Fruits--what you like and don't like

wan

In this thread, let's talk about fruits. Fruits I don't like: apples, star fruits, and sugar cane. The last two are from Asia, so most of you have probably never had them before. The star fruit literally looks like a star-shaped tube. I guess you can say that it has a long "body". It has been literally decades since I had it, but I distinctly remember that it did not taste good at all. I don't like sugar cane because the way it was eaten in my country of origin, we would take a bite of it, then chew it for a bit, swallow the juice that is produced, then spit out the hard, inedible part that is all fibre. This does not appeal to me at all, because to me, all fruits should be soft to the teeth and swallow-able.

The fruits I like: well there really are too many to list. As a rule, almost anything that is found in a grocery store here in Vancouver, I like. I especially enjoy cherries, bartlett pears, peel-able oranges (not sure what they are called in English. Basically think of them as bigger mandarins), nectarines, all kinds of melons, blueberries, strawberries, bananas. It's as I said, I like almost all kinds found in Canada.

You?

Ukpoohbear

I really like bananas but only the ‘fyfe’ ones because they have that creamy banana taste. Some bananas have no flavour. I always have a banana for breakfast and it fills me up til I am on my way. I have them for snacks too because they are so quick and easy, especially when you are too hungry and need something quickly! Even with a cup of hot milk before bed.

I saw on tv a guy inject chocolate into the banana then cover in foil and barbecue, that is on my bucket list. A couple of days ago, I chopped a banana and put it in with a chocolate muffin, broken up flake and hot custard. Or I sometimes have it chopped up with Greek yogurt and honey. I like them because the potassium is meant to give you energy. Mcdonalds banana milkshakes mmm

Apart from bananas I eat a lot of tangerines. Sometimes with a banana as a snack. I like tangerines because I feel they hydrate me well. I drink a lot of hot drinks and don’t feel hydrated and water is so boring on its own. Drinking fruit juice is bad for you so I don’t do that although fresh orange juice not from concentrate is the bomb.

Now and again I will buy some red gala apples. They are the only ones I really like and get them to mix it up a bit.

I love pears because they are juicey and good at feeling hydrated like oranges.

Strawberries are nice altho I don’t buy them often, summer time I will have them with puds and cream.

Banana strawberry and fresh orange smoothie..mmm

Last edited:

Chrysalis

What are fruit loops?

FL_front_Panel_Desired_from_KCC.jpg

Abby83

I'm a huge fruit lover. My favourites are watermelon, pineapple, honeydew, rockmelon, cherries, blueberries, bananas, pears.

My teeth struggle to eat apples. Oranges make me feel sick. Real natural strawberries are great but the ones from the supermarket are terrible, dry, and bitter. Apricots are cool but plums and peaches are too sour.

I find this post amusing because with the exception of pineapple, I have always detested fruits that start with "P" ... pears, peaches, plums, persimmons, papayas,pomegranates, etc. I don't like the texture or taste of any of them. I'll take my veggies over fruit any day! :cool: