If we have "our" baby will it unite our combined family?

fushiafairy

Hi. I have 3 kids and my boyfriend has one. If we have one together would it bring our two families together? I don't want it to cause a divide or more problems. My partner and I would both love another baby and especially one together, but there are hesitations and fears alongside dreams and hope.

I am Virgo, so Mercury in the 6th house. I do think of my physical well being since I would be the one pregnant and laboring and nursing. Mercury is in Pisces so fertile....+

Boyfriend is Pisces. He is Jupiter in Cancer. Fertile. He cooks and loves kids. He is in the 10th house. I think he would be more at home with the baby than me, so a career of being stay at home parent......+

Baby is Capicorn, ruled by saturn, in Scorpio. But retrograde.

Moon in Pisces....fertile. Moon will conjunct me.....+
Moon will trine Jupiter,him......+
Moon will trine Saturn, baby......+

Mercury, me, conjunct the descendant. I think a lot of what he wants and what he will do/ change/ be effected/ etc.
Mercury will trine Jupiter.....+
Mercury will trine Saturn.....+

What represents our other children?????????

Thank you!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_234_if_we_have_a_have_a_kid_together_will_it_hr.2527.61868.jpg
    astro_2gw_234_if_we_have_a_have_a_kid_together_will_it_hr.2527.61868.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 42

Yuri

Saturn is not connected with neither Mercury nor Jupiter. Trines to Saturn are beyond possible orbs.

It means Saturn doesn't impact on your possible relationship.

You may unit without Saturn. Moon will trine Jupiter and then moves to Mercury (but not very soon). It's an only a real good aspect to rely on in judgement, but very strong. Plus Moon and Jupiter have a strong mutual reception, and more, both have essential dignities, it's very positive. There are some receptions between Mercury and Jupiter, too.

But the main negative point is your ruler, Mercury, it's very weak (in its detriment and fall), and Moon is in the sign of Mercury's detriment and fall (Pisces). It means you have almost no influence on the situation. But his strong Jupiter has, not only on Mercury but on Moon, too.

My vision, your union is very probable, after some time, not depending on any children, but the final decision is wholly his. Yuri.

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
Since Horary has a general time limit of 3-9 months, and since the gestation period of a baby is 9 months, I' not sure that a baby that hasn't even been conceptualized is a viable question.

Yuri

Yes, agree, the question is somewhat about "If I go to the north pole next year will i marry tomorrow?"

But the chart is radical, so it can be interpreted I think; the querent really meant "Will we be together?". Yuri.

fushiafairy

Yuri,
I thank you for your interpretation, BUT you are very wrong about me actually meaning "Will we be together." I called him my boyfriend and said we would love to have a baby together. If we weren't together I wouldn't have written those things. The question of our uniting as a couple was answered over 2 years ago when we fell in love with each other.

To clarify.....Our combined family has lived together for 2 years in May. Our kids call each other step siblings. Though we chose not to get legally married we have committed ourselves to being together for the rest of our lives. I am wondering if we have a baby together what the overall effect and influence on us and our children will be.

Having a consciously conceived child takes forethought, heart, soul, planning. To ask what the baby's impact on existing children and a solidified relationship is nothing like "If I go to the North pole next year will I marry tomorrow?"

Last edited:

fushiafairy

Zarathru
Do you mean conceptualized or conceived?

The baby has been conceptualized for most of our over 2 year relationship. I dream of her and a week ago I had a very long detailed dream with "our" baby.
Conceived, not currently. I may have had 2 early miscarriages in the past year though.

Horary charts throughout the years have included questions like will I have kids one day.

Ebenia

I think the answer is No. Saturn is in Scorpio which is not the greatest place for it, retrograde and in 3rd house which is a house of effort. So having this baby would be hard and under a lot of effort, maybe more than it is worth. Is squares Moon and Venus and as said earlier, Mercury is badly debilitated, so I would say that the person asking this question is probably not looking for the answer from the right place.

waybread

I don't think it is wise to have an ulterior motive for bringing a new life into the world. If you do/do not want to have another baby that you will bring up with love and support, I think that is all that you should look at.

Moreover, with a big blended family you'd be looking at all kinds of horoscopes, due to the synastry involved. Another baby might please some family members but not others.

fushiafairy

Waybread,

Thank you for your input.
"I don't think it is wise to have an ulterior motive for bringing a new life into the world. If you do/do not want to have another baby that you will bring up with love and support, I think that is all that you should look at."

Agreed. I do not have an ulterior motive. As I stated in my original post, "My partner and I would both love another baby and especially one together." There would be so much love if we are blessed with a baby. However, having 4 children already we know the realities of childrearing and not just the romanticized view of it.

"Moreover, with a big blended family you'd be looking at all kinds of horoscopes, due to the synastry involved. Another baby might please some family members but not others."

Thank you. This is more of the direction I was thinking along when I asked the question. That is why I asked what would represent our other children in the horary. I am trying to see the overall experience for the whole family. I will put some time into synastry charts. Thank you for reminding me!

fushiafairy

Ebenia,

Thank you for your input. Thanks for the insight on Saturn's placement. Yes, it may be a lot of work.
I didn't think Saturn and the moon were squaring, since the aspect had already passed by 8*. The moon had moved into Pisces already so Saturn and the moon were in trining signs.

As far as mercury debilitated... I am of an age where my fertility is questionable, I am not fertile every month, though I don't think I am barren yet. I stated I might have already had 2 very early miscarriages in the last year.

Last edited:

Yuri

I think the answer is No. Saturn is in Scorpio which is not the greatest place for it, retrograde and in 3rd house which is a house of effort. So having this baby would be hard and under a lot of effort, maybe more than it is worth. Is squares Moon and Venus and as said earlier, Mercury is badly debilitated, so I would say that the person asking this question is probably not looking for the answer from the right place.

Absolutely agree with all that.
Fushiafairy, having this baby would be hard and under a lot of effort, maybe more than it is worth. Not any impact on other children so...
Not any impact on your relationship so...
Not matter at all so...
As for your existing relationship with your friend I'm glad for you. The chart confirm that, too. You can marriage or not marriage, it's not essential. Good luck! Yuri.

Yuri

Ebenia,

Thank you for your input. Thanks for the insight on Saturn's placement. Yes, it may be a lot of work.
I didn't think Saturn and the moon were squaring, since the aspect had already passed by 8*. The moon had moved into Pisces already so Saturn and the moon were in trining signs.
QUOTE]

Just to add, Saturn is VERY weak, and Mercury, TOO.
It's not squared by the Moon, yes, but the Moon in Pisces - that is a bad place for Mercury (in this question). The third factor for "no".
Besides, Saturn and Mercury have no mutual receptions at all - the fourth factor for "no".
The only good aspect for the child is the trine Mer-Sat (+9deg.)., but it will hardly give the baby under these four above-mentioned strong negative factors.

But you may try, however, if you feel the need.
Some astrologers affirm the only trine will be sufficient.
***And, more to add, Mer, Moo and Sat in fertile signs - the second plus.
Decide by yourself, pluses and minuses are rather balanced. I think 30% to conceive.

Yuri.

Last edited:

Yuri

You may also wait for several month until the situation becomes better and ask your question again, only more certain, not any "if". Good luck! Yuri.

Last edited:

waybread

ff, in keeping with the possibility that a new baby might impact different family members differently.....

I don't know that a single house represents the family unit as a whole: your are the first, your partner is the 7th, your home is the 4th, your children are the 5th-- and then we can break the children's houses down further depending upon their birth order.

Maybe the best houses to use are the 4th house of home life, and the third house from the 5th or 7th house, which would be your children's siblings. But I'll try to look at the options.

1. You are Mercury. Mercury is in the sign of its fall, and in the 6th house. The moon is in the 6th house. I assume you feel healthy? Have you had a thorough medical check-up recently? (Always a good thing to do initially when hoping to have a baby!) The 5th house is Saturn-ruled, and Mercury applies to a trine. That's suggest a conditional "OK" for you.

2. Jupiter is your partner. It is exalted in Cancer and applies to a trine with Saturn. OK for him.

3. Your 5th house of children is ruled by Saturn, which is retrograde. Its house is ruled by Mars retrograde in the sign of its detriment in the 2nd house. I don't necessarily see this as a big negative-- but sometimes a new baby brings about a lot of unanticipated responsibilities. A new one might entail some extra financial expenses, with a dispositor chain leading to your second house, and then over to a Saturn ruled Venus in your 6th house of health.

Do you plan on your children attending university or a trade program, for example, if they have the grades for it? Tuition is tremendously expensive today: gone are the days when part-time jobs would put students through college. Not to mention all of the dentist appointments, sports activities, &c when they are younger!

4. Your children's siblings are also ruled by Jupiter. Jupiter looks strong, exalted in the 10th house and in mutual reception with the moon. The sun in the 7th house is exalted, but applying to a square with Jupiter. Mercury is separating from Jupiter, so I would give this a "mostly OK" rating.

3. Your home life is ruled by Jupiter, as well.

Overall, I would say this looks mostly good, but I would just suggest you do some of the math on your household budget and schedule a physical exam with your doctor to ensure that baby #5 gets the best start in life, as well as the rest of your family unit.

Last edited:

fushiafairy

Yuri,
Thank you for your further input. I see what you are saying about Saturn, Mercury, and Moon's weak placement. Also the lack of mutual reception between Saturn and Mercury.

Thank you on the nice words about my partner and I.

fushiafairy

Waybread,
Thank you for the comprehensive look at the various houses.

Great advice for anyone interested in having a baby: get health in order and check out finances.

Would we look at his daughter as his 5th house which would be the 11th house? That would be Cancer ruled by Moon in Pisces.

serafin5

I don't think it is wise to have an ulterior motive for bringing a new life into the world. If you do/do not want to have another baby that you will bring up with love and support, I think that is all that you should look at.

Moreover, with a big blended family you'd be looking at all kinds of horoscopes, due to the synastry involved. Another baby might please some family members but not others.

To Fushiafairy: I don't have anything more to add astrological as I am still a horary novice but I wanted to share with you that there was a similar circumstance in my brother's family where there was a "yours, mine, and ours" thing goin on and so my know-it-all sister in-law thought that 6 kids between them weren't enough so lets have our own baby! I gotta tell you that as much as I love my niece and can't imagine life without her, it was really really hard for a good while. She's almost ready to start school now but we ALL had plenty of sleepless nights, covered in everything imaginable that comes out of a baby, broke, etc. etc. There were some hurt feelings of the other kids too at times that really couldn't be helped too.

I wish you lots of luck and blessings!
S5

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary dogmas and uses whole sign house format)

-"we" makes 7th house defacto significator (according to the alternative horary methodology I follow) = Pisces = Jupiter
-the potential child of the "we" = 5th from the 7th = Cancer = Moon
-for me, the ultimate quesited in this situation = the house of hopes, ie the 11th from the 7th (implied hope that having a baby will unite the family of step children with each other) = Capricorn = Saturn
-Moon flows away from Saturn: my interpretation, then is having a baby will not significantly help achieve the hope of creating a more closely united family.

(From the "Ankara" horary perspective, querent's own children would be 5th from the ascending sign; her partner's own children would be 5th from the 7th sign)

waybread

Waybread,
Thank you for the comprehensive look at the various houses.

Great advice for anyone interested in having a baby: get health in order and check out finances.

Would we look at his daughter as his 5th house which would be the 11th house? That would be Cancer ruled by Moon in Pisces.

With a large family of children, trying to read too much off of one chart gets complicated. The way it works is that the 5th house represents one's child/ren generally, but with more than one:

first child: fifth house

second child: third from the fifth or 7th house (count the 5th house as #1, 6th as #2, 7th as #3. The third house = siblings.)

third child: third from the 7th or 9th house

fourth child: third from the 9th or 11th house, and so on.

If you want to ask about your partner's daughter in a horary question, he is your 7th house. His child would be the 5th from the 7th house, or the 11th house. Or you could look at his natal chart, in which case she would be represented by his 5th house.

Asking about your partner's daughter in particular sounds like a different question than the one you applied to the chart in your OP.

rafaella

Hi. I have 3 kids and my boyfriend has one. If we have one together would it bring our two families together? I don't want it to cause a divide or more problems. My partner and I would both love another baby and especially one together, but there are hesitations and fears alongside dreams and hope.

I am Virgo, so Mercury in the 6th house. I do think of my physical well being since I would be the one pregnant and laboring and nursing. Mercury is in Pisces so fertile....+

Boyfriend is Pisces. He is Jupiter in Cancer. Fertile. He cooks and loves kids. He is in the 10th house. I think he would be more at home with the baby than me, so a career of being stay at home parent......+

Baby is Capicorn, ruled by saturn, in Scorpio. But retrograde.

Moon in Pisces....fertile. Moon will conjunct me.....+
Moon will trine Jupiter,him......+
Moon will trine Saturn, baby......+

Mercury, me, conjunct the descendant. I think a lot of what he wants and what he will do/ change/ be effected/ etc.
Mercury will trine Jupiter.....+
Mercury will trine Saturn.....+

What represents our other children?????????

Thank you!

You have good mutual reception with Moon/Jupiter, your partner, your home is Jupiter as well. So with Moon's recent entry into Pisces, I 'd say there has been some changes for the better more recently, where the family is getting closer and feeling affinity for each other.

Saturn, your 5th ruler is rx. So I don't think a baby is necessary for the family. Jupiter is in detriment of Saturn, so the family will not be happy about an addition. With Saturn debilitated and malefic, cadent and peregrine, Saturn is truly malefic. The baby will make it worse.

I think based on the chart, keep on doing what you are doing as it is working well.

best wishes!