Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 12-21-2017, 03:15 AM
UraSatVen1029's Avatar
UraSatVen1029 UraSatVen1029 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 493
Moon In Aquarius

There are several things I've realized with having this kind of placement.

Even in the Aquarius placement, it's still quite emotional. Yes, it's aloof, detached, distant and even a little insensitive, but really. When it's about causes that can benefit as a whole or a group, they can get quite enthusiastic, humanistic and passionate. When it's about bestfriends who you can truly trust and accept you, it's quite attached and loving. Then again, maybe my other aspects play a part on this, but my Moon conjunction Uranus in Aquarius is roughly 3-4 degrees and it is the tightest moon aspect i have, plus my dominant planet is Uranus. So this can still overpower some aspects.

A lot of detached thinking. "Outside looking In" is very easy with placement, especially when dealing with your own emotional matters. You can see yourself in another placement that demonstrates you as the outsider of your own self. It's like I could be another different person looking at myself at the same time. This way you can rationalize. Does this apply to other Aquarius Mooners as well? Maybe that's also the reason why some people may call it a "un-emotional" placement, because of the rationalizing. But I find this beneficial, because it makes you stay calm and grounded, less reckless and impulsive.

Yet, this "Outsider" thing can also make you feel lonely. Emotionally, not a lot of people will be in tune with you emotionally in your level. While this is quite common whenever moon signs are in square, the Uranian energy here really makes you seem quirky. Weird. Electric and odd in both good and bad ways. I can't decide whether this placement can make you relate to others or not, because what I've read and felt have some contradicting points to it. It could be compassionate because it is concern about humanity, groups collectively, and etc. but on the other hand, it has a hard time relating too? So they don't actually connect genuinely to others? I still don't get this part.

Are these Lunar Aquarians introverted or extroverted? It kinda seems like both to me. The Leo Moon is definitely an extrovert, but with Aquarian Moons, I've observed that they can be both. Which is nice.

When it comes to the love & romantic relationships, this placement is unpredictable. Like ****. One minute, you're highly attached and drunk in love, the next you just want your lover miles away from you-- in a matter of minutes or seconds. Why is that? It's understandable that even with their lovers, they still keep them an arm's length away from them, but the erratic and sudden change of feelings is quite dangerous. I've found this really bad for me becaue my two past relationships have been a fail because of my emotional nature. THIS kind of emotional nature. It ***** because I end up regretting what I did.

Any other Aquarius moons there? Has anything I stated above resonated wih you? Have more to add?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UraSatVen1029 For This Useful Post:
theoddone (12-23-2017)
  #2  
Unread 12-21-2017, 04:12 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,807
Re: Moon In Aquarius

When I first realized that my daughter was going to be born with her Moon in Aquarius, I will admit I was concerned.

I had always thought of Aquarian Moons as being detached and kind of cold.

My husband has Moon in Cancer, part of a water grand trine. And I am predominately Scorpio/Taurus. Our son has Moon in Taurus.

So I worried about having a little Gemini with her Moon in Aquarius.


I have read a lot about Aquarius moons since her birth, 25 years ago. And I totally agree with your fine description of the 'complicated' emotional energy available to Aquarius Moons. Emotional, sensitive, except when they are not...

My daughter is very emotional in many instances. She LOVES animals. She became a vegan at a very young age because she could not emotionally deal with eating animals, nor with the cruelty she sees about the whole meat industry.

So in many ways she is ultra-emotionally sensitive and reactive. If she sees someone truly in need or in danger, she will take action and do something to help/

And yet, in her daily life, with friends and family, she is sometimes dismissive and suspicious, when someone is 'all emotional'---as she refers to it.

She is very beautiful, and when she first began dating, she broke up with any boyfriend that got too 'lovey dovey' as she called it. She hated it when they would gaze into her eyes and just stare---she thought it was corny and creepy, and she would dump them if they pronounced their love for her too quickly. She just thought they were phony because those kinds of schmaltzy emotional feelings did not come too easily for her. It kind of repulsed her, lol

It was not until she was in her early 20's that she fully fell in true love. She has her Mercury and Venus in Taurus, so her relationships have been pretty stable since then.

One major thing that I love and appreciate about her Moon in Aquarius is the way she can stay calm and detached in very intense emotional situations. She can take a bit of time to think things through and be rational. We even laugh together about her 'lists' ---she makes 'pro' vs 'con' lists when she has to make a huge decision.

When she recently broke up with her long time boyfriend, she had 8 things listed in the 'pro' section, as reasons she should dump him. The only thing listed in 'con' was 'I still love him.' So in spite of that big 'con'---she had to rationally and logically make the hard decision to toss him out.

When she was a little girl, it was obvious that she had delayed emotional reactions. if something really hurtful or painful happened, she would barely react at first. But then hours later, she would have a meltdown.

She is still kind of that way. And she says that she needs to process her emotions before she actually 'feels' them physically.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-21-2017), StillOne (12-26-2017)
  #3  
Unread 12-21-2017, 05:49 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,493
Smile Re: Moon In Aquarius

With Pisces Ascendant Conjunct Mercury and Mars in Pisces, and Sun in Pisces, Moon and Venus Conjunct in Aquarius is a blessing.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
katydid (12-21-2017)
  #4  
Unread 12-21-2017, 08:27 AM
UraSatVen1029's Avatar
UraSatVen1029 UraSatVen1029 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
With Pisces Ascendant Conjunct Mercury and Mars in Pisces, and Sun in Pisces, Moon and Venus Conjunct in Aquarius is a blessing.
Wow that's quite an energy! I have Jupiter in Pisces sextile my ascendant and Neptune in 1st house, but I can't quite imagine have that much Piscean energy! Well, I bet that Moon and Venus Aquarius helps you a lot. I do have Moon-Uranus conjunction in Aquarius and it helps me stabilize my Sun-Ven-Merc-Chiron in Scorpio.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UraSatVen1029 For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-25-2017)
  #5  
Unread 12-21-2017, 08:15 AM
UraSatVen1029's Avatar
UraSatVen1029 UraSatVen1029 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
When I first realized that my daughter was going to be born with her Moon in Aquarius, I will admit I was concerned.

I had always thought of Aquarian Moons as being detached and kind of cold.

My husband has Moon in Cancer, part of a water grand trine. And I am predominately Scorpio/Taurus. Our son has Moon in Taurus.

So I worried about having a little Gemini with her Moon in Aquarius.


I have read a lot about Aquarius moons since her birth, 25 years ago. And I totally agree with your fine description of the 'complicated' emotional energy available to Aquarius Moons. Emotional, sensitive, except when they are not...

My daughter is very emotional in many instances. She LOVES animals. She became a vegan at a very young age because she could not emotionally deal with eating animals, nor with the cruelty she sees about the whole meat industry.

So in many ways she is ultra-emotionally sensitive and reactive. If she sees someone truly in need or in danger, she will take action and do something to help/

And yet, in her daily life, with friends and family, she is sometimes dismissive and suspicious, when someone is 'all emotional'---as she refers to it.

She is very beautiful, and when she first began dating, she broke up with any boyfriend that got too 'lovey dovey' as she called it. She hated it when they would gaze into her eyes and just stare---she thought it was corny and creepy, and she would dump them if they pronounced their love for her too quickly. She just thought they were phony because those kinds of schmaltzy emotional feelings did not come too easily for her. It kind of repulsed her, lol

It was not until she was in her early 20's that she fully fell in true love. She has her Mercury and Venus in Taurus, so her relationships have been pretty stable since then.

One major thing that I love and appreciate about her Moon in Aquarius is the way she can stay calm and detached in very intense emotional situations. She can take a bit of time to think things through and be rational. We even laugh together about her 'lists' ---she makes 'pro' vs 'con' lists when she has to make a huge decision.

When she recently broke up with her long time boyfriend, she had 8 things listed in the 'pro' section, as reasons she should dump him. The only thing listed in 'con' was 'I still love him.' So in spite of that big 'con'---she had to rationally and logically make the hard decision to toss him out.

When she was a little girl, it was obvious that she had delayed emotional reactions. if something really hurtful or painful happened, she would barely react at first. But then hours later, she would have a meltdown.

She is still kind of that way. And she says that she needs to process her emotions before she actually 'feels' them physically.
Idk if it's me but I feel the love in your writing about your daughter. She sounds wonderful! <3

You confirmed it. This aquarius placement does make the person emotional and sensitive--but with other things and people not immediately close to them. I'm also a strong lover of animals ever since I was a little girl! I loved going to zoos but I always questioned the purpose of having zoos back then, it always made me excited when I'm about to enter one but also sad after I exit it. I always wanted to reach out to homeless people and children but my parents would stop me from it. Now I dream of earning millions for the purpose of helping the people in need in the future-- I want to make sure this money is used properly unlike the politicians in my country *cue in eyeroll*

I also cry very easily for other people's pain but this must be my Neptune in 1st house placement. But when it comes to dealing with my family members, I get real harsh and cold too when the situation also calls it. So its also true that with this placement, we tend to feel uncomfortable with direct display of affection. Even with words. I like it better when it's mroe subtle and deep. I'm always suspicious if its so open and obvious.

But the eye contact for me is sexy, I do have Venus in Scorpio. I sometimes flirt with just eye contact.

Yes! So she does the pros and cons thing too! I do that as well haha. But sometimes I don't follow it through because of my other water placements, but most of the time it saved me. I also do that a lot whenever I feel very emotional about some event or some realization. It aids me to healing myself too. I also have my Moon in 1st house, sometimes my "nurturing and caring" energy is expressed towards myself.

But the delayed emotional reaction is also very true, and this was also very obvious when I was younger. Sometimes, the more painful and deeper the situation was, the more time I really need to emotionally process it as well. At first, I just think about it like I how I would view it in another person's perspective, but days, months, or even years later, I finally realize how it actually affected me and this is when I finally "cry" about it. Knowing about this makes me really sad as well. I mean, it sounds really sad because a person has to emotionally process them first before being able to really feel them, and I find that it becomes even more painful afterwards because with the time that comes with it, you might even feel more pain and regret I know I have. When my first lap dog died, I was just quiet. But after i went home from school when my dog was finally buried, I cried and wanted to hold him for the last time. When my grandfather died, I felt sad mainly for my mom, but a few days later when we celebrated his birthday, I thought about how kind and warm he was and I regretted not being able to talk more to him and that's when I broke down for real.

It's suuucks but I'm still this way even now.

Oh, and btw, can she turn off her emotions very quickly? I find that I can do this a lot too. Like in the middle of feeling something, when i really want to stop it, it just disapears so fast it scares me. It also frustrates me too because it prevents me from getting it all out.

That Gemini with Aquarius moon placement reminds me of Marilyn Monroe haha

Last edited by UraSatVen1029; 12-21-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 12-21-2017, 08:23 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,493
Smile Re: Moon In Aquarius

I believe that Moon in Aquarius actually adds to the Venus in Scorpio effect--and, makes it work for you, instead of against you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 12-21-2017, 08:29 AM
UraSatVen1029's Avatar
UraSatVen1029 UraSatVen1029 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I believe that Moon in Aquarius actually adds to the Venus in Scorpio effect--and, makes it work for you, instead of against you.
How?? I have that Moon square Venus btw. So how will it work for me?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 12-24-2017, 05:46 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,493
Smile Re: Moon In Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraSatVen1029 View Post
How?? I have that Moon square Venus btw. So how will it work for me?
It's not an Opposition. It just keeps it under control.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 12-21-2017, 09:43 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,807
Re: Moon In Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraSatVen1029 View Post
Idk if it's me but I feel the love in your writing about your daughter. She sounds wonderful! <3

You confirmed it. This aquarius placement does make the person emotional and sensitive--but with other things and people not immediately close to them. I'm also a strong lover of animals ever since I was a little girl! I loved going to zoos but I always questioned the purpose of having zoos back then, it always made me excited when I'm about to enter one but also sad after I exit it. I always wanted to reach out to homeless people and children but my parents would stop me from it. Now I dream of earning millions for the purpose of helping the people in need in the future-- I want to make sure this money is used properly unlike the politicians in my country *cue in eyeroll*

I also cry very easily for other people's pain but this must be my Neptune in 1st house placement. But when it comes to dealing with my family members, I get real harsh and cold too when the situation also calls it. So its also true that with this placement, we tend to feel uncomfortable with direct display of affection. Even with words. I like it better when it's mroe subtle and deep. I'm always suspicious if its so open and obvious.

But the eye contact for me is sexy, I do have Venus in Scorpio. I sometimes flirt with just eye contact.

Yes! So she does the pros and cons thing too! I do that as well haha. But sometimes I don't follow it through because of my other water placements, but most of the time it saved me. I also do that a lot whenever I feel very emotional about some event or some realization. It aids me to healing myself too. I also have my Moon in 1st house, sometimes my "nurturing and caring" energy is expressed towards myself.

But the delayed emotional reaction is also very true, and this was also very obvious when I was younger. Sometimes, the more painful and deeper the situation was, the more time I really need to emotionally process it as well. At first, I just think about it like I how I would view it in another person's perspective, but days, months, or even years later, I finally realize how it actually affected me and this is when I finally "cry" about it. Knowing about this makes me really sad as well. I mean, it sounds really sad because a person has to emotionally process them first before being able to really feel them, and I find that it becomes even more painful afterwards because with the time that comes with it, you might even feel more pain and regret I know I have. When my first lap dog died, I was just quiet. But after i went home from school when my dog was finally buried, I cried and wanted to hold him for the last time. When my grandfather died, I felt sad mainly for my mom, but a few days later when we celebrated his birthday, I thought about how kind and warm he was and I regretted not being able to talk more to him and that's when I broke down for real.

It's suuucks but I'm still this way even now.

Oh, and btw, can she turn off her emotions very quickly? I find that I can do this a lot too. Like in the middle of feeling something, when i really want to stop it, it just disapears so fast it scares me. It also frustrates me too because it prevents me from getting it all out.

That Gemini with Aquarius moon placement reminds me of Marilyn Monroe haha
That is funny that you mentioned Marilyn. My daughter has a gorgeous black and white photo of her, that she has had for ages. I once told her that her chart is very similar to Marilyn's, and she was kind of moved by that emotionally. For some reason she has always felt very connected to her somehow.


Yes, your descriptions of your need to process emotions is very similar. I remember when my daughter was in kindergarten and our family cat, that she really loved, had been hit by a car. My husband called me to tell me, just as I was picking her up from school. He and our son had already taken her to the vet, where she died.

We were so worried about telling her because she loved Zorro very much. But that night, when we sat down and told her, she calmly took it in, then asked if Zorro was in heaven, with Grandma. We said yes, and then she seemed OK about it at the time.

A few days later she saw his collar, which we had taken off at the vet. she took one look at it, then had a total meltdown.She collapsed on the floor crying, saying I MISS ZORRO, over and over. I guess it took a few days to really process the loss.

She can 'turn off' her emotions, for a little while. She can stay calm and rational and try to think things through.

And YES, I love her very much. We are really close. She and I don't agree on everything but we talk and stay connected because we have each other's backs. lol

Last edited by katydid; 12-21-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-21-2017)
  #10  
Unread 12-21-2017, 10:39 AM
UraSatVen1029's Avatar
UraSatVen1029 UraSatVen1029 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
That is funny that you mentioned Marilyn. My daughter has a gorgeous black and white photo of her, that she has had for ages. I once told her that her chart is very similar to Marilyn's, and she was kind of moved by that emotionally. For some reason she has always felt very connected to her somehow.


Yes, your descriptions of your need to process emotions is very similar. I remember when my daughter was in kindergarten and our family cat, that she really loved, had been hit by a car. My husband called me to tell me, just as I was picking her up from school. He and our son had already taken her to the vet, where she died.

We were so worried about telling her because she loved Zorro very much. But that night, when we sat down and told her, she calmly took it in, then asked if Zorro was in heaven, with Grandma. We said yes, and then she seemed OK about it at the time.

A few days later she saw his collar, which we had taken off at the vet. she took one look at it, then had a total meltdown.She collapsed on the floor crying, saying I MISS ZORRO, over and over. I guess it took a few days to really process the loss.

She can 'turn off' her emotions, for a little while. She can stay calm and rational and try to think things through.

And YES, I love her very much. We are really close. She and I don't agree on everything but we talk and stay connected because we have each other's backs. lol
I love Marilyn Monroe too not because of her sex appeal but because of the inner beauty she possessed. I also felt connected to her somehow because of that fragile quality she had but also her tendency to be somehow flighty in her relationships, and also that loneliness feeling she projected sometimes, where no one could easily guess what she really was inside and that part wasn't really accepted by the public. I guess she's a very relatable person too generally. But there must be a reason why your daughter connects to her emotionally.

Ohhhh wow. I'm a little envious of the mother-daughter relationship you guys have. My mom has Aquarius moon too and she's a little detached with me as well, but we do act like bestfriends/partners in crime haha. Anyway, what a great input you gave. It confirmed a lot of stuff I thought about with this placement
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 12-21-2017, 11:23 AM
lolo lolo lolo lolo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 289
Re: Moon In Aquarius

i am very happy with this thread .i have my moon in aquarius in my 9th house .i am very senstive and has alot of emotions but i scared for express this emotions to persons .when i was young i think this is good to be almost strong .and to be safe from any deciet .but when i become older i can understand how to handle and improvement my way for expressing this emotions .but anyway the person with moon in aquarius not cold one he full with emotions and very very senstive .but i heared somthing person with moon in aqua is thurgie .and full of encourage and didnot stop to make everyone has his rights and he love to be a leader in everything
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lolo lolo For This Useful Post:
katydid (12-21-2017)
  #12  
Unread 12-24-2017, 05:36 PM
sibylline's Avatar
sibylline sibylline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 2,233
Re: Moon In Aquarius

The Moon in Aquarius is one part of the chart...even so, that is just the sign. It's missing information like which house it is and the aspects it is making. You wouldn't be able to tell how emotional or not a person is simply by looking at the Moon sign, even if it does directly refer to the deeper emotions.

My brother has his chart ruler Moon conjunct Mars in Aquarius in the 8th square a Scorpio stellium in the 5th and he is emotional and fiery in his reactions. Yet he is also distant from his emotions, in the third-party gazing at his reactions that you refer to. He has an aversion to delving too deeply in his emotions, and attempts to get rid of them quickly, then at times he will immerse himself in them. Detached and insensitive are not the right words for him; actually, we tend to butt heads around this because, to him, I seem detached and insensitive, probably due to how I think and communicate because of my Aquarius Mercury in 7th.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sibylline For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-24-2017), katydid (12-25-2017)
  #13  
Unread 12-24-2017, 05:40 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,493
Smile Re: Moon In Aquarius

I see Mars as having a heavy effect on the Moon. Very impulsive.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 12-25-2017, 05:22 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,807
Re: Moon In Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
The Moon in Aquarius is one part of the chart...even so, that is just the sign. It's missing information like which house it is and the aspects it is making. You wouldn't be able to tell how emotional or not a person is simply by looking at the Moon sign, even if it does directly refer to the deeper emotions.

My brother has his chart ruler Moon conjunct Mars in Aquarius in the 8th square a Scorpio stellium in the 5th and he is emotional and fiery in his reactions. Yet he is also distant from his emotions, in the third-party gazing at his reactions that you refer to. He has an aversion to delving too deeply in his emotions, and attempts to get rid of them quickly, then at times he will immerse himself in them. Detached and insensitive are not the right words for him; actually, we tend to butt heads around this because, to him, I seem detached and insensitive, probably due to how I think and communicate because of my Aquarius Mercury in 7th.
That is absolutely true that the house placement and aspects have a major effect on the emotional behavior of an Aquarian Moon.

My daughter is an example of a rational, calm Moon in Aquarius, in my opinion because she has the Moon in the 3rd and it is exactly trining her Sun in Gemini conjunct her Desc.

She has the Sun opposed her Sag ascendant, and her Moon in Aquarius sextiles and trines it exactly. So it is a very beneficial and smooth flowing type of configuration.

She is not 'detached' , as in not caring or emotional. But she is capable of staying calm and rational, even under great pressure or emotional stress. She can sit and discuss the situation in a logical fashion, which is harder for my strongly Scorpio nature to do.

One of her friends, growing up, has Moon in Aquarius conjunct Saturn and squaring Pluto in Scorpio, from 1st and 4th. She is highly reactive, emotionally. She goes all in, in an 'all or nothing' kind of way.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-25-2017)
  #15  
Unread 12-25-2017, 01:35 AM
UraSatVen1029's Avatar
UraSatVen1029 UraSatVen1029 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 493
Re: Moon In Aquarius

See, I was visiting another Astrology forum website and they had several threads about Moon in Aquarius. One particular thread was named "How do you FEEL?", referring to Moon in Aquarius.

This sign gets the reputation of being detached and cold, most of the people automatically assumes that this sign is COMPLETELY insensitive and emotionless. They do have their moments of sensitivity, but they just have more tendency to rationalize a lot. Whenever I see a person's chart with a Moon in Aquarius, it catches my attention. I usually assume or think several things about this person with that placement like, "Oh, maybe this person can feel like an outisder... or can be misunderstood. Or maybe he/she will have moments of detachment, making the other person think they're so insensitive," and etc.

But yes, aspects and house placements will also give a mix to that effect. What I was stating in my first post were my general observations and opinions about Moon Aquarius
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 12-25-2017, 08:22 AM
PRocker PRocker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 54
Re: Moon In Aquarius

I have Moon in Aqua.
Mercury in Aqua.
Uranus in 3rd. Venus Conjunct Uranus.

Ugh. Not really that great socially. Very intellectual. Very sharp and collective thinking. Too smart for your own good.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 12-25-2017, 09:32 AM
urano urano is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 338
Re: Moon In Aquarius

I haven't the Moon in Aquarius, but it's just to note that the Moon is in face in the 3rd Decan of Aquarius; well it's a little dignity but always nice to have it (if we can of course!).
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 12-25-2017, 09:47 AM
theV's Avatar
theV theV is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,288
Re: Moon In Aquarius

I noticed that the Moon in Aquarius are sociable and well put together. Yes! they are aloof because they need space to invent, reflect. However, they are very hospitable. I also noticed they have a great sense of humor.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to theV For This Useful Post:
david starling (12-25-2017)
  #19  
Unread 12-25-2017, 10:42 AM
UraSatVen1029's Avatar
UraSatVen1029 UraSatVen1029 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 493
Re: Moon In Aquarius

My moon conjunct Uranus, Sun-Mercury-Venus aspecting Uranus does tone down the the intense Scorpionic emotions I have.

My sense of humor is rather odd, with a mix of sarcasm. I get along pretty well with other people with prominent Aquarius or Uranus energy, and most of the time, my closest friends have a lot of Uranus energy too.

Sociable, yes. But er, Scorpio Sun and Capricorn ascendant makes me reserved and awkward. Sun-Saturn makes me insecure lol.

Another thing I noticed is that Aquarian peeps are extremely friendly and non-judgemental.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 12-29-2017, 12:08 PM
Pietra Pietra is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 13
Re: Moon In Aquarius

Moon in Aquarius here - and in 12th house.

So yes, I can understand your description very well. I don't understand it when people say "aloof, cold, distant" and such words. For me, nothing could be further from the truth. To me, of the three "mind" signs (Gem/Aqua/Libr), Aquarius is the one that can detach the easiest. Gemini thinks at the speed of light and sees both sides of the coin, whereas Libra will demand balance of it all.

To me, what does apply with Aquarius, is an uncanny ability to compartmentalize, removing the emotions from any situation and looking at it soberly, without judgement, partiality or favoritism.

I also realized a long time ago that I don't do well with emotional people. People who are reactive (rather than responsive) irk me to no ends. I have no trust in those who are ruled by their emotions because emotions change and when they do, so do they change their opinions. I find this quite flaky.

In my case Aquarius is in the 12th house, which used to bring some struggles. To me, moon in 12th house (Aquarius) means heavy wounds from the side of the mother. Once I put the pieces together, it gave room for compassion to emerge and the ability to compartementalize. Moon in Aquarius was truly one of the greatest healing utensils.

Great thread!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 12-29-2017, 12:18 PM
UraSatVen1029's Avatar
UraSatVen1029 UraSatVen1029 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietra View Post
Moon in Aquarius here - and in 12th house.

So yes, I can understand your description very well. I don't understand it when people say "aloof, cold, distant" and such words. For me, nothing could be further from the truth. To me, of the three "mind" signs (Gem/Aqua/Libr), Aquarius is the one that can detach the easiest. Gemini thinks at the speed of light and sees both sides of the coin, whereas Libra will demand balance of it all.

To me, what does apply with Aquarius, is an uncanny ability to compartmentalize, removing the emotions from any situation and looking at it soberly, without judgement, partiality or favoritism.

I also realized a long time ago that I don't do well with emotional people. People who are reactive (rather than responsive) irk me to no ends. I have no trust in those who are ruled by their emotions because emotions change and when they do, so do they change their opinions. I find this quite flaky.

In my case Aquarius is in the 12th house, which used to bring some struggles. To me, moon in 12th house (Aquarius) means heavy wounds from the side of the mother. Once I put the pieces together, it gave room for compassion to emerge and the ability to compartementalize. Moon in Aquarius was truly one of the greatest healing utensils.

Great thread!
Definitely. My moon is in 1st house but it's also in Aquarius, conjunct Uranus. This gave me intuition and the capability to think rationally and deal with my emotions in a more cool manner. The insights I get here help me nurture and heal myself, something that my parents failed to give me when I was younger.

Thanks for the input! Moon in 12th house makes me think of Piscean influences on your moon
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 12-29-2017, 12:42 PM
Pietra Pietra is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 13
Re: Moon In Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraSatVen1029 View Post
...Moon in 12th house makes me think of Piscean influences on your moon
My Dark Moon Lilith sits in Pisces, also in the 12th house, right on the 1st house cusp. Still trying to wrap my head around it all...

Good luck - it sounds like you've figured out how to make it all work for you. Isn't that what it's all about anyways!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 05-30-2018, 06:00 PM
AquaMoonChild AquaMoonChild is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 74
Re: Moon In Aquarius

I'm a cancer sun, Aquarius moon and Virgo asc. I've been told that I am layed back, shy, outgoing, cold, a **tch, meek, too sensitive, need to have a drink ect. In reality I'm all of those thing looking down from a far. Most of my life I've suffered from depersonalization. I have been friends with everyone but not close with many people. I would be at the popular table feeling like an outcast and looking at my other friends at the outcast table and wishing I was there. I could always take risks because I hate stagnance. I am also adopted and I've heard many aquarius moons are adopted. My moon is in the 5th house and I've alway been highly creative and never had an issue conceiving. I don't feel aloof or cold but I know the difference between whining and true sadness. I can't stand whiners or complainers. But I am so sensitive to emotions that I cannot let myself feel them because it's too much. THat might be my Jupiter in Pisces though. I usually do well in creative endeavors as long as i'm not shy about it. I can easily get people together to be apart of something fun or creative like a play or parties. I usually don't have to try. My closest friends usually become like family more than "family". Also my husband is an aquarius sun. He thinks I'm too sensitive and doesn't understand emotional outburst at all. He calls them illogical.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 05-30-2018, 10:44 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMoonChild View Post
I'm a cancer sun, Aquarius moon and Virgo asc. I've been told that I am layed back, shy, outgoing, cold, a **tch, meek, too sensitive, need to have a drink ect. In reality I'm all of those thing looking down from a far. Most of my life I've suffered from depersonalization. I have been friends with everyone but not close with many people. I would be at the popular table feeling like an outcast and looking at my other friends at the outcast table and wishing I was there. I could always take risks because I hate stagnance. I am also adopted and I've heard many aquarius moons are adopted. My moon is in the 5th house and I've alway been highly creative and never had an issue conceiving. I don't feel aloof or cold but I know the difference between whining and true sadness. I can't stand whiners or complainers. But I am so sensitive to emotions that I cannot let myself feel them because it's too much. THat might be my Jupiter in Pisces though. I usually do well in creative endeavors as long as i'm not shy about it. I can easily get people together to be apart of something fun or creative like a play or parties. I usually don't have to try. My closest friends usually become like family more than "family". Also my husband is an aquarius sun. He thinks I'm too sensitive and doesn't understand emotional'S outburst at all. He calls them illogical.
The Moon is empowered in Aquarius. What's your husband's Asc and Moon?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 06-13-2018, 04:48 PM
AquaMoonChild AquaMoonChild is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 74
Re: Moon In Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSun View Post
We have the same placements. I think that our charts are similar too

Awesome
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aquarius, moon

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.