Coming to a crossroads in relationship - do you see a future?

I have been with my live-in boyfriend for almost three years now and have discussed the prospect of marriage with him. He is very on the fence about it and wants to get his career going before he considers taking that step.

From the moment I saw him I felt this intense fate attached to him. He is handsome, intelligent and has the capacity to be very caring, nurturing, and insightful. However, most of the time he is VERY emotionally guarded and leaves me wanting more. After looking at our charts, I was really intimidated by his - five planets in the 12th house alone!!! All Scorpio!! YIKES!!

He is not a bad person, but is he the one for me? Does our relationship have a future, or will we eventually grow apart? I am a dabbler in astrology - I know enough about planets in houses, but I never really got deep in to synastry. Any opinions or insights would be really welcome. Attached are my natal chart, his natal chart, and our synastry chart from astro.com Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-08-03 at 7.26.54 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-08-03 at 7.26.54 PM.png
    300.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen shot 2013-08-03 at 7.26.19 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-08-03 at 7.26.19 PM.png
    328.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen shot 2013-08-03 at 7.27.58 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-08-03 at 7.27.58 PM.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 14

mooonstone

Your natal placements = quite open and forthright in love, probably quite romantic, interested in the foundation of a friendship, perhaps travel/cultures. His placements tend towards brooding, cautious behavior, and difficulty expressing love, perhaps waiting for perfection, maybe nagging and mean at times. The good thing about this 12th house stellium is that the planets are all conjunct – so whatever they are doing (be it good or bad) they are doing it together, and he is likely pretty honest with what he says, especially because the sun/moon are conjunct. Personally, the 5th house overlays you guys have in synastry point to a dating relationship, but there isn’t anything in the synastry that points to marriage or longevity with this partner. When someone has 12th house planets, and so many at that, it’s usually to their benefit to be with someone who conjuncts their stellium with planets from the same sign or ASC because they will have an affinity right away with that partner and be able to (perhaps) express themselves better with someone who understands them on a deeper level. Your own planets (in Aries) are just too vastly different from his to garner that simpatico. I’m trying to see what drew you guys together because it’s not a natural partnership between your signs, and it’s probably your own 12th house mars and node sitting right on his DSC sign, it’s a fated connection, the node on the DSC that way, but that also means it opposes his stellium. Just make your own decision, this is opinion, but know that (just in general) a guy who doesn’t marry you sooner rather than later probably never will (and that’s not astrology, just men in general!).

Thank you so much for your insight mooonstone! Interesting assessment on his 12th house club of planets, he really does seem to have a good equilibrium within his self despite have a tumultuous childhood.