Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Lunar/Solar

Lunar/Solar Now, this is a hot topic! This sub-board is dedicated to talks on the influence of solar eclipses, lunar eclipses, new moons, full moons, etc. in predictive astrology.

Unread 11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Banned

anyone love Solar Arcs?

So easy and quick, just progressing each planet 1' for each year of your life. Great for retification purposes, but very sensitve on the Angles.

For examaple I have SA Saturn just coming off my Asc. Obvious things like slow downs, health problems with bones etc like Arthritis my knees and neck got murch worse. Lots frustration, want to go forward, but felt held back by circumstances beyond my control.

I have needed the slow down to take stock, repair my health, mental and psychological and emotional states. Haven't tried or wanted to plan anything major or even minor. Just content with what I have, just learning to live in the Now, the present moment, take each day and problem as it arrives.....

Any other examples, anybody else got or had Saturn conj Asc?

Last edited by aquarius7000; 11-24-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Both the threads on this same topic have been merged.
Unread 11-21-2008, 12:15 AM

Re: anyone love Solar Arcs?

I just been through SA Pluto conjunct Natal Sun. Just about out of orb range suggested by Noel Tyle which is 40´ on separation. I know from this that Solar Arcs are real and very strong.

I have come to think that Solar Arc is essential in any transit reading.
Unread 11-21-2008, 01:39 AM

I have deduced also from going back through events that they are defintely the bomb on information and predicting. i just started looking into them this year. There is a great thread...look under progressions. Right now solar arc neptune is doing a number on moon/sun and venus/mars (sun/moon midpoint). Jupiter is opposite solar arc AC....not sure what all this is going to play out as but it wil help me with predictions in the future as I learn as I go.
Unread 11-21-2008, 02:52 AM

Can anyone suggest a good site to learn how to do solar arc charts, Im keen to learn more about this.

***Im on a journey to Eudaimonia.***
I am writing a lot at the moment.
Read my work here:
http://rogue_red.writing.com/
Life is not measured by the number of breathes you take but by the moments that take our breath away.:53:currently 9hr15min SF
Unread 11-21-2008, 04:35 AM

Astrol.com has the solar arc included with a natal and progressions chart. I downloaded astrowin to get just the solar arc chart as a stand alone chart with the natal. Again, we had a long thread devoted to solar arc called something like solar arc and birth time..
Unread 11-21-2008, 10:15 AM

Hi Astrologer50, yes I love Solar Arc directions. I have Noel Tyll's book on them and it is fascinating and as you say, very easy really to spot them.
What is however very important here is that you cannot just look at a Solar Arc directed chart and conclude from that alone. A SA hit will only have an effect when supported by important transits and progressions at the same time the SA planet hits another one, or, when there are several SA hits going on in the same year. It this is not the case, then you wont notice much from these hits. I copied one of the threads from way back where rectifying the natal chart with the help of SA directions is being discussed. Have a look. It was a great thread and throws light on Solar Arc directions.

Using Solar Arcs to Rectify a Natal Chart ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)

This is a site in the internet explaining Solar Arc Directions, written by Pat White.
http://www.alabe.com/solararc.html

In this treaty there is talk about Arc openings, which for me is too much of a good thing. I just stick to the way Noel Tyll describes. But maybe one of you finds it interesting.

This is written by Noel Tyll:

Accuracy in Prediction: Using Solar Arcs and Midpoint Pictures -

Cheers, Starlink

Last edited by starlink; 11-21-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Unread 11-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned

I have transiting Uranus in 2nd opposite natal Jupiter in Virgo in 8th, PLUS SA Uranus conjunct natal Jupiter. These are the two money houses and I do consider Jupiter to be very fortunate in this house, in Virgo it wants depth and breadth and details and thats I expand and grow, in the house of Scorpio/occult, life after death, joint finances.... definately have strong interest.......

any opinions??
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:48 PM

Is there any particular program which allows you to calculate SA to Midpoint progressions?

It is fairly easy to see the SA to Natal conjunctions, squares and oppositions, but for semi-square to a midpoint, is going to take a bit more time to do it by sight.

Starlink, or anyone?

Thanks
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Sky
Is there any particular program which allows you to calculate SA to Midpoint progressions?

It is fairly easy to see the SA to Natal conjunctions, squares and oppositions, but for semi-square to a midpoint, is going to take a bit more time to do it by sight.

Starlink, or anyone?

Thanks
Think theres enough to look at with just the SA conj, squares without going so far into Midpoints, thats really fine tuning to the enth degree hon. look at other things to back up and reinforce what SA are saying...
Unread 11-22-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50
Think theres enough to look at with just the SA conj, squares without going so far into Midpoints, thats really fine tuning to the enth degree hon. look at other things to back up and reinforce what SA are saying...
I only asked because Noel Tyle´s book uses all of these aspects in equal measure. Was just wondering if anyone has a program which allows you to do those calculations.
Unread 11-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Banned

in short I don't know any computer programs, Noel Tyle is not the be all and end all. You have had some good advise from the Moderator, try following it first.....
Unread 11-23-2008, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy
Okkaaay, so I'm just figuring out solar arcs and adding them to my predictive techniques...

I don't really completely understand much about them yet, but I was wondering if this event seems like it correlate with my SAs...

SA Moon conjunct natal MC/opposite IC (the moon rules the IC, as well) = I moved away from home, to college. Is that sort of the jist of it???

Hmm in 2010 I wil have SA Uranus conjunct my natal Venus, hm.
You have it right. SA is just like any progression only the people who discovered and first started its use, had a few rules.

1. Basically only hard aspects Square, Opposition, Conjunction and Semi-square.

2. Orb applying 1 degree and 40 minutes separating.

3. They used it with midpoints. Solar Arc planets which aspected natal midpoints.
Unread 11-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Banned

Re: Anyone love Solar Arcs?

maybe you should mention this book for anyone interested hon. Rather disappointed in responses, seems not too many people look at these seriously enough.

My partner has SA Pluto crossing his ASC and it is deeply transformational. He is currently trying to get out of Turkey, but lots of dark forces (incl Govern) want to keep him under control and stay there. But he wants a new life in UK, he has had to learn to do everything above board, the legal way and turn away from the dark, but it has also given him tremendous strength and determination and lots of leverage to get things done. I know he has had to face lots of internal transformations as well as external. I being his lifeline and coming towards the light and love energies, rather than staying in dark and shadows......

Anyone else had this or any others, please post.....
Unread 11-24-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
SA Moon conjunct natal MC/opposite IC (the moon rules the IC, as well) = I moved away from home, to college. Is that sort of the jist of it???
Yes Froggy this is it. When you do the counting personally, not using a programm I mean, then be sure you add one degree=one year for the aspect to work out. (when you were born in the summer).
Unread 11-24-2008, 11:55 AM

Re: Anyone love Solar Arcs?

When Pluto solar arc passed my DC it first hit a square to MC/IC I married, had my first child and then moved. When it crossed the DC I had my second child and shortly after separated.I am waiting to see what will happen as Solar arc uranus is about to hit my DC with in the next two after hitting a square to MC/IC. Plus with the transits uranus hitting the luminaries. I suspect something will happen but have not figured it out.
Unread 11-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Banned

Well SA Uranus (the divorce planet) hits 7th cusp, someone is definately going to have issues to do with freedom and independence and wanting more of it and of course, things do happen suddently and unexpectedly and out of the blue........

You can read these SA movements very similar to transits, but at the same time look at your transits to see if soemthing is going to back up what you may think will happen, like its been said before, look at Solar Return, transits etc.
Unread 11-25-2008, 02:42 AM

Well its hard to get divorced if you aren't married but I do have two teenagers one 16 chomping at the bit
Since Im not married I was hoping it would work in reverse maybe not
Unread 11-25-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Well its hard to get divorced if you aren't married but I do have two teenagers one 16 chomping at the bit
Since Im not married I was hoping it would work in reverse maybe not
I doubt that to tell you the truth. Married or living together, it is a longtime relationship and Uranus could put an end to that. You can read Uranus as divorce but also as separation, temporarily or definite.
Unread 11-25-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Since Im not married I was hoping it would work in reverse..
Uranus denotes a sudden change in status quo, so you are not wrong to think that it could "work in reverse", meaning that, if you are presently single, somebody could come into your life quite unexpectedly, but, with Uranus, the problem 'usually' is that the person 'could' also make his exit quite suddenly (unless there are other aspects counter-acting it). Relationships that have their birth during Uranus 'passings' are usually not of a stable or permanent nature (but then what's perm in life in any case), but quite exciting.

aquarius7000
Unread 11-25-2008, 09:42 AM

In the year 2008 leading to my Solar year 2009, there's a heavy emphasis on career. SA Venus is conjunct my Progressed MH in Sun Sign Pisces. And SA Moon is conjunct the Natal MH.

Everything is decided within our own hands. When we come together as one, then it can be said we are truly humane
Unread 11-25-2008, 11:31 AM

I think it has to do with what venus rules in your chart, what houses. MH can be status, reputation, and people of authority so Pluto on the MC might mean marriage for some as it is a change of status or becoming a parent etc. Venus on the MC might also mean something similar. I know when venus and mars hit my IC opposing my MC I went through a separation which lead to divorce and met someone during that time that I was involved with for a long time.
Unread 11-25-2008, 11:50 AM

On the transits of the uranus to DC, it does not happen till 2013 and Uranus is at that point 2 degrees past my AC and trining venus/mars/uranus stellium in the fifth. I will keep digging as ththe current Uranus transit has had me digging for about a year now as ususally something big does happen when uranus hits my chart and of course, it is something I would not have planned and when i saw it hits my AC soon I became increasingly alarmed l
Like right now, I would not plan to move from this house or change jobs as I have a certain amount of security in both so it would take something significant to move me ie marriage, lost job, as my focus has been on raising the two children in a stable situation. so , I am like the archeologist accept I am digging into the stars looking for the future instead of the past
I must say that astrology does give me some piece of calm as I feel on some levels forewarned.
Unread 11-25-2008, 12:27 PM

I have been looking at my wedding in 1969. I will only look at exact aspects or up to 1.5° and include progressions and transits.

SA Sun inconjunct Chiron (Outch!!)
SA Uranus (ruler of natal 4th) exactly semi-sextiled natal Pluto, ruler of my Asc.

I post this first, then will add the transits of both days.
SA Uranus sextile SA MC (change of status)
SA Moon in my 1st house exactly sextiled Neptune.
SA Venus conjunct Mercury and square Saturn and in the SA chart Venus trines Pluto.
SA North Node in 7th house exactly inconjunct natal Jupiter (ruler 2) and sextile MC.
SA Mars inconjunct Neptune (Mars traditional ruler of Asc.)
SA MC trine natal Sun, inconjunct exactly my natal Venus. (ruler of 7).
SA Ascendant exactly semi-sextile natal Moon, and trining Mars and opposing natal Uranus.
SA Mercury absolutely exactly opposed my natal Jupiter (ruler 2). Natal Mercury rules my 8th and 11th.

At the same time Progressed Moon was conjunct Pr. MC and exactly semi-sextile Pluto, natal as well as progressed.
Pr. Moon (11° Virgo) trine Pr. Venus(9° Taurus) and inconjunct natal Venus (12°Aries).
Pr. Moon trine natal Sun.(3° orb).
Pr. Venus squared natal Pluto. (natally they are in trine).
Pr. Asc. ruler Jupiter inconjunct both Progr. Mercury and Uranus
Pr. Asc. exactly inconjunct natal Sun.

Divorce: 11th july 2002
SA Uranus exactly trine natal Venus (it was a very amicably divorce).
SA Sun in natal 8 square natal Neptune.
SA Moon inconjunct natal Pluto and square natal Venus
SA Venus in natal 7, inconjunct natal Chiron
SA Mars, in natal 7, exactly sextile Pluto.

Progr. Moon conjunct natal MC exact.
Progr. Uranus sextile natal MC and conj. Part of Happines!! (how ironic...)
Progr. NN exactly conj. natal NN.
Pr. Venus exactly conjunct natal Uranus
Pr. Jupiter exactly inconjunct natal Mars

What is remarkable are the many inconjuncts. How could this be interpreted?

Last edited by starlink; 11-25-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Unread 11-25-2008, 12:54 PM

If we follow Noel in the theory of using only the family of squares for your marriage we would use: SA venus conjunct merc (relationship/contracts) and square Saturn (stability). What houses do these planets rule in the natal?
Then we could use the Merc opposite jupiter (emphasis on contracts?) You say merc rules 8th and 11th (transformation/ friendship/collective?)
Inconjuncts in progressions, as someone pointed out, indicate the need for a resolve of tension? Any Yods pointing to a choice? That would make perfect sense.
The divorce would be the SA sun square neptune and sun is in natal 8? What does it rule and neptune? Just curious as SA Neptune is opposed natal sun/square natal moon and sesqui venus/mars in my SA/natal chart right now
I would say the venus conjunct uranus on the progressed chart might seal the deal. I will look at my divorce. I wonder...did you use the date of the final legal disolution? or the time of separation. Since actual divorces tend to drag on and on and then the signing of the papers is anticlimatic
I wonder what date you would use? I have the date of the divorce. I will check that one.
Unread 11-25-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
What is remarkable are the many inconjuncts. How could this be interpreted?
Star,

From my experience, I have seen that inconjuncts are mainly supporting aspects to other main 'happening' aspects and add meat to the whole thing - as in support the changes and movements, which are triggered by main planetary aspects in SR's, transits, progressions... This is a solar-arc thread, so we are looking mainly at SA's, but I would have also liked to look at SR's and transits, too, as regards your divorce. That said, I do notice that SA Uranus (change) in trine (supporting) your natal Venus (partnerships), as well as your natal MC (public status) sextiled (supporting) by Uranus (change), which tells me that Uranus broke off that partnership and brought about a change in your public status plus status quo, and 'freed' you out of a marriage perhaps in which you were unhappy. The involvement of Venus made it all amicable, as you note, plus the trines and sextiles made it all happen perhaps quite smoothly(?). (Seeing charts/visuals always makes things more concrete and give the complete picture at a single glance.)

aquarius7000

Tags
arcs, love, solar