Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Spiritual Astrology

Spiritual Astrology A place for all those interested inthe spiritual side of astrology.

Unread 01-04-2020, 05:22 PM

Re: Thomas H Burgoyne

Hi David,
I agree, i was just trying to see why T.H. Burgoyne picked 22nd December 1880, did he get the date wrong or the year?

Most Sun calendars are aligned to Sirius or Alnilam, and in 1880 the Mayan Calendar was aligned, as it still was in 2012, if we agree it started in Izapa, i was just trying to work out what he was thinking?
Regulus sitting on the cusp wasn't that far from 2012, to be truthful i have no idea why he chose the date other than Winter Solstice.
We really don't know when the Aquarian Age began or begins!
As Sun set in Izapa, Mexico, Alnilam, Belt of Orion was rising on 21st December 2012!!!

Unread 01-04-2020, 05:32 PM

However in 1880, Sirius wasn't aligned.

You will see if we use ancient Egyptian sunrise day marker on 21st December 2012 in Izapa, Mexico, we get Sirius Setting, how are Egyptian, Mayan and Gregorian calendars all aligned to Sirius?
Unread 01-04-2020, 06:48 PM

Smile Re: Thomas H Burgoyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Hi David,
I agree, i was just trying to see why T.H. Burgoyne picked 22nd December 1880, did he get the date wrong or the year?

Most Sun calendars are aligned to Sirius or Alnilam, and in 1880 the Mayan Calendar was aligned, as it still was in 2012, if we agree it started in Izapa, i was just trying to work out what he was thinking?
Regulus sitting on the cusp wasn't that far from 2012, to be truthful i have no idea why he chose the date other than Winter Solstice.
We really don't know when the Aquarian Age began or begins!
As Sun set in Izapa, Mexico, Alnilam, Belt of Orion was rising on 21st December 2012!!!
The point of Winter Solstice would be ingressing sidereal Scorpio at the same time the point of Vernal Equinox ingresses sidereal Aquarius. I'm not certain that Burgoyne ever mentioned Aquarius specifically. He was talking about a new Age, though. Later, his new Age was assumed to have been that of Aquarius, from what I've been able to ascertain.

Last edited by david starling; 01-04-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Unread 01-05-2020, 01:18 AM

Page 110 of the book, not the link. Volume I

Chapters entitled, Le Clef and Le clef Hermetique or translated
The Key

in the chapters there is more mentions, I have a chart for the 21, at the moment of solstice, I do not know why he uses the 22 either. Three days of equal light, 22 is the middle day.

http://libroesoterico.com/biblioteca...t-Volume-1.pdf

Here is Volume 2

https://pdfbooks.co.za/library/HENRY..._VOLUME_II.pdf[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Opal; 01-05-2020 at 01:20 AM.
Unread 01-05-2020, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
Hi Opal,

The first four pages of your parans are on private members download below:-
Any idea how I can print these, I have tried various methods?

Never mind, they are all printed. I will be back Monk.

Enjoy reading Le Clef, and Le Clef Hermetique. Let me know what you think of them.

Last edited by Opal; 01-05-2020 at 01:52 AM. Reason: my brain worked......
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
Monk (01-05-2020)
Unread 01-05-2020, 03:58 AM

There's no reason to use the point of Winter Solstice for an Aquarian Age --it's an Equinoctial point Age. Burgoyne was aware of the search for the astrological planet that was later named Pluto, meaning the Lord of the Underworld, and given rulership of Scorpio. He called it Planet X, and had nothing good to say about it, declaring it the source of all evil. Interesting then, that he predicted disasters for a new Age timed by the Winter Solstice, which would have given him a new sidereal Age of Scorpio (not Aquarius). Those who admired his work jumped on the Age of Aquarius bandwagon decades after his death.
Unread 01-05-2020, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
There's no reason to use the point of Winter Solstice for an Aquarian Age --it's an Equinoctial point Age. Burgoyne was aware of the search for the astrological planet that was later named Pluto, meaning the Lord of the Underworld, and given rulership of Scorpio. He called it Planet X, and had nothing good to say about it, declaring it the source of all evil. Interesting then, that he predicted disasters for a new Age timed by the Winter Solstice, which would have given him a new sidereal Age of Scorpio (not Aquarius). Those who admired his work jumped on the Age of Aquarius bandwagon decades after his death.
I like the concept of new years, and new ages, starting at solstice. For me the three stationary days of light, make sense, for the beginning, always. That is why we have New Years there, we just moved it from what we called pagan ritual of solstice to January 1.

I am sure not all of his theories are credible, but I have explored worse ones. I am still interested in exploring his le clef thoughts, and others opinions on le clef, and le clef hermetique.
Unread 01-05-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I like the concept of new years, and new ages, starting at solstice. For me the three stationary days of light, make sense, for the beginning, always. That is why we have New Years there, we just moved it from what we called pagan ritual of solstice to January 1.

I am sure not all of his theories are credible, but I have explored worse ones. I am still interested in exploring his le clef thoughts, and others opinions on le clef, and le clef hermetique.
What's wrong with starting in Spring? Renewal rather than dormancy?
Unread 01-05-2020, 05:57 AM
Banned

To be sure, one could not conceive what starting-point to assume in a circle, as a general proposition; but in the circle through the middle of the zodiac one would properly take as the only beginnings the points determined by the equator and the tropics, that is, the two equinoxes and the two solstices. Even then, however, one would still be at a loss which of the four to prefer. Indeed, in a circle, absolutely considered, no one of them takes the lead, as would be the case if there were one starting-point, but those who have written on these matters have made use of each of the four, in various ways assuming some one as the starting-point, as they were led by their own arguments and by the natural characteristics of the four points. This is not strange, for each of these parts has some special claim to being reasonably considered the starting-point and the new year. The spring equinox might be preferred because first at that time the day begins to be longer than the night and because it belongs to the moist season, and this element, as we said before, is chiefly present at the beginning of nativities; the summer solstice because the longest day occurs at that time and because to the Egyptians it signifies the flooding of the Nile and the rising of the dog star; the fall equinox because all the crops have by then been harvested, and a fresh start is then made with the sowing of the seed of future crops; and the winter solstice because then, after diminishing, the day first begins to lengthen. It seems more proper and natural to me, however, to employ the four starting-points for investigations which deal with the year, observing the syzygies of the sun and moon at new and full moon which most nearly precede them, and among these in particular the conjunctions at which eclipses take place, so that from the starting-point in Aries we may conjecture what the spring will be like, from that in Cancer the summer, from that in Libra the autumn, and from that in Capricorn the winter. For the sun creates the general qualities and conditions of the seasons, by means of which even those who totally ignorant of astrology can foretell the future. - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...os/2C*.html#10
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
To be sure, one could not conceive what starting-point to assume in a circle, as a general proposition; but in the circle through the middle of the zodiac one would properly take as the only beginnings the points determined by the equator and the tropics, that is, the two equinoxes and the two solstices. Even then, however, one would still be at a loss which of the four to prefer. Indeed, in a circle, absolutely considered, no one of them takes the lead, as would be the case if there were one starting-point, but those who have written on these matters have made use of each of the four, in various ways assuming some one as the starting-point, as they were led by their own arguments and by the natural characteristics of the four points. This is not strange, for each of these parts has some special claim to being reasonably considered the starting-point and the new year. The spring equinox might be preferred because first at that time the day begins to be longer than the night and because it belongs to the moist season, and this element, as we said before, is chiefly present at the beginning of nativities; the summer solstice because the longest day occurs at that time and because to the Egyptians it signifies the flooding of the Nile and the rising of the dog star; the fall equinox because all the crops have by then been harvested, and a fresh start is then made with the sowing of the seed of future crops; and the winter solstice because then, after diminishing, the day first begins to lengthen. It seems more proper and natural to me, however, to employ the four starting-points for investigations which deal with the year, observing the syzygies of the sun and moon at new and full moon which most nearly precede them, and among these in particular the conjunctions at which eclipses take place, so that from the starting-point in Aries we may conjecture what the spring will be like, from that in Cancer the summer, from that in Libra the autumn, and from that in Capricorn the winter. For the sun creates the general qualities and conditions of the seasons, by means of which even those who totally ignorant of astrology can foretell the future. - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/...os/2C*.html#10
I like the Line of Intersection of the orbital and Equatorial planes for the sidereal Ages. Also, the balance of light with darkness.
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:08 AM

The difference is the three days of equal light to me. The stationary time before it starts again. None of the others have this. Only the winter solstice.

And pagan myth.
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
The difference is the three days of equal light to me. The stationary time before it starts again. None of the others have this. Only the winter solstice.

And pagan myth.
Makes sense.
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:19 AM
Banned

Quote:

And pagan myth.
Three days of equal light? That is impossible.
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Three days of equal light? That is impossible.
It happens every year.
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:22 AM

Resurrection 😉
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Resurrection ��
The Phoenix, rising from the ashes. Transformation.
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
The Phoenix, rising from the ashes. Transformation.
Yes, Happy Solstice New Year!
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
david starling (01-05-2020)
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:37 AM

Hey peto, give the poor Phoenix 3 days to get up, figure out what happened, and dust itself off. Plumage is important!
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hey peto, give the poor Phoenix 3 days to get up, figure out what happened, and dust itself off. Plumage is important!
What do you mean? The equinoxes and solstices are a moment, not a day, much less 3 days.
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
What do you mean? The equinoxes and solstices are a moment, not a day, much less 3 days.
NO SIGN BLENDINGS!!!
Unread 01-05-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
The blending is more intense at the Solstice. Same psychological effect as three days of almost the same blend.
Unread 01-05-2020, 07:02 AM

Rainbow colors blend as they shift. They're not walled-off from each other.
Unread 01-05-2020, 07:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Rainbow colors blend as they shift. They're not walled-off from each other.
The naked human eye can perceive only 7 planets and 7 colours.
Unread 01-05-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
The naked human eye can perceive only 7 planets and 7 colours.
The planet beyond Saturn is visible to the unclothed eye.
Unread 01-05-2020, 07:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
The planet beyond Saturn is visible to the unclothed eye.
Yeah like the blended colours of the rainbow - ''technically''.

Tags
burgoyne, thomas