Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 04-15-2018, 10:57 AM
Krittika's Avatar
Krittika Krittika is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5
Venus connected to violence & death

Came across this response from a young, enlightened individual this morning:

How can Venus - the planet of love, harmony, and beauty be connected to an an avatar of Vishnu who kills his own mother?


This is because venus rules the natural Maraka houses 2 and 7 of death and destruction. He is the opposite polarity of Mars. Venus can be as brutal and ruthless as mars if the situation wants it to be. The 7th house here is important because it is the house of journey. Here it is that of the final journey towards the loka of pitris. Venus also rules Bharani nakshatra related to Yama, who is the God of death.

Venus rules vehicles and in terms of chakras he is connected to the air element. Air can displace things, so do vehicles. This is the reason he is the most malefic and deadly when it comes to death. He can rejuvenate the person by supplying them with Prana (air) at the same time he can remove the prana from the body and cause death. Prana is called Sanjeevani and Venus has mastery of Mrita Sanjeevani vidya. Hanuman and Bhima are equated to the wind element and they are nothing but Prana. They are incarnations of Vayu, the wind God himself. That in itself should give people hints that any form of regeneration or rejuvenation of the body and cells in the body happens because of prana. So Prana is the only saving grace for any disease in the body - emotional, physical, mental and spiritual.

There is also a simple way to look at it. Judge a person by his friends, same can be applied to planets as well. so see that venus is a friend of saturn and they are mutual friends to each other. This is one other reason. Saturn being the planet of death and venus being his friend, he assists him. Saturn being a malefic planet, Venus also has malefic nature. Many systems of astrology treat Venus as a malefic too. It is only the western system that considers him to be sensual and caring and loving etc. In terms of benefics there are only two - Jupiter and Mercury. Mercury can also pick malefic qualities depending on his associations in the chart as he is also a neutral planet. So that means there is only Jupiter who is the greatest benefic in the chart. Now you can see why the vedic astrology system gives high priority to Jupiter in the chart. So much so that in nadi astrology they treat Jupiter as the native himself.

I have seen time after time that fighters and boxers in UFC and wrestling have venus as soul planet. it did not make sense to me back then, but when you see the natural zodiac we can clearly relate to it.

Also Venus is equated to Bhima and Hanuman in the Mahabharatha and Srimad Ramayana respectively. Bhima was one of the ruthless on the battlefield at the same time he was the most honorable and loving person in his role of husband. You only have to read about Bhima to understand the ruthless and brutality he shows on the battlefield to understand venus on a new level.

Dushasana’s violent death:

Though Dushasana’s death is very much well known, still there might be some fact which may not be known by many people.

Bhima killed Dushasana by tearing up his chest. He then drank his blood and rejoiced. Then he took some blood from his heart for Draupadi who washed her hair with the blood. Until then Draupadi had made a vow that she would not tie her hair. So after the death of Dushasana, she tied it with his blood.

Some versions of Mahabharatha like KumaraVyasa Bharatha mention that he broke the jaw of Dushasana and used his teeth as comb to set Draupadi's hair. He broke his spinal chord and made an ornament for Draupadi. Bhima also pulled out the intestines of Dushasana and used it as a garland.

When Bhima gave Dushasana the most brutal death in Mahabharat war, he made it a spectacle.. The rathis (warrior), maharathis (great warrior), atirathis (warlord) from Pandava side rejoiced on the death of Dushasana. Similarly, rathis, maharathis, atirathis from Kaurava side were utterly devastated. However, the ordinary warriors like foot soldiers, infantry, cavalry, etc found this act blood curdling and highly sickening.

So what they show in modern TV series like Game of thrones etc, this had manifested like 5000-6000 years in the writing of the great personages like Brahmarisi Veda Vyasa.

The other fact is Bhima invited every single one of the people on the battlefield (from both the kaurava and pandava) camp to come and save Dushasana. He even invited Lord Sri Krishna and his own brother's from the Pandava side to come and save Dushasana by taunting them. Everyone just did not even have any courage to look at the sight, forget even attempting to face Bhima. Arjuna in a bit of excitement takes the challenge and goes down the chariot to attempt it as he felt insulted (Arjuna considered himself as the greatest warrior/archer that existed). Sri Krishna looks at Arjuna and says, look at what is happening there on the battlefield - who do you think is on the battlefield now? It is RUDRA (the most destrcutive form of Shiva who has potential to annihilate anything in the COSMOS) himself that is sitting there and wrecking havoc and destruction.. Sri Krishna was referring to BHIMA as RUDRA. When Shiva is performing his Rudra Tandava on the battlefield, people are just spectators and witness. So when Sri Krishna himself was just watching, he brought some sense back to Arjuna by pointing at that. Later, Arjuna also admitted it. He also became a spectator. Mind you this is the same Arjuna who had fought Shiva himself and acquired the Pashupathastra. But in this form of Shiva that was flowing through Bhima, even Arjuna could not do anything.

That is the other side of Venus that many are not aware of. On many occasions, Bhima also shows his loving, nurturing and caring side in the Mahabharatha. He was the best among the cooks, so he was capable of serving many nice meals like a good venus did. But on the battlefield he was Bhayankara Rudra, that form of Shiva that induced bone chilling fear.

In terms of predicting death of the native, Venus/Rahu, Venus/Saturn and even Venus/Venus himself can be significant times to give. Also if there is a dasa of a planet that is running and death has not occured, and venus bhukti is yet to run, it has high propensity to deliver death.

So those are the reasons. You can also read about the Parashurama avatar of Venus and you will see many parallels.
GY

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 09-06-2018, 04:53 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
I was sitting in my house one fine summer day, probably writing about astrology, when a gigantic whirlwind passed directly over the house. Powerful, shook the whole house.

Epiphany! The very powerful and violent whirlwind was a manifestation of Libran nature. Venus rules Libra.

Venus-Libra does not represent harmony and balance per se, but rather the effort to establish or reestablish balance.

The local atmosphere that summer's day had pockets of unequal (out-of-balance) pressures. The violent vortex was the means of restoring harmonious balance of pressure.

War serves the same function.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (09-06-2018)
  #3  
Unread 09-06-2018, 07:31 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,950
Re: Venus connected to violence & death

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
I was sitting in my house one fine summer day, probably writing about astrology, when a gigantic whirlwind passed directly over the house. Powerful, shook the whole house.

Epiphany! The very powerful and violent whirlwind was a manifestation of Libran nature. Venus rules Libra.

Venus-Libra does not represent harmony and balance per se, but rather the effort to establish or reestablish balance.

The local atmosphere that summer's day had pockets of unequal (out-of-balance) pressures. The violent vortex was the means of restoring harmonious balance of pressure.

War serves the same function.
For the MAYA and in the whole Mesoamerican cultures
the celestial lord for war was not Mars but Venus
which the Maya called Chak Ek’ the great star
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 09-06-2018, 07:38 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
Re: Venus connected to violence & death

yes, and in the Babylonian-Assyrian pantheon was Ishtahar.

Love and hate, peace and war are two sides of the same coin.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 50,950
Re: Venus connected to violence & death

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post

yes, and in the Babylonian-Assyrian pantheon was Ishtahar.
Love and hate, peace and war are two sides of the same coin.
Ishtar, (Akkadian)

Sumerian Inanna, in Mesopotamian religion, goddess of war and sexual love.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Ish...tamian-goddess
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 09-30-2018, 04:51 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krittika View Post
Came across this response from a young, enlightened individual this morning:

How can Venus - the planet of love, harmony, and beauty be connected to an an avatar of Vishnu who kills his own mother?


This is because venus rules the natural Maraka houses 2 and 7 of death and destruction. He is the opposite polarity of Mars. Venus can be as brutal and ruthless as mars if the situation wants it to be. The 7th house here is important because it is the house of journey. Here it is that of the final journey towards the loka of pitris. Venus also rules Bharani nakshatra related to Yama, who is the God of death.

Venus rules vehicles and in terms of chakras he is connected to the air element. Air can displace things, so do vehicles. This is the reason he is the most malefic and deadly when it comes to death. He can rejuvenate the person by supplying them with Prana (air) at the same time he can remove the prana from the body and cause death. Prana is called Sanjeevani and Venus has mastery of Mrita Sanjeevani vidya. Hanuman and Bhima are equated to the wind element and they are nothing but Prana. They are incarnations of Vayu, the wind God himself. That in itself should give people hints that any form of regeneration or rejuvenation of the body and cells in the body happens because of prana. So Prana is the only saving grace for any disease in the body - emotional, physical, mental and spiritual.

There is also a simple way to look at it. Judge a person by his friends, same can be applied to planets as well. so see that venus is a friend of saturn and they are mutual friends to each other. This is one other reason. Saturn being the planet of death and venus being his friend, he assists him. Saturn being a malefic planet, Venus also has malefic nature. Many systems of astrology treat Venus as a malefic too. It is only the western system that considers him to be sensual and caring and loving etc. In terms of benefics there are only two - Jupiter and Mercury. Mercury can also pick malefic qualities depending on his associations in the chart as he is also a neutral planet. So that means there is only Jupiter who is the greatest benefic in the chart. Now you can see why the vedic astrology system gives high priority to Jupiter in the chart. So much so that in nadi astrology they treat Jupiter as the native himself.

I have seen time after time that fighters and boxers in UFC and wrestling have venus as soul planet. it did not make sense to me back then, but when you see the natural zodiac we can clearly relate to it.

Also Venus is equated to Bhima and Hanuman in the Mahabharatha and Srimad Ramayana respectively. Bhima was one of the ruthless on the battlefield at the same time he was the most honorable and loving person in his role of husband. You only have to read about Bhima to understand the ruthless and brutality he shows on the battlefield to understand venus on a new level.

Dushasana’s violent death:

Though Dushasana’s death is very much well known, still there might be some fact which may not be known by many people.

Bhima killed Dushasana by tearing up his chest. He then drank his blood and rejoiced. Then he took some blood from his heart for Draupadi who washed her hair with the blood. Until then Draupadi had made a vow that she would not tie her hair. So after the death of Dushasana, she tied it with his blood.

Some versions of Mahabharatha like KumaraVyasa Bharatha mention that he broke the jaw of Dushasana and used his teeth as comb to set Draupadi's hair. He broke his spinal chord and made an ornament for Draupadi. Bhima also pulled out the intestines of Dushasana and used it as a garland.

When Bhima gave Dushasana the most brutal death in Mahabharat war, he made it a spectacle.. The rathis (warrior), maharathis (great warrior), atirathis (warlord) from Pandava side rejoiced on the death of Dushasana. Similarly, rathis, maharathis, atirathis from Kaurava side were utterly devastated. However, the ordinary warriors like foot soldiers, infantry, cavalry, etc found this act blood curdling and highly sickening.

So what they show in modern TV series like Game of thrones etc, this had manifested like 5000-6000 years in the writing of the great personages like Brahmarisi Veda Vyasa.

The other fact is Bhima invited every single one of the people on the battlefield (from both the kaurava and pandava) camp to come and save Dushasana. He even invited Lord Sri Krishna and his own brother's from the Pandava side to come and save Dushasana by taunting them. Everyone just did not even have any courage to look at the sight, forget even attempting to face Bhima. Arjuna in a bit of excitement takes the challenge and goes down the chariot to attempt it as he felt insulted (Arjuna considered himself as the greatest warrior/archer that existed). Sri Krishna looks at Arjuna and says, look at what is happening there on the battlefield - who do you think is on the battlefield now? It is RUDRA (the most destrcutive form of Shiva who has potential to annihilate anything in the COSMOS) himself that is sitting there and wrecking havoc and destruction.. Sri Krishna was referring to BHIMA as RUDRA. When Shiva is performing his Rudra Tandava on the battlefield, people are just spectators and witness. So when Sri Krishna himself was just watching, he brought some sense back to Arjuna by pointing at that. Later, Arjuna also admitted it. He also became a spectator. Mind you this is the same Arjuna who had fought Shiva himself and acquired the Pashupathastra. But in this form of Shiva that was flowing through Bhima, even Arjuna could not do anything.

That is the other side of Venus that many are not aware of. On many occasions, Bhima also shows his loving, nurturing and caring side in the Mahabharatha. He was the best among the cooks, so he was capable of serving many nice meals like a good venus did. But on the battlefield he was Bhayankara Rudra, that form of Shiva that induced bone chilling fear.

In terms of predicting death of the native, Venus/Rahu, Venus/Saturn and even Venus/Venus himself can be significant times to give. Also if there is a dasa of a planet that is running and death has not occured, and venus bhukti is yet to run, it has high propensity to deliver death.

So those are the reasons. You can also read about the Parashurama avatar of Venus and you will see many parallels.
GY
Very nicely done Krittika. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 10-21-2018, 02:40 AM
Somna7H's Avatar
Somna7H Somna7H is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 800
Re: Venus connected to violence & death

Thank!
Never thought of Venus from those perspective. I thought it represents pleasure etc. But now I am Very worried. Venus natural rular of Maraka house 2nd. And my Asc Lord Venus in 2nd House.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 10-21-2018, 02:49 AM
petosiris's Avatar
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,373
Re: Venus connected to violence & death

Venus rules poison in the Hellenistic tradition for whatever reason. It was also associated with pharmacy, and perhaps the idea of cure was extended to poisonous quantities of herbs.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
connected, death, shukra, vedic, venus, violence

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.