What aspects point to astrologers?

Kingsley

Re: friends and foes, to Kingsley

Gidday Tim, I agree with what you say in a politically correct way perhaps. In learning astrology however it is important to determine the nature of planets and in a traditional manner there are malefic and benefic planets as you are aware. Planets can be strong by sign or placement and indeed act in good and less than good ways.

Angular planets can be strong indeed and the more malefic style of planets at the angles also places an emphasis on their representation at that chart angle.

I know of a person with Pluto in the 10th and he is/was Nuclear Physicist until he beacame an artist. Transformations in areas of ones career and dignity in the world are always going through changes. He is a person that expresses inner power through his public life.

Likewise, a man with Neptune at the Mc seemed to exersize his authority in subtle ways, he didn't seem like a boss. Little did anyone know at a younger age he grew marijuana crops at his family farm. I believe he made quite some money doing that. In some respects Neptune at the Mc could be saying "I am unclear about my direction" and thus lbecome a beach bum which he also did at one stage. Now he is growing grapes on the farm and has a wine making business.

One could say that the person is scripted to go through life by changing career circumstances with Uranus at the Mc. That is not an easy thing to get a grasp of initially. Hopefully as many people do, that is follow their noses and end up encaptulating the that kind of Mc emphasis in positive styles of "currencies". The darkside is always available to the person if they so decide to use that avenue because the planet is strong at the angle.

How anyone transforms and utilises the potentials in their chart is forever evolving and changing. In the analysis of charts one must consider the malefic planets presence in the process of delineation in my view.

kingsley

wilsontc

Staff member
looking outside your own tradition, to Kingsley

Kingsley,

You said:
I agree with what you say in a politically correct way perhaps. In learning astrology however it is important to determine the nature of planets and in a traditional manner there are malefic and benefic planets as you are aware...One could say that the person is scripted to go through life by changing career circumstances with Uranus at the Mc. That is not an easy thing to get a grasp of initially.

I understand that you are a traditional astrologer and so tend to look at the world from that point of view. However, to insist that the ONLY way to look at planets is in the "traditional" manner of "malefic" and "benefic" and to discard all modern astrology as "politically correct" is to deliberately ignore a large source of astrological discoveries. Uranus has been shown again and again to be significant in the chart of astrologers (and not just because it is "politically correct" to say so), and Ray gives us a few of the many examples.

It sounds from your posting that YOU, personally, are uncomfortable with Uranus and all those "changes" and so YOU have a hard time of "getting a grasp" on it. But those who are BORN with Uranus in those strong positions are also BORN with a sense of how to make these changes and use them to their advantage. And one of the things that helps these Uranian people with their life "restructuring" is...astrology! ;)

Astrologically Uranian,

Tim

P.S. Your descriptions of the people who have Pluto and Neptune at the Midheaven seem "spot on" to me. As you notice, each person found a way to work with there strong planetary eneriges in a "good" way (i.e., "nuclear physicist", "wine maker".)

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

I think another point to consider is if the individual makes his/her living as an astrologer or simply studies natal charts and planetary movements as a hobby--and the latter does not necessarily make one less of an astrologer, as I know of individuals who have studied intensely and were gifted astrologers who decided against pursuing this career path for their own reasons.

Even the word astrologer itself seems somewhat vague in describing a particular individual's expertise. Does an astrologer specialize in studying the nature and mythology of the planets and making their findings public in the astrological community or to the general public? Does he or she specialize in writing newspaper horroscopes or detailed personal predictions using solar arcs, solar and lunar returns, progressions, transits, etc.? Does he or she specialize in the complex calculations often required for chart rectification, or is a more intuitive approach taken? Perhaps an astrologer is someone who is simply interested in learning about himself and others? Is there a box I can check for all of the above? :D

Arian Maverick

Kingsley

I haven't anything against Uranus Tim and disagree with what you say in a personal way about me "not getting a grasp of it" etc. I also wouldn't necessarily tag myself as "traditional" as you seem to think, even though that system incorporates a high degree of accuracy in analysing planetary strengths etc.

Shining Ray did come up with some good examples didn't he and Maverick's statement is spot on. Perhaps we can aggree to disagree Tim about the quality of Uranus at the Mc while analising planets. How a person utilises and encorporates into personality, say with Uranus at the Mc is another matter in my view and I have no disagreement in that case.

I wonder how many astrologers there are without any usual signs for this type of endeavour?

best

kingsley

Soul Friend

I just thought I'd share a thought I recall from a source no longer in my possession but the author was Sybil Leek who alluded to the neutral nature of Mercury and that because of that it absorbed into its influence elements of the nearest planet even if outside the orb of a conjunction. So if Uranus is nearer it would influence your thinking processes and ability to understand things of a Uranian nature including the stars or other things it rules.

Sag Moon

Like anything else there are probably those we do not even know of having a talent for reading charts which is quite extrodinary.

Those that have other gifts such as healing ,clairvoyance and telepathy and blend the use of astrology into their life are exceptionally talented,but often go unrecognized.

I do not think that many are exceptional astrologers until they mature.It takes years to develop insight and skills to deal with particular situations.

There is also many new discoveries that are being intergrated into chart reading.

If I wanted an astrologer I think I would choose an older mature person like Marc Penfield or Steven Forrest.

There was an article in Mt.Astrologer a few years ago and there are not many full time astrologers .Most use astrology as a supplemental income or something to do on the side.

As far as aspects all the outer planets might play a role and that includes Neptune for a certain psychic intuition.Uranus is electric intuition and Pluto might be deep intuition.

Mercury was probably the ancient ruler along with Saturn for astrology.So there might be some sort of balancing that needs to be looked at for onee that wishes to be considered an exceptional astrologer .Most do not do it fulltime.

I will not practice astrology until I feel I have mastered the art. A few years from now from what I can see in my chart.

waybread

I have Uranus closely conjunct my MC--which is ruled by Mercury, although it doesn't make a major aspect to it. So naturally I think Uranus conjunct MC is dyn-o-mite!! I would think, though, given that the Gauquelins' "power zone" is just to the right of the MC in the 9th, that this might be a better placement for Uranus than in the 10th. Rex E. Bills, _The Rulership Book_ does give Uranus as the ruler of astrology. I have observed, though, that many astrologers have moons in water signs--something I don't have--but that I think could help them intuit people's motivations.

Also, I think there are different kinds of astrology/astrologers. Some are more attracted to a. as the study of a complex system, while others prefer the one-on-one counseling dimension. Probably these are different in horoscopes.

I am no professional astrologer--just a passionate student of it for about 17 years.

athan

hi there Green,
well, I think Uranus is very important as an astrology inclined chart indicator but only helping with the logical facet of astrology. There is more to it since you need to know what to put together to make either an evaluation of a character or a forecast.
I think that a uranian moon would do partly the trick.
I have angle Uranus in asc.Scorp opposing sun&merc midpoint in 7H and cancer moon in 9H.
I don't know why but I feel that Saturn has sth do do with it... I don't know,what do you think?

starlink

Hi everyone! Coming in late into this discussion. Instead of saying what I think are the "astrological planets", I will just tell you why I think I am so obsessed with Astrology, now already for more than 25 years. I think it is indeed my Uranus in Gemini sextiling my MC closely from the 7th and sextiling absolutely exactly the (traditional) ruler of my Ascendant Scorpio: Mars in the 5th of selfexpression, hobbies. Uranus is on top of that part of my only YOD between Moon (Apex), Uranus and Mars. This is "the finger of God" pointing towards using my selfexpression(Mars in 5) in a unique (Uranus) way (well, I think Astrology is unique). This is the main reason I think, why Astrology is my life (apart from my children, packed 5th house LOL!) Someone mentioned Moon in the 9th. I have a Moon which rules the 9th and is situated in Scorpio conjunct Jupiter in the 12th. and the Moon's ruler is again Pluto in the 9th (so there is some sort of interchange with Moon, Pluto and 9th house. Moon also squares Pluto). I think the 12th house is very helpful for Astrologers. Our intuition, especially with Moon there, is hightened. Planets in the 12th, in Pisces or in strong contact with Neptune can give empathy (necessary when you want to help people)and intuition .I am very sensitive to other peoples moods.Also the 8th and the 4th house, the waterhouses and planets therein make people more aware and intuitive. I think that the 8th house is extremely important .Here we find the deep research that is necessary and the psychic abilities. I dont have planets in my 8th but it is ruled by Mercury as is my Uranus. I have earned money with astrology on the side, next to other, more hefty jobs. My Jupiter, ruler of my 2nd is in my 12th conj. Moon.
The Astrologers with strong Mercurial qualities, I think, are more the writers in this field.
Cheers, Starlink

Last edited:

Draco

Who on the forum has ura conj mc?

It depends how you look at it. Most would say I have.

Mountain:

I would think, though, given that the Gauquelins' "power zone" is just to the right of the MC in the 9th, that this might be a better placement for Uranus than in the 10th.

Interesting.

I have Uranus at Sagittarius 01.11, and the MC at 07.07. I only observe an orb of two degrees between an angle and Uranus, Neptune or Pluto, and so this is a little wide for a conjunction for me, as such I don't consider myself a 'proper' Uranus/MC, but I'm open minded, especially with what Mountain mentioned.

In fact, according to some, with Aquarius on the ascendant, Uranus is my ascendant ruler, and with Uranus on the MC, what a configuration! Shame I'm rooted in tradition. :eek:

I see Mercury as the primary significator of astrology, astrologers can sometimes be thinkers as well as eccentrics. ;)

Moulin

Draco said:
I am indeed. :p

I'm tidier in theory than in practice though!

ha! Well, virgo's aren't always tidy and it's ok cos it's better to be a deviant virgo. I'm a rebellious taurean - my fridge is never full, not into chocolate and skinny as a broomstick :p

Carole

I have Uranus in 6 Leo 58', 10th house, conjunct my MC in 5 Leo 57'. However, I have always attributed my passion for Astrology to my Mercury/Saturn conjunction in Sagittarius, 2nd house cusp, trining my MC. My Sun and Ascendant are in Scorpio, and my Moon ruled by Mercury (Gemini) in the 8th house, so this helps to my interest in the subject.

Both, Mercury and Uranus, make mostly easy aspects with the other planets.
Does this make me a good astrologer? I don't know. Does all of this give me a deep interest in Astrology? Yes. Does it give me intuition, persistence and ability to dig into occult things? Yes. Does it make me extremely curious and passionate about philosophy and learning in general, and specifically Astrology? Definitely.

About Uranus, it's in trine with my Mercury/Saturn conjunction and I think it may influence my open mindedness, and my passion about computers and anything new.

Carole

Last edited:

Draco

However, I have always attributed my passion for Astrology to my Mercury/Saturn conjunction in Sagittarius

This took my interest. I also feel that my interest in astrology has a lot to do with a conjunction of Mercury to Saturn in Libra, if not so much my interest in it, but the type of astrology that I am applied to.

Mercury conjoined with Saturn suggests a mindfulness of tradition, and Saturn, ascendant ruler, conjoined with Mercury, ruler of the fourth, also suggests a coming together of the self with history, tradition and antiquity (and yet to another school of thought, my ascendant ruler Uranus is on the ninth house side of conjunction to midheaven, which is interesting).

Mercury is within the moiety of it's orbs for a conjunction with Saturn in my horoscope, but the conjunction actually does not fulfill itself in the days after birth, due to the frustration of Mercury turning retrograde before conjunction completes. When Mercury turned direct in the progressed horoscope, to proceed to complete it's conjunction with Saturn, I began for the first time to seriously look into astrology, and I now understand why I am drawn to traditional perspectives and methods, or at least, this is part of how it is described in my chart.

I believe Fensi also has a Mercury/Saturn conjunction in Libra, and I can remember us once discussing how this relates to an interest in horary, which concerns analysing the small details (Mercury/Saturn), and weighing up the pros and cons of these observations into judgement (Libra).

How do you feel that Saturn influences the type of astrology that you pursue or are most interested in?

In whole sign houses, the Saturn/Mercury conjunction is in the ninth house of astrology, and the house is ruled by Venus, which is conjoined with Saturn by antiscion. So both natural and ninth house significator's of astrology are with Saturn. I definately have an interest in the dark side and more macabre, and this filters through into the kind of astrology that I am interested in.

In Placidus, Mars in Scorpio is the ninth house ruler, and resident in the ninth. This has a lot to do with my identity astrologically, I use the name 'Draco', meaning 'serpent, dragon or devil', a symbol of Mars in Scorpio if ever there was one. This is the name I use for all the other interests I pursue in which I embody the role of 'reader'.

The concept that some planets are 'malefic' is important to me, I feel it is a misunderstood concept, and I can't deny the sadism of the sixth, the deadliness of the eighth or the masochism of the twelfth. Indeed, Mars and Saturn are the planets I find most interesting, and everything that comes under their influence is what gets me going astrologically. My astrological interests can be somewhat morbid, not just for the Mercury/Saturn in the Placidus eighth, but for a meloncholic-choleric temperament, and Mars and Saturn having greatest power, and these both affiliated with the significators of astrology.

I collect the horoscope data for serial killers, the charts of violent criminals and psychopaths are of great interest to me. I ponder the event charts of people who have vanished without explanation, to try and unravel from the charts what became of them, be they murdered, killed accidentally, run away or being held somewhere against their will. I am fascinated with the application of astrology to crime and criminals, the concept of 'forensic astrology' appeals to me a great deal (Mercury/Saturn eighth). I have more than once on forums raised the concept of 'mortal charts'. Supposing that we have an afterlife, and the moment of death embodies the moment of 'birth' into that afterlife, then what does the chart tell us about it?

With Mercury conjoined with Saturn, I find that my reading material has always been touched by Saturn, be it old and traditional, occult, concerning crime, death or horror, the sacred or ancient, harrowing, tragic or very deep.

Uranus on the midheaven (and to some, ruling the ascendant), would seem to be a good thing if Uranus is associated with astrology, but why would it be so?

I feel that Mercury and it's contacts, and the ruler and occupants of the ninth describe a persons astrological path.

Hi Draco,

Just for clarity, is there any chance of seeing your chart......somehow I thought you were a pisces asc.........from reading past threads.

Liquid Green

Draco

Sure.

I used to think I was Pisces rising. I cast my chart from the tme my mother had given me for my birth which was 18.00, but I never trusted this as it sounded rounded off to me, and I couldn't be sure by just far off it was. I had the strong notion that I ought to be Pisces rising, and settled on Pisces 10 as the degree I was most comfortable with. I later just used the 18.00 time and accepted my Aquarius ascendant when I looked into it more and noticed interesting transits in early Aquarius impacting upon my life.

As it turns out, thanks to the help of 'cosmic ordering', I found a record of my birth time, a plastic identity tag I had worn around my wrist in hospital after birth. It featured my name, the date, and the time, '5.56pm', which is just four minutes short of my mother's quote, must be my birth time.

About cosmic ordering - this was the first time I had ever tried this, and I wasn't even trying hard, and two days later I found confirmation of an exact time that I had wished for for years.

It's funny how I had at one time settled on a chart cast for the Pisces 10 ascendant. As it turned out my pre-natal lunation was a full Moon, at Pisces 10, which marks my natal equitorial ascendant (anti-vertex). It interests me that despite my intuitive inclination as to my ascendant was incorrect, but I had correctly intuited my equitorial ascendant.