Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 10-25-2019, 08:31 PM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Waa gwaan, mi general?

Unread 10-25-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Anyone enjoying Sun in Scorp yet?
No! I mean, itís intense.
Unread 10-25-2019, 09:23 PM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunConjunctUranus View Post
Waa gwaan, mi general?
Wuzzup?
Unread 10-25-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
No! I mean, itís intense.
Yeah, takes some getting used to.
Unread 10-25-2019, 09:44 PM

Regarding table manners, there was a saying, "Don't eat with your mouth open--a fly might get in." to admonish children. So, here's a fun saying playing off of that:
"Don't think with an open mind--a new idea might get in." Food for thought!

Last edited by david starling; 10-25-2019 at 11:29 PM.
Unread 10-25-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
So I spoke with Jeremy Neal regarding the two articles I posted on here a while back. For the one about Pluto's dignities, he created a system based on the ideas of Alexander Volguine, who he first encountered in the 1980s. He culled from the journal Volguine wrote called Cahiers Astrologique, where Volguine derived a system of dignity based on the Hindu Shadbalas. Since then he's tweaked, refined and made it his own factoring in things such as reception and ferality. He finds his personally constructed system very useful for the insights its garnered him.

As to the one on the levels of human consciousness, his gotten a lot of inspiration from the ideas of David Hawkins, and he summed up by saying that the scale was derived at using kinesiology. The indication is that this isn't the whole picture, but he assured me that it was essentially true.

I conjecture that based on what he said about the planetary scale, that he might have culled from things such as the study of pressure points and the chakra systems in the body. That's just my hunch anyway. In any event, there is something pleasing to me about the fact that this scale has an element of embodiment or significance to the body. In a way it seems to hit upon what passiflora was alluding to when she spoke about the psychodynamics of an astrological system.

I also asked him about the ages. Essentially it says while he enjoys unravelling occult mysteries, he much rather focus on the areas of astrology that will aid in further self-actualisation and functioning in societies with its complex social expectations. I could PM you his exact words on the matter, David.

You could hit him up at chirotic.school@gmail. He's pretty cordial, although he won't go into too much details as to how he has come to his conclusions astrology, partly because a lot of it is embodied and intuitive knowledge accumulated over a lifetime of doing astrology.
As a professional, he's understandably not teaching his proprietary methods. Is "self-actualisation" his own description? Sounds kind of "New Agey".
What still amazes me is how hooked nearly al! of the tropical, Modernistic astrologers are on the sidereal Age of Pisces concept. Even though it doesn't register on the tropical scale of measurement. It's like a religious viewpoint immune to logic.
Yes, I would like to know his exact words on the matter, thanks.
Unread 10-26-2019, 12:10 AM

Also, conspiracy theorist, if no one else has done it well enough, perhaps an embodied esoteric physiology / astrology could be written by you, pseudonymously, side project, etc.
Unread 10-26-2019, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
One of the things I like about using nodes for spiritual evolutionary pointers is that everyone has them and one isnít necessarily better than the other. Maybe thatís my Pisces SN talking, whatever
Does your SN conj your Saturn?
Unread 10-26-2019, 01:50 PM

Mercury goes Retrograde on Nov. 1st, and will station Direct on Nov. 21st. In 12/12, which is a pattern based on Direct-motion, Mercury is a Benefactor in Scorpio. Good chance to see how its Retrograde-state affects that.
Unread 10-26-2019, 02:31 PM

NOT liking Mars in Libra square Saturn in Capricorn.
It's exact tomorrow, in 24 hours.
Unread 10-26-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I Love those dry extended, stone hard and stone cold Saturn squares because it ***** those little rats dry of all their energies they have in their cheek pouches.

Y
Unread 10-26-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I think thatís the energy Iíve not been liking.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-26-2019)
Unread 10-26-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Stone hard and stone cold, huh.

I am starting electrical rewiring during Merc retro. Itís in my 2nd, a very retro project, unexpected expense. Now need to figure out if the latest electric-company-caused wildfires and blackouts mean adding a generator, another costly unplanned expense.
It's in my 9th. I'm hoping for some unexpected revelations.
Unread 10-26-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Wuzzup?
LeBum should retire and run for President instead!
Unread 10-27-2019, 03:58 AM

Quote:
As a professional, he's understandably not teaching his proprietary methods. Is "self-actualisation" his own description? Sounds kind of "New Agey".
What still amazes me is how hooked nearly al! of the tropical, Modernistic astrologers are on the sidereal Age of Pisces concept. Even though it doesn't register on the tropical scale of measurement. It's like a religious viewpoint immune to logic.
Yes, I would like to know his exact words on the matter, thanks.
Yes, self-actualisation is his words. Would you consider Maslow to be new age?

Reading between the lines of what he said, he didn't do an in-depth look into the Age of Aquarius phenomenon, and I think his opinion is understandable if you go by the most vocal and mainstream proponents of it. What you are doing with ages is unique, and you've focused on them extensively over the years. I don't think it's religiousity but more like the inertia of an idea that is accepted as a result of the sheer volume of its repetition.
david starling (10-27-2019)
Unread 10-27-2019, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks for doing that!
What are shadbalas?

I wanted to like David Hawkins - isnít he MD / PhD? - and got one of his books 10-15 years ago but found it ... uh ... to have a number of unexamined or carelessly-absorbed-from-the-limited-environment kind of ideas. A lot of the levels of consciousness work done by various communities has this same kind of eurocentric or ďI just HAVE to be better than youĒ underlying energy. Weirdly competitive. One of the things I like about using nodes for spiritual evolutionary pointers is that everyone has them and one isnít necessarily better than the other. Maybe thatís my Pisces SN talking, whatever
It's been enough time since this post that you've probably went out and looked them up, but I'm going to post a link just because I can.
https://www.dirah.org/shadbala.htm

I'm unfamiliar with the shadbalas, as well as the two authors so I don't have much thoughts on the matter.

That observation regarding the competitiveness of western philosophies reminds me of this video essay I encountered a while back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGiajG2g-Nc
Unread 10-27-2019, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Also, conspiracy theorist, if no one else has done it well enough, perhaps an embodied esoteric physiology / astrology could be written by you, pseudonymously, side project, etc.
It's an intriguing possibility, but I'd want to take such a project seriously, which would mean going deeply into esoteric practices that focus on the body and the energetics of the body, as well as a survey of all the ideas from antiquity till now, or at least the major ones. Stuff like mesmerism, yoga, Chinese martial arts etc. It's sounds like a wonderful project. Maybe I'll engage these projects when my progressed Mercury hits Aquarius, where it will be in conjunction with progressed Uranus.

Lately my faculties have been externalised, so that I'm not doing so much reading as I am doing a lot more listening and watching. I'm going with the flow of this new focus.

Last edited by conspiracy theorist; 10-27-2019 at 04:16 AM.
Unread 10-27-2019, 04:22 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7h0M-imFb8
Unread 10-27-2019, 06:36 AM

Mars in Libra square Saturn in Cap correlates to all these fires and blackouts in California. Our street's power went out 2 hours ago, whereas houses and street lights nearby are still on.
The info from PG&E stated explicitly that our area wouldn't be affected. Somebody blundered. No word yet on when our electricity will be restored.
Won't be able to charge the tablet, which is getting low.

Last edited by david starling; 10-29-2019 at 04:13 AM.
Unread 10-27-2019, 06:43 AM

@passiflora

It's an interview with Jonna Mendes, former chief of disguise at the CIA. It touches on a lot of topics, from her how she got into the agency, her time there, the relationship with her husband who was also an agent, some of the tradecraft that they used (declassified of course), her book and the write ups of other agents and so forth. Great interview, wicked sharp woman and I've noted a couple of the book titles which I'll find later.

@David

Apparently Leader of ISIS Abu Bakr was taken out, and Trump is supposed to be giving a briefing on that tomorrow morning a 9am (didn't check the time zone). Good timing with the two malefics squaring off?
Unread 10-27-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
@passiflora

It's an interview with Jonna Mendes, former chief of disguise at the CIA. It touches on a lot of topics, from her how she got into the agency, her time there, the relationship with her husband who was also an agent, some of the tradecraft that they used (declassified of course), her book and the write ups of other agents and so forth. Great interview, wicked sharp woman and I've noted a couple of the book titles which I'll find later.

@David

Apparently Leader of ISIS Abu Bakr was taken out, and Trump is supposed to be giving a briefing on that tomorrow morning a 9am (didn't check the time zone). Good timing with the two malefics squaring off?
Advantage, Saturn.
Unread 10-27-2019, 09:53 PM

Moon's in Scorp. [Tropical]
Unread 10-28-2019, 08:53 PM

It's an asteroid! No, it's the new smallest dwarf planet in our solar system

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/28/world...eKxNgCf_D2dfyY
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 10-28-2019, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
It's an asteroid! No, it's the new smallest dwarf planet in our solar system

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/28/world...eKxNgCf_D2dfyY
Hygeia, goddess of hygiene. Must be a secondary Domicle-ruler of Virgo.
Unread 10-29-2019, 02:38 AM

Waiting for a bus for years and two come along at once
The Following User Says Thank You to Ukpoohbear For This Useful Post:
SunConjunctUranus (10-29-2019)