds like a nice combination...
I only have Jupiter - but I dont complaine - it is a great benefic indeed.
Best regards
Natasa
Unread 01-31-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Thanks Natasa. Have to think more about this. I tried now for different people and realised that some are very clear cut but others like me have loops!! Maybe this means that we are not clear people and get stuck in loops...

This is very interesting! Will study more!
My knowledge of astrology is quite restrected, but I would not see it as a loop. I think that you have multi aspect personality and probably many choises in your life. Also, with many dispositors it is more possible that you have balance between your personal life, family, friends, job and so on. Me, having over emphasis on Jupiter, over emphasis on fire in my natal, all those planets above are in my 10o mostly in conj. with MC and pointing on a carrier, means directly that I have lack of aspects in other areas of my life (as also as some difficult squares and difficult planets in 7o). So, the balance can be prefered instead of overemphasis in one area (even if we talk about Jupiter as a great benefic of a chart). I understand that the whole chart is ``described`` in some way with a main dispositor but behind that dispositor, we have aspect, emphasis, place of planets (most of them in my chart are in ``above`` area) and many other things we have to look at. I personaly believe, without having a proffesional knowledge of astrology that what is given to us is given for a reason...(also a characteristic of a Jupiter - this belief). If we dont understand it now, a moment will come whan we will have to use those beneficials and yours are multiple concerning many areas of your personality which maybe means that you can give more to the people around you.
Best regards
Natasa
Unread 02-01-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
That's a very nice way of putting it (jupiter's optimism )
I've found another interesting case, a friend has a 50/50 dispositor arrangement with mercury and neptune. Hmmm... it's true this is a person that seems to behave one way and next minute behaves in another way. So yeah, I guess more than one main dispositor would indicate a split personality.

Maybe if we see which houses are rules by those dispositors we can find which areas of life would be more important?
I did not mean to say split personality - more like many choises and abilities in life. Now, about house ruler and how is it related to a dispositor a more experianced member must answer this. I am sure that everything is corelated in a chart somehow...
Best regards
Natasa
Unread 02-28-2009, 02:19 PM

Sun - PLuto
Merc - Pluto
Venu - Pluto
Pluto - Pluto
Moon - Saturn
Neptune - Saturn
Saturn - Jupiter
Uranus - Jupiter
Mars - Venus
Jupiter - Mars

pluto - 4
Saturn - 2
Jupiter - 2
Venus - 1
Mars - 1

Pluto - Pluto > Pluto
Saturn - Saturn > Jup, Jup > Mars, Mars > Venus, Venus > Pluto
Jup - Jup > Mars, Mars > Venus, Venus > Pluto
Venus - Venus > Pluto
Mars - Mars > Venus, Venus > Pluto

OMG i'm totally Pluto.. My Pluto's in 8th too. O_O
Anyone else has Pluto as their final dispositor?
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:21 PM

Pluto (70%) and Venus (30%) are my finals dispositors.
Anyway, It is obvious that a dignified planet is stronger and overmore if there's others planets in the same sign.
Unread 02-28-2009, 07:14 PM

Here is my dispositors:

Sun>Saturn
Jupitor>Saturn
Neptune>Saturn
Mercury>Jupitor
Uranus>jupitor
Moon>Venus
Mars>Neptune (and Jupitor?)
Venus>Uranus (and Saturn?)
Saturn>Pluto (and Mars?)
Pluto>itself

Moon>venus>Uranus>jupitor>saturn>pluto
------------Mercury>jupitor>
-----------------------Sun>
--------------Mars>neptune>saturn>

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that pluto is my final dispositor as well.

Last edited by JayM; 05-17-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Unread 02-28-2009, 07:38 PM

Here are mine

Sun --> Uranus
Mercury --> Uranus
Venus --> Saturn
Mars --> Venus
Jupiter --> Pluto
Saturn --> Venus
Uranus --> Jupiter
Neptune --> Jupiter
Pluto --> Venus

- Uranus > Jupiter > Pluto

FINAL DEPOSITORS

- Mars + Pluto + Saturn --> Venus
- Venus --> Saturn

Venus <=> Saturn

They both are in mutual reception and square each other!

Aqua

Last edited by AquaAqua; 02-28-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Unread 03-03-2009, 12:44 PM

My final dispositor is Jupiter but Jupiter is in combust. So, is my dispositor ``useless`` somehow and do we need to take under consideration the combustion?
Or the dispositor is just the dispositor no matter what...
Unread 03-03-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasa812
My final dispositor is Jupiter but Jupiter is in combust. So, is my dispositor ``useless`` somehow and do we need to take under consideration the combustion?
Or the dispositor is just the dispositor no matter what...
I wonder how combustion work in natal astrology, since it applies to personality rather than the state of some person or situation as in horary. My Pluto is also 'combust' for being conjunct the Sun. However i think in most natal intepretatons, it just means that the planet has it's energies fused with that of the Sun, thus for me I'm even more Scorpionic and Plutonian. It thus can be good or bad since conjunctions are stressful and forceful aspects.
On the other hand, Jupiter is also key in my chart as it is the only planet that occupies the bottom of my chart. It's a singleton and forms the handle of a Fan pattern (or bucket). Many sources state the importance of singletons as key to understanding the chart, so i feel perhaps it has equal footing with the final dispositors of a chart. For me, it is in Aries and disposits directly to Mars, my final dispositor if I were to use traditional rulerships. I take it to mean that a large part of my life/personality is eventually focused or directed towards Martian or Plutonic energies since the chain of disposition can be seen as a transfer of the influences.
Unread 03-03-2009, 03:49 PM

If, when we're talking about dispositors, we are talking about the ruler of the sign on the cusp of houses that "disposes" of any planets located in that house-I don't put much stock in it. For example, Saturn in a house ruled by the Sun would would be influenced to display it's more sun-like qualities.

I think that planets in houses exhibit more direct influence than the dispositor could alter. Of course aspects to both would have to be looked at. Personally, I just haven't felt the need to deal with dispositors.
Unread 03-03-2009, 04:00 PM

I agree. I don't give too much credits to dispositors neither.
Unread 03-03-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar
I wonder how combustion work in natal astrology, since it applies to personality rather than the state of some person or situation as in horary. My Pluto is also 'combust' for being conjunct the Sun. However i think in most natal intepretatons, it just means that the planet has it's energies fused with that of the Sun, thus for me I'm even more Scorpionic and Plutonian. It thus can be good or bad since conjunctions are stressful and forceful aspects.
On the other hand, Jupiter is also key in my chart as it is the only planet that occupies the bottom of my chart. It's a singleton and forms the handle of a Fan pattern (or bucket). Many sources state the importance of singletons as key to understanding the chart, so i feel perhaps it has equal footing with the final dispositors of a chart. For me, it is in Aries and disposits directly to Mars, my final dispositor if I were to use traditional rulerships. I take it to mean that a large part of my life/personality is eventually focused or directed towards Martian or Plutonic energies since the chain of disposition can be seen as a transfer of the influences.
Thank you for your answer. I feel the same thing but I can not explain it astrologicaly since it lookes like I am over optimistic and over enthusiastic all the time like the combustion does not even exist - it is what you said - like the energy of the planet is unified with the energy and the position of the Sun. It did not make my Jupiter any ``weaker``...
Best r
Natasa
Unread 03-03-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrella
If, when we're talking about dispositors, we are talking about the ruler of the sign on the cusp of houses that "disposes" of any planets located in that house-I don't put much stock in it. For example, Saturn in a house ruled by the Sun would would be influenced to display it's more sun-like qualities.

I think that planets in houses exhibit more direct influence than the dispositor could alter. Of course aspects to both would have to be looked at. Personally, I just haven't felt the need to deal with dispositors.
I must agree. I did not quite understand the purpose of the final dispositor of the natal. It rules the whole chart or just gives us the ``direction`` of the chart or whatever.
Best r
Natasa
Unread 03-04-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrella

That's why we put emphasis on final dispositors, not any dispositor. The final dispositor can be a sole planet and if so it should be significant, since it is the only planet in its own sign.
Unread 03-05-2009, 08:08 AM

I have seen the importance of dispositors in my chart. Or the lack of a final dispositor in my chart. It reinforces the lack of focus/confusion I have had in my life. Here is the traditional dispositor tree for my chart:

Saturn <--------> Moon
Saturn <-------- Mercury
Saturn <-------- Venus
Venus <-------- Pluto
Mercury <-------- Mars
Mars <-------- Jupiter
Mars <-------- Chiron
Mars <-------- Uranus
Jupiter <-------- Neptune
Jupiter <-------- Sun

Here is my modern dispositor tree:

Venus <-----> Pluto <-----> Uranus <-----> Venus
Uranus <----- Mercury
Uranus <----- Moon
Moon <----- Saturn
Mercury <----- Mars
Mars <----- Jupiter
Mars <----- Chiron
Jupiter <----- Neptune
Neptune <----- Sun

Last edited by you know it; 03-05-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Unread 03-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Banned

I don't have a final dispositor just Sun in Pisces, Jupiter in Leo, and Neptune in Sagittarius doing a little three way Jig together. I guess they reinforce each other in some way.

Unread 03-07-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Ray
I don't have a final dispositor just Sun in Pisces, Jupiter in Leo, and Neptune in Sagittarius doing a little three way Jig together. I guess they reinforce each other in some way.

nice visuals.

My final dispositor is Venus, that is in mutual reception with Mercury. So that makes two of them?
But Venus is in Fall and aflicted and Mercury is peregrine, retrograde and unaspected so neither of them is powerful I guess. It figures
Unread 03-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Banned

Hi Hermetic,

My dispositors are not all perfect. Sun in Water 7th house, less about individuality. Jupiter in Leo my most fiery planet, is closest the M.C. elevated Jupiter in 11th. Neptune in 4th exalted, but challenged. My chart ruler Mercury is in fall.

My life kind of circles round in the three houses represented by those planets in mutual reception.
Unread 04-14-2010, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Ray View Post
What is a dispositer?

Here is the meaning from my book.

How would you work out if you had a final dispositor. Is a dispositor just another name for ruling planet of the sign on the cusp. And what use is it to find a final dispositor if you have one. How would you use it in Astrology.

Since the last couple of months I have only started learning all these new terms in Astrology. I only used to do very basic Astrology at home. But when I am reading Astrology articles on the net and they use all these terms, I haven't a clue how to work them into Astrology.

Shining Ray
I wouldnt worry too much about final dispositors. The strength of the individual planet is what matters. You can get caught up in all sorts of terminology and that gets confusing.
Unread 04-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Senior Member, Educational board Editor

Sorry, but I disagree.
The planet that *disposits* a planet is very important, because it is the planet that *controls* the planet in question. Say if my mercury is in Libra, it is disposited by Venus. So venus becomes boss of my communications...
In Traditional astrology, Lord of the Geniture (Boss of the chart) is worked out by following the dispositors through.
eg..to contine my example: merc in Lib disposits to Venus.My venus is in a Mars sign so to Mars, my mars is in Cap so to Saturn.You go around the chart like that.
http://www.frankstar.com/rulership.htm

There's a link that may interest you.
Cheers
Lilly

**As above, so below**
Unread 04-14-2010, 03:45 AM

Oh I LOVE when I figure something out! lol.

Sun in Virgo (ruled by Mercury)
Moon in Aries (ruled by Mars)
Mercury in Virgo (ruled by Mercury)
Venus in Cancer (ruled by Moon)
Mars in Pisces (ruled by Jupiter)
Jupiter in Virgo (ruled by Mercury)
Saturn in Scorpio (ruled by Mars)
Uranus in Leo (ruled by Sun)
Neptune in Libra (ruled by Venus)
Pluto in Leo (ruled by Sun)

Sun is disposited by Mercury
Moon is disposited by Mars
Mercury is disposited by Mercury
Venus is disposited by Moon
Mars is disposited by Jupiter
Jupiter is disposited by Mercury
Saturn is disposited by Mars
Uranus is disposited by Sun
Neptune is disposited by Venus
Pluto is disposited by Sun

Sun --> Mercury
Moon --> Mars
Mercury --> Mercury
Venus --> Moon
Mars --> Jupiter
Jupiter --> Mercury
Saturn --> Mars
Uranus --> Sun
Neptune --> Venus
Pluto --> Sun

4) Sort the list in step 3 by dispositor:

Sun --> Mercury
Jupiter --> Mercury
Mercury --> Mercury
Moon --> Mars
Saturn --> Mars
Venus --> Moon
Mars --> Jupiter
Uranus --> Sun
Pluto --> Sun
Neptune --> Venus

5) Put the list in order by number of dispositings per planet (most dispositings first, next most dispositings second, etc.):

Sun --> Mercury
Jupiter --> Mercury
Mercury --> Mercury
Uranus --> Sun
Pluto --> Sun
Moon --> Mars
Saturn --> Mars
Mars --> Jupiter
Venus --> Moon
Neptune --> Venus

6) Make a list of the dispositors, along with a count of how many dispositings they have in the chart:

Sun - 2
Moon - 1
Mercury - 3
Venus - 1
Mars - 2
Jupiter - 1

7) Use the list of dispositors (from step 6) and the dispositings (from step 5) to follow the "chain" of dispositors as far as we can using modern planets, without repeating any dispositings:

Sun - 2
Moon - 1
Mercury - 3
Venus - 1
Mars - 2
Jupiter - 1

OK, I lost it here and must be too tired to figure it out....either that or since transiting Saturn is RIGHT on my Mercury today I have no brains. lol. I'll have to come back to this later. Dang it~!

My placidius chart
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...natalchart.gif

My Vedic chart
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...10withdasa.jpg

Sun conjunct Jupiter: I am almost always in a good mood.

Here to learn astrology.
Unread 04-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Dispositor chain, to Amy

Amy,

You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris View Post
5) Put the list in order by number of dispositings per planet (most dispositings first, next most dispositings second, etc.):

Sun --> Mercury
Jupiter --> Mercury
Mercury --> Mercury
Uranus --> Sun
Pluto --> Sun
Moon --> Mars
Saturn --> Mars
Mars --> Jupiter
Venus --> Moon
Neptune --> Venus

6) Make a list of the dispositors, along with a count of how many dispositings they have in the chart:

Sun - 2
Moon - 1
Mercury - 3
Venus - 1
Mars - 2
Jupiter - 1

7) Use the list of dispositors (from step 6) and the dispositings (from step 5) to follow the "chain" of dispositors as far as we can using modern planets, without repeating any dispositings
You're almost there! I'll get you started:

Sun - Sun --> Mercury, Mercury --> Mercury

Sun is disposited by Mercury, and Mercury is disposited by Mercury. End of the "chain".

Moon - Moon --> Mars, Mars --> Jupiter, Jupiter --> Mercury, Mercury --> Mercury

Now I leave the rest to you!

Giving a push,

Tim
Unread 04-15-2010, 12:56 AM

Re: Dispositor chain, to Amy

Originally Posted by Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

Sun --> Mercury
Jupiter --> Mercury
Mercury --> Mercury
Uranus --> Sun
Pluto --> Sun
Moon --> Mars
Saturn --> Mars
Mars --> Jupiter
Venus --> Moon
Neptune --> Venus

Sun - 2
Moon - 1
Mercury - 3
Venus - 1
Mars - 2
Jupiter - 1

7) Use the list of dispositors (from step 6) and the dispositings (from step 5) to follow the "chain" of dispositors as far as we can using modern planets, without repeating any dispositings

Sun - 2
Moon - 1
Mercury - 3
Venus - 1
Mars - 2
Jupiter - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsontc View Post
Amy,

You said:

You're almost there! I'll get you started:

Sun - Sun --> Mercury, Mercury --> Mercury

Sun is disposited by Mercury, and Mercury is disposited by Mercury. End of the "chain".

Moon - Moon --> Mars, Mars --> Jupiter, Jupiter --> Mercury, Mercury --> Mercury

Now I leave the rest to you!

Giving a push,

Tim
OK, Saturn is still on my Mercury but I'll give it a whirl. I think what confused me was your writing Sun - Sun and I couldn't figure out why it was written twice....Now I think I see that you just listed each first and then went from there carrying it thru so lemme see:

Mercury - Mercury is deposited by Mercury. End of the chain.

Venus - Venus deposited by the Moon. Moon --> Mars --> Jupiter --> Mercury, (That's what happens when you have 3 planets in Virgo. lol.)

Mars - Mars is deposited by Jupiter --> Mercury.

Jupiter - Jupiter is deposited by Mercury.

All things lead to Mercury with me! So thank God it's exalted tho temporarily restrained by transiting Saturn.

Now what about houses? Astro.com has a depositor graph and it mentions houses but it was Greek to me last night.

Thanks Tim~
Unread 04-15-2010, 05:30 AM

Pluto-3
Jupiter- 3
Venus-1
Mars-1
Mercury-1
Saturn-1

Pluto- Pluto -> Pluto
Jupiter - Mercury -> Pluto, Pluto -> Pluto
Venus - Venus -> Venus
Mars - Mars -> Mars
Mercury - Pluto -> Pluto, Pluto -> Pluto
Saturn - Jupiter -> Mercury, Mercury -> Pluto

Three Final Dispositors - Pluto, Venus, Mars

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Where+...F-a01074002540
^according to the website, I'd say those traits and characteristics are rather general... very broad.
But I can't say I don't fit 'em.
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_b2sig_01_benjamin_hp.13882.10452.gif (11.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by twoelevens; 04-15-2010 at 05:35 AM.

Tags
dispositor