Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Research and Development

Research and Development This is a forum designed for applying scientific methods and understanding to all approaches of astrology, cooperative formulation and testing of new ideas, re-examination of known methods of delineation and interpretation, and the exploration of new astrological methods of all kinds (e.g. heliocentric models, planetary nodes and apogees, etc.).


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 11-27-2019, 09:05 AM
Rawiri's Avatar
Rawiri Rawiri is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: No home base.
Posts: 645
Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Answering myselfThe T and the R are at north south.

ROTA TARO TORA ORAT
Yes. It is a kind of word-play.

L'ťtain though. Perhaps Tintin could help us...



ORAT - from which we derive "orator" (though in this case, it refers to one who is neither the "artist" nor reader)
RATO - We all need a rock, sometimes.
ATOR - Links to RATO
TORA - (word play within word play...)

And of course:

ROTA - from which we derive the English word, rotate. (wheel)
TARO - (which the artist was certainly aware of)



"I want to ride my bicycle,
I want to ride it where I like"
We all would, if only we could.


Last edited by Rawiri; 11-27-2019 at 09:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rawiri For This Useful Post:
Opal (11-27-2019)
  #27  
Unread 11-27-2019, 12:51 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
We all can, if we only try.

Tora, the sound not the spelling of an old book
Rota, similar spelling to an old food type.

I want to ride it where I like. Bicycle �� bicycle

Nice to see your thoughts!

Last edited by Opal; 11-27-2019 at 01:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 11-27-2019, 12:56 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I have been looking at this key. On the ac/dc line there are the letters O on the left and A on the right. Or is it the number 0, and an A?

Does anyone have any thoughts on why?

What are the letters in the middle of the circle in I think Hebrew? OTAR?
There is a knife, a baton, a chalice and a ?

I guess the ? to be the crosshairs of the ac/dc mc/ic the wheel of fortune, the divisions of the sky

Last edited by Opal; 11-27-2019 at 01:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 11-28-2019, 03:41 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Re: The Key of Mysteries

Here is another version of the Key. These are not to be confused with the Keys of Solomon. They are different than them. I have the books. These are keys. They share words, colours, letters, shapes.

Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 11-28-2019, 04:50 AM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 31,210
Smile Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Here is another version of the Key. These are not to be confused with the Keys of Solomon. They are different than them. I have the books. These are keys. They share words, colours, letters, shapes.

What lock(s) do these keys open?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 11-28-2019, 04:54 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
What lock(s) do these keys open?
I believe the key of mysteries to be a key to open the locked doors to the secrets of the knowledge of the Ages of Precession.

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 11-28-2019, 04:59 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Re: The Key of Mysteries



Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal


What are the letters in the middle of the circle in I think Hebrew? OTAR?


Quote:



Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]Opal;1009621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal[/B

You can see the avenue. It is situated so that the winter solstice sunset travels down the avenue. The bits of the key are gone. It is a field now.

QUOTE=Opal;1009622]
][/QUOTE]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 11-28-2019, 05:22 AM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 31,210
Smile Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I believe the key of mysteries to be a key to open the locked doors to the secrets of the knowledge of the Ages of Precession.

It was a Sirius question.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 11-28-2019, 05:29 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It was a Sirius question.
cool! siriusly cool!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 11-28-2019, 02:07 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Re: The Key of Mysteries

It was a Sirius answer.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
david starling (11-28-2019)
  #36  
Unread 11-28-2019, 02:41 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 31,210
Smile Re: The Key of Mysteries

Beware of opening the lock with Solomon's Key. It's said he consorted with demons!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 11-28-2019, 02:47 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Re: The Key of Mysteries

I read the books, I do not open the gates. Solomon's Keys are a different category.

The Key of Mysteries is not the same. It is a tool of precession.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 11-28-2019, 04:04 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 31,210
Smile Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I read the books, I do not open the gates. Solomon's Keys are a different category.

The Key of Mysteries is not the same. It is a tool of precession.
Can you relate the Key to my favorite subject, the precessional Ages? Does it provide clues as to when the sidereal Aquarian Age begins?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 11-28-2019, 04:22 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Can you relate the Key to my favorite subject, the precessional Ages? Does it provide clues as to when the sidereal Aquarian Age begins?
If you read this thread, from the beginning, I outline how.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 11-28-2019, 04:26 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 31,210
Smile Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
If you read this thread, from the beginning, I outline how.
Okay, I'll do that. Does it support Burgoyne's start-date?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 11-28-2019, 04:27 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Okay, I'll do that. Does it support Burgoyne's start-date?
I don't have access to Stonehenge at winter solstice.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 11-28-2019, 04:32 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 31,210
Smile Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I don't have access to Stonehenge at winter solstice.
Probably not the best time to visit.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 11-28-2019, 10:40 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 31,210
Smile Re: The Key of Mysteries

The Mayan calendar was involved with the Winter Solstice, meaning an Age of sidereal Scorpio in our imagery. Most of those who studied it have the Age beginning in December of 2012.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 11-29-2019, 04:16 AM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Re: The Key of Mysteries

Unfortunately for the shadows I want to see simulated, it would be impossible.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 11-29-2019, 02:26 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Okay, I'll do that. Does it support Burgoyne's start-date?
I do not know what it supports. It is my theory. I see that the shadows that would be created if the heel stones and the bits of the key were in place at Stonehenge and other similar circular ruins, the shadows that run down the avenue, and the information on the bits of the key would show the age.

This is not Burgoyne's theory, it is mine. I do not know what the shadows would show, as I do not have creative access to the ancient Stonehenge key, on winter solstice to observe or to build the bits of the key in the farmers field North of Stonehenge.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 11-29-2019, 07:35 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 31,210
Smile Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I do not know what it supports. It is my theory. I see that the shadows that would be created if the heel stones and the bits of the key were in place at Stonehenge and other similar circular ruins, the shadows that run down the avenue, and the information on the bits of the key would show the age.

This is not Burgoyne's theory, it is mine. I do not know what the shadows would show, as I do not have creative access to the ancient Stonehenge key, on winter solstice to observe or to build the bits of the key in the farmers field North of Stonehenge.
It would make a great plot for a movie.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Unread 11-29-2019, 07:59 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It would make a great plot for a movie.
I am doubting you have taken the time to read this thread, and now you make a statement that I perceive to be rude based on your lack of interest in even reading the thread, as you have stated you didnít, I will presume from your flippant statements here that you still havenít.

I thought better of you. Oh well. I will give your statements the merit I now, believe them to deserve.

Last edited by Opal; 11-29-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 11-29-2019, 08:13 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 31,210
Smile Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I am doubting you have taken the time to read this thread, and now you make a statement that I perceive to be rude based on your lack of interest in even reading the thread, as you have stated you didn’t, I will presume from your flippant statements here that you still haven’t.

I thought better of you. Oh well. I will give your statements the merit I now, believe them to deserve.
No, I meant that if it were a movie, there would be an actual, licensed production at the site of Stonehenge on the day of the the Winter Solstice, recreating the conditions necessary to complete the Key. I didn't mean it was a fiction, for entertainment purposes only.
You clearly lack the resources to do this yourself, but it is intriguing enough to possibly interest a documentary movie producer to undertake the project.

Last edited by david starling; 11-29-2019 at 08:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Opal (11-29-2019)
  #49  
Unread 11-29-2019, 09:32 PM
david starling david starling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 31,210
Smile Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
You're right....I missed this crucial link. Now I'm getting it. Very heavy stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 11-29-2019, 09:58 PM
Opal's Avatar
Opal Opal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,499
Re: The Key of Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
No, I meant that if it were a movie, there would be an actual, licensed production at the site of Stonehenge on the day of the the Winter Solstice, recreating the conditions necessary to complete the Key. I didn't mean it was a fiction, for entertainment purposes only.
You clearly lack the resources to do this yourself, but it is intriguing enough to possibly interest a documentary movie producer to undertake the project.
My apologies David, with your record here, I should have given you the benefit, of my doubt.

Thank you
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
equinox, key of mysteries, mysteries, precession

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.