Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Unread 07-17-2019, 02:25 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,756
Re: The planets and their sexual gender

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post

The Moon is brighter than the planets
.
Moon is visibly brighter than the planets
only because Moon reflects more sunlight than the planets do
because Moon is closer to earth than the seven visible planets

and
Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
are also visible only because they also reflect sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post

and in some circumstances can be used to actually see by
on an otherwise dark night.
That's why it's a "Luminary".
Moon is a Luminary aka Light
because

Moon REFLECTS SUNLIGHT
sufficient "to actually see by

on an otherwise dark night"
If not reflecting sunlight, Moon invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post

Like people, the Moon is brighter on some days than others.
brightness of Moon
is entirely dependent on the quantity of sunlight reflected by Moon

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 07-17-2019, 02:52 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,446
Smile Re: The planets and their sexual gender

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Moon is visibly brighter than the planets
only because Moon reflects more sunlight than the planets do
because Moon is closer to earth than the seven visible planets

and
Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
are also visible only because they also reflect sunlight

Moon is a Luminary aka Light
because

Moon REFLECTS SUNLIGHT
sufficient "to actually see by

on an otherwise dark night"
If not reflecting sunlight, Moon invisible


brightness of Moon
is entirely dependent on the quantity of sunlight reflected by Moon
How scientific!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 07-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Cosmiccradle's Avatar
Cosmiccradle Cosmiccradle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 329
Re: The planets and their sexual gender

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Are you looking for the Exaltation-ruler of each Sign? This 12/12 system changes that from Traditionalistic. For example, Neptune is Exalted in Libra.
Indeed. If you look at the work of Volguine for instance, I've gone to great lengths to build on that and balance this with a 12/12 system, even taking into consideration things like Gauquelin's work. But if I can't balance the planets the work becomes useless when using things like Dwad or Mansion. Not only that but placing Planets/Lords in the cyclus with things like 3/6/9/12 for education also gives a wrong image if the 12/12 system isn't balanced out with the planets. I hope you can follow my argumentation.
__________________
Respectfully CC
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 07-17-2019, 02:58 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,446
Smile Re: The planets and their sexual gender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmiccradle View Post
Indeed. If you look at the work of Volguine for instance, I've gone to great lengths to build on that and balance this with a 12/12 system, even taking into consideration things like Gauquelin's work. But if I can't balance the planets the work becomes useless when using things like Dwad or Mansion. Not only that but placing Planets/Lords in the cyclus with things like 3/6/9/12 for education also gives a wrong image if the 12/12 system isn't balanced out with the planets. I hope you can follow my argumentation.
What are your other 2 Domicile-rulers?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 07-17-2019, 03:02 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,756
Re: The planets and their sexual gender

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post

The Moon is brighter than the planets
.
Moon is visibly brighter than the planets
only because Moon reflects more sunlight than the planets do
because Moon is closer to earth than the seven visible planets

and
Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
are also visible only because they also reflect sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post

and in some circumstances can be used to actually see by
on an otherwise dark night.
That's why it's a "Luminary".
Moon is a Luminary aka Light
because

Moon REFLECTS SUNLIGHT
sufficient "to actually see by
on an otherwise dark night"
If not reflecting sunlight, Moon invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post

Like people, the Moon is brighter on some days than others.
brightness of Moon
is entirely dependent on the quantity of sunlight reflected by Moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post

How scientific!
Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
are visible
because
Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn reflect sunlight
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 07-17-2019, 03:26 PM
Cosmiccradle's Avatar
Cosmiccradle Cosmiccradle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 329
Re: The planets and their sexual gender

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
What are your other 2 Domicile-rulers?
To be quite honest when taking traditional astrology as a basis I was looking at Ceres, Pallas, Juno and Vesta. I'm not sure what to do with Chiron. When using the school of Ram/APC system I am looking at Perséphoné, Hermes, and Demeter. The trans Pluto planets. But APC is a total different ball game. But I've spent years using is.


The whole problem is traditional astrology has 8 planets (including earth), Sun and moon not included. Sun is a star, Moon is a satellite.


The APC system has 12 Vulcanus, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Persephone, Hermes, Demeter. However still undiscovered the last three are hypothetical trans Pluto. The theory behind the three is that Neptune en Pluto were already known through calculations before they were discovered. The same goes for the trans Pluto planets.
__________________
Respectfully CC
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 07-17-2019, 03:37 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,446
Smile Re: The planets and their sexual gender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmiccradle View Post
To be quite honest when taking traditional astrology as a basis I was looking at Ceres, Pallas, Juno and Vesta. I'm not sure what to do with Chiron. When using the school of Ram/APC system I am looking at Perséphoné, Hermes, and Demeter. The trans Pluto planets. But APC is a total different ball game. But I've spent years using is.


The whole problem is traditional astrology has 8 planets (including earth), Sun and moon not included. Sun is a star, Moon is a satellite.


The APC system has 12 Vulcanus, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Persephone, Hermes, Demeter. However still undiscovered the last three are hypothetical trans Pluto. The theory behind the three is that Neptune en Pluto were already known through calculations before they were discovered. The same goes for the trans Pluto planets.
I've not heard of APC. Is it a new school of astrology? Of course, now I'll look it up.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 07-17-2019, 04:12 PM
Cosmiccradle's Avatar
Cosmiccradle Cosmiccradle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 329
Re: The planets and their sexual gender

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I've not heard of APC. Is it a new school of astrology? Of course, now I'll look it up.
No quite old. Very interesting way of approaching things. https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...ad.php?t=23741
__________________
Respectfully CC
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cosmiccradle For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-17-2019)
Reply

Tags
feminine, gender, masculine, planets, sexual

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.