Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 11-07-2019, 11:45 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Creepy.

U
I love being a disgusting creepy little stalker with inferiority complexes up my ears making those 10īs puke by the sight of my ugly toe nails that stretches up my spine curling into my dirty hair.

Y

Unread 11-07-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
I love being a disgusting creepy little stalker with inferiority complexes up my ears making those 10īs puke by the sight of my ugly toe nails that stretches up my spine curling into my dirty hair.

Y
Do me a favour and write something a bit more aesthetically appealing, your imagery recently has been too much! Too much I say! This is your final warning! If you do not start behaving, I will have to call in the big boys! By that I mean I will get Lykanized to sort you out!

U
Unread 11-07-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Do me a favour and write something a bit more aesthetically appealing, your imagery recently has been too much! Too much I say! This is your final warning! If you do not start behaving, I will have to call in the big boys! By that I mean I will get Lykanized to sort you out!

U
Too much for your witch ghost by your side because she feels like my description is nagging on the truth about her too much?

I dont know for sure you know, I am just making a presumption here.

Y
Unread 11-07-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Too much for your witch ghost by your side because she feels like my description is nagging on the truth about her too much?

I dont know for sure you know, I am just making a presumption here.

Y
And if anyone want to make a distorted interpretation of my words in the sense that I was pointing at lykanized in my last post they are wrong.

Y
Unread 11-07-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
And if anyone want to make a distorted interpretation of my words in the sense that I was pointing at lykanized in my last post they are wrong.

Y
You sound scared, old chap! I think you have Mercury in Scorpio natally and it is conjunct the transit as we speak! Youíve gone practically crazy! Crazy I say! You also sound scared of my friend! Haha!

U
Unread 11-07-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
The author is pseudonymous. Supposedly someone who sacrificed to Saturn, immediately had a crazy trip and healed rapidly and impossibly from a disastrous physical situation, and lived a life of scholarly comfort and privacy after years of initial privation. Then, supposedly, died a grim and it's implied Saturnine death in the end. I'm not doubting the 30 years of Saturnine practice. They probably are the realest thing about that story. The scholarship feels by turns insightful and sloppy. I think I mentioned to you before - looked up a passage from a historical religious book which by any even casual lay reading means the opposite of what Dr. Moros suggested. The sloppiness I recognize concerns assertions about the non-Western world; maybe western practitioners "wouldn't mind" what to me are rule-outs. Frustrating to say the least - obviously there are good nuggets in there, but which ones are the good ones?

It does look like there's at least 10-12 professors / academics in various liberal arts departments across the western world studying saturnine philosophy and practice under the guise of .. I forget who they say they're studying, but once you see the name it's easier to pick them out.
I notice a few of these folks are big on self-mythologizing. LaVey is the most colourful example; apparently his influences heavily include various creatives/artists. There's a high level of attention paid to aesthetics in his philosophy, and he's had his effect on the current names in the "circuit". The author of the infernal geometry book paid his respects to Anton LaVey, Stephen E. Flowers and Michael Aquino.

At least there is some insight to be had from him, although to say that he's sloppy with the non-western world doesn't say much for well roundedness, and when the synopsis claims a good portion of the material focusing on those non-western elements, it sounds to me that there are more misses than hits. Just from my vantage point, his voice is valuable because of the heavy amount of experience he's had with the planetary force.

You've counted 10 to 12 distinct voices? Got anymore names?

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 11-08-2019 at 12:02 AM.
Unread 11-07-2019, 11:54 PM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

The villain of Tolkien's Trilogy, Sauron, was clearly related to Saturn, rings and all. Fits the ruler of the tropical Age of Capricorn perfectly, including the lust for full control.
Unread 11-08-2019, 12:15 AM

I've never read his trilogy, maybe I should. Never watched the movies either. But I did read his chart delineation on skyscript, which I oddly can't go on at the moment. They did mention the influence of Saturn in his life so it may not be such a coincidence that it can be seen in his creation.

Funny yet not so funny coincidence. The book that I'm reading is about "9 angles", and the next topic I plan to look into is from Claudio Naranjo, a proponent of the enneagram which is also constellated around the number 9. I guess the significance of 9 is bubbling in my subconscious.
Unread 11-08-2019, 01:43 AM

Does the name Karl Maria Wiligut ring any bells?
Unread 11-08-2019, 01:57 AM

I'm vaguely aware that you're pointing me down a path, but I actually wasn't addressing that whole conundrum. Apparently Wiligut is the "strongest" testament of an "honest to goodness occultist" during the reign of Nazi Germany. Allegedly a lot of the concepts of the SS occurred between himself and Himmler. Hitler wasn't so hot for occultism, giving such groups a hard time while he was in power.

As to the shortening of the story, are you speaking broadly or is it directed to me specifically?

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 11-08-2019 at 02:00 AM.
Unread 11-08-2019, 02:04 AM

You asked for the names of the people writing on saturnine practice and theology, so I assumed you were still on that topic.

It makes sense that Hitlerís occultist would be capable of manifesting the most negative dimensions of Saturn. I am not interested in that even a little bit. Iím interested in beautiful patterns - as defined by life, not something we impose on it. Havenít seen that in contemporary or other writings on Saturn.

Regarding your last question: Thatís what Iím getting out of it myself. Did you think it a scolding?
Unread 11-08-2019, 02:13 AM

Yeah, I realised that we went down different paths on the forked road. To give you an idea of where I am, I am making a sort of "internal constellation of ideas" and the Saturnine philosophy as practiced by the professors is a branch among many. If some of those professors happen to be German, a critical look at the occult influences of their history is warranted and logical to me.

Wiligut was a runes guy not astrological as far I know. You could even say that the antisemitism of the regime was a holdover from medieval times where the church was burning everyone for being heretics. Jews would then be classed as "Christ killers"

Speaking of looking back historically, I had this really good and comprehensive book on Rastafarianism that I didn't give a **** about as a teenager, and its now gone. Serves me right.
Unread 11-08-2019, 03:53 AM

That sounds like a fun mapping of the archetypal universe.
The appeal of ďancestral clairvoyanceĒ is undeniable but you obviously seem to be looking for something with greater integrity.
My impression has been that antisemitism was not really about belief systems, like scapegoating is usually not about the goat.

Is the book about Rastafarianism something youíd have to locate a physical copy of too?
Unread 11-08-2019, 04:56 AM

Fortunately I know the hole in the wall where I can get that book. Who knows, I might even scan it so I can have an e-copy.

Probably the literal facts of the scapegoat isn't as important, but there's no doubt that some belief systems require a "Satan" that bolsters the cause of the "elect". A philosophy that has a good vs. evil. Whether it is advancing the good news of the "one true God" or ethnic cleansing to usher in a thousand year Reich to be ruled by a masterrace. Anyone and anything against the case is suspect.

I'm reminded of a couple of videos I shared the other day. The one I shared on west vs. east storytelling. The structure of a traditional western story requires conflict while conflict isn't necessary to an eastern story. How funny then, that a lot of the influences that are dominant in the western world were actually from the middle east.

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 11-08-2019 at 04:59 AM.
Unread 11-08-2019, 05:44 AM

Oh, I wanted the transcript to see if it made sense. Iím assuming youíre talking about the structure of a narrative arc? Despite the obvious interest and value in social harmony in the broader East I havenít seen what would be called conflict aversion. Itís just.. different.

Also, please share if you scan the Rastafarian book! Liberation theologies are the best kind.

Last edited by passiflora; 11-08-2019 at 06:00 AM.
Unread 11-08-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
How funny then, that a lot of the influences that are dominant in the western world were actually from the middle east.
I like the fact that we have same common sense, conspirator. Masterrace abusing the power of "One true GOD". My friend, repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Unread 11-08-2019, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I realised that we went down different paths on the forked road. To give you an idea of where I am, I am making a sort of "internal constellation of ideas" and the Saturnine philosophy as practiced by the professors is a branch among many. If some of those professors happen to be German, a critical look at the occult influences of their history is warranted and logical to me.

Wiligut was a runes guy not astrological as far I know. You could even say that the antisemitism of the regime was a holdover from medieval times where the church was burning everyone for being heretics. Jews would then be classed as "Christ killers"
That's empirical evidence that the history of this tropical Age, beginning with the formation of the Roman Catholic Church, isn't that of tropical Pisces--far too confrontational and dictatorial. The atrocities of this Age, including the 2 World Wars and the smaller, regional wars ongoing, are neither Neptunian nor Jupiterian. Fits the Saturn/Mars axis of Capricornian Age-rulership quite well.
Unread 11-08-2019, 08:19 AM

The transition from the Age of Heroes () to the Age of the Goat () is in keeping with the historical record.
Unread 11-08-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
That's empirical evidence that the history of this tropical Age, beginning with the formation of the Roman Catholic Church, isn't that of tropical Pisces--far too confrontational and dictatorial. The atrocities of this Age, including the 2 World Wars and the smaller, regional wars ongoing, are neither Neptunian nor Jupiterian. Fits the Saturn/Mars axis of Capricornian Age-rulership quite well.
What would the sidereal Age of Pisces contribute to this picture? Does the sidereal cycles focus on spirituality have any bearing at all? Or do you see it working more subtly?
Unread 11-08-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
What would the sidereal Age of Pisces contribute to this picture? Does the sidereal cycles focus on spirituality have any bearing at all? Or do you see it working more subtly?
More subtly is a good description. The Age defines the generally accepted version of reality. In Saturnian reality, Neptune is a "delusional" influence, and vice versa. For example, "What profiteth a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?"-{Mathew 16:26} is Neptunian, as is "As you do unto the least of these, so you do unto Me"-{Mathew 25:40}
The purely Saturnian-influenced view is that there's no soul, no afterlife, and no true code of morality--the material world is all that matters, and devil-take-the-hindmost.

Last edited by david starling; 11-08-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Unread 11-08-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
You sound scared, old chap! I think you have Mercury in Scorpio natally and it is conjunct the transit as we speak! Youíve gone practically crazy! Crazy I say! You also sound scared of my friend! Haha!

U
Yeah, go ahead and believe that if that makes your pollyramous happy.

Skiddidodles of snoodles for your poodles is all I can say for chicks like you and your carcircle friend.

Y
Unread 11-09-2019, 07:53 AM

David Bowie's Natal-chart is definitely worth a look.
Unread 11-09-2019, 12:35 PM

Well itís over with that guy before it begun. He didnít turn up to the date on Saturday and even though he apologised and said he travelled to visit a friend on the Friday, there was a lack of conversation, which made me feel cold and left out and when I voiced it, he just didnít reply to me and so I waited a few days and then blocked him. The guy led with sex but couldnít give me any conversation, I definitely need someone with water!! My soul is crying for it! I kinda saw it coming.
Unread 11-09-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
David Bowie's Natal-chart is definitely worth a look.
What's the relevance?
Unread 11-09-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
More subtly is a good description. The Age defines the generally accepted version of reality. In Saturnian reality, Neptune is a "delusional" influence, and vice versa. For example, "What profiteth a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?"-{Mathew 16:26} is Neptunian, as is "As you do unto the least of these, so you do unto Me"-{Mathew 25:40}
The purely Saturnian-influenced view is that there's no soul, no afterlife, and no true code of morality--the material world is all that matters, and devil-take-the-hindmost.
I'm interested to know your thoughts on the dichotomy between the esoteric (sidereal) and exoteric (tropical). It seems that the exoteric is dominant in this age, while the spiritual will be dominant in the upcoming one. I'm wondering what determines the supremacy of one over the other - is it the current "state" of humanity or the nature of the greater cycles that determine the more influential force.

I know it's a mixture, but from what I'm getting from you Capricorn seems to be the more forceful influence.